Check this anti gun bullshit out.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/local/neighborhood/2015/07/28/life-flight-responding-to-shooting-in-baytown/30771711/ -- damn cant even brake into a church peacefully now days -- dang gun totting pastors protecting their churches -- i mean i'm sure he just wanted to pray to god and all

http://www.khou.com/story/local/2015/07/28/11922492/ -- he should of just invited the burglar to a home cooked meal and a place to stay -- i thought statically he own gun would of been used against him -- i mean all research's show this happens the guns just end up used against them

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not going to stoop to your levels. I could google for days upon days posting links and saying "Oh so I suppose this crip was just exercising his right to use his gun" or "oh so I suppose this guy raping a woman at gunpoint is cool then yeah?" but we all know your side of the argument holds absolutely no weight which is why you resort to childish attempts at "proof". I'm sure millions of incidents where someone being on heroin has 100% saved them from certain death, and by your logic you'd prescribe heroin to everyone because you'd have the proof that it saves lives.

I once almost got stabbed but I was saved because I told some guys I was a Partick Thistle fan and they just laughed at me instead of stabbing me. So everyone should be a Partick Thistle fan?

The most stupid thing of all is that you guys post links to incidents caused by gun crime, as if having guns are the solution to the incident. What about the CAUSE?

• Upvote 3

I'm not going to stoop to your levels. I could google for days upon days posting links and saying "Oh so I suppose this crip was just exercising his right to use his gun" or "oh so I suppose this guy raping a woman at gunpoint is cool then yeah?" but we all know your side of the argument holds absolutely no weight which is why you resort to childish attempts at "proof". I'm sure millions of incidents where someone being on heroin has 100% saved them from certain death, and by your logic you'd prescribe heroin to everyone because you'd have the proof that it saves lives.

I once almost got stabbed but I was saved because I told some guys I was a Partick Thistle fan and they just laughed at me instead of stabbing me. So everyone should be a Partick Thistle fan?

The most stupid thing of all is that you guys post links to incidents caused by gun crime, as if having guns are the solution to the incident. What about the CAUSE?

If the bad guys werent armed, then I would have NO problem with not having a gun for anything other than hunting, but alas, they do, they wont put them down for you, me, or anyone (remember you are talking to the law abiding gun owners here) You really need to send some of your venom in the proper direction. I will tell you what, you get the bad guys to disarm and I will follow suit. Until then, there isnt much that you can say that will sway my opinion. The real funny part of this, is that you have SO much animosity towards us, and WE are LAW abiding citizens. Go point you anger at some Crips/bloods or someone else that is actually breaking the gun laws. After all it is the gang violence that causes the numbers to over-flow, NOT those of us that follow the laws.

Hypothetically speaking, if a law was passed which forced citizens to give up their guns, would you do it? I know it will never happen but hypothetically, would you do it and still be a law abiding citizen or would you risk jail time by possessing a gun?

Hmm, well, hypothetically, IF they started rounding up unlawful guns FIRST and did it for a while, Before coming after mine, then I would most likely follow the law,..IF they come after my gun BEFORE they go after the illegal ones, then I would have a hiding place for mine. ONLY because it (crime) would get worse ,for years, before it would get better jfyi- I dont have any guns that fit the assault style.

Hmm, well, hypothetically, IF they started rounding up unlawful guns FIRST and did it for a while, Before coming after mine, then I would most likely follow the law,..IF they come after my gun BEFORE they go after the illegal ones, then I would have a hiding place for mine. ONLY because it (crime) would get worse ,for years, before it would get better jfyi- I dont have any guns that fit the assault style.

Would you be waiting for an alert saying "ALL ILLEGAL GUNS SEIZED" or something?

You make gun laws insane. Like pass ridiculously hard stages, home inspections, the works, and slap a 5 year jail sentence on illegal gun owners at the end of it and you will see less crime. The problem is people like you. The law abiding gun owners that will refuse to hand over their guns. I like that you guys think tat having a gun prevents home invasions. That's cute. Realistically half of you "gun lovers" are probably heavy sleepers with no pets so you're throats slit before you can even find your gun.

I actually want your answer on the Jim Jeffery's thing. Where do you store your gun? Safe/Lockbox or leave it loose?

I actually want your answer on the Jim Jeffery's thing. Where do you store your gun? Safe/Lockbox or leave it loose?

The funny thing is - even though he has used humour to get the points across, there will not be one logical answer from the "pro-gun" guys to any of the points he has made... Sadly most in this thread fall into that 10% he is talking about

The funny thing is - even though he has used humour to get the points across, there will not be one logical answer from the "pro-gun" guys to any of the points he has made... Sadly most in this thread fall into that 10% he is talking about

Yeah I'm usually against that kind of comedy tbh. The likes of Bill Hicks who uses a flawed logic joke to prove that smoking weed is better than doing your taxes or something stupid like that. But Jim was not only funny but he was spot on with a few of the points. Good comebacks gained from it haha.

during the day my gun is put up in a safe but that would be stupid to do at night. You gonna tell Mr. Burgler to hold up a second while I unlock my safe LOL My gun is within hand reach on my nightstand while I'm sleeping. And I have a 80lb pit bull, so nobody is getting in my house silently. Honestly once they see him most anybody is gonna haul ass the other way but still ya never know

• Upvote 1

well if you must know I keep one on nightstand next to bed -- one on table next to my chair in living room -- one on my computer desk and they are all loaded with one in the chamber ready to go -- also have 4 dogs well trained in using the guns themselves -- one 120lb american bulldog, one 60lb pitbull, one 50lb german short haired pointer and one 65lb doberman -- they are all trained killers and sharpshooters

well if you must know I keep one on nightstand next to bed -- one on table next to my chair in living room -- one on my computer desk and they are all loaded with one in the chamber ready to go -- also have 4 dogs well trained in using the guns themselves -- one 120lb american bulldog, one 60lb pitbull, one 50lb german short haired pointer and one 65lb doberman -- they are all trained killers and sharpshooters

http://www.alternet.org/files/dogwithgun.jpg

• Upvote 2

I was taking this post serious until you mentioned the dogs. I have it from a reliable source your Doberman can't shoot for shit :-)

I was taking this post serious until you mentioned the dogs. I have it from a reliable source your Doberman can't shoot for shit :-)

thats why there is only 3 pistols laid out -- the other 3 dogs get them first due to him being a little on the slow side

here are the trained killers -- the dobie is sort of a loner so he isnt in this pic, come to think of it he might be mental so might need to pull his gun rights from him totally -- the short haired pointer there is the general of the group -- he thinks he can kick all their ass at the same time

http://i60.tinypic.com/28gwlsy.jpg

during the day my gun is put up in a safe but that would be stupid to do at night. You gonna tell Mr. Burgler to hold up a second while I unlock my safe LOL My gun is within hand reach on my nightstand while I'm sleeping. And I have a 80lb pit bull, so nobody is getting in my house silently. Honestly once they see him most anybody is gonna haul ass the other way but still ya never know

You do that EVERY night though? I understand your opinion will be "I'll do anything to keep my family safe" but for that to be entirely true then your kids will never cross a road in case a drunk driver speeds through the light or they can never be outside alone in case a rouge pitbull attacks them or some shit.

To go to the effort to store, unstore, store, unstore a weapon every single day in the off chance that you're one of the few people in the world that ever gets murdered in their bed, it's a lot of overkill. Plus, how do you know you're even gonna wake up to grab it? Maybe YOU are a light sleeper but what about every heavy sleeper in the world?

PBR spends an entire thread posting links and trying to be sarcastic but the second he got called out he turned to joke time.

Didn't expect much else though. You can't defend open gun ownership.

lol -- what you even talking about -- called out? pfft lol

and i defend gun ownership plenty -- as much or more than you can trying to deny it -- yes you could say i have posted some sarcastic stuff last couple of pages but to me its not really sarcastic cause its the way most of you sound -- not one thing i posted is different than most of you have stated by showing compassion and try helping the criminals out, why not try to make them better people -- so in the end it isnt sarcastic

http://www.guns.com/2015/07/21/ca-business-owner-shot-during-robbery-returns-fire-killing-two-suspects/

and most say just give them what they want and they will go without hurting you -- i seen someone mention that several times in this thread -- well as I said it's not true here in the states they will try to kill you cause they dont want reported or chance to end up in prison -- even though he was shot good thing this guy had a concealed handgun and killed both of them DEAD!!!!! and most likely saved his own life in the process

lol -- what you even talking about -- called out? pfft lol

and i defend gun ownership plenty -- as much or more than you can trying to deny it -- yes you could say i have posted some sarcastic stuff last couple of pages but to me its not really sarcastic cause its the way most of you sound -- not one thing i posted is different than most of you have stated by showing compassion and try helping the criminals out, why not try to make them better people -- so in the end it isnt sarcastic

You were asked where you store your gun, which unless you do the nightmare of a routine that skull does, leaves you open to being called out in the next post. Chances are you either lock it up safely, or keep it readily available (which makes it also available to others, such as children).

PBR, how come every single link you posts basically has the message "Look at how these wonderful guns protected someone against....well guns?". You know if that other guy couldn't just get a gun willy nilly then he probably wouldn't have one? Gangs will always be able to get guns, but if you could do 5 years inside just for possession then you can be damn sure people aren't risking getting caught with one in an alley on the street. You wouldn't get as many hold ups for someone's property with a gun because the reward is barely worth the risk. The only people who believe it would be would be your desperate junkies, but how many junkies have an inside connection and the money to buy a highly illegal weapon in an outlawed or heavily gun controlled area?

The logic you guys employ is basically like this; there's a place in something like Ukraine or Russia, maybe I'm a bit off but I'm sure you could find it with a few good Google Searches. It's a high tourist area and is COMPLETELY locked down by the Mafia. Because the Mafia makes so much money from tourism, it's basically a rule in the area that if you so much as look at a tourist the wrong way, you could be facing the wrong end of a gun. This is great for tourists, a place where they are completely free of crime. If you think about it, it's also great for natives, a place where even they are completely free of crime. So by the logic of half the links you guys are posting and by referencing places like Plano, you'd take this as an example that if the Mafia controlled the world there would be zero crime. That the Mafia is great and protects everyone. The police should legalize the Mob and all of their criminal activities, because in one place in eastern Europe, it's effective.

• Upvote 1