Check this anti gun bullshit out.

I stopped reading after the first paragraph when I read

Again, this is basically like all of your other statistics where they take one random fact and say it is the defining cause of lower crime rates, when it doesn't look at the major issue which is "Firearm-Related Incidents", and I can hazard a guess that it doesn't look at economical factors or anything else apart from "People bought more guns, overall crime rates have decreased".

Plus, the USA is so saturated with guns that it would take 50 years for sensible gun laws, if they ever happen, to start making an impact on statistics.

Isn't the new testament unaccepted by most Jews?

Regardless, it's always going to be a "them and us" situation. The American constitution is for the American people, the "us". The Jewish scripture is for Jews, the Christian scripture is for Christians.

Yes, the new testament is a christian book. I never said it was a jewish book. The new testament is a Graeco-Roman book added onto the bible. The bible is a jewish book.

"The American constitution is for the American people, the "us"." - You don't think there is any "Us and Them" in US society? You really believe that the USA is simply an "Us"? Seriously?

I stopped reading after the first paragraph when I read

Again, this is basically like all of your other statistics where they take one random fact and say it is the defining cause of lower crime rates, when it doesn't look at the major issue which is "Firearm-Related Incidents", and I can hazard a guess that it doesn't look at economical factors or anything else apart from "People bought more guns, overall crime rates have decreased".

Crime rate down is crime rate down, what do you think that means, If more guns caused more crimes, than we would have more crime, F$ck economy . You do understand that the crime rate numbers include gun related crimes right,..? If you read that you would also see that the POLICE force is the biggest killers with guns, thus throwing the numbers out of proportion. You dont want to understand. Grant, In the Alliance I love you,..here,.....not so much.

Crime rate down is crime rate down, what do you think that means, If more guns caused more crimes, than we would have more crime, F$ck economy . You do understand that the crime rate numbers include gun related crimes right,..? If you read that you would also see that the POLICE force is the biggest killers with guns, thus throwing the numbers out of proportion. You dont want to understand. Grant, In the Alliance I love you,..here,.....not so much.

Your ignorance of any other factor involved in crime rates is quite saddening. People's economical situations is a major factor in their likelihood to commit a crime, and for you to say "Fuck economy" says it all really.

So you are saying the major contributor to crime rates being down is due to people owning guns? You can't look at the amount of shootings in America and not say that the accessibility people have to guns isn't the issue. It isn't a case of "All guns be banned" that I think should happen, but damn, you don't need a fucking fully automatic assault rifle to protect a house. Gun Control doesn't outright mean Total Gun Ban to me, it just means limiting the amount and type of guns people can own. Want a handgun to protect your house? You only get 1 gun, not a collection of them. And shit, if you are insecure in your country about needing to carry said gun with you, that says it all about your living situation.

• Upvote 1

Actually, gun ownership is down. The number of guns in circulation is up. They are not the same thing. Basically, the right wing conspiracy theory nuts who already owned guns went out and bought quite a few more. The actual number of households with guns has been on the decline which brings us back to my original point you never had a counter for. Why is it the states with the lowest ownership rates are by far and away the safest in the country while those with the highest ownership rates have the highest murder rates with a bullet. Alaska is our murder capitol while Hawaii and New York are the two safest states in the country.

Well, I am not fighting with you guys, so I can carry an assault rifle with me. I have said it at least 2 times,..I dont even carry a gun, but my home is armed. Grant this is the first time that you have stated that you arent for a TOTAL gun ban. Well the TOTAL gun ban is why I am so pissed off here. I dont want it either,..I am FOR background checks, and I want MORE attention to the dumb asses getting guns that shouldnt have them. The numbers of gun deaths are also blown to sh!t because of the number of police shootings and those are pretty out of control. But I am here to argue about a total gun ban only,...There are way too many respectable gun folks in this country for us to THINK about giving up our right to have them for the freaking TINY numbers in comparisson to TOTAL population. All of the US is around what 4.2 ish per 100,000. The cops alone are 145 per 100000 for gun imposed deaths. What does that do to the totals ?

but there is TOO much confusion with the statistics and numbers, I have a head ache, again.

Madness your numbers of ownership doesnt cover the almost 8 months of THIS year, which happens to be when most of this BS started over here.

Carry permits have skyrocketed

• Downvote 2

I'm not for gun bans in America because you guys are too far gone. I'm been arguing how idiotic the whole amendment and "guns are in Plano so that proves guns are good" bullshit.

I reckon it should be EXTREMELY hard to own a gun. Training in correct usage, certifications, waiting periods, inspections etc. Even go as far as have a guy come to your house randomly once a year to spot check your safe storage.

• Upvote 3

No one in government has proposed a single bill to ban guns. Not one. The only attempts since Obama has been in office was for high capacity magazines with a little lip service thrown in about bringing back the Brady Bill. All this talk about banning guns is just fear generated by the right wing echo chamber to scare you into buying more before they run out. This has been repeated multiple times by many people throughout this thread. My numbers hold true for all the months there is data. You are claiming something has changed then show the numbers. What is ownership in each state and how has it effected their murder rate compared to states that have less/more? For all the months we have data on less ownership equals less murder.

• Upvote 1

I'm not for gun bans in America because you guys are too far gone. I'm been arguing how idiotic the whole amendment and "guns are in Plano so that proves guns are good" bullshit.

I reckon it should be EXTREMELY hard to own a gun. Training in correct usage, certifications, waiting periods, inspections etc. Even go as far as have a guy come to your house randomly once a year to spot check your safe storage.

Plano was brought up to dispute the More guns equal more crime B.S. Fact: the most guns per capita in the US. Fact : Plano is one of the lowest crime rates in the US.

Fact More guns does NOT always mean more crime.

• Downvote 1

Plano was brought up to dispute the More guns equal more crime B.S. Fact: the most guns per capita in the US. Fact : Plano is one of the lowest crime rates in the US.

Fact More guns does NOT always mean more crime.

Have you disclosed the economical factors in Plano? Nah? That's cool

I had a look myself though, and it is quite an affluent area. They don't have the need to commit crimes for any reason, they have plenty of money. Crime Rates are always considerably lower in areas that have a high level of income and low levels of poverty.

You are again trying to link their low crime to their high gun levels, when that is simply not the case when you look at more than just the gun factor.

If they didnt have guns in PLANO , I bet that there would be an assload of crime. Dont you think ?!? or does that have nothing to do with it either.

Or do you not understand the fact that, the wealth is available because very few criminals want to risk their lives to take it.

I dont know about your side of the world, but an intelligent criminal usually does his crime outside of his neighborhood. AKA: they "Trick or Treat" at the good houses. Not to mention Crime 101: Dont sh!t where you eat. In a poor neighborhood there is less worth stealing and less worth mugging. That is why i didnt care for your local economy argument too much (in other places where there are fewer options, Maybe , but not here in America).

Education level is far more important to get low crime numbers, rather than judging by the number of guns.

Alaska is the 2nd least poorest state and has the highest crime rates. Alaska was the most dangerous state in 2013 and the only state with more than 600 violent crimes per 100,000 residents even though its poverty rate is only 9%.
The safest states in US are Vermont (12th least poorest) , Maine (20th least poorest) and Virginia (9th least poorest).

Accidental death by guns is a puny 600 a year out of 100 million gun owners and 300 million guns. Drs. kill 124,000 by error alone.

Oh, and this kind of sh!t :

"Have you disclosed the economical factors in Plano? Nah? That's cool"

Makes it sound like you think, or want to make people think, that you are talking to idiot. Grant , are you talking to an idiot ?

• Downvote 2

Let's be honest. How many criminals are intelligent? Desperate people living in poverty tend to shit where they eat. Just look up any neighborhood crime map. You're trying to compare a small affluent area to a flat broke large urban city the governor sold off for scrap just doesn't come off as anywhere near a fair comparison.

I dont know about your side of the world, but an intelligent criminal usually does his crime outside of his neighborhood. AKA: they "Trick or Treat" at the good houses. Not to mention Crime 101: Dont sh!t where you eat. In a poor neighborhood there is less worth stealing and less worth mugging. That is why i didnt care for your local economy argument too much (in other places where there are fewer options, Maybe , but not here in America).

Wow one of the most definite stupid quotes i have ever heard and i was just skimming through.Most criminal or pretty dumb and opportunistic they steal from anyone .Hey they steal for friends and family most of the time and it mostly local.

A "smart criminal" you called then or very rare and i mean very rare.I have no problem with then .A guy who knocks of a truck load of money from a bank or steal form some rich asshole with a 20 million dollar mansion without harming anyone hey good for then :shades: ;).We need more people like that .

O another quote not here in america there plenty of opportunity's .What the fuck .What part of america you living in son .I wouldn't called being a basic slave i suppose the correct term share cropper great opportunity here a break down

i break down the math for you son

any city rent is about 160 a week and that is on the cheap of the cheap end .

To buy food shit that easy another 50 a week .

transport ( going to say 15 a week) if taken the train to and from work i not even entertaining owing car and the cost .

in total that is let say nice round number 225 a week expensive and this is on the low end

work in states I if lucky a unskilled person (even skilled) will be getting 10 doallar a hour

40 hour a week that 400

after getting anally rape by taxes( you get basic fuck all form the government in the sates and they still rape you need to payed for then wars i suppose) that comes down to 300 if lucky.

So yeah if super lucky i mean super lucky you have a hold 75 a week free money wow.I know what a asshole like you going to say .Get a better paying job.Well you trying looking for another job(which there isn't any) after working 40 hours of back breaking labour .I knew some people working 80 hour of week .So yeah get your head out your ass and start living in the real world .

but let be guest as long as you can keep your gun you don't give a fuck right

• Upvote 1

An article about the relation between gun ownership and gun violence in the US. I have put some of the more important parts in bold for the lazy ones .

The largest study of gun violence in the United States, released Thursday afternoon, confirms a point that should be obvious: widespread American gun ownership is fueling America’s gun violence epidemic.

The study, by Professor Michael Siegel at Boston University and two coauthors, has been peer-reviewed and is forthcoming in the American Journal of Public Health. Siegel and his colleagues compiled data on firearm homicides from all 50 states from 1981-2010, the longest stretch of time ever studied in this fashion, and set about seeing whether they could find any relationship between changes in gun ownership and murder using guns over time.

Since we know that violent crime rates overall declined during that period of time, the authors used something called “fixed effect regression” to account for any national trend other than changes in gun ownership. They also employed the largest-ever number of statistical controls for other variables in this kind of gun study: “age, gender, race/ethnicity, urbanization, poverty, unemployment, income, education, income inequality, divorce rate, alcohol use, violent crime rate, nonviolent crime rate, hate crime rate, number of hunting licenses, age-adjusted nonfirearm homicide rate, incarceration rate,and suicide rate” were all accounted for.

No good data on national rates of gun ownership exist (partly because of the NRA’s stranglehold on Congress), so the authors used the percentage of suicides that involve a firearm (FS/S) as a proxy. The theory, backed up by a wealth of data, is that the more guns there are any in any one place, the higher the percentage of people who commit suicide with guns as opposed to other mechanisms will be.

With all this preliminary work in hand, the authors ran a series of regressions to see what effect the overall national decline in firearm ownership from 1981 to 2010 had on gun homicides. The result was staggering: “for each 1 percentage point increase in proportion of household gun ownership,” Siegel et al. found, “firearm homicide rate increased by 0.9″ percent. A one standard deviation change in firearm ownership shifted gun murders by a staggering 12.9 percent.

To put this in perspective, take the state of Mississippi. “All other factors being equal,” the authors write, “our model would predict that if the FS/S in Mississippi were 57.7% (the average for all states) instead of 76.8% (the highest of all states), its firearm homicide rate would be 17% lower.” Since 475 people were murdered with a gun in Mississippi in 2010, that drop in gun ownership would translate to 80 lives saved in that year alone.

Of course, the authors don’t find that rates of gun ownership explain all of America’s gun violence epidemic: race, economic inequality and generally violent areas all contribute to an area’s propensity for gun deaths, suggesting that broader social inequality, not gun ownership alone, contributes to the gun violence epidemic. Nevertheless, the fact that gun ownership mattered even when race and poverty were accounted for suggests that we can’t avoid talking about America’s fascination with guns when debating what to do about the roughly 11,000 Americans who are yearly murdered by gunfire.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/09/13/2617131/largest-gun-study-guns-murder/

• Upvote 1

One more, from Stanford:

Right-to-carry gun laws linked to increase in violent crime, Stanford research shows

Stanford research reaffirms that right-to-carry gun laws are connected with an increase in violent crime. This debunks – with the latest empirical evidence – earlier claims that more guns actually lead to less crime.

BY CLIFTON B. PARKER

Vartanov Anatoly/Shutterstockhttp://news.stanford.edu/news/2014/november/images/14537-guns_news.jpg

Research co-authored by law Professor John Donohoe finds that right-to-carry gun laws are linked to an increase in violent crime.

New Stanford research confirms that right-to-carry gun laws are linked to an increase in violent crime.

Right-to-carry or concealed-carry laws have generated much debate in the past two decades – do they make society safer or more dangerous?

While there is no federal law on concealed-carry permits, all 50 states have passed laws allowing citizens to carry certain concealed firearms in public, either without a permit or after obtaining a permit from local government or law enforcement.

Recently published scholarship updates the empirical evidence on this issue. Stanford law Professor John J. Donohue III, Stanford law student Abhay Aneja and doctoral student Alexandria Zhang from Johns Hopkins University were the co-authors of the study.

"Trying to estimate the impact of right-to-carry laws has been a vexing task over the last two decades," said Donohue, the C. Wendell and Edith M. Carlsmith Professor of Law, in an interview.

He explained that prior research based on data through 1992 indicated that the laws decreased violent crime. But in 2004, he noted, the National Research Council issued a report that found that even extending this data through 2000 revealed no credible statistical evidence these particular laws reduced crime.

'Totality of the evidence'

Now, Donohue and his colleagues have shown that extending the data yet another decade (1999-2010) provides the most convincing evidence to date that right-to-carry laws are associated with an increase in violent crime.

"The totality of the evidence based on educated judgments about the best statistical models suggests that right-to-carry laws are associated with substantially higher rates" of aggravated assault, rape, robbery and murder, said Donohue.

The strongest evidence was for aggravated assault, with data suggesting that right-to-carry (RTC) laws increase this crime by an estimated 8 percent – and this may actually be understated, according to the researchers.

"Our analysis of the year-by-year impact of RTC laws also suggests that RTC laws increase aggravated assaults," they wrote.

The evidence is less strong on rape and robbery, Donohue noted. The data from 1979 to 2010 provide evidence that the laws are associated with an increase in rape and robbery.

The murder rate increased in the states with existing right-to-carry laws for the period 1999-2010 when the "confounding influence" of the crack cocaine epidemic is controlled for. The study found that homicides increased in eight states that adopted right-to-carry laws during 1999-2010.

Research obstacles, next step

"Different statistical models can yield different estimated effects, and our ability to ascertain the best model is imperfect," Donohue said, describing this as the most surprising aspect of the study.

He said that many scholars struggle with the issue of methodology in researching the effects of right-to-carry laws. But overall, his study benefits from the recent data.

Donohue suggested it is worth exploring other methodological approaches as well. "Sensitive results and anomalies – such as the occasional estimates that right-to-carry laws lead to higher rates of property crime – have plagued this inquiry for over a decade," he said.

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2014/november/donohue-guns-study-111414.html

• Upvote 1

A recent study conducted by me has shown that instances of girls going 'awwwww' increase on any occasion that I walk my dog. I believe there is likely to be a direct correlation to instances of female underwear disappearance.

http://i.imgur.com/m9JV0Wtl.jpg

• Upvote 6

A recent study conducted by me has shown that instances of girls going 'awwwww' increase on any occasion that I walk my dog. I believe there is likely to be a direct correlation to instances of female underwear disappearance.

http://i.imgur.com/m9JV0Wtl.jpg

That is nothing. You should try taking a baby out for a walk. Extra points for wearing a wedding ring. They seem to think the ring means you are relationship material they have to have right now. They also fail to realize if they get what they want you just ditched your wife for another woman. Is that still relationship material? Women are crazy.

• Upvote 1

Accidental death by guns is a puny 600 a year out of 100 million gun owners and 300 million guns. Drs. kill 124,000 by error alone.

That's still 600 people that should not be dead at all, how in any world is that deemed ok? since you know, it's only 600 people.

• Upvote 2

Only about 1500 people died in the Twin Towers terror attack. That's way less than the 'war on terror'. The problem isn't terrorism because US retalation is way worse!!!

http://res.cloudinary.com/lyxthzsds/image/upload/v1437782453/Truth_rdfbeo.jpg

• Downvote 1

We like to talk about the guy who breaks into your house ( in spite of the vast majority of home invasions being by unarmed people while you are out of the house or at least appear out of the house ), or the gangs which also only account for a tiny fraction of the overall homicides, or rape which almost always is at the hands of someone the woman already knows ( or inmate the man already knows ). Did you know that the overwhelming majority of murders in our country are by the people you live with? To be more specific it is usually murder/suicide by a man who thinks his woman is cheating. Having a gun in the house didn't help any of those women, because that was the gun used to kill them. That is the reason women are 7 times more likely to be murdered if they have a gun in the house. The number one killer of women is not some stranger. It is their husband/boyfriend and occasionally their 2 year old, because they are too moronic to put the loaded weapon somewhere the kid can't reach. I guess that is Darwin for you. I am not usually for blaming the victim, but if you let your kid open your purse with a gun not properly in a holster and with a round in the chamber but no safety who else can you blame?

• Upvote 1