TUF 17: Jones vs Sonnen

Dana wants Hall in the finale. While I was watching the coaches give Dana their picks, I guessed what the semi-final match-ups were going to be and was right. Dana sees $'s with Hall, win or lose they will bring him along slowly in the UFC and let him rack up some KO's against tailor-made opposition.

Someone else mentioned it, but I think Kelvin beats Uriah. I think Uriah/Josh is close but I would bet on Josh if I had too.

I would disagree with that. Hope he knocks Josh out and all, but I think he's going to get his ass kicked.

Dana wants Hall in the finale. While I was watching the coaches give Dana their picks, I guessed what the semi-final match-ups were going to be and was right. Dana sees $'s with Hall, win or lose they will bring him along slowly in the UFC and let him rack up some KO's against tailor-made opposition.

Someone else mentioned it, but I think Kelvin beats Uriah. I think Uriah/Josh is close but I would bet on Josh if I had too.

Yeah i also figured he would go with the two fights they did too just because they made they most sense to get the 2 best guys in the finale, I just mean why even ask the coaches or fighters if Dana already jnew the fights he wanted? he may aswell just came out and said " OK this is what is happening".

Yeah i also figured he would go with the two fights they did too just because they made they most sense to get the 2 best guys in the finale, I just mean why even ask the coaches or fighters if Dana already jnew the fights he wanted? he may aswell just came out and said " OK this is what is happening".

That's exactly what my issue is with it. He's asked them two rounds in a row and everybody but Josh (and apparently Dana) is saying Josh vs Uriah.

That's exactly what my issue is with it. He's asked them two rounds in a row and everybody but Josh (and apparently Dana) is saying Josh vs Uriah.

I think it's because Dana doesn't want to risk Hall losing. The whole season has slowly turned into a Hall hype extravaganza. They mention the guy every episode, they even went so far as to suggest Bubba's pre-fight mental state was based on fear of Hall when it was actually physical problems. On the show, Hall got the easiest fights possible. Always against un-athletic strikers. So I have a hard time being sold on him yet.

Yeah, it was funny seeing him almost tap before Tor had the choke in. He was brought in to lose to Tor, I kind of doubt he fights in the UFC again.

Yes that was bad he wanted to tap even before the choke was locked. He didnt even try to escape it looked like he just knew he cant win it and wanted it to end.

I think Hall has tons of potential, both of his losses are to top ten ranked mddleweights Costa Phillipou and Weidman who is fighting Silva next, but I think Josh has potential too as much as I hate to admit it because he kind of comes as a douche but he has talent.

Edit: Damn I forgot the show was on, lol. Glad to hear Josh lost even though I wanted to see Uriah whoop that ass. Kelvin sems like a cool dude to so its cool to hear he made it to the finals. Did Kelvin look good and does anyone give him much of achance versus Uriah?

I thought sammon would tire him out and take it late in the fight. But he kept putting himself in bad positions. I like his pace on the bottom but it makes him very careless. This was the best thing that could happen for Hall. Hall could still get beat but he has a better chance to catch Kelvin and keep the distance and keep it standing verses him than he did Sammon. I bet he would lose to both guys. But you have to admit Hall is fun to watch. Im also glad they went to commercial after the fight. Wouldn't have been good for Dana to squeeze one off on national TV. I have never seen Dana that giddy over a fighter before. He was even over dramatizing his half hearted leg kicks.

Of course Hall will be a heavy favorite, but I think Gastelum has a decent chance of winning. If an exhausted and battered Andrews can take him down then I'm pretty sure Gastelum can. Hall got to fight 3 strikers nowhere near his skill level during the show. Cella landed some strikes and the couple of times Andrews actually threw some he landed pretty cleanly at a decent rate.

Since the end of the show they've had what, 3 months or so?

Hall is definitely the favorite. No questions there. I think that Gastelum has definitely proved that he's been the most coachable fighter this season. He's absorbed everything they've said and improved dramatically since he was picked last for Sonnen. I've got to think that he's going to improve quite a bit more. I think he can win. My concern is that we haven't seen him fight a really heavy handed opponent. I'm not sure how he can take shots.

I'm sure I'd take Kelvin with Vegas odds, but Hall straight up.

Also on the card:

Andrews vs. Quinlan

Samman vs. Casey

McDaniel vs. Smith

Barnatt vs. Hart

Hester vs. Marunde (a non TUF 17 fighter)

I loved watching both Quinlan and Andrews. I think Andrews's determination with net him that victory.

I see Samman destroying Casey in another cupcake match for him. Why the hell do they want Casey fighting anyways?

Bubba is going to destroy Gilbert. That's another cupcake match.

Barnatt vs. Hart should be a really good fight, I think it's a toss up, but I'd have to go with Hart.

kelvin has a good career ahead of him at 170...win or lose.

Yeah he looks a bit soft at 185 and he is only 20 or 21 I think and he seems very willing to learn and improve. I think it would actually be better for him to lose to Uriah because if he wins they're going to start hyping him up as the guy who pulled off the upset and they will probably throw him to the wolves where he might lose a couple fights where as if he loses they will probably give him some easier fights to build him up and he can improve while working himself up the ladder.