UFC 156 Pick 'Em

Next Pick 'Em  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should I do a Pick 'Em for UFC on FUEL: Barao vs McDonald??

• Yes
    • No

Overeem looked like shit from start to finish. Looks like he substituted his steroid addiction to alcohol or something. Like he went into a time machine and got the old Alistair back.

I agree. As soon as i saw him step in the cage he looked very soft. You could tell by how he fought he was not the same fighter as the Roidreem. Mass always comes at a consequence and through Roids Reem was able to avoid them and have mass, cardio. But this time you could tell he was pacing himself. He started to tire in what was a slow paced fight. That doesnt bode well for him going forward. Without roids you cant train as long and hard and often. We saw the Reem we should have tonight and that was how all big guys fight. I really wanted him to win because i hate Big Foot. But this Reem is going to have a lot of problems and i see him only gettign worse as the effects of his changes start to wear off.

Over the years people who test positive in the UFC have always struggled when they comeback. People under estimate the mental effect not being able to take the same stuff/dose you used to. These guys cheat because they come to a point in their life where they knew they had to have to them to be successful. Now in the bad of their head they know they are no longer good enough and they doubt themselves to be able to do it naturally and not having confidence as a fighter is not a good thing. Imo the mental effect is just as important as the physical decline coming off of PE's.

I don't know I still think that Frankie won those last two rounds. I agree with you though Frankie should have pressured him more the last three rounds that way no one would have any doubt he won. Still was a great fight though surprised that frankie landed so many leg kicks while Aldo hardly threw them after round 2.

Thats the thing people need to look closer at. When they showed the kick stats in round two it was 7 to 7. I told my friend that is a classic example of why stats are worthless. I would rather have taken all 7 of Frankies kicks than take the worst of Aldo's kicks. You cant even compare. Frankie just doesnt have any power. He is going to have to do a hell of a lot more to over come the damage and power in what Aldo was landing. Every punch of kick was worth 10 of Frankies. I am almost tired of frankie. He has no power. Stop training to got 100 rounds and train to hurt people.. He trains for a marathon and wonders why his fights are close and he is the one always beat up.

Year Long Pick 'Em has been updated.

I want to see if anybody would like me to have a Pick 'Em for the UFC on FUEL TV since the Interim Bantamweight Title Fight is on that card or if I should just skip it and wait until UFC 157 ?????

I agree. As soon as i saw him step in the cage he looked very soft. You could tell by how he fought he was not the same fighter as the Roidreem. Mass always comes at a consequence and through Roids Reem was able to avoid them and have mass, cardio. But this time you could tell he was pacing himself. He started to tire in what was a slow paced fight. That doesnt bode well for him going forward. Without roids you cant train as long and hard and often. We saw the Reem we should have tonight and that was how all big guys fight. I really wanted him to win because i hate Big Foot. But this Reem is going to have a lot of problems and i see him only gettign worse as the effects of his changes start to wear off.

Over the years people who test positive in the UFC have always struggled when they comeback. People under estimate the mental effect not being able to take the same stuff/dose you used to. These guys cheat because they come to a point in their life where they knew they had to have to them to be successful. Now in the bad of their head they know they are no longer good enough and they doubt themselves to be able to do it naturally and not having confidence as a fighter is not a good thing. Imo the mental effect is just as important as the physical decline coming off of PE's.

Didn't even need to wait to see him enter the cage. I've not checked back to confirm my memory, but I'm fairly sure if you place the two weigh-in photos for Overeem - v Lesnar and v Bigfoot, it would be obvious.

The same as we're currently seeing, but in reverse, with Mir.

That glorious moment when Overeem is exposed for the over hyped, unjustly arrogant, not so good without his steroids, piece of crap that he is! Never been so happy to get a pick wrong!

• Upvote 2

I wouldn't call Aldo/Edgar a robbery like Henderson/Edgar II clearly was, but 49-46 is wrong. I think 48-47 either way would have been fair. Both men clearly won 2 rounds each and round 3 you could make the case either way, personally I would favour Aldo's more effective and damaging work to Edgar's more consistent, perpetual motion but low impact work in that round.

hey fpv what happened we just fall off the sky on the betting rankings? :P

I have just retired from this life this week. It gave me really good money and helped me to buy 6 months VIP twice but now I have a really good source of income with my org so it is time to stop.

But that's not it for me in the betting game. After I renew my VIP I'll open my own bookmaker ;)

you can send that to my account. :winner:

Uncle Creepy is killing me. Money sent. Congrats

Paid.

All of the "Frankie has no power" bs is waring thin. The guy only fights absolutely elite fighters. It's the same with Johnson at Bantam and Flyweight, when you consistently face absolutely top notch competition finishes are hard to come by and chess match type fights are a lot more likely given the amount of tools at each guys disposal. Before Frankie took him out nobody had so much as made Gray Maynard blink with strikes! The only person to rock Maynard was himself! Frankie is a top notch fighter and is dangerous, he's shown that in how he's dealt with anyone who has been slightly below that elite standard, and as such Aldo deserves a lot of credit for beating him.

• Upvote 1