UFC 156 Pick 'Em

Next Pick 'Em  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should I do a Pick 'Em for UFC on FUEL: Barao vs McDonald??

• Yes
    • No

That loss was more evidence of him failing to respect his opponent and training at a shitty camp than anything else.

It was also evidence that he has no heart, a poor chin and is nowhere near as effective with his strikes as he gets credit for. That was a guy that Cain and Cormier absolutely annihilated, he couldn't do anything with him even when Bigfoot was static and there for the taking.

The fighter that was suspended a year ago would have done the same thing. To me Alistair kinda looked like Denzel Washington in Flight before he stepped into that plane. He didn't look ready at all. There's a giant difference between how he looked when he stepped into the ring against Brock. He even tried to get into the ring before the ref cleared him. He was always very aggressive with his kicks and now he barely used them. And he never kept his hands low before.

The fighter that was suspended a year ago would have done the same thing. To me Alistair kinda looked like Denzel Washington in Flight before he stepped into that plane. He didn't look ready at all. There's a giant difference between how he looked when he stepped into the ring against Brock. He even tried to get into the ring before the ref cleared him. He was always very aggressive with his kicks and now he barely used them. And he never kept his hands low before.

You dont think that had anything to do with him being 265 lbs of muscle without the roids to propel him through cardio training and a 3 round fight? He looked like all fighters who dont have cardio to go 3 rounds. They are scared to death of coming up short and pace themselves. The worst part was the slow pace and little effort he used still tired him out. You cant have the best of both world with mass and cardio naturally. Without the roids he cant have both and he is stuck with the mass for a long time.

It was also evidence that he has no heart, a poor chin and is nowhere near as effective with his strikes as he gets credit for. That was a guy that Cain and Cormier absolutely annihilated, he couldn't do anything with him even when Bigfoot was static and there for the taking.

Cain wasn't doing shit to Bigfoot until that cut, Overeem didn't get the luxury of fighting a blind man and Bigfoot basically went out to stall on the feet again him too, he wasn't giving Overeem anything to counter (which he did when he fought Cormier), so a series of tactical fuckups by Overeem and a series of good decisions by Bigfoot. Overeem didn't take him seriously, I think it was pretty obvious.

Also it took 10 punches, many flush, from a 290 pound man to put Overeem down -- if that's a poor chin then what the fuck.

That loss was more evidence of him failing to respect his opponent and training at a shitty camp than anything else.

Clear, blackzilians are obviously doing something wrong every of their fighters sucked. By the way i'm pretty sure that he got rocked by a headbut just before the ko not a punch.

anyone has a gif 30seconds before the ko?

Cain wasn't doing shit to Bigfoot until that cut, Overeem didn't get the luxury of fighting a blind man and Bigfoot basically went out to stall on the feet again him too, he wasn't giving Overeem anything to counter (which he did when he fought Cormier), so a series of tactical fuckups by Overeem and a series of good decisions by Bigfoot. Overeem didn't take him seriously, I think it was pretty obvious.

Also it took 10 punches, many flush, from a 290 pound man to put Overeem down -- if that's a poor chin then what the fuck.

I doubt Silva is 290. He has a big frame but not a lot of muscle to hold and cut that much water. Brock wasnt even cutting that much. Also it was one fo the first few grazing punches that rocked Overeem. He got hurt from almost nothing. Just because it took extra shots for his legs to go doesnt mean his brain wasnt already fried long ago. His chin was suspect before the roids and now that he doesnt have them and cant go blast people out early or make them go on the defensive his chin is once again suspect.

Who cares. Accidental head butts happen all the time. Most fighters dont even pay attention to them. In MMA and grapplig heads hit all the time. This isnt boxing. I have yet to see him actually hurt by a head butt.

I doubt Silva is 290. He has a big frame but not a lot of muscle to hold and cut that much water. Brock wasnt even cutting that much. Also it was one fo the first few grazing punches that rocked Overeem. He got hurt from almost nothing. Just because it took extra shots for his legs to go doesnt mean his brain wasnt already fried long ago. His chin was suspect before the roids and now that he doesnt have them and cant go blast people out early or make them go on the defensive his chin is once again suspect.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/2/1/3939514/bigfoot-silva-discusses-bad-blood-with-alistair-overeem

says himself he weighs 285 in the video.

next.

one would assume he gets to over 290 pretty easily if he's in shape at 285.

next.

But the out of shape Silva wasnt the one throwing punches at Overeem. So Reem wasnt getting hit by a 290 lb man. :owned: :yawn:

• 2 weeks later...