VENTILATION:

• Remove No Contest from missing flights or being in the wrong city
  • Remove Tickers (since you're removing them, just get it over with) sincerely, an avid ticker supporter

I'm over NC altogether. Nothing in this game bothers me more than a NC. Losing, Tickers, or even some of the retarded people here don't drive me as bonkers as a NC does. It makes me want to punch my computer right in the hard drive. The fact that my fighter can fly to New York when his fight is in Montreal makes no sense. The fact that my fighter can fly to NY when his fght is in Montreal with no warning or red flag popping up that screams in big bold letters:

YOUR FIGHTER LOCATION IS WRONG, THE FIGHT TAKES PLACE IN MONTREAL - NOT NEW YORK

the fact that my fighter can be in the wrong location, without the slightest bit of warning pre-fight, makes absolutely, positively, zero-fucking sense.

Where does the removing tickers come into place? - NC a fight and your tickers don't reset. So now for the next 27+ days this game has turned into flying tycoon for me; jump on a jet every day, twice a day, for a joy ride, just to keep my fighters tickers paused since this game allowed me to NC a fight - an aspect of this game that's totally retarded on every level. NC a fight for being over-weight is one thing, NC a fight because your guy took a jet to the wrong location is just ridiculous and the fact that it's possible when you have to wait 14-30 days for a fight (something tad bit ridiculous in its own right) makes zero sense..

Just remove it. Magically make a fighter poof to the right location. Hell, remove flying to fights altogether and just make them appear at the event and automatically fly home, I don't care. I can't think of any single aspect of this game that's less enjoyable than No Contesting a fight due to your fighter being in the wrong location or flying to the wrong location.

Simple solution? Have a check box, or some kind of confirm button that confirms an auto-booked flight to the location of your fight before fight time. I don't have to pick a location, I don't have to pick a flight, a date, a time, a current location, I just click a simple box or check or button, and regardless of where my fighter happens to be on the date of the fight he'll automatically take a flight from his current location to the location of the fight.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 6

Or don't be a stoner a check the location of the fight before you book it the flight

Pretty simple really

First of all, under no circumstances what so ever for a game that requires weeks to pass before your fight takes place, should no contesting a fight be allowed. It should be damn near impossible feat.

Org was based in New York, every time I have ever seen a fight take place in that org (Dante Evangelesti x2, Billy Batts x1) the events were in New York. I fly to New York a day in advance. Nothing told me that this fight was in Montreal. The fight offer page doesn't tell you that the fight is in Montreal (adding location to fight offer page is a damn necessity). Unfortunately NY and Montreal are in the same Timezone so it blended in.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I don't think it's that much of a problem. I just counted how many out of city fighters I have in my org - 53 and I've had over 100 events and not one single NC since my org came into existance 1 year ago. Not one. I've never had a NC with any of my personal fighters either, except for one caused by an opponent not making weight. Sorry for your shitty luck it just doesn't seem like a game breaking issue to me.

Those 8 NC could of resulted in me punching a baby in the mouth. Everything about a NC sucks. It sucks for at least 3 parties. The managers of the two fighters, and the org owner. The worst part about it is the weeks of anticipating the fight, only to sign on to discover you flew your fighter to the wrong location. It makes 0 sense that this is even possible in this game.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Those 8 NC could of resulted in me punching a baby in the mouth. Everything about a NC sucks. It sucks for at least 3 parties. The managers of the two fighters, and the org owner. The worst part about it is the weeks of anticipating the fight, only to sign on to discover you flew your fighter to the wrong location. It makes 0 sense that this is even possible in this game.

TBH i don't see what you are complaining about you sent him to the wrong city by accident, shit happens.

honestly saw this coming a mile away when I first noticed that the card was in Montreal. I sent a message to the owner like do you really think it's a good idea to have cards in a thousand different cities....I think it's funny that it happened to Karter of all people, lmao

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33454

I can see where this is coming from. The flying around part of the game is a real pain in the ass in my opinion. It most certainly does not make the game more entertaining. I think that there should be a way to just plan it in advance and it should just happen that he goes to the fight on time. I am not sure if it ever happened, but in the UFC you dont see NC's due to being in the wrong city

• Upvote 2

I don't think I've ever used the scout tool but I don't see why the location of the fight can't be added to the fight offers page.

Stu, you know another simple solution to this issue to prevent it from ever happening? Program it to make NC impossible. Simple.

Fairly sure that using information that already exists (ie the scout page) is a hell of a lot easier than having to program something new to prevent NCs.

Either way, I think NCs should still exist for both failing to make weight and due to being in the wrong location, as long as the necessary change previously suggested was made, which meant the innocent fighter still got his tickers reset.

• Upvote 1

Got a NC... get rid of NCs.

How come you didn't bring this same logic to the gun thread CK? ;)

Consider it an IQ test, a simple pass/fail IQ test.

• Downvote 1

Removing NC now isn't going to rewind the hands of time and fix any of my 8 career NC. What it will do is prevent hundreds and potentially thousands of others from making the same stupid unintentional (or intentional in some cases) mistake. It'll prevent multiple headaches, e-tantrums. and it'll save random inanaminate objects from being broken.

Somebody please explain to me how the mechanics of this game allowing people to NC fights makes mmatycoon any better or makes any sense at all? Provide 1 semi-good reason that the possibility of No Contesting a fight due to being in the wrong location is even allowed in this game in the first place? Anybody with the slightest bit of common sense or isn't trying to argue for the sake of arguing, knows or should know that a NC that isn't involved with missing weight is useless and serves no purpose other than to torment a few players that play this game. Org owner(s) and two managers get the shaft due to something that has to involve planes and flying in a MMA simulation game. The fact that you can NC a fight due to being in the wrong city come fight time is pretty fucking retarded AT BEST, to put it nicely. It's a terrible aspect of this game that's lasted 3 years too long. Remove it.

• Downvote 2

How many trolls can you fit in one thread?

NC's are the stupidest thing in this game and it isnt even close.

There is nothing worse than all the things Karter said except when it was the other asshat manager who nc'd. The fuck I want to wait around for weeks training for a fight just to have the other guy nc. It shouldnt even be possible.

There shouldnt be draws in this game either

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Also its irritating when NC is caused by a managers who are inactive. In my org i had 4 events and 3 NC, just because managers decided to leave the game.

It should be changed. It would be awesome if Mike would give some inteligence and free will to a fighters. For example, fighter would decide to stop training before a fight if that would cause he wouldn't be able to cut weight.

Also same situation should be with flights. Fighter would know when he should book his ticket.

Bragi~

Adding it to the fight offer is a good idea, but Mike cannot gold your hand for you and keep you from ever failing. If you are in the wrong city then you shouldn't automatically teleport to the arena. Mike already added auto-flights banned you from leaving the city too close to fight time. He can't play the game for you. I have never been in the wrong city for a fight. My only NC's the org owner signed me to the wrong weight, and I failed to notice. Do I think Mike should ban all contracts to weights other than my own? Not on your life.

• Upvote 4

There is nothing worse than all the things Karter said except when it was the other asshat manager who nc'd. The fuck I want to wait around for weeks training for a fight just to have the other guy nc. It shouldnt even be possible.

Somebody gets it.

Eveas: Making sure my fighter is in the right city shouldn't even be a part of a MMA game. If you can't just magically appear there then your fighter should automatically fly out 2-3 days before. For those who are worried about that extra training session or two while they're in a different city, join a public gym.

In reality you shouldn't even have to fly out your city, the fight should just take place regardless of where you are located. the fact that we even have flights and jets is a tad bit silly, unneccessary, but acceptable. NC should be impossible unless you miss weight, and even if you miss weight there should be an option of "accept fight if your opponent misses weight" and you get 50% of his purse or whatever it is IRL.

REMOVE NO CONTEST

simple concept that'll save a lot of people head aches. I can't think of 1 MMA or Boxing game EVER that has allowed you to NC a fight - or NC a fight due to being in the wrong location lol... it's fucking stupid, and shouldn't be possble in this game.

Edited by CKeppelrun
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

There shouldnt be draws in this game either

and in this case Karter was the asshat manager who NC'd

Somebody gets it.

Eveas: Making sure my fighter is in the right city shouldn't even be a part of a MMA game. If you can't just magically appear there then your fighter should automatically fly out 2-3 days before. For those who are worried about that extra training session or two while they're in a different city, join a public gym.

In reality you shouldn't even have to fly out your city, the fight should just take place regardless of where you are located. the fact that we even have flights and jets is a tad bit silly, unneccessary, but acceptable. NC should be impossible unless you miss weight, and even if you miss weight there should be an option of "accept fight if your opponent misses weight" and you get 50% of his purse or whatever it is IRL.

REMOVE NO CONTEST

simple concept that'll save a lot of people head aches. I can't think of 1 MMA or Boxing game EVER that has allowed you to NC a fight - or NC a fight due to being in the wrong location lol... it's fucking stupid, and shouldn't be possble in this game.

You are the manager of your fighter - you change his clothes or if you have a PA you have them do it for you. Guess what.. Part of the game involves you booking flights for your fighter.

You have played this game long enough now, flown your fighters round hundreds of times - sorry but to add a "magical teleport" button because you are incompetent, too stupid or just plain fucking lazy is not the solution.

Secondly Private Jets were introduced into this game - that's Mike's programing time/money and not only that it's players in some cases real money, so to get rid of flying means you have shafted a bunch of people - way more than the org owner and manager you shafted because you are a dipshit that didn't book a flight to the right location.

End of story.

• Upvote 4

I am not sure if it ever happened, but in the UFC you dont see NC's due to being in the wrong city

Because their managers buy tickets to the correct fight location.

EDIT: Get rid of losses. Nothing shits me off more than taking the time and effort to get to the correct venue then I lose.

• Upvote 5