Project Fighters With No Hype

WarMachine

Fuck you Stu.

So the fact -1's bother me and it takes away the enjoyment of playing this game is good is it?

Great.

Show me examples of me can crushing please.

Hey funky fuck you too... I have run out of my negative quota of votes for the day which means I have used every single one on you are can't use any more...

The can examples have been show to you already in this thread - people in glass houes shouldn't throw stones.. Sometimes you get good match ups skill wise others times you are outgunned shit happens....

Oh and it's still so comical watching you spazz out as the quota of negative votes per post keeping jumping up..

Would you expect www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=155282

To fight a 4-0

Exceptional remarkable sensational black belt

?

That's my question to kupsman?

And why what ever answer you give?

I have no idea why you sent a link to a guy that is not my fighter but I think if i'm the matchmaker and that 4-0 guy is the next hyped and your champ seemed to clean off his division I would be asking the champ if he's interested. It's an ID restricted org. Why would you duck fights if you're the champion? Do you know how much of a headache it is to be an org owner to have a champion duck the fight just because of the hype/pop? If I'm the manager of the champion, I would accept it as a respect to the org owner and of course, do my part as a fighter of that org. You win some, you lose some, you just gotta take it like a man. Heck, you might even win that fight, and that would be a satisfying win for you. Sometimes I feel bad especially if I lose that said hype/pop but at the end of the day, I remember it is all just a game. :)

Instead of looking at this specific example, let's look at the big picture. The OP does have a point. Long term projects present some serious matchup problems. In my 165k ID org, I have had guys sign on near the ID limit with 0-0 records. This puts their hype at the bottom of the division, below 190k fighters with 1-7 records. Obviously, I can't match up these guys based on hype.

If I offer them a fight with a similar skilled guy, the hype/pop gap is enormous. The other fighter declines because he doesn't want to risk the hype he has built up over the last year. This makes projects almost impossible to match up.

Eventually, I ended up releasing most of the projects I had signed simply because I couldn't find them anyone to fight.

One solution I could see that would slightly ease this problem would be to give small hype boosts to fighters with less than 3 fights based on their skills. This would be more realistic. Word gets out from gyms about which new fighters show the most promise. If a guy is tremendously skilled, he will debut with more hype than some joker with no skills. Keep in mind that I am suggesting only a small boost. A similarly skilled 5-0 fighter should still be much more hyped than a 0-0 one. I'm just saying a skilled 0-0 should be higher than an unskilled 0-0.

Either that or we can just leave things as is and consider the lack of opponents to be an incentive to starting fighting at an earlier age.

• Upvote 2

Another idea that I had would be to go the opposite route and just kill project building. Once your fighter passes 1000 skill points, he will expect to fight at least once every 60 days. If he doesn't, his morale will start to drop, making his training less effective. This would make it so that the best way to train a stud would be to fight him. Sitting on a project for two years would hurt his development because his morale would be too low to train effectively.

I'm sure different people will have different opinions on which is the better way to deal with projects (based mostly on how much patience they have). I know I will never have a superproject because I can't wait much more than 3-4 months to start fighting a guy. However, it doesn't bother me if others want to do it.

Either solution would be fine by me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1