More fighter slots?

Beck

More fighter slots?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want more fighter slots?

• The current amount is more then enough (No)
    • I'd like to see more of them (Yes)
    • Not bothered either way

I'll be honest; I am only putting this poll up as I would like to see a few extra fighter slots. I am not sure what this would do to the balance of the game and if it would be a wise decision.

I am curious to see what you guys think about adding a few more slots, like 5 extra. Or if you think that 20 slots (VIP member + 10 purchased slots) is more then enough already.

Vote in the poll and leave some feedback/ your opinion on the matter in the thread.

I'm not against adding them, but it does give even more advantage to those willing to spend more money on the game. I lost my record of most career KOs that I earned using only 10 fighters to managers with 15-20 fighters. It takes away a certain competitive aspect, but I wouldn't be opposed to an influx of fighters from experienced managers.

I remember I used to howl for more slots back in the days everytime someone mentioned about it. Now I feel like I have found my personal limit with the 20 fighters.

So Im not against it but Im not for it either.

Doesn't bother me either way as I can't afford extra slots anyway (enter violin music). I doubt it will happen anyway but if there was a call for it I wouldn't object as long as the upper limit doesn't get silly.

• Upvote 1

I don't really care one way or another. I am pretty happy with 15 fighter slots. However, if it gets expanded, then orgs need to be able to run more than 10 fights per card. When the number of fighters increase but the number of managers willing to run orgs stays the same, something has to give.

• Upvote 3

I don't really care one way or another. I am pretty happy with 15 fighter slots. However, if it gets expanded, then orgs need to be able to run more than 10 fights per card. When the number of fighters increase but the number of managers willing to run orgs stays the same, something has to give.

This

I agree that the cards should have more fight slots for sure. Hell, I think they could be more already :P I think 12 instead of 10 fights would be good right now. UFC has cards that size (big undercard obviously), so why not?

Thanks to all so far who has voted and left some input in the thread!

when i first started playing, i used to be of the opinion that 30 would be great! Unlimited! But I think 20 is plenty. My biggest complaint for the first 3 years was that you would often sit around for extended periods of time without a fight. Even now with 20, just about every fight is STILL on the weekend. I don't think adding more slots would help.

I would, however, consider having retired fighters not take up a slot. Allow managers 20 actual fighting fighters and X number of retired fighters.

• Upvote 2

I agree that the cards should have more fight slots for sure. Hell, I think they could be more already :P I think 12 instead of 10 fights would be good right now. UFC has cards that size (big undercard obviously), so why not?

Thanks to all so far who has voted and left some input in the thread!

I agree. When we expanded from 10 to 15 to 20, the fight cards stayed at 10. Going somewhere between 12-15 is best now I think.

Wouldn't mind but 20's more than enough for me. In retrospect the more fighters there are out there the more it benefits most orgs because there's more active fighters for them to sign. We'll just keep seeing more ID restricted orgs and that should help them out in the long run. It would also give me some room to permanantly retire some older fighters when the time comes, since retired fighters take up a space on your roster.

This next should be done regardless if more fighter slots are added or not, but I think after manager rank 1000 that QFC's shouldn't improve your manager hype/rank.

when i first started playing, i used to be of the opinion that 30 would be great! Unlimited! But I think 20 is plenty. My biggest complaint for the first 3 years was that you would often sit around for extended periods of time without a fight. Even now with 20, just about every fight is STILL on the weekend. I don't think adding more slots would help.

I would, however, consider having retired fighters not take up a slot. Allow managers 20 actual fighting fighters and X number of retired fighters.

I haven't even bought my ten extra slots yet, so more than 20 is not really an issue for me. I am not opposed, but I don't know. The part in bold is of particular interest to me. I mean we already paid VIP time to be allowed to keep them out of the hands of other players. We paid more to make them PA's and now we are looking at that slot going.... "hmmm, I'd really like to make another fighter, but that slot is permanently tied up." In another two years all my slots will be full of retired fighters and I won't be able to do much more with the game other than run an org.

I've been playing now for 3+ years and still only have 18 fighter slots total and 7 of those slots are 20 year old range project fighters who probably won't see their first pro fight for another 6+ months.

Frankly, it's work enough dealing with the fighters I have let alone adding any more and as I said I am not even at the 20 fighter cap yet.

This again? lol it will never end... I'm not bothered either way. I think it would discourage multi accounts if people can have a lot of fighters on one account although I personally have plenty now with only 16 fighters.

@Eveas I initially +1'd your post but the more I think about it the more I think that won't be a problem. If someone is going to drop $100-150 on fighter slots then I don't think an extra $10/month will be a problem for them.