Wheel of Fortune

MMATycoon

I'm looking to put together a little lucky dip style wheel of fortune app within the game. I want to get people voting for the site on the helpus.php page and offering in game cash isn't cutting it for obvious reasons. Instead I was thinking of having a wheel of fortune, with different prizes on there. Mostly they'd be a bit crap like $100, a free t-shirt or whatever but there would be the occasional chance of a decent prize like some VIP time or a free IQ test.

Can people give me a list of things they'd be interested in winning via something like that, that would make it worthwhile doing site voting? We're also going to be adding it for posting in the forums, for all positive or neutral rated posts. We're rolling that bit out now with in game cash but I will change it to tokens to the wheel of fortune once that's up and running.

• Upvote 6

VIP time and IQ tests are good ideas.

Something huge to aim for that could be rare prizes

1. Get a free extra fighter slot (Even if you already have 20)

2. First pick on any free agent for the next say 30 days

3. Scout an opposition fighter (Perhaps choose x number of attributes that you can see as a one time only deal.)

A few others

1. Magic Pills which could do various things such as, Remove any existing injury, gain x% of energy, gain x% of morale

2. Special Training Equipment (Add x% to an attribute like Wrestling)

3. Free t shirts or nutrition items (I'm sure you could get in game companies to contribute if they gained maybe x% of hype for every free item they give away)

4. Free custom avatar

5. Free Tycoon lottery tickets

6. Exclusive interview with international media (Popularity gain)

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

My first thought, I like this one a lot, although I'd rather you only got 1 pick of a fighter, so you have to use it wisely. It should of course be very rare. A good way of redistributing good fighters to the lower ranked or new managers to make them more competitive.

3. Scout an opposition fighter (Perhaps choose x number of attributes that you can see as a one time only deal.)

I'm against this one, I think part of the beauty of the game is that hiddens and secondaries are, well, hidden, and there's a certain amount of guesswork and scouting that needs to be done by the manager himself. The other problem is that a high-profile fighter could be scouted and have his attributes put on the forum for everyone to see, it's just not fair in my opinion.

Your other suggestions are very good though.

My own suggestion - 5,10 or 20 units of 160 grade muscle, recovery or stamina would be a decent prize.

I love the first pick on any FA one, that would get a lot of managers involved imo.

Others could be:

- Free Holiday mode time

Like 3 days or something

- Your PA/Cornerman or other non fighter guys doesnt take up a fighter slot.

Only good for one guy

- One fighter or all of a manager's fighters get +5 (or w/e number) added to all hiddens permanently

- See one hidden of a fighter in your stable (as already stated)

- A number of items could be somethin like the fighter of manager Berserk took 1 on 1 sessions with GSP over the weekend and improved his wrestling by 2%(or w/e), could do something like this for each skill.

One problem would be pushing fighters over the soft cap, seems this is dirks #2.

- Upon next fighter creation, you get to see the 3 hiddens of the ones you ticked at start of your fighters life.

Would promote new fighter creation,even if they cut the guy

- Hyperbolic Timechamber: training speed increased tremendously. One training session would have the effect of 12?

:dancing: jk on this one :hehe:

Other than holiday mode, I imagine most of my stuff is a long stretch lol. Would make it worthwhile though. Ppl would probably have problems with adding stats you didnt earn I guess :/.

My first thought, I like this one a lot, although I'd rather you only got 1 pick of a fighter, so you have to use it wisely. It should of course be very rare. A good way of redistributing good fighters to the lower ranked or new managers to make them more competitive.

I'm against this one, I think part of the beauty of the game is that hiddens and secondaries are, well, hidden, and there's a certain amount of guesswork and scouting that needs to be done by the manager himself. The other problem is that a high-profile fighter could be scouted and have his attributes put on the forum for everyone to see, it's just not fair in my opinion.

Yeh I meant that you could only choose 1 fighter, but just that you had 30 days to decide which one you wanted so that you don't have to pick immediately in case it's a really bad day for free agents or something. First pick for all fighters for 30 days would be to good.

I agree with you about the point about revealing skills. I think it would be nice in theory but you're right the best fighters would soon have their attributes copied on to the forum or shared through alliance chats etc.

That is a horrible idea in my opinion. Some things need to remain a secret in the game.

Magic pills are an awesome idea but id prefer to see them actually made into new supplements. I know its highly unrealistic some of them but to give us a bit more options i'd like to see.

Height Growth

Height Shrinker

Faster injury recover ( faster 150 1.5, 160 - 2.0 faster sort of thing.)

Would take a bit more cash out of the game with nutrition companies.

VIP time and IQ tests are good ideas.

Something huge to aim for that could be rare prizes

1. Get a free extra fighter slot (Even if you already have 20)

A few others

1. Magic Pills which could do various things such as, Remove any existing injury, gain x% of energy, gain x% of morale

2. Special Training Equipment (Add x% to an attribute like Wrestling)

3. Free t shirts or nutrition items (I'm sure you could get in game companies to contribute if they gained maybe x% of hype for every free item they give away)

4. Free custom avatar

5. Free Tycoon lottery tickets

6. Exclusive interview with international media (Popularity gain)

+1 This.

• Upvote 2

Magic pills are an awesome idea but id prefer to see them actually made into new supplements. I know its highly unrealistic some of them but to give us a bit more options i'd like to see.

Height Growth

http://i.imgur.com/k5sVYyb.gif

but seriously....with your height shrinker idea....you must be like me and made a 200 + cm striker back when it was cool and overpowered in 100 counter era and are now paying for your mistakes for making a super tall striker :)

I really like the idea about revealing a hidden. Aside from the free IQ test and media interview to boost popularity, one could involve having a fighter take part in one of those science TV shows where he punches a bag with sensors to find out his KO power, something like that.

Free supps and clothing for lesses prizes are also a great idea.

Yeah, like everyone else, i like the chance to win some sort of iq test, or such and such was on Deadliest weapon and hits as hard as a fluffy pillow..yada yada. I don't think you should ever get a specific number...

• 4 weeks later...