ITFL - International Team Fighting League

shortfuse122829

I've got this guy that's a 16yo probably nearly 17 now so he has had a bit more training time if you want to test your hiddens against him?

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=224041

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/39/39w3.jpg

Juan Sebastian Veron

Record: 17-6

Height: 186cm

Weight: 184.0lbs

Juan Sebastian Veron was a relatively unknown fighter before joining season 1 of International Team Fighting League as part of the replacement team after the incident now being known as "The Dinooo Dash." Veron joined in week 7 after a 1-3 stint in the Empire organization but had a strong showing by winning 3 of the last 4 weeks of the regular season with his only loss coming to one of the points leaders during the regular season Dennis Wise. Veron hit his stride at the right time however and strung off 3 straight wins against fellow grapplers Jeremy Voda, Michael Rodalgo and Sergiy Skylar to earn his spot in the individual tournament final. This Argentinian fighter is a very high-level wrestler who possesses a black-belt in BJJ. Juan likes to push an aggressive pace striking pushing forward behind a punch dominant game-plan as he looks to set up his takedowns and get his opponent's to the mat where Veron is excellent with his guard passes and gaining dominant positions. Veron is also deadly accurate with his ground strikes landing on over 71% of his strike attempts from the ground top position.

VS.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/20/20w4.jpg

Tweedle Dee

Record: 33-5

Height: 180cm

Weight: 195lbs

Tweedle Dee entered the tournament as the reigning defending Syndicate MW champion of the world so had already established his name on the big stage a little bit. Tweedle Dee had a very impressive run during the regular season winning all 10 of his fights and beating the best this tournament had to offer including Dennis Wise, Nick Fury and Luka Beck on his way to a 2nd place finish in the individual standings. Dee showed no signs of slowing down during his playoff run defeating the very skilled and durable Karl Denke before once again beating Luka Beck. In the tournament semi-finals Dee managed to squeak out a close decision victory over Frank Esposito. Tweedle Dee is a difficult fighter for anybody because his chin is unbelievably good and he has a ton of faith in his ability to eat a punch so he comes out from the opening bell and bites down on his mouth-piece as he pushes a relentless pace on the feet to help wear down opponents and set up his takedowns. Dee is an Olympic caliber wrestler who also possesses a black-belt in BJJ. He will likely stick to what got him here in this fight by pushing a very fast pace on the feet and out-striking his opponent w/ his relentless pressure before dumping him on his ass and beating him up.

THE WINNER RECEIVES

http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p651/shortfusenwo/1million_dollarspart2_zpsf0b7109c.jpg

AND

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20131008014734ITFL%20belt.png

• Upvote 2

:winner: We all know Dee is the real individual champ... Veron has 4 fights going 3-1 and somehow gets brought into the individual tournament. Dee won 10 straight in the team tourny and didn't lose any fights during the season.

:mf_popcorn1:

All of the replacement team were eligible for the individual tournament because they left better contracts to come fight for me for 5k/5k to bail the tournament out. They were also not eligible for the team tournament or any of the 6 million dollar prize money for that portion so I felt it was only fair they be eligible for something. Great fight to Dirk and Veron and thanks to everybody who participated. Dirk has been paid and all fighters will be released shortly.

Congratulations Dirk, it was a great fight. I am still upset about losing the prize after having my fighter actually fighting through the entire tournament at an unreasonably low contract. (Seriously, it did not even cover travel expenses.) But Dee said, "Those grapes looked sour anyway."

• Downvote 1

Congratulations Dirk, it was a great fight. I am still upset about losing the prize after having my fighter actually fighting through the entire tournament at an unreasonably low contract. (Seriously, it did not even cover travel expenses.) But Dee said, "Those grapes looked sour anyway."

Thanks Samedi, I can imagine it must be a little gutting to lose after going on such a good run, I thought I had a chance but still thought you were the strong favourite going into the final.

Thanks to everyone else that took part, it was a good tournament.

• Upvote 1

Unreasonable contract? Really? Every tournament with high prize money pays very similar contracts. Either 5k/5k or 10k/10. Season 1 had a decent amount of guys w/ nice hype and it still lost about 200K. I expect season 2 is likely going to lose close to 3 million dollars.

Really surprised by all the complaining coming from TWO honestly. Could've solved all your issues by winning the last fight but unfortunately you didn't come through in the clutch.

I didn't expect a whole team to quit last season and the Replacements was necessary or the tournament would've lost even more money than it already did. Before the replacements was eligible for the individual tournament I sent out a PM asking if that was cool w/ everybody and at the time it was. I am going to guess your issue is less w/ him being eligible for the prize and more about him beating your fighter.

Season 2 will likely be the last season of ITFL. I really don't have much desire to continue to deal w/ all the drama that occurred during season 1 and now the crying/bitching now that the season is over.

• Upvote 2

:winner: We all know Dee is the real individual champ... Veron has 4 fights going 3-1 and somehow gets brought into the individual tournament. Dee won 10 straight in the team tourny and didn't lose any fights during the season.

:mf_popcorn1:

It was brought up to everyone involved when one team went MIA (entire team was pulled from the tourney) that the replacement team would not be eligible for the team portion of the tourney however as an incentive for leaving their current orgs to help out and save the first season of ITFL from crashing entirely they would be eligible to enter the individual portion, everyone was included in the mass mail by the org explaining all of this and the fact that nothing was said to object at that time makes us as a Team speaking out now and objecting look really douchey. Not really fair of us to do so.

I understand you are upset at losing the final fight, Tweedle Dee went on an amazing run throughout the entire ITFL Season until unfortunately losing in the final, that sucks man it really does but to take the frustration of that loss out on the Org and the tourney complaining about pay sucks even more, we all knew going in what we would be paid and it is very much similar to many other high profile tourneys currently taking place and those previous and the wages were a direct result of the money that was available both for the team portion and the individual, if they paid more they would not be able to offer the prize pool they did. Not really classy on our part as an alliance to be complaining now that its all said and done just because our guy lost in the final, it happend, we need to move on with our heads held higher for our accomplishments and not make ourselves look like a group of complainers

And for shortfuse_nWo now that I am home from work, even though I still have a splitting headache I have the time to weigh in on all this now, sorry I didnt while working but I want to thank you for making the assumption I was avoiding it all because of my alliance when in fact it was because I did not have the time while at work, even after all the help I offered to try an ensure your tourney was a financial success, helping you out where and when I could and the fact I thought we were friends it really gives me reason to pause as your frustration, although understandable based on the comments made by others would cause you to basically vent out all your anger in my direction, cause you to question me and my Org and even without saying it but implying that maybe you should question having your guys in my Org and basically take all your anger and lump it all on me makes me remember this is just a damn game and gives me reason to ponder if it is really all worth the hassle and like the comments made previously were uncool that too was in my opinion just as uncool but then again, what do I know.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

on pay part everyone knew what was being paid up front, and as mentioned its to help raise money for the winner pool ------- now on second part about fighter making into final part and not being a part of the entire tourney, i dont agree with it -- i remember a post on them not being able to win and i took it as win anything not just the team part -- but i could of missed it cause just not keeping up with everything -- dont think it was fair for someone to get full prize and only fight in half or less then half of the tourney -- but it happens in real life with substitution fighters so oh well

Thanks to all the fucking whiners for ruining an awesome concept and an awesome tourney.. You are a bunch if complete and utter fucking wankers..

It was clearly stated and has since been clearly stated that the replacement team would be eligible for the individual final - the fact you are complaining after you lost speaks volumes of the low life sack of shit you really are. If your fighter was good enough he would have won.. Fact of the matter is he didn't - so take him off to an org and see how he goes..

As for the pay thing - tycoon dollars grow on trees I'm sure you haven't missed out on anything other than having a bunch of useless numbers with a $ sign sitting next to them on your fighter profile.

Fuse and to an extent JLP - thank you both for organizing and running what was an awesome tourney and concept.. I hope ITFL 2 won't be the last one..

• Upvote 4

It was brought up to everyone involved when one team went MIA (entire team was pulled from the tourney) that the replacement team would not be eligible for the team portion of the tourney however as an incentive for leaving their current orgs to help out and save the first season of ITFL from crashing entirely they would be eligible to enter the individual portion, everyone was included in the mass mail by the org explaining all of this and the fact that nothing was said to object at that time makes us as a Team speaking out now and objecting look really douchey. Not really fair of us to do so.

I understand you are upset at losing the final fight, Tweedle Dee went on an amazing run throughout the entire ITFL Season until unfortunately losing in the final, that sucks man it really does but to take the frustration of that loss out on the Org and the tourney complaining about pay sucks even more, we all knew going in what we would be paid and it is very much similar to many other high profile tourneys currently taking place and those previous and the wages were a direct result of the money that was available both for the team portion and the individual, if they paid more they would not be able to offer the prize pool they did. Not really classy on our part as an alliance to be complaining now that its all said and done just because our guy lost in the final, it happend, we need to move on with our heads held higher for our accomplishments and not make ourselves look like a group of complainers

And for shortfuse_nWo now that I am home from work, even though I still have a splitting headache I have the time to weigh in on all this now, sorry I didnt while working but I want to thank you for making the assumption I was avoiding it all because of my alliance when in fact it was because I did not have the time while at work, even after all the help I offered to try an ensure your tourney was a financial success, helping you out where and when I could and the fact I thought we were friends it really gives me reason to pause as your frustration, although understandable based on the comments made by others would cause you to basically vent out all your anger in my direction, cause you to question me and my Org and even without saying it but implying that maybe you should question having your guys in my Org and basically take all your anger and lump it all on me makes me remember this is just a damn game and gives me reason to ponder if it is really all worth the hassle and like the comments made previously were uncool that too was in my opinion just as uncool but then again, what do I know.

Ya sorry for going off on you earlier when you clearly had nothing to do w/ it. You should've received my apology in chat already for my prior behavior.

You covered a lot of what I want to talk about in your post but let me clarify to everybody why I am a little put off by some of this.....

Unfortunately at the beginning of the season I did not have very clear rules on fighter replacement. This was mostly my fault for rushing the idea because I had discussed it w/ 1 too many people in chat and I was convinced somebody was going to hijack the idea from me. So when somebody asked me about replacing a fighter I didn't really see all the issues coming that eventually arised.........At one point in the tournament there were a lot of complaints and comments being made either in this thread or in Tycoon chat that the "fighter replacements" was ruining the tournament and a couple of people even made comments like

Maybe its time to pull out voda while he still has gained a lot of hype/pop?!

This was the reason the week 5 deadline for fighter replacements was introduced. I made the mistake of "ASSUMING" people would follow the thread so this wasn't sent out in an org PM and led to the confusion w/ PureEvil which eventually led to his quitting. So when Dean's whole team quit I honestly thought the tournament was finished. I considered cancelling the rest of the season and trying again for a season 2 w/ the rules better explained but I really thought if season 1 fell through the whole concept would flop because who would join a 2nd season of a tournament that never completed it's 1st season?

Dirk approached me in chat offering 3-4 guys to put on a "replacement team" if I could find a 5th member. I told Dirk I would keep this in mind but after all the comments/complaints about fighter replacements prior to this I REALLY didn't see that idea going over well and would likely just lead to more comments about quitting....

Due to those feelings I sent out an org PM giving you all 3 options:

1. Cancel the remainder of the tournament and try again w/ a 2nd season where the rules were better explained from the start.

2. Dinooo's Donkey's could take forfeit the rest of the season and whoever they faced would get the full 5 points and a bye

a. I stated my concern w/ this idea was not filling both events. It would've been an 8 fight and a 7 fight card so I would likely have to lower the prize money.

or the 3rd option and the one we eventually used was...

3. A replacement team would be entered. Since Dean's team was 1st or 2nd in the standings at the time I felt it would be unfair to make them eligible for the team prize but since 2 or 3 of those fighters were leaving IMMA/Empire type orgs and 40/40K type contracts just to bail our tournament out they would be eligible for the team prize so they had at least some incentive for participating.

I received around 10-12 replies out of 40 fighters when I sent this PM out. 2 guys preferred option 2. I am almost positive both were members of Team Aces of Spade. The other 8-10 replies I received were all for option 3 which is the one we eventually chose....

So my issue is....if you couldn't even be bothered to reply to that PM and make your opinion on the matter heard, then you have no room or right to come here after the tournament is over and bitch and complain in ITFL thread. If there was an issue that could've been handled via PM's.

Instead people come here and post negative shit in my thread....a thread which essentially advertises the tournament to those who have not participated yet. Then I feel the need to come and defend my decision/situation so that people don't have negative opinions about the things going on in the tournament.

It's especially annoying when I really gain nothing from this tournament. The first season operated at a loss. The 2nd season will operate at even bigger loss and knowing this in advance I took a writing job w/ Evolution which pays me handsomely so that I will still be able to afford my own gyms and shit and still have this awesome tournament. The writing job and spreading myself too thin is a large part of why my fights/sliders have gone to complete shit and it's a little frustrating/disheartening when I am doing all of this at a loss just cause I think the concept is awesome and would be fun for everybody involved. Yet I have to come here and deal w/ bitching and crying and I get all angry and have to defend myself.....at this point it doesn't seem like it's worth my time

• Upvote 1

I am mostly over it already. I just didn't appreciate all the negativity at the end of it, especially the way it was handled. This thread and the other ITFL threads essentially advertise the tournament to people who don't already know what it is or have not participated in it yet.

So I feel the need to defend myself because the negative shit being talked about isn't the 1st impression I want left on people who are new to the tournament

Thanks to all the fucking whiners for ruining an awesome concept and an awesome tourney.. You are a bunch if complete and utter fucking wankers..

It was clearly stated and has since been clearly stated that the replacement team would be eligible for the individual final - the fact you are complaining after you lost speaks volumes of the low life sack of shit you really are. If your fighter was good enough he would have won.. Fact of the matter is he didn't - so take him off to an org and see how he goes..

As for the pay thing - tycoon dollars grow on trees I'm sure you haven't missed out on anything other than having a bunch of useless numbers with a $ sign sitting next to them on your fighter profile.

Fuse and to an extent JLP - thank you both for organizing and running what was an awesome tourney and concept.. I hope ITFL 2 won't be the last one..

could not have said it better and i wasn't even in the fukn league...just been following it, and even by following it in this thread, and a little bit of BTS from fuse, i fully understood what was happening lmao. it's the price we pay for not being morons...

as far as the pay thing...i STILL love how so many complain about how money ain't shit but then some jackasses, who CLEARLY have enuff money between their manager accounts and their alliancemates (the majority of their alliance averages $1mill), are gonna complain about...GETTING PAID!? HAHAHA!

biggest. bitches. ever.

get real fellaz...and lady. we all kno there would be ZERO complaints had u won.

• Upvote 1

Wow, what a shit storm I guess people don't read enough of Aesop's Fables anymore to understand the sour grapes reference. I was basically admitting that I know that all of my frustration and anger are due to not getting what I wanted, the victory and the prize. I am sorry I vented my frustration on a public forum. And I apologize to ShortFuse for my jab at the contract. I did know what I was signing, it was wrong of me to imply it was unfair in anyway. I have moved on, and hope the rest of you can do the same.

• Upvote 1