Ignoring fight offers

BigJoeSullivan

I know this has come up in other threads but I couldn't find any just on this topic specifically so If there is one out there I apologize.

I know where was some talk about adding a feature that only allows the managers to see the fight offer screen after a certain amount of page changes. Is there any plan to implement this soon? I'm getting so fed up with these guys who abuse the fact that they can just ignore any fight offer they don't like instead of declining it.

If not I'm gonna start a black list of people who do this and hopefully other orgs will join this and people will see that they will end up becoming pariahs if they don't decline/accept fights.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, it is slighly annoying when someone declines every fight that they are not the favorite in, but it is nowhere near as frustrating as guys who don't respond to offers. Right now Mike has enough on his plate with the current updates so I don't want to distract him from that. However, I hope this in next in line to get addressed.

the only thing i will say is sometimes people are just really busy, i have on i think twice but thats still some let fight offers go for several days because i didnt have the time to actually look them over at all. I have several people who fight for me that take a week or more to respond but they usually do and they almost always accept. I mean even someone like that, or like me who accepts just about everything (i think i have declined two times ever on skill/Id decline) and outside of that i only decline to keep it where my fighters dont fight to often so they can learn i still dont like accepting until i look it over pretty well.

That is why I like Mike's idea of locking you out of many of the game's features if you have logged in more than three times. If you have enough time to log in, you have enough time to respond to a fight offer. The fight offers need to be higher on everyone's priority list because not responding holds the org, the opponent, and sometimes an entire division hostage while they wait for someone to finally get around to responding to the offer.

If there is some outstanding circumstance and you can't respond within three logins, all you would need to do is decline, then PM the org owner explaining that you need more time.

• Upvote 2

Personally I ignore fight offers when they're so ludicrously lopsided that they don't even deserve to be dignified with a response.

If this happens to you regularly it's probably because you're offering shitty fights -- that or the person receiving the offer is on their phone and can't really look at it easily (I have logged in on my phone a few times in a row some weeks just to check results / training).

• Downvote 3

Personally I ignore fight offers when they're so ludicrously lopsided that they don't even deserve to be dignified with a response.

If this happens to you regularly it's probably because you're offering shitty fights -- that or the person receiving the offer is on their phone and can't really look at it easily (I have logged in on my phone a few times in a row some weeks just to check results / training).

Mike talked about this. He can block or unblock any features he wants to when setting this up. Nobody wants to create a system that is screwing people over. If you have logged in three times AND three days have passed and still have not responded to a fight offer, you should still be able to log in on your phone and check your scout page and tycoon assistant. However, you should not be able to change your training, adjust sliders, change your clothing, etc, until you respond to the fight offer.

If an extreme situation comes up, then you can simply decline the fight and send a quick PM to the org owner saying "Sorry. I need more time to analyze this offer.". This would unlock everything once again and the org owner will be satisfied because he at least knows what is going on.

• Upvote 3

This annoys me as much as the ignoring of contract offers i know some guys have more than one offer on table

You would think they could tell you and yes i know tjis is not always possible

I always assumed they were weighing their options if they didn't accept or decline a contract offer. Why does this annoy you?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I always assumed they were weighing their options if they didn't accept or decline a contract offer. Why does this annoy you?

It really only annoys me in the fact that it keeps onis money tied up

And i think two weeks is a long while to have upto 300k not being used

How long does it take to "weigh your options"? You look at the money being offered, then you look at the other fighters in the division. 5-10 minutes later, you can make a decision. If you need to take longer than one day to "weigh your options", then you can at least decline the offers you know you won't take and PM the orgs you are considering to give them a time frame to expect a decision.

Yeah, many people let offers sit on the table and weigh which org they prefer and which orgs offered them the best offer. Half of the time, I'll message owners a few questions I have about their offers or their org. It makes more sense to leave an offer sitting and weigh all the options that have come in than to take 5-10 minutes to decide whether or not to accept the first thing that comes in.

Yeah, many people let offers sit on the table and weigh which org they prefer and which orgs offered them the best offer. Half of the time, I'll message owners a few questions I have about their offers or their org. It makes more sense to leave an offer sitting and weigh all the options that have come in than to take 5-10 minutes to decide whether or not to accept the first thing that comes in.

If you are messaging the org owner and asking him questions, that is fine. At least he knows what the deal is. Leaving it sitting there while you ponder the meaning of life while the org owner has no idea if you are actually considering his org or just being an asshat is no good.

If you are messaging the org owner and asking him questions, that is fine. At least he knows what the deal is. Leaving it sitting there while you ponder the meaning of life while the org owner has no idea if you are actually considering his org or just being an asshat is no good.

That's more or less on the org owner at that point then. If an org owner doesn't want someone to let offers come in and decide for himself what the best offer is then he can always pull the offer. Now if it's a contract renegotiation it should be pretty prompt in my opinion. However, I see nothing wrong with sitting on a contract offer as others come in and you weigh which org is best fit for your fighter.

That's more or less on the org owner at that point then. If an org owner doesn't want someone to let offers come in and decide for himself what the best offer is then he can always pull the offer. Now if it's a contract renegotiation it should be pretty prompt in my opinion. However, I see nothing wrong with sitting on a contract offer as others come in and you weigh which org is best fit for your fighter.

As someone else said, that is not really being fair to the org owner. He has his money tied up in the offer while he waits on you. When an org is on a recruiting drive, they might have offers out to 20 or 30 guys at once. That is a lot of money to have frozen. If you are weighing options, he is probably content to keep that money tied up, but if you have no intention of signing, he would rather free up that money so he can offer it to someone else. A simple PM let's the org owner know you have at least viewed it and are thinking, as opposed to the countless asses who have no intention of signing anywhere for six months, but can't be bothered to decline offers.

• Upvote 3

As someone else said, that is not really being fair to the org owner. He has his money tied up in the offer while he waits on you. When an org is on a recruiting drive, they might have offers out to 20 or 30 guys at once. That is a lot of money to have frozen. If you are weighing options, he is probably content to keep that money tied up, but if you have no intention of signing, he would rather free up that money so he can offer it to someone else. A simple PM let's the org owner know you have at least viewed it and are thinking, as opposed to the countless asses who have no intention of signing anywhere for six months, but can't be bothered to decline offers.

Think it was me said that

Dont get me wrong i dont have a problem with people taking time to weigh up their options

But it would also b nice to be told my offer was being considered or told you where waiting to see what offers come in

I dont mind this happining at all im more than happy to answer questions about org or offer

Yeah, I don't think I've ever taken more than a day or two to accept or decline. Typically I'll let a days worth of offers come in and then the first thing I'll do is narrow it down to the top 2 or 3. Then I'll decline and put a message saying something like "Thank you for the generous offer but I'm looking for more money/in his city/blah blah blah." and then I'll look into the top 2 or 3 and chat with the owners. Then usually by the end of day 2 I've picked and sent the one or two I didn't choose a message with the decline and accept the final offer.

Mike talked about this. He can block or unblock any features he wants to when setting this up. Nobody wants to create a system that is screwing people over. If you have logged in three times AND three days have passed and still have not responded to a fight offer, you should still be able to log in on your phone and check your scout page and tycoon assistant. However, you should not be able to change your training, adjust sliders, change your clothing, etc, until you respond to the fight offer.

That's a fucking retarded idea.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

Actually my offers are exceptionally fair. I will go so far as to recruit specifically for a fighter if I can't find good match ups on the current roster.

I'd like to see what you consider to be so lopsided that no response is required. Why not instead just decline saying how unfair the match up is?

I would say this happens once every couple of cards so I don't know if that would be a lot but nobody has every complained that my match making is unfair. The people who do it are the guys who will only fight people that they are a favorite. If I match them with someone less powerful they will quickly accept but if its the other way around they suddenly go missing.

The fact that you reject the idea of forcing people to make a decision makes me think you are one of these guys.

====================================================

please stay on topic guys this is about fight offers not contracts. Thanks

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2