Hey Mike

I was discussing with some people about that original quad Exc fighter Kato that Eric Murphy had. We were talking and someone mentioned how you confirmed he was the fastest in the game at one time. I was curious who the fastest is now, along with some other questions I do not think it would hurt to answer.

Who is the fastest current learner?

Has anyone had a 1%er and dropped them?

Have any 1%ers not succeeded?

I think it would be cool to know if I had a 1%er (no way lol) or fast guys. Since we all know the guy with the current top skill level hasnt succeeded, I thought these would be cool questions you could answer and not really spoil the game.I think a lot of people would be curious to see your answers.

• Upvote 4

As I understand it there is a huge number of fighters with 150 in learning. At least how the game was set up a while back. It's not so hard to calculate how many there are. I believe that it's something like one in five if you chose fast learner. I can't really remember how the game is set up so I don't know for sure. It's been done already a few years back. The thread must be there somewhere.

On a related note, what does that correspond to in skill rating after 1/1 training with an elite coach from useless--? I got a 7.2 under the new system a while back, and I'm kind of curious what learning speed that corresponds to out of 150.

I was discussing with some people about that original quad Exc fighter Kato that Eric Murphy had. We were talking and someone mentioned how you confirmed he was the fastest in the game at one time. I was curious who the fastest is now, along with some other questions I do not think it would hurt to answer.

Who is the fastest current learner?

Has anyone had a 1%er and dropped them?

Have any 1%ers not succeeded?

I think it would be cool to know if I had a 1%er (no way lol) or fast guys. Since we all know the guy with the current top skill level hasnt succeeded, I thought these would be cool questions you could answer and not really spoil the game.I think a lot of people would be curious to see your answers.

There is tons of 150 fast learner fighters.

As I understand it there is a huge number of fighters with 150 in learning. At least how the game was set up a while back. It's not so hard to calculate how many there are. I believe that it's something like one in five if you chose fast learner. I can't really remember how the game is set up so I don't know for sure. It's been done already a few years back. The thread must be there somewhere.

this

I thought the same but based on extensive experience, I doubt that man. I've probably tested close to a 100 fighters and 4-5 (at most) of them were 150 or close to 150.

Kato was a 146 if I remember right.

I thought the same but based on extensive experience, I doubt that man. I've probably tested close to a 100 fighters and 4-5 (at most) of them were 150 or close to 150.

Kato was a 146 if I remember right.

The way that I thought it worked was that a number from 1-150 was generated and then 30 was added if you pick fast learner.

So without that perk it's 1 chance in 150. With it it's one in five, knowing that you have a 1/5 chance to generate a number above 119 (149). I think that's how it was, but it's possible that Mike changed it already.

0,1......119,120...149,150 (1 chance in 150 to get max)

+30

=

30,31...149,150...150,150 (30 chances in 150 to get max, or 1 in 5)

If that's the way it is than that counts for other perks too, KO power, good chin, ...

Maybe nowadays it's a bell curve, which would be great since that's the way it should be, but I know that's not how it used to be. I suggested once using a normal distribution to generate hiddens because it makes so much more sense. I'm not aware of all the improvements that are made since.

I don't know how you did your research, but he wiki seems to confirm what I was saying.

"Your fighter will receive a random value for each of these hidden skills, between 1 and 150. If you select the tick box you will receive a +30 boost to that particular attribute, although the final skill cannot exceed 150 after that +30 boost."

http://www.mmatycoon...ate_new_fighter

It's random, so not like the bell curve and the 30 point boost is after the number was generated.

It's random, so not like the bell curve and the 30 point boost is after the number was generated.

While I do believe it's a true random 1-150, random isn't necessarily contrary to something of a bell curve.

For instance, if I roll a dice with 0-5 on the sides 30 times, the result is still random what you get but the odds indicate that you'd get between 60 and 90 most often, 91-120 and 30-59 less often and 1-29 and 121-150 least often. I actually think it'd be a good idea if there was more of a bell curve (and perhaps a small extra bonus for actually landing 150/150 on a hidden)

While I do believe it's a true random 1-150, random isn't necessarily contrary to something of a bell curve.

For instance, if I roll a dice with 0-5 on the sides 30 times, the result is still random what you get but the odds indicate that you'd get between 60 and 90 most often, 91-120 and 30-59 less often and 1-29 and 121-150 least often. I actually think it'd be a good idea if there was more of a bell curve (and perhaps a small extra bonus for actually landing 150/150 on a hidden)

I'm sorry, but that's not true. The sequence of numbers will be random, but the average total from all the throws isn't. Random means a lack of pattern or predictability. If you can find a pattern in it, like a bell curve, than it's not random.

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry, but that's not true. The sequence of numbers will be random, but the average total from all the throws isn't. Random means a lack of pattern or predictability. If you can find a pattern in it, like a bell curve, than it's not random.

Degrees of randomness aside, it's still randomly selected. Therein lies my point.

Random does not mean that in general some value ranges cannot be more likely to occur than others. Only that the final outcome can be anywhere anywhere between 1 & 150 for any newly created fighter. The dice example is completely random. Roll 2 dice a million times and each roll is a random result, but more rolls will end up in the middle ranges than would be 2 or 12, because there are more possible combinations that can result in those outcomes. Only Mike knows if he programmed something simple or weighted, but it sure seems when testing fighters that at least the upper extreme is hard to come by even when checking fast learner.

• Upvote 1

Random does not mean that in general some value ranges cannot be more likely to occur than others.

Actually it does mean that. It means exactly that.

Random:

Statistics. of or characterizing a process of selection in which each item of a set has an equal probability of being chosen.