JDS is hurt, Mark Hunt vs Overeem.

jacky67

Overeem vs Hunt already happened Overeem won by sub quickly but Hunt vs JDS would be awesome or shit as they could both gas after round one etc.

Overeem vs Hunt already happened Overeem won by sub quickly but Hunt vs JDS would be awesome or shit as they could both gas after round one etc.

Both gas?

So JDS gassed once in his career vs a guy with amazing cardio who kept pressure on him with 300 take downs and constant in his face action and still came back to put up somewhat of a decent fight, and now everyone thinks he has shit cardio?

Hunt would gas way before jds, jds wouldn't stand there and let hunt hit him like struve was doing either. JDS via murder... It wont ever happen though, Hunt is a can

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hunt ground game was pretty shit back then, tho.

He looked pretty confident @ Struve guard, dunno if the fight would be so easy on the ground again.

Both gas?

So JDS gassed once in his career vs a guy with amazing cardio who kept pressure on him with 300 take downs and constant in his face action and still came back to put up somewhat of a decent fight, and now everyone thinks he has shit cardio?

Hunt would gas way before jds, jds wouldn't stand there and let hunt hit him like struve was doing either. JDS via murder... It wont ever happen though, Hunt is a can

I think JDS gassed late fight against Roy too... Actually, JDS against Hunt would be JDS vs Roy 2, the replay

i'd go with hunt honestly. hunt didnt train at all for any of those dream fights. he actually took overeem down in that fight, which led to the submission. obviously overeem is still the more well-rounded fighter, but i think hunt's sub defense is much better now. when hunt is well trained...he isnt all that bad on the ground. he has always had good natural instincts on the ground. on the feet...i dont think overeem can survive as long as struve did. struve at a ton of heavy shots...dont think overeem would lost them. hunt would definitely be the underdog, but i would go with him.

also...hunts cardio is being way undersold. the guy came off a year long layoff and fought in a high paced fight by heavyweight standards. he had to deal with being mounted a few different times, escaping, and even doing work on top. on top of all that, every shot hunt through was pretty much a power shot. so putting all that into perspective..his cardio wasnt bad for a heavyweight, especially for the layoff. as someone else mentioned...jds has slowed down in similar fashion, but no one blasts him for it. people blast hunt for it because he's a fat guy.

i dont wanna say i want overeem or jds get injured...but it would be very interesting if either did and hunt stepped in. not saying hunt would beat either guy for sure, but he matches up very well against both guys.

• Upvote 3

Both gas?

No JDS cardio isnt shit but against roy nelson and shane carwin he slowed down considerably

People saying Overeem by sub like the first fight forget that Hunt tossed Overeem to the mat like a little kid and then followed him to the ground for some inexplicable reason.

Overeem doesn't have a 3 mile reach advantage to keep Hunt at bay like Struve and he's never been particularly hard to hit with MMA gloves on -- and Hunt only needs a couple of shots. I'd back Hunt if the fight were to happen, his cardio is definitely better than Overeem too.

Yes Overeem subbed him, but at that time Overeem subbed a lot of fighters he was a long and thin person, recently he add so much muscle and developed so much his striking than i'm pretty sure he would still try to stand with Hunt. And we all knows Hunt ko power plus Overeem bad chin could produce fun results.

Howether I think Overeem is better than Hunt Overall.

About JDS he would get destroyed by Hunt, I think Overeem is a better match up for JDS.

Alister would kill him by taking him down, and probably subbing him. If he tries to bang, alister probably gets smoked on the feet.

Alistair's only takedowns come from upper body, Hunt is hard as hell to take down from the clinch, and without roids for Alistair I'm willing to bet Hunt is easily stronger on fight night.