Future Stars of Tycoon

EzekelRAGE

Thanks for the write-up, Mr. Johnny Lee. (c: It was intentional that nobody knows his hiddens, including me. I mean, I know the three boxes I ticked, but that doesn't mean dick. I can't count the times I've scrolled far enough down when scouting and found a hidden Cuts Easily to build my gameplan around. I wanted to take that away. (c: It's risky--but so is making your first 16yo, and I wasn't getting rid of the kid no matter what. I'll be familiar with him, and others might be too, but scouting him is going to require work. :angel:

I'm a little surprised Zsiga beat Shoei Braz, to be honest. The only guy in HC I was afraid to book Zsiga against was Mel Gordon--both because Zsiga hadn't earned it and because Gordon is one of maybe five guys in the whole org who are unquestionably better. He turned 18 a week ago and -- according to http://www.mmatycoon.com/mystatsprogress.php -- is one block (of eight?) behind Jake Blade, and two blocks behind Michael Koko, Jeremey Barrett, and Hughtavious Mingo. Blade was a 16yo 262k creation, the rest were 18yo 228k, 25yo 237k, and 18yo 257k respectively. Training a full year on The Island at 18 allowed Mingo to be as good a fighter at 23 as Koko is at 27. I see that working very well for Zsiga, who'll have almost two whole game-years of age-accelerated AND Island-recovery-accelerated training, and he's still got another full year of age-accelerated training left, and I'm probably not going to fight him again until he's at least 19, if not 20.

I'd just started seeing returns on Hughtavious (on his way to 151 on the p4p list) when I created Zsiga; I had a goal of getting Zsiga to the top-10 p4p list, and I think he might be able to make a run at it. I've had such a blast with this fast ride up the ladder at the end of the season that I'm going to try to do the same thing next year, except maybe have the new guy do some real training for the first couple months, not just alternate between yoga and cardio/str every day for 10-20 weeks. /c: Maybe the next one can make a push for #1. (c:

I definite wait longer then that since you had a good few fights already with him wait to 22-23 to get the max training with him

Fair point. (c:

I've become too accustomed to the recovery rate on The Island; there's no way I'm going to trot the kid out there anywhere near as often once he gets to London. It's only one or two rest sessions after a fight before he's back up to 100%, so the fights don't cost that much in terms of trainiing time, and the experience is probably just about as good as two mediocre training sessions in packed Island gyms.

Pinto won a close decision over St. Juste in his scamma debut. Very impressive for a 24 year old to beat a solid fighter/manager combination in St. Juste. The rest of that WW division in scamma looks pretty bad. St Juste was easily the class of that division, his last non super fight loss in scamma was almost a year ago. I would think the only guy to beat him would be St Juste in a rematch.

Thats an incredibly impressive win for a 24 year old punch only build. If he would just sit him for a few months and get the kicks up to exc or so I'd say he is the best prospect in the entire game.

• Upvote 4

Pinto won a close decision over St. Juste in his scamma debut. Very impressive for a 24 year old to beat a solid fighter/manager combination in St. Juste. The rest of that WW division in scamma looks pretty bad. St Juste was easily the class of that division, his last non super fight loss in scamma was almost a year ago. I would think the only guy to beat him would be St Juste in a rematch.

Thats an incredibly impressive win for a 24 year old punch only build. If he would just sit him for a few months and get the kicks up to exc or so I'd say he is the best prospect in the entire game.

Holy shit, what an impressive win by Pinto. I wasn't expecting him to be ready for that level yet . Amazing prospect!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 1 year later...

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14410702306629.jpgName: Wilson Wills Jr

Record: 9-1

Organization: MMA Gladiators

Strengths: granite chin, high IQ, finisher, success over older/more skilled competition

Weaknesses: initial build was Island-centric, below average learning speed, cuts

Wills Jr is an Island creation of mine. He started as an 18 year old creation, I used my rather oddball (clinch/punch/subs) Island build for him because I planned to fight 5-8 times before the end of year tournament and wanted to be competitive. It's not a good build for longterm success, but I think it doesnt waste too much points.

Wills first fight was in a QFC and was lucky enough to roll a Granite. The opponent was very bad (kick only offense) and Wills clinch raped him for three rounds. He did manage to rock the opponent (granite) but didnt put him away. He probably had mediocre strength at the time, so I was very happy to have him rock a granite chinned opponent in the clinch. Wills signed with LIA and KO'ed his first three LIA opponents. His low strength at the time really started getting me excited about his power potential.

The next two fights were pretty big step ups in competition. Ilrav gave Wills a good scrap and took him to decision. Wills rocked him in the third round, another good sign. After that he got a title fight vs the 10-0 Kazakov (eventual tourney winner), a fight I really expected to lose. I sold out on the predict sliders to defend TD's and spammed TDD in training leading up to the fight. Wills lands a couple of combos and puts Kazakov out. Huge win and now I'm starting to view him as my best prospect.

Wills trains for the next two months to prepare for the end of the season tourney. IIRC, I spammed kicks/strike d/TDD/physicals in that time. Wills dispatches his first two opponents in less than a minute total. Round 3 is vs a pretty solid Island veteran kickboxer type in Radjansky (eventual tourney runner up). Radjansky turned on the agg/acc and outpointed the shorter Wills for three rounds (i fucked up the sliders for that one). Wills did manage to rock him in the 2nd round, but a fast recovery kept Radjansky in control. In his Island career Wills managed to rock or KO every opponent he faced except the guy he subbed in 29 seconds.

After the Island, I took Wills back to NY and trained him for the next 4 months. Twice he entered in TWGCC and went 6-2 despite not having very good ground skills. After his hype dropped enough to make him less risky to fight, I signed Wills to MMAGladiators in NYC. He made his MMAG debut against McGillicuty, a 25 year old creation that was 4-0 in the org entering the fight. Wills rocked him early in a striking exchange but McGillicuty took Wills down and survived the round. Wills turned up the heat in round 2 and put his opponent out with a combo early.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Great chin and power. IQ test provided great results as well. The Island build compounded with the slow learning speed makes the build less then ideal at this point, but no reason that cant be overcome. He's still very young and so far away from top level competition that the sky's the limit. I plan on at least 6 weeks between fights until he's fully developed, I feel like rushing him is the best way to fuck him up.

• Upvote 2