Why (Insert Org name here) ?

Just curious what is the driving force behind the active forum communitys choice in where they put their fighters? Is it matchups, money, cool extra stuff what?

Since owning an org I have found for the most part that I must be the odd duck out around here. When I first purchased my org I had ideas and thoughts as to what makes an org good and I got to tell ya after owning one over a month now I am shocked at how wrong I was.

Now I knew people would always be more interested in their own fighter and how your org could make them better then anything else. So I understand the draw to older orgs as they have higher level talent but I did figure after an extend period that offering more then just solid matchups would put your org in a better light as far as recruiting goes when those older fighters hit the FA market.

I have found I was dead wrong. Now note that this is not a whining topic nor is it a complaint one at that, I'm simply curious as to what all of you think and I'm just putting down a few thoughts that I have.

I remember a bit ago I was talking about how event posters and things of that nature makes an org better, I have since changed my mine because it has no effect from what I have seen in recruiting new talent.

You might as well never make them because they are time consuming and will not get your org anything from doing them. In other words no one cares I guess. How many top level orgs around that are considered top notch do them? Maybe for one show a month or something but just browse around and you will find lots of events, no poster!

I know for my org, I have released 5 going on 6 magazines filled with a custom magazine cover featuring my org fighters and writeups, I have an org youtube video and a offsite forum the works!

http://extremechampmma.proboards.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3dtoJH5uZ8

One of our magazines - http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?...st=0#entry27178

I have never had 1 single show thus far that didn't feature a custom fight poster, I always do post show writeups meaning I really have put in the extra mile to set my org apart. When recruiting I have sent PM's detailing all that I offer along with decent money deals and it works ok but to many times I lose a lot of fighters to the "So and so is offering me darn near billions" decline message.

So it's kind of dishearting to someone who puts in so much for such little reward, I'm starting to feel like I should just stop putting in so much, quit doing posters, magazines and all that and just save up money so I can recruit better talent because it would seem that money is the only thing fighters care about, that and fighting higher ranked fighters. We know giving guys champion fights and hyping them has no effect, there contract will end and they will bounce with your strap no problem!

Mainly I am feeling like all the extra effort is worthless and wanted to get everyones thoughts?

the responses i have been getting so far vary really. I get a lot of compliments on my match making and my little email updates.

The guys who are after the money will soon figure out that they cant do anything with it anyway and they will be back. I actually sent a new contract over to a guy today and he declined it. Apparently i offered him too much money and he wanted less. <--- Thats what i call awesome.

I try to keep the fighters in my org up to date on standings for the division, start renewal talks 2 fights away from expiring, and always match up top guys vs top guys and slowly bring lower to mid tier guys up the ranks.

So far I think i am doing an ok job since noone has yelled at me yet.

Just keep doing what you are doing and you will get the fighters you need and you will discover, like i did, that a lot of managers are very loyal as long as you treat them right.

Thomas...

You efforts are epic and I, for one, appreciate all you've done. You're one of the few managers who's done everything possible to add to the "emersion factor" of the game = make it the most realistic.

I have nothing more to add than a HUGE "well done."

Initially to start its whoever gave me an offer. Game starts out a little slow. Now that I've learned the ropes a little the things I would look for are :

1) Fighters in my same class. I want my guys to have some time to develop against similar levels of competition.

2) Owner Involvement. Posters, forums, updates, fight recaps, all these things show an active and committed owner.

3) Activity. While I like the training time, I still need to have fights on a fairly regular basis.

Money isn't on the list only because my philosophy is that money will come later. Early on I'm looking to develop my fighters.

Hey, Drake!

I appreciate the effort you put into the game, but I just don't have enough time to check out everything you come up with.

I really like your updates ... they keep me informed and it only takes a few minutes for me to catch up on everything.

And I appreciate the event posters too. It makes it more enjoyable when I read through the event results.

As long as I've got enough money to keep training, buy a few clothes when I need them, and keep my fighter in supplements, I'm good. I just want to pit my fighters against other fighters in his same league.

Money means little to me as long as my fighters have enough to afford an elite gym and whatever items they need. To me it's all about orgs with good hype and ranking, with org owners I get along well with, and run a good show. As a result I'm quite happy being involved with SynCity, Tapout FC and MIFC.

The effort probably doesn't really pay off as far as signing a bunch of extra guys or getting a top guy. However, think of it this way. Are you enjoying all of what you're doing? My org hasn't done an event yet, and I think the first event will barely make any profit. However, I did my best to make something that seems like a really over-the-top idea and I'm having fun making horribly ridiculous photoshops for event posters. It feels like satire and it is. I'm enjoying it more than raising my fighters (I'm a horrible manager as far as fighters go, only one with an honest streak).

Another thing that's making people sign with my org though is that I try to give news often, and give people choices. I'll admit most people likely ignore the news and don't care when I pick them to fight, but those that do care are likely happy and active to begin with. I've had some new guys killing their fighters by training every second at Cozad, so I helped them out by telling them a good method to train, which they've been thankful for.

I have fighters in Rio that signed with other orgs. Reasons are that either a friend owns the org, or I got offered a pile of money for only a few fights. I turned down an offer from another friend because it just wasn't enough to train a fighter (sorry to him for that).

Well i do enjoy the things that I do for my org otherwise I prolly wouldn't do it. Sometimes I get a little annoyed when I lose a fighter or miss out on a FA that I really wanted cuz they want to follow the money trail but I really didn't make this topic to bitch. Although I might of went on a little rift near the end of my post the entire point of this thread was to get popular opinion on what draws fighters to the orgs they sign with.

im only in lower level nyc orgs atm, cept 1. but i like to see the posters. its just an added thing to the game i like. but money means a lot to me right now just because im new ish and like to stay in my gyms.

I have too say I have gotten lucky and haven't had a bad experience with any of the orgs I have been signed with. And I have taken less money to stay with them in some cases. As said above as long as I get enough to pay for the best gyms and products in the game. The managers I deal with are great and keep me active - plus are very understanding if I decline on something.

I do say you do one heck of a job on promoting and going all out. Awesome job

still being fresh to the game, money is still semi tight around all of my fighters (and would be very tight if they were out of a contract) so I'm still money-minded, although to be fair, if a company treated me well I would give them notice and a chance to match an offer if I got a better one from somewhere else.

3 of my guys are signed to Boondock Fight League.

Boondock has been awesome so far haha.

I find he's treated my fighters well, and has given plenty of opportunity for them to fight and develop.

Basically, he takes good care of them, and I'll return it with some loyalty come contract resigning time.

As for my 4th fighter, who's in New York; he's just been signed to a contract, and I'm not sure how it'll go, but we'll see in time.

My guys all signed with their current orgs way back when. I'll stay with the ones that offer me regular fights and slightly more money than I got last time if my guy has been winning. One org I'm with is like clockwork. As soon as I start expecting a fight offer, I get one. I really like that. I know what to expect pretty much down to the day, with only one exception in all this time. I signed to another org when they were just barely starting out and a month or two later the owner contacted me saying he was making more money and would like to re-do my contracts for better gains. I appreciated that, too.

Honestly, I don't look at the orgs' pages or forums a whole lot. I check in on my fighter's weight class to see where I'm ranked against my opponent, and as long as that's fair, I'm pretty happy. I'll also check out their champs and see if it looks like they have had to do something to get the title and defend it. I don't want to be in an org that just hands them out.

I run Knights Squad in Rio and I so far am dissapointed. The reason I chose to start an org is because I was tired of accepting contracts that couldn't pay me enough to join a good gym. On top of that I was being matched up with people way out of my league and was given fight after fight with no training time or recovery time.

Now that I run an org I tried to sign a high number of fighters all fairly new and try to make matches even. I admit I can't afford to pay much, but I care more about the fights themselves. So far i have held one event and did not make squat and actually went negative. But I am in high hopes that I will get the hang of it..I'm not really here to make a killing, but to give good fights to those who want them..and I want to be with active managers who care about the game for the long run.

I knew Franky from elsewhere and he told me about the game and hence Paolo signed with him. I had a few chats with Mac about Paolo going to CFC but in the end stayed with Syn and so made a new guy to go train in CTT (didn't last long) and sign with CFC which i did.

Zero complaints about either and i don't see myself leaving either org (and why would i being in 2 of the top 3 :D .... plus i hear Pride don't pay much and im all about the money lulz)

Drake, you are taking things to epic levels. I am very impressed.

Although I've been especially busy these past few weeks, I always try to do little recaps and news updates of things going on in the OPFC. It's been about every two weeks lately, but I try to engage my managers, treat them right, pay them, and give them even fights on a regular basis.

One thing it took me a little while to discover: I used to think "we're all one big happy OPFC family in my org, everybody is really into it!" Since all my focus is on OPFC, to some extent, I assumed all the guys who had fighters there really had a vested interest too.

Then I thought of my own situation -- I have fighters in 4 or 5 orgs, and it's hard to be completely immersed in the goings-on of each one. I've got a guy in Synchronicity, and while Franky does a good job, I haven't been able to take the time to get really immersed in the org and all the forum discussions and what not. I'm spread too thin.

As phenomenal a job as you do, maybe ECM is just one of 6 orgs your managers are affiliated with . . . .

I'm rambling, but hopefully you get the idea. And keep up the good work, man!

I am knew, so I guess you would be interested in my opinion too.

I never heard of your org, never saw one poster, I can't know who you are, and how much you care.

The thing is, if I would have known, I would have created my 2nd fighter in your town, just to sign with your org.

So put only half the effort in what you do now. Go to the noob forum, and help people with a little notice:

Help came from.... org, we would happy to help you more, sign with me, get fair fights, a little help, and improve.......

I had to search for some orgs. So I went to the forums, and pmed the first orgs, that advertised in the org forum. The one that gave the best answer emails, I signed with.

Of course money makes the difference for me. Signed for 500 and denied the 200.

Drake, you are taking things to epic levels. I am very impressed.

Although I've been especially busy these past few weeks, I always try to do little recaps and news updates of things going on in the OPFC. It's been about every two weeks lately, but I try to engage my managers, treat them right, pay them, and give them even fights on a regular basis.

One thing it took me a little while to discover: I used to think "we're all one big happy OPFC family in my org, everybody is really into it!" Since all my focus is on OPFC, to some extent, I assumed all the guys who had fighters there really had a vested interest too.

Then I thought of my own situation -- I have fighters in 4 or 5 orgs, and it's hard to be completely immersed in the goings-on of each one. I've got a guy in Synchronicity, and while Franky does a good job, I haven't been able to take the time to get really immersed in the org and all the forum discussions and what not. I'm spread too thin.

As phenomenal a job as you do, maybe ECM is just one of 6 orgs your managers are affiliated with . . . .

I'm rambling, but hopefully you get the idea. And keep up the good work, man!

Great insight I never really thought about it like that but yea makes sense.

My 3 reasons to (re)join :ac8: an org :

1) Money!

2) MONEY!

3) And some more money, transfered directly to manager's accout.

But, hmm, wait... My ECM champ is on a 200\200 contract and I'm fine, so there must me something else. :graduated:

Seriously speaking, org owner activity is the only thing I check before making a choice. It's no fun to sit out a month between matches, waiting for release clause in an inactive org.