We have to do something about these worthless sponsorships

http://bayimg.com/HAchFaaco

http://bayimg.com/hAcHIaAcO

http://bayimg.com/iACHBAACo

http://mmatycoon.com/nutritionpublic.php?ncid=611

i really don't care about the hype. but these new guys are getting royally screwed. if they get screwed, they probably won't want to keep playing. it's a shitty thing to do to someone that doesn't know better.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason Levi and I became aware of this was because Joa told us people were accepting $0 for 365 day sponsorships. I don't necessarily blame Joa as he's shown to be completely different from Attliction, but this is a flaw in the game, of sorts.

I think, as 'beta testers', its our job to improve this game, and by helping out the 'noobs', and avoiding these asinine offers, we are improving the game.

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/373/deals.jpg

he was foolish enough to show off his other shit deals... and in case he removes that: http://bayimg.com/lACHJAaCo

So, Joe has given $7000 to his two fighters for 70 days of sponsorship total. And given $880 to everyone else for 2155 days of sponsorship.

I know there are people who don't have a problem with this, and blame the noobs for not knowing, but that's a pretty crappy view on the matter. I know when I was a noob, I was jumping at every contract offer - I just wanted to get involved in the game. If we're not going to look out for the new guys, eventually there won't be any more new guys.

http://bayimg.com/paChEAaco

$1 for 2147483647 days

i call him out on being a scumbag and this is how he apologizes. real nice.

It was a joke...you gotta laugh at some things.

Saying that i will improve sponsor offers, im just as new as them and need time to see how it all works.

should we release noobs fighters to because they didn't know how to build them right. Anyone who signs such a sponsorship deal deserves what they get. It don't take a rocket scientist to figure out those offers are bad. If you can't figure that out noob or not your a moron.

I think there is a decent fix. But of course that means more programming time

1. Add a release option from the sponsorship. This way new company owners who claim they didn't know better get a chance to make it right w/o taking up the OTHER sponsor slot.

and possibly:

2. Buy out option for the fighter. This one is trickier though. If I give a 0-0 guy $100-150, it's a risk. The guy loses his first fight and the manager scraps him, I lose. But the potential for him to go 2/3-0 in a month, I've made out and he might remember the company that helped him out when he was getting started.

Maybe he can buy out for double what he was offered, pro-rated by the day. Should be a problem for a $20 deal.

I think there is a decent fix as well. People learning to read the sponsorships before they accept them. I don't own an org or any sort of business I just run fighters as a lot of people in the game do. If I saw a sponsorship offer like that I would just laugh and decline. I give the guy credit for trying something that you people may find unfair but common if you are retarded enough to sign a sponsorship like that you probably are to stupid to set up decent sliders and to bad at the game to even want to play after 10 fights. You ever notice that hardly any of these fighters end up getting any good. I looked at attiction's fighters he has sponsored (Yes I understand it isn't about him but I think it still applies) 95% of those fighters are litterally going no where and they probably were going no where no matter what because again if you can't look at a sponsorship like 20 dollars for 100 days and think to yourself "Hmmm maybe I think I could get better money if I declined this in the future". Noob or not thats just fucking retarded. I am sorry but if you signed up for something like that its time to stop playing this game and take up a new hobby online because you oviously are not smart enough to notice your getting screwed.

I am sorry if that seems harsh and personally I don't even like the guy who owns attiction I think he's a bit of a dick no offence to him but much like this new guy doing the same thing I don't see a problem with it. Its not like the guy is going over to your house and holding a gun to your head saying "Sign the fucking contract or die". He is simply giving you a shitty offer that you are decline in a angry way or a polite way or no way. Whatever you see fit. You don't even make any money off sponsorships from events do you. Its all just for making your company look cool is it not. I am not sure on that doesn't change my opinion one way or another. But still give the guy a break. I say we start hating on the retards who can't read and decide to sign this sponsorships.

On a side note to actually help the situation maybe for all sponsorships when you accept it always asks you "Do you really want to accept or decline this" so if someone accidently accepts they aren't screwed. I could see that happening and I don't blame you people for a misclick that would suck. But if you still accepted after 2 times it asking then its your own fault

There could be a tier system in place, like if you are 3-0 then X for Y amount of days is the minimum you can offer etc. I dunno, personally I don't think a sponsorship is going to make or break you financially--so it wouldn't exactly be a top priority to me at least.

Putting such a system in place would hinder some more personal deals, like if I need help for one of my younger fighters, I could give a sponsor one of my more well off fighters next to nothing to even out the difference so there's a mutual benefit.

You just can't safeguard every aspect that requires common sense. I think everyone should at least have an ounce of common sense and glance over the wiki. If you don't at least do one or the other, well that's on you.

I think there is a decent fix as well. People learning to read the sponsorships before they accept them. I don't own an org or any sort of business I just run fighters as a lot of people in the game do. If I saw a sponsorship offer like that I would just laugh and decline. I give the guy credit for trying something that you people may find unfair but common if you are retarded enough to sign a sponsorship like that you probably are to stupid to set up decent sliders and to bad at the game to even want to play after 10 fights. You ever notice that hardly any of these fighters end up getting any good. I looked at attiction's fighters he has sponsored (Yes I understand it isn't about him but I think it still applies) 95% of those fighters are litterally going no where and they probably were going no where no matter what because again if you can't look at a sponsorship like 20 dollars for 100 days and think to yourself "Hmmm maybe I think I could get better money if I declined this in the future". Noob or not thats just fucking retarded. I am sorry but if you signed up for something like that its time to stop playing this game and take up a new hobby online because you oviously are not smart enough to notice your getting screwed.

I am sorry if that seems harsh and personally I don't even like the guy who owns attiction I think he's a bit of a dick no offence to him but much like this new guy doing the same thing I don't see a problem with it. Its not like the guy is going over to your house and holding a gun to your head saying "Sign the fucking contract or die". He is simply giving you a shitty offer that you are decline in a angry way or a polite way or no way. Whatever you see fit. You don't even make any money off sponsorships from events do you. Its all just for making your company look cool is it not. I am not sure on that doesn't change my opinion one way or another. But still give the guy a break. I say we start hating on the retards who can't read and decide to sign this sponsorships.

On a side note to actually help the situation maybe for all sponsorships when you accept it always asks you "Do you really want to accept or decline this" so if someone accidently accepts they aren't screwed. I could see that happening and I don't blame you people for a misclick that would suck. But if you still accepted after 2 times it asking then its your own fault

I couldn't disagree more with this. This is a problem - anyone who has played this game for more than a week knows its wrong, and you even said yourself that any "retard who can read" knows this is wrong. So, why turn your back to it?

As it currently stands, with the way the algorithms are written, this allows these "companies" to earn unwarranted hype. I have heard the argument that hype is "broken" and should be discounted until its fixed. Maybe company hype is broken, but until it changes, it is the barometer for top company. I have heard others say "anyone who thinks the company with most hype is the best company is an idiot". Maybe so - its an opinion; however, isn't that one of the goals of this game? Isn't one of the goals of this game to be the most hyped fighter, most hyped manager, most hyped company? And surely, even if the company hype is fixed, at some level, the number of fighters you sponsor will figure in to this, no?

Now, I agree that these new players need to read, and be smart, and familiarize themselves with the wiki, and the forum, and chat, but I also know that when I first signed up, I wanted to immediately get in an org, and get sponsors, and join a gym, and get a fight - I would have jumped at anything (and probably did). If this happened to me, and my fighter was "screwed" I'd probably quickly get annoyed with this game, and I don't think the intentions of this game and community is to turn away new players. Just because they don't know better, does that mean we should take advantage of them? That's a hideous outlook.

The worst part is that Joa laughed at this, and then said how he just preys on QFC fighters - knowing they are usually brand new fighters. What's next? Start-up orgs signing fighters to 200/0/0 lifetime contracts? Are gyms going to set their prices to $49 on Friday, and then set it to $500 on Thursday afternoon...every week?

The worst part about this all is that eventually its going to force Mikey to take action (as he has stated in Attliction threads), and keep him from improving the game for the benefit of us all.

A really quick and dirty fix would be, to put an example of sponsorship ranges that an 0-0 fighter and an 1-0 fighter could expect based on popular suggestions by us, on the page where sponsorships are accepted.

So far I've seen people suggest:

$50-$100 for 30 days for 0-0.

$100 - $150 for 30 days for 1-0.

But let's nail it down and come up with a consensus of what is fair for these sponsorship deals.

This way new players would be able to make a more informed decision and we could then stop getting all these threads popping up about shitty sponsorship deals. And the fix would only take about 5 minutes for Mike to put in place. While not 100% fool proof, it's better than nothing.

A really quick and dirty fix would be, to put an example of sponsorship ranges that an 0-0 fighter and an 1-0 fighter could expect based on popular suggestions by us, on the page where sponsorships are accepted.

So far I've seen people suggest:

$50-$100 for 30 days for 0-0.

$100 - $150 for 30 days for 1-0.

But let's nail it down and come up with a consensus of what is fair for these sponsorship deals.

This way new players would be able to make a more informed decision and we could then stop getting all these threads popping up about shitty sponsorship deals. And the fix would only take about 5 minutes for Mike to put in place. While not 100% fool proof, it's better than nothing.

There is no consensus. All that is important is that the MINIMUM should be $50 for 30 days - again as Mike Tycoon said. Beyond that, its negotiable.

The worst part is that Joa laughed at this, and then said how he just preys on QFC fighters - knowing they are usually brand new fighters. What's next? Start-up orgs signing fighters to 200/0/0 lifetime contracts? Are gyms going to set their prices to $49 on Friday, and then set it to $500 on Thursday afternoon...every week?

I said that as a joke you must be pretty dense not to see this. read first link in this thread it clearly shows i never gave out the $0 contracts to new fighters.

Look at first i didnt even say i was doing it...i just said people do it. The way i wrote it was obvious to most that i was joking...Levi even said "I hope your kidding"

I said that as a joke you must be pretty dense not to see this. read first link in this thread it clearly shows i never gave out the $0 contracts to new fighters.

Look at first i didnt even say i was doing it...i just said people do it. The way i wrote it was obvious to most that i was joking...Levi even said "I hope your kidding"

So, I read the first link in this thread (that you also supplied), and it says, and I quote:

Joa: People sign free sponsors for 365 days lol

MattyBlayze: who?

Joa: 0-0 fighters

MattyBlayze: what company?

Joa: I grab people from the QFC...

Joa: offer them free ones

So, what did I misunderstand there? And, yes, you were joking. You are correct. You never gave them free ones.

YOU DID WORSE! $20 for 365 days is BS!

And Levi obviously didn't KNOW you were joking, or he wouldn't have started this thread!

So, I read the first link in this thread (that you also supplied), and it says, and I quote:

Joa: People sign free sponsors for 365 days lol

MattyBlayze: who?

Joa: 0-0 fighters

MattyBlayze: what company?

Joa: I grab people from the QFC...

Joa: offer them free ones

So, what did I misunderstand there? And, yes, you were joking. You are correct. You never gave them free ones.

YOU DID WORSE! $20 for 365 days is BS!

And Levi obviously didn't KNOW you were joking, or he wouldn't have started this thread!

$20 for 365 is worse than $0 for 365....really????

who are you anyway, you are nobody dont tell me what to do