Umbrella Corp. - Official Thread

igorbyhenikov

Aw yeah, finally Smooth Move gets back into the win column on Umbrella 56's card! Not only did I win but I smacked Willy into next week AND got fight of the night. Damned I needed this... now back to the gym to get ready a repeat performance next fight.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rankings are based on quality of wins, skill level, dictatorial opinion and common sense. *updated March 24th*

145 lbs Official Rankings

Champion: James Dean Rockefeller

1. Yaya Shimizu
  2. Tsutomu Miyazaki
  3. Vesa Sykk
  4. David Brent
  5. Tormy Skillz
  6. Dustin Carmelo
  7. Ode Jokinen
  8. Benjamin Ruggiero
  9. Riku Kurikka
  10. Arild Einemo

155 lbs Official Rankings

Champion: James Dean Rockefeller

1. Israel Kamakawiwo Ole
  2. Tero Karhula
  3. Dennis Page
  4. Ben Williams
  5. Takeru Masaru
  6. Ville Paakkari
  7. Bone Crash
  8. Lre Name
  9. Jack Break
  10. Sahey Ignatyev

170 lbs Official Rankings

Champion: Nelson Dela

1. George Kelly
  2. Kristus Koistinen
  3. Erik Gustafsson
  4. Julius Biacolo
  5. Thor Wasshammar
  6. Omar Cluzet
  7. Dr John Zoidberg
  8. Emil Gustafsson
  9. Ian McDunn
  10. Simon Harrison

185 lbs Official Rankings

Champion: Emilio Izturis

1. Max Eisenhardt
  2. Takeshi Naoki
  3. Dan MuttaFukka
  4. Juunas Sikio
  5. Guy Georges
  6. Imma Bag
  7. Bodzio Helikopter
  8. Nikolai Dzhumagaliev
  9. Aziz Shaversian
  10. Rejnaldo Silva

205 lbs Official Rankings

Champion: Georgy Fokin

1. Iso Kaato
  2. Karl Kutowski
  3. Brian Burns
  4. Mohammed Jihad
  5. Yuri Hanzzle
  6. Donnito Mustacho
  7. Victor Vector
  8. Cron Spliffton
  9. Curtis Dighead
  10. Justice Naruhodo

265 lbs Official Rankings

Champion: Matti Meikalainen

1. Masamichi Yamaji
  2. Evil Muno
  3. Samppa Linna
  4. Heinz Doofenshmirtz
  5. Thiago Santana De Oliveira
  6. Cody Zeller
  7. Roberto Gomez Bollanos
  8. Oswald Jokinen
  9. Reijo Rento
  10. John Coffey

Official p4p Rankings

1. James Dean Rockefeller
  2. Georgy Fokin
  3. Emilio Izturis
  4. Nelson Dela
  5. Matti Meikalainen
  6. Iso Kaato
  7. Evil Muno
  8. Masamichi Yamaji
  9. Israel Kamakawiwo Ole
  10. Max Eisenhardt

Rankings are based on quality of wins, skill level, dictatorial opinion and common sense. *updated March 24th*

• Upvote 1

Today, reporters flocked to Sun Tzu's Art Of War in Amsterdam to get a look at and throw some questions toward Pueblo Escobart, The Umbrella Corps newest Vice President.

Reporter: Mr. Escobart, how are you qualified to be VP of a multi-national, multi-million dollar fighting orginization?

Pueblo: Um, I'm not. But I'll do my best, and Igor has kindly offered to take me in and show me the ropes. I was staff writer for Siberian Fight League in St. Pete, and also did a preview or two for Ascension. So hopefully my MMA background and Igor's guidance will be enough to guarantee a fluid transition.

Reporter: How do you plan on balancing your time between running a gym, managing your own stable of fighters, and devoting the time to Umbrella Corp that it deserves?

Pueblo: Very carefully. And I may have to clone myself.

Reporter: Who are your favorite Umbrella Corp fighters?

Pueblo: Well, of course I'm a fan of JD Rockefeller. The guys a beast, two division undefeated champion and all. Here's proof that the Illuminati is alive and kicking; you don't get this good by being good. It takes a perfect storm of talent, luck, and brilliant management to get where he is. I'm also looking forward to the completion of the Guy Georges and Emilio Izturis trilogy; those guys are top-notch grapplers, and I'm a big fan of BJJ. Mohammed Jihad is another one of my favorite fighters to watch. That being said, no one can expect to get preferential treatment during my tenure at Umbrella Corp.

Reporter: How do you plan on improving things at Umbrella Corp?

Pueblo: Well, I plan on filling in where Igor wants me, providing occasional reviews, previews, and media appearances for managers and fighters, and also learning the mechanics of running an org so that I can help everyone have a better experience at Umbrella Corp. plus I'm giving away free kittens. Here, have one.

Reporter: What do the fighters at Umbrella Corp stand to gain from your involvement with their org?

Pueblo: Well, for starters, I plan on increasing the media's involvement with their org. I'm also here to free up some of Igor's time so that he can personally attend to org-related matters more closely. I have a private jet that any of the fighters can use if they just let me know in advance that they will need to be flown. And free kittens.

Reporter: What's next for Pueblo Escobart, and Umbrella Corp?

Pueblo: First, I'm flying over for a meeting with Igor. You know, to learn the ropes and take a look around. Once I'm settled in to my office, I'll start putting in work. It's good to be on board, and I look forward to making Umbrella Corp an even greater organization and improving the quality of the Umbrella Corp experience.

Thanks, ladies and gentlemen, but that's all I have time for today. I'll see you all again soon for my first official press release as Umbrella Corp's VP.

• Upvote 3

Hey guys, it's Pueblo Escobart, with the first of several fighter interviews. For this one, I hooked up with Dennis Page, a well-known staple of Umbrella Corp cards.

Pueblo: How would you describe your fighting style?

Page: My FIgting style. Mmmm I tend to try to be a KO artist. I know if I connect clean with anybody there goin down. I'm a striker. As everybody can see through my last 7-8 fights. My 1 loss was a freak. Have you actually seen that fight on you tube. If not please look.

PE: You've been with Umbrella Corp for a long time. What's your favorite fight so far?

DP: Possibly my last fight vs Ben Williams he was supposed to be better than me striking etc. but I proved people wrong. I also proved people I can go the distance and get a decision win. Some people have said in the past if I don't KO guys I'm clueless.

i just hope my last performance proved I can out strike guys no problem. I must say that is all down to my manager Scott Davies. He decided to up sticks and move to Amsterdam and team up with the old School KING Damien Leite. Since goin there I've improved so much.

PE: Any chance of the fans seeing a rematch between you and George Kelly?

DP: I would love a rematch. In the first fight my mind was nt with it. I had a few personal problems and I believe it showed on the night,

I was nt ready for that fig at the time, I'm still young and learning. I respect George and his team so much it's like a dream for that rematch to happen. I do think if that rematch happens it will be for the title George will win his belt back in his next fight. But he knows I'm the real pikey and will be gunning for him and everyone above me.

PE: Who's next on your hit list?

DP: Don't really have anyone in mind yet if I'm honest I only started back training yesterday from my last win so I'm just goin to ease myself back into training and let my manager decide what's next.

DENNIS THE PIKEY PAGE IS BACK off the drink back in the gym. WAR PIKEY WAR.

And there you have it, straight from the man himself! I've sent out several other interviews. Next one up is Masamichi Yamaji, slated for tomorrow. If you'd like to see your fighter spotlighted on our Smack Talk Thread, just send me a PM.

Again, thanks to Dennis Page and his manager Scott Davies for taking the time to sit down with us and letting us pick their brains. Good luck in the future, and keep your eyes on here for more great fighter spotlights!

• Upvote 1

Hey guys. As promised, I'm back with the second fighter spotlight interview, this time catching up with Anti Kristus and his Umbrella Corp protege, Tsutomu Miyazaki.

PE- You've been with Umbrella Corp since their first event, way back in the day. What keeps you here?

TM- Lots of children to play with! Naah, really I've been satisfied how things are done here. Fast fight offers and good opponents. Igor has done good job, so no reason whatsoever to change.

PE- What is your favorite Umbrella Corp memory?

TM- Fight against Rockefeller for sure! I'm still angry at him taking advantage of my helplessness. We were drinking the night before the fight and... I'm sure he slipped something on my beer!!!!

PE- How would you describe your fighting style?

TM- It's pretty obvious, ain't it?!? Get him to ground and BANG!!!

PE- Who would you like to fight next, and why?

TM- I can't wait to molest my next victim Aslak Ass. Should be fun! Or then it will be over in 30 secs... and still be great fight!

PE- Do you have any parting words for your peers and opponents at Umbrella Corp?

TM- Fight. Me. Lose.

Thank you both for coming out for this interview. I wish you the best of luck in your continued tenure at Umbrella Corp. See you all next time with more fighter interviews, match previews, manager profiles and whatever else you'd like to see on here. If you have an idea for a story or article for the smack talk thread, just PM me and I'll try to make it happen.

• Upvote 1

Recently I had a chance to sit down with Masamichi Yamaji and his manager for an...interesting..interview. Here is what went down.

(Masamichi Yamaji sits next to Soyster Eighty-Nine without so much as a twitch of his facial muscles. He doesn't speak at all. He looks straight ahead, almost as though he's in a trance, and allows Soyster to do the talking for him)

PE- How would you describe your fighting style?

Soyster- Yamaji's fighting style? What, you're kidding right? We've all seen him fight, and we've seen exactly what makes me as happy as I am - Yamaji is a destroyer. He's a striker in every sense of the word. If I had to put one word to describe his style......hmmmm.......I'd say, violent.

PE- You've been with Umbrella Corp for quite awhile. What's your favorite memory or fight under the Umbrella Corp banner?

S- That's easy. He'd never say this, but it's absolutely the Evin Muno fight - a fight he lost. Go back and look at that fight. Yamaji dominated, battered, and beat Muno for 4 rounds. It's no secret - Mega Jug and I are very close friends, and Jug and I sat side by side at that fight. After about 3 1/2 rounds, Jug looked at me straight in the eyes and said "Soyster - you have a beast on your hands."

What happened you ask? It's easy - Yamaji got careless. He started enjoying what he was doing and didn't have the fear of being finished. Well, he does now, and that replay lives in his mind every day for the rest of his life.

PE- Any chance of an Evil Muno rematch?

S- That depends on Evil Muno. It wouldn't be a fun fight for him.

PE- Who would you like to fight next? Why?

S- Honestly, we don't ever look ahead further than who's in front of Masa right now, at this moment. Heinz is the man of the hour now. He's who we want.

PE- Is fighting people in the cage any different than murdering people with brass knuckles?

(Masamichi slowly turns towards the reporter)

S- Oh, so you've read a few internet news sites and now you're a comedian are you? Ok funny man, here's the thing - maybe he does enjoy that more than stepping into a cage. How would you like to find out?

PE- Ahem. Well, Do you have anything to say to the other managers and fighters at Umbrella Corp?

S- Yeah - don't ask us for any interviews anytime soon. We're out.

• Upvote 3

I recently had a chance to sit down with Iso Kaato, the Umbrella Corp Light Heavyweight champ and #1 P4P fighter at Umbrella Corp. here's what he had to say.

PE-Congratulations on winning the title and cinching the #1 P4P spot at umbrella. What's next on your agenda?

IK-Thanks mate. I don't know ehat's next for me. I have still couple fights left in my contract so I guess I'll just fight whoever is the number one contender for the title.

PE-You've defeated a veritable lightweight Who's Who list at Umbrella. Who is the biggest threat to your LHW crown?

IK-I don't know man. There are some tough guys in the division like Burns, Kutowski and Ronaldo but I can't really say who is the biggest threat.

PE-How would you describe your fighting style?

IK-Obviously my roots are in kickboxing and striking is definitely my bread and butter. I like to put high pressure on my opponents and mix up my kicks, punches and clinch game to overwhelm the other guy. But I've also worked very hard on my ground game lately to become a complete mixed martial artist.

PE-Are there any other fighters you look up to? Who were your influences?

IK-I grew up watching fighters like Fidel Puno, Bubba Killsinwater and Jigoro Kane. They were all deadly strikers and the biggest stars of their time and guys like them made want to become a fighter. From present day fighters I have huge respect for guys like Otso Jokinen and Sinuhe Egyptian. These guys have been around forever and are still fighting the highest level of competion. I can only hope that my career will be as long and as succesful as theirs.

PE-What kind of fighter would you least want to face at this point?

IK -I have had great success against both strikers and grapplers so I'm not really conserned about the fighting style of my opponent. Personally I like fighting guys who are willing to stand and bang but I'm fine with fighting grapplers aswell.

PE-Any chance of moving up or stepping down in weight to claim two titles?

IK- I doubt that I can ever make 185lbs so that's not an option. I've had couple of fights in heavyweight in my career and if a good match up would present it self I could see myself fighting in the heavyweight again. But as of now I'm only focus is to defend my title and fight the best 205lbs guys that Umbrealla can offer me.

PE-What is your favorite moment from your Umbrella Corp tenure?

IK- It has to be winning the 205lbs belt the second time against Foking and avenging the only loss off my career. That moment was pretty sweet.

PE-Do you have anything to say to the other managers and fighters at Umbrella Corp?

IK- Keep up the good work guys, let's give our audience only the best fights!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1