TWGC Gameplay Discussion

MMATycoon

It must be the guy running the org who has not checked me off. It's the only thing that makes sense. I've asked him twice, so I don't feel like I can ask again. I've also asked Mike to help me out, but I'm not sure if he can. Super disappointing

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I was happy with my 18-0 win in my debut, but I'm super new to the TWGCs so I don't really know anything.

Side note: Are subs harder to come by in the TWGCs as opposed to the main game? My fighter has never been to a decision in his career but got a nice decision win here ... Just wondering, for future strategies

Wow, I was happy with my 18-0 win in my debut, but I'm super new to the TWGCs so I don't really know anything.

Side note: Are subs harder to come by in the TWGCs as opposed to the main game? My fighter has never been to a decision in his career but got a nice decision win here ... Just wondering, for future strategies

since it safe to assume everybody has good subs and defensive grappling yep subs will be harder to land

• 3 weeks later...

I call bullshit!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=280397

Well it definitely seems a lot easier in Division 4 to lands subs.

This is the reason I brought it up http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=275124

The guy's never been to a decision in his MMA career, but had 2 in the TWGCs, so I was just wondering. I also faced a blanket with no subs in the second round, so that might've had something to do with it. He was my first ever fighter, so he was a bad build anyways :)

8 MMA fights is too small a sample size to measure that.

Also, looking at the TWGC fight you won 18-0, a lot of your submission attempts were Kimuras from half guard. That's a low percentage sub, there is a saying in Jiu-Jitsu that I think applies, 'Position before submission'.

• Upvote 1

8 MMA fights is too small a sample size to measure that.

Also, looking at the TWGC fight you won 18-0, a lot of your submission attempts were Kimuras from half guard. That's a low percentage sub, there is a saying in Jiu-Jitsu that I think applies, 'Position before submission'.

Good point(s)

I think we'll bring down the level for Div 1 for the next TWGC. Agreed?

Disagree if I understand this correctly. The slots in D1 fill up fast enough as it is. Better to have highest minimal skill cap and set the bar a little higher for D1, there's already enough mismatches. If anything, the gap from Div 4 to Div 3 should be raised a little bit.

I must have it wrong my my head then. It's the lowest division that struggles to fill up?

I've only been here for one set of these but I believe Div 4 was the last to fill up, yes

I must have it wrong my my head then. It's the lowest division that struggles to fill up?

Yeah because even newly created fighters qualify for Division 3. The bar for division 4 to 3 needs raised just a bit, so that newly created fighters (without a single training session) don't get stuck in D3.

• 4 weeks later...

Also having problems joining D1 with one of my fighters despite it saying he qualifies, I have the dropdowns but it doesn't give me the option for him. However, I had a guy join D2 no problems.

All but one of your fighters are contracted to organisations. Unless the owner sets fighters to be available for TWGC, you won't be able to enter whilst under contract.

• 1 month later...