Alexi's book to tycooning

AlexiZaitev

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should I post the guide in the forums?

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont give a fuck

I know this is probably something that really isn't worth the effort, however, I am of the mindset that if you can do something that can help someone in tycoon you should do it. So what I am doing is I am attempting to put down all the information I have about this game (leaving out specific strategy details but will include general things I consider doing when facing certain opponents) into one document and sharing that with anyone who wants to read it. The parts I have planned are fighter creation (sup topics of guide to how skills break down, how skills relate to primaries, hiddens), how to scout opponents, general game plans for specific situations and just general things to think about when gameplanning for a fight, a general training guide for project fighters and the like, a org walk through from a manager perspective (things to be wary of, do's and don'ts, how contracts work), running a gym and running an org (if I get that far.)

Why am I posting about this? its because I want to get people aware of this as well as to have something out there so new managers know there is a place for them to go that covers just about everything to do in Tycoon without having to sift through all the threads in the Noob sections. This is primarily just an organizational thing to streamline the process of getting new managers into the game and enjoying it so the game can continue to grow and become the best game it can be.

I know there will be some people who think I am stupid, an idiot or a variety of other things, but I want to try and gie something back to the game that I love and have played for a very long time.

I have one part of the guide done so far and hope to have the rest done by the end of the week, I will post updates on the progress in this thread. If people are wanting a copy of it, post here or message me in game (manager ID 31763) and I will get you a copy of it once it is complete.

Anyway, thank you for reading this if you have made it this far and happy Tycooning to all!

• Upvote 13

sounds like wikipedia

it's easy enuff for new managers, has been for a while. how much easier does it gotta be? if it gets any easier, it will be stupid. i think people are wanting new users so bad that they're creating a problem that might not be there - "difficulty". of course, it's not super easy, that's half the fun...but between the wiki, trial vip, mentorship, alliances and any other random "let's make the game more worthless by telling everyone to do the same thing as everyone else" thread/guide, veteran managers might as well go and just play the damn game for them.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

sounds like wikipedia

it's easy enuff for new managers, has been for a while. how much easier does it gotta be? if it gets any easier, it will be stupid. i think people are wanting new users so bad that they're creating a problem that might not be there - "difficulty". of course, it's not super easy, that's half the fun...but between the wiki, trial vip, mentorship, alliances and any other random "let's make the game more worthless by telling everyone to do the same thing as everyone else" thread/guide, veteran managers might as well go and just play the damn game for them.

jbomb, this is just more of to put all the information in a single place, the noob section is not super organized nor is it easy to navigate to find the information you need. Lets be honest, very few players will continue this game if they start out poorly, as i stated at the very end, I believe this is something that could help managers out in the early stages and make it more likely for them to continue playing.

Also, while I can see where your coming from jbomb, I don't necessarily agree with you because what is implied from what you said, I didn't get any help and learned everything the hard way so everyone should have to do it that way. The problem is, it is not at 'easy' starting out as you say it is, how many managers actually get a mentor when they start playing? How many buy VIP and join alliances? How many actually go to the chat room where it is by far the easiest place to get needed information in a timely fashion. At least, that is how I read into your post jbomb. As I said I can see where your coming from I just don't agree with it.

This is just my opinion so it is what it is.

• Upvote 2

I think it's a solid idea.

It is VERY important for the game to be welcoming to brand new users and to make a solid first impression. That first week or two is when most people decide if they are going to stick with this game or move on. If they don't understand the most basic stuff in terms of training and sliders, they will get destroyed those first few weeks and likely quit. It's even worse if they get into an org that feeds them to can crushers. Stuff like that can be the difference between Mike getting $0 and getting $10-30.

• Upvote 1

I appreciate that Mike, I don't really want to post it anywhere due to the sheer length of the piece itself when its fully complete based on what I know. Plus, this way people can ask for which parts they want rather than having to search through the whole post (or sub posts) in order to find the information they want.

• Upvote 2

Id love to have one,i have no problem with this idea at all. For jbomb, i see your point,but also, most people(noobs) who arent going to be retained,arent going to look for this document and certainly wont read it if its a lengthy text anyway. Ive been here for 2 months reading everything i possibly can and dont expect to be as good as you guys for multiple real life years, this document probably wont change that. Certain things like owning an org seems intimidating without the experience, ive finally made 300k but have NO clue if one of my 2 goals would turn a profit (owning an org or emergency private jet service for a fee) i believe this document will provide an inside look without crashing your account or screwing up some established person's company.

Just a thought

Honestly, I haven't because I have almost no experience with doing content related work on a website. It would be a good idea though, however, I would still keep my own copy in case people want it in a easier format as far as how to navigate it.

• Upvote 1

sounds like wikipedia

I actually kind of agree with Jbomb. The great part about the game is that it is hard. Everyone wants to make it easy for some reason.

I like some of your ideas though. A guide giving tips to new guys on how to start like "find an alliance" "get a mentor" "where to go for helpful info" "using chat" is very cool.

I still think creating fighters, fight scouting, and slider settings should be a learn as you go thing though. But, I also know that it is only my opinion. I like digging into that kind of thing...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Being the occasionally dedicated bastard that I am, I finished up the guide today, at least the first complete draft of it. I will be sending those managers who have responded asking for a copy their copy shortly. Anyone else who wants a copy (or if mike wants to help me get it set up on the wiki) just post here or PM me in game and I will get you one.

• Upvote 1