Inury time (from 16 to 14)

verbalkint

Any chance max could be 14 instead of 16 so that everyone has the chance to fight in a 2 week rythm in tournaments? Would make things so much easier, this is always a topic/stumbling block which could be solved easily. I know those little fighter flaws are important for the game, but by the introduction of the "damage taken" thing there still is a malus attached to it... and it would benefit one of the most important parts of tycoon, the social/interactive area.

• Upvote 8

As someone that is going to be affected by fighting injured in a Touney - I'm actually going to disagree with this. Part of the strategy for selecting fighters to take place in Tournies is to ensure that they aren't injury prone and cop those 16 day injuries. I think also that if people organising Tournies are that worried about injury times then they should just schedule the fights to take place outside the 16 day period - if that means 1 round every 3 weeks or 1 round every floating 16 days.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Any chance max could be 14 instead of 16 so that everyone has the chance to fight in a 2 week rythm in tournaments? Would make things so much easier, this is always a topic/stumbling block which could be solved easily. I know those little fighter flaws are important for the game, but by the introduction of the "damage taken" thing there still is a malus attached to it... and it would benefit one of the most important parts of tycoon, the social/interactive area.

I agree. Good post

As someone that is going to be affected by fighting injured in a Touney - I'm actually going to disagree with this. Part of the strategy for selecting fighters to take place in Tournies is to ensure that they aren't injury prone and cop those 16 day injuries. I think also that if people organising Tournies are that worried about injury times then they should just schedule the fights to take place outside the 16 day period - if that means 1 round every 3 weeks or 1 round every floating 16 days.

But who is mainly affected? In 8 or 9 from 10 cases young fighters taking part in creation or title tournaments. And those young (/often "poor") orgs would have to leave the 1 event per week shedule (to go 16 days) which would hurt their ratings. Or leave saturday event slots for example.

I could have taken part in ITFL 1 with one of my guys, but he has a bad injury hidden. Was quite a letdown, i think the game benefits way more when active manager have easy access to such tournaments, but like i said in post 1, i think such flaws are necessary for the game in a way and i share your argumentation till some point. But there is the "damage taken" thing now which does the job in reference to the injury hidden... wtihout being a stumble stone for social stuff, so i really think it's about time to go to 14 days max.

Besides that, i think tournaments participants are in general competitive guys who are looking for a challenge and you just do them no favour when it comes down to injury gambling.

• Upvote 1

Isn't the point of a creation tournament to test how good a manager is at dealing with unknown hiddens and relying entirely on their slider abilities. Surely needing to deal with the chance that a fighter is still cut or injured is the ideal way to prove yourself or equalise the playing field.

Isn't the point of a creation tournament to test how good a manager is at dealing with unknown hiddens and relying entirely on their slider abilities. Surely needing to deal with the chance that a fighter is still cut or injured is the ideal way to prove yourself or equalise the playing field.

Basically i'm totally with you there, BUT the effect an injury has is really massive, so there is kinda no way to slider-fu yourself out of it (which would be cool). Still there were wins here and there sometimes, it's not that it never happened.

+1

The 2 week cap will make a huge difference for events. Another option is, have it capped at 14 days to begin with, but it could go beyond if that fighter has a lot of injuries in his career.

Agree completely. It would make a huge difference for planning.

I'd be fine with a poll on this also, but personally I agree with Stu. I like the 16 day max injury time just because it poses an extra challenge many times. Also, makes the injury hidden a much more important hidden because if you have a good injury hidden you can't fight more often. With good injury hidden, you can fight every other week at least but if you pull that unlucky 16 day injury for a broken hand on your opponents face hidden, you'll have to wait at least a 3rd week. And through let's say a 50 fight career, that extra week can add up.

Personally, I think training injured should have some effect on your training. But that's a story for another day.

I'd be fine with a poll on this also, but personally I agree with Stu. I like the 16 day max injury time just because it poses an extra challenge many times. Also, makes the injury hidden a much more important hidden because if you have a good injury hidden you can't fight more often. With good injury hidden, you can fight every other week at least but if you pull that unlucky 16 day injury for a broken hand on your opponents face hidden, you'll have to wait at least a 3rd week. And through let's say a 50 fight career, that extra week can add up.

Personally, I think training injured should have some effect on your training. But that's a story for another day.

The injury hidden will still kick in as the effects of injuries will push your 14 day limit later on. Then again i do see the point. It will make the injury hidden less important