The real deal with all that 2 companies talk

santa

I think the heat is gone now, and we can go back to have a discussion based on facts, rather than emotions. Everyone was talking and no one was trying to listen or even understanding, now we can go back to that.

Some people made valid complains, nobody can deny that, and mmatycoon came up with some solutions, but he did not cover the main reason, the ultimate reason why the people think it is unfair. Nobody did. People complained about the results, but not about the source.

Now, I think I can analyse the source of the problem as I have some solid Online gaming background (the whole sony station games), games where people evolved and got money, and use that money to evolve faster. And I did some political science studies which included some rationalism and commutarism theories, basicly community theories, and the best; i work for the taxe offices at the government :)

Now that is the problem here and in countless other online games: (I translate the points into terms that apply here)

1) people trade in playing time against reward (cash in some cases)

2) people trade those rewards in, so they can bypass the playing time needed to improve. (cash to get better stuff. cash to sell below market possibilities)

3) new people have to compete against this banked playing time rewards

It ain't the 2 companies, or 3 companies, it ain't the possibility to sell anything under market price. If you go right to the source, than this is the problem.

Now some narrow minded people brought up the capitalism argument. Let me tell you, you did not get the concept of capitalism. Capitalism was never thought to be in the pure form some people tend to sell it nowadays. You can't break it down to 3 simple sentences. If we had capitalisms way, a few transnational companies would dictate everything, and they would basicly put a loan on the whole world and let the next generations pay back that loan. (that's what a homo economicus would do)

(by the way, selling under profit margin is a crime, and building a monopol is a crime in capitalism. )

Games need a game mechanic that makes it increasingly harder to trade in the playing time rewards against advantages.

I thought about the simplest most realistic solution:

You could play government and regulate the cash flow. Set a simple line. If a manager, fighter, or company has more than this amount, he has to pay taxes or social fees. In numbers that hurt. (10% or stuff like that) This amount you could just destroy, or give to managers that drop under a certain line.

I think I don't need to explain mmatycoon every single advantage of such a changement. He knows more about game mechanics than I do, and could see everything that would be involved in such an improvement. But the richest would surely tend to pump more of their cash into the economy, so keeping the money flow alive.

And once such a tool would be implemented, you had the most realistic way to actively control the amount of cash that floods ingame.

Discuss, and stay open minded

oh shit, here we go again!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PITEiSwjxOs/SajQKuK6m2I/AAAAAAAABSg/wBhp16Z1vj4/s400/Gina%20Carano%20Maxim%20Spread.jpg

you must not get the joke. last post we starting posting hot chicks to calm people down. and im just preparing!

and i guess i was right. so you can just look at the above picture. and take deep breaths. lets keep this friendly shall we?

http://obamiconme.pastemagazine.com/entries/images/af/89/477417/original_image.gif

john... you sir, are way too emotionally involved. lol

Didn't Mike also state that we will all eventually be able to own two companies if we wanted too. Making this an unnecessary discussion that will only end up like the last one?

Now some narrow minded people brought up the capitalism argument.
Looks like you are still emotionally attached to this topic. If you weren't, you would have said "Some people brought up the......"

I understand what you are talking about and that you just want to make this game better and for that I give you props. But you have to remember, this game is still young and constantly evolving. Only Mike knows just where this game is going in terms of future enhancements and we'll just have to trust him on that. He hasn't disappointed thus far.

If there's something in here that's new someone let me know. Thanks.

What does it really matter if people have 2 companies before the rule took effect, so what...Heck most online games allow you to have as much as you want and as many accounts as you want and they do not give a rat's ass. If someone wants to put more time into the game let them. There fighter's might even be better in the long run because of it; however, the chances of you fighting one of there fighters is slim. If your a part time or someone who does not play as often, stick to the smaller org's where your fighter will fit in along with a bunch of similar level fighters. Those managers who put a ton of time into there fighters, money, etc will be fighting in the bigger org's with other similar manager's/fighters. Does having 2 companies give an advantage, yes it can, is it the biggest deal in the world...nope...

They just happened to get into the game at the right time and its not something that should be taken away. Most of these people tend to help support org's with large bonus' for fighters, rewards, sponsor's, etc so they are pumping money back into the game. And yes there fighters are getting an advantage so what, you can own one company and give fighters an advantage so that does not matter.

People get the freak over it, and let it go...just like people claiming there dad or brother or friend plays, wtf ever...but you do not see post' popping up all over about that. Have fun, manager your fighters, if your vip, enjoy the benefits, and most of all, its a GAME...its not an economic simulator and it does require a freaking degree to play..

Get over the 2 companies issue, let Mike worry about things he really needs to worry about, especially so he can get bookies out so he can go back to working on the fight engine=)

first off, MMAtycoon is awesome because the owner knows what hes doin. This issue has been looked at in every way possible by mr tycoon and everyone else.

If there is a problem by anyone it is most likely the competition factor. Almost all great fighters in MMA clearly state that the ONLY reason they compete is to be the best in the world and to compete with the best in the world.

Now, how can a guy decide to keep fighting if he knows the other guy already won and he has no chance? A company need the ability to compete. If there is absolutely no hope for them to be the best no matter how good they are or how hard they try then why do it?

This is not an opinion, its fact.

Eventually every fighter will retire. The best can only be the best for so long and then one day will be replaced by someone else.

I play with the thought of eventually having a fighter that is that someone else. And because this game is F'n fun!

Eventually every fighter will retire. The best can only be the best for so long and then one day will be replaced by someone else.

I play with the thought of eventually having a fighter that is that someone else. And because this game is F'n fun!

yea 3 years from now, this game is setup to be slow paced. Fighters won't decline for a long time. NOt complaining just saying,

yea 3 years from now, this game is setup to be slow paced. Fighters won't decline for a long time. NOt complaining just saying,

AND NOW THIS ARGUMENT AGAIN, TOO!?

:suicide_anim:

How long has it been since the last thread died/was closed? You REALLY think anything has settled? Ugh.

AND NOW THIS ARGUMENT AGAIN, TOO!?

:suicide_anim:

How long has it been since the last thread died/was closed? You REALLY think anything has settled? Ugh.

I can't believe he brought that shit up again. I don't get what's with all the people, who complain that YB Sol is so far ahead. No, he is not. Hell, make a fighter and put him in QFC all the time. If you're lucky and your fighter wins fast with no injuries and very little energy loss, you might catch him record-wise in like 2 months. Sure, you won't be anywhere close to him in hyp, cause you'll have fought noobs, while he fights top fighters. And your fighter won't have evolved one bit, but who cares. Do you think YB has too much time to evolve? He fights and rests, fights and rests.

I can't believe he brought that shit up again. I don't get what's with all the people, who complain that YB Sol is so far ahead. No, he is not. Hell, make a fighter and put him in QFC all the time. If you're lucky and your fighter wins fast with no injuries and very little energy loss, you might catch him record-wise in like 2 months. Sure, you won't be anywhere close to him in hyp, cause you'll have fought noobs, while he fights top fighters. And your fighter won't have evolved one bit, but who cares. Do you think YB has too much time to evolve? He fights and rests, fights and rests.

I didn't bring that up to state a debate on time, i was just saying. And I don't think anyone is to far ahead right now that they can't be caught. But a year from now is a different story, even 6 months from now. I personally think any game like this one that has a players lifespan more then a single year real life time is way to long. GoallineBlitz players only last a year then they decline and prolly give or take a year and few months you will want to retire and start new players.

I like this because it gives those on top plenty of time to remain on top while giving noobs a chance to get there while they are still interested in the game. Do you really think someone a year from now just finding this game is going to stay intersted in the game given his fighters won't be able to fight with the best for 2 years RL life time. HELL NO

Like cyberdunk I always wanted to get into that game but won't because I found it so late, there is no way I'm playing that now

I didn't bring that up to state a debate on time, i was just saying. And I don't think anyone is to far ahead right now that they can't be caught. But a year from now is a different story, even 6 months from now. I personally think any game like this one that has a players lifespan more then a single year real life time is way to long. GoallineBlitz players only last a year then they decline and prolly give or take a year and few months you will want to retire and start new players.

I like this because it gives those on top plenty of time to remain on top while giving noobs a chance to get there while they are still interested in the game. Do you really think someone a year from now just finding this game is going to stay intersted in the game given his fighters won't be able to fight with the best for 2 years RL life time. HELL NO

Like cyberdunk I always wanted to get into that game but won't because I found it so late, there is no way I'm playing that now

I don't know. If the fighter lifespan were decreased to year, which I hope won't happen too soon, the training will have to be drastically sped up. Although, a lot of fighters work out even 6 times a day. I read an interview with a Latvian MMA fighter (you won't know him, he's not too well-known. Hell, I've already forgotten his name and he is considered the best in the country. lol) and he said he had like 6 different types of practise every day.

Blah.......Do you really think someone a year from now just finding this game is going to stay intersted in the game given his fighters won't be able to fight with the best for 2 years RL life time. HELL NO.....Blah

You are forgetting that the better you get the harder it is to increase so it won't take people half as long to get close. Plus they will be training with double/triple elite trainers a lot sooner than we have and be able to spar with superior guys than have been available for the last 6 months.

PLUS tough tit. Apart from Brock people don't just arrive and go to the top, they pay their dues in 'smaller' orgs like rookies should and i can't see them getting in a huff because they aren't straight to number one if they enjoy the game like people do now.