Hopkins Athletics Fight Club Official Thread

billyhopkins

HFC 21 - Dominance

Hopkins Athletics Fight Club has gifted all fans of young up-and-coming fighters an opportunity to enjoy MMATycoon’s future stars with a full card set to go down at HFC 21 Dominance.

First we have the battle of the winless between 0-4 Sean Sean and 0-2 Samuel Rodriguez followed by the battle of the 50/50 fighters 1-1 “The instigator will take on 3-3 “Irokez” Jewtuszko. We have a few Tycoon debuts, one is “The beast” Hardy who will make it against Roger Scott and Dylan Mckay will begin his career against Anthony Ant. The Muay Thai artist Jorel Kulot will have a good advantage in grappling and disadvantage if grappling sends him to the ground against John lii’s brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. This card also offers Quinotaur Carri versus Nicolas McGarry and Andy Killer versus the Dark Side.

The 3-2 Joe Murry is a “set in his ways” BJJ-grappling fighter who has won all of his victories by submission. At HFC Bravest Warriors and Little Guys he was able to slap on tight submissions after scoring takedowns. In his most recent victory he scored a takedown an was like a burglar picking a lock attempting submits until one worked which proved him the victor.

He will take on “The Smiling Monkey” who is also 3-2 after suffering a brutal knockout at the hands of Dark Destroyer. The smile was wiped off the monkeys face after he was toppled to the canvas, the cocky and confident Destroyer taunted and waited for the monkey to return to his feet before sending him back down even harder ending his night. The Smiling Monkey was on a 3 fight win streak before his defeat and will look to regain his funk by attempting the tough task of landing good high kicks in this fight. Stand-up versus Ground fighting will decide the winner.

The Destroyer will try to carry the momentum gained from readjusting The smiling monkey’s face on to his next bout with Juju Jackson. He is now 4-2 with his only loss in HFC coming by the brown belt of Peter Stumpp where he was submitted very early on. An excellent rivalry has been created between Stumpp and Destroyer, as Stumpp lost in the first bout so I wouldn’t be surprised if both Stumpp & Destroyer won at HFC 21 and had a rubber match real soon. Juju Jackson will look to take his opponent to the ground or grapple and clinch frequently to use his Muay Thai advantage. Juju won his last fight using a similar strategy to take Andy Killer’s elite boxing advantage away. Juju is known for his iron chin which will be much necessary in this match with Destroyer.

Your HFC 21 fight of the night will be two of the most highly touted fighters in the organization,Peter Stumpp will take on Joe Kush. The werewolf of bedburg as stated earlier took a loss by knockout to the Dark Destroyer but aside from that, he has won EVERY other fight all by submission. He is an excellent takedown artist and will relentlessly attempt submissions until one sticks. In his last fight he tried 27 submissions before winning with the 28th. Frustrating to watch but hard to beat. Joe Kush is undefeated at 5-0 and has been working hard on his submission defense for this fight. At our interview, He said he would smoke 3 spliffs before getting into the cage and his kush smelled so good I doubt he will feel any submissions. For the first time pure kush may be considered a PED. He possesses knockout power from both hands amd if he can avoid being taken down, the werewolf will find himself in a world of hurt.

I cant wait for the excitement of this card, please join us all and check back for the results! To all readers, enjoy!

• Upvote 2

On November 16, 2013, HFC 21 - Dominance will Jim Jackson take the belt back to Manchester England and beat the champion Peter Stumpp. This is going to be a bar burner no dought about it!

Hopkins Athletics Fight Clubs has put together an exciting event set for this Saturday at HFC – 22 to follow up Dominance last week. Check the smack talk threads as Juju said he’s the guy everyone needs to watch out for.

Johnny Rocket and Bonanza Cartwright we square off in the battle of winless wonders and Paris Alexandros and Ricky Figuera will have a Muay Thai contest. Both Manong Emong brothers will get an opportunity to improve their record in the cage, 1 will take on Gray Vick and 2 will take on Gary Vines and also The hound Baskerville will look to outmuscle Rory Dino.

The 3-0 Nightmare Farmery is looking to extend his unbeaten streak again but it wont come easy for him as Ovlla Joikhaaja stands in his way, literally. Ovlla is I no form an excellent standup fighter, but he however has a strong advantage in the standup over Farmery. He is a fairly average striker who generally looks to take his opponents down and control the action but he most likely will avoid attempting many shooting takedowns to preserve energy. In his last fight he was in a similar situation as Mike pans scored all 9 of his takedowns against him and landed an insane amount of ground and pound strikes in the fight taking away the primary skills Ovlla possesses. Farmery will look to copy Pans success and get this fight to the ground immediately.

The incredibly balanced Oscar Lola has given himself a quick start to his career at 5-1 he has won 4 Quick Fight Championship fights and will look to use his extreme versatility to his advantage against Jobert Kulot. Kulot is lethal in the clinch. In his last fight, he pulled Eric Gregg into the clinch and Gregg was stuck like Kulot was using gorilla glue. Once he obtained great position in the clinch, he went APE, landing 40 of 56 knees 4 more punches while Gregg missed every strike attempted. Versatile or not, if Kulot can get a hold of anyone look for blood and possible concussions to ensue. For Lola, since he’s so versatile, if he can score a few takedowns and work hard on the ground he may neutralize the clinch skills of Kulot, but likewise, failure to get there will result in a failure of consciousness.

Julian Lahm and Will Powers will collide after coming off of recent victories. Powers attempted a takedown on Henry Baskerville immediately at the start, which was countered by a takedown. Powers got very slick with his ground game leading to an armbar submission in less than 2 minutes. Lahm scored a knockout with a crushing strike to the temple of Manong Emong I turning him as limp as noodle. He went for a few punch combinations which proved to be golden in setting up his KO. Both fighters will look to do what they did last fight to won, Lahm has a deafening boxing and striking advantage over Powers and if he keeps the fight standing he will certainly leave with a KO or points for a decision victory. Likewise, If Powers gets the fight to the ground he will surely search for extremities to crank, twist and turn for a submission.

The Co-Main event of the night will put two of HFC’s finest fighters to the test, Andy Barclay is coming off of his HFC Fight Night 4 Mini head kick KO of Sky Walker to take on another undefeated fighter by the name of Miles Fonta. Barclay improved his record to 6-0 with 6KO victories all with head kicks IN THE FIRST ROUND! If you get my point, im trying to relay a message. THIS GUY’S FEET ARE LETHAL! Fonta on the other hand is a great boxer and a decent ground fighter. Fonta won his latest fight against Darren Russell in convincing fashion blocking all but one of his 30 takedowns and landing a whopping 90% of 147 strikes. We literally watched Fonta turn Russell into a punching bag for 15 minutes. Fonta certainly will look to out-strike Barclay but he will need a lot more power to win this fight. If he can get it to the ground he will not have much resistance in scoring points, but if he is as aggressive as he was against Russell he may end up with a cauliflower ear endorsed by Barclay’s big toe.

And finally our 185lb title bout will bless us with HFC’s #5 ranked Mike Pans looking to stay unbeaten with a successful title defense and dispose of Marcus Tischer while displaying his brown belt in Brazilian jiu jitsu. Tischer loves to get in the clinch and strike away, especially throwing excessive elbows. The concern here is that Pans will turn a clinch into a takedown within seconds and pound away at his opponent until they quit. He doesn’t attempt submissions too heavily but inflicts maximum damage from the mount. I missed Tischer’s last fight because I went to warm up my Cinnamon Bun in the microwave, I warmed it for 20 seconds and in that time I found Gary Vines out cold in the cage. Tischer knocked him out so fast he didn’t break a sweat and almost got another fight on the same card. Despite that victory, I don’t think his stand up game is solid enough to beat Pans with his strikes. Pans has shown us he is an EXCELLENT takedown fighter and against Ovlla Joikhaaja he omce again exposed his Ground and Pound brilliance. Look for this title bout to be the epitome of the classic Stand-up vs Takedown battle.

Remember we can take all bets to Hopkins Bets and to all fight fans,ENJOY!

• Upvote 2

Hopkins Athletics Fight Clubs has put together an exciting event set for this Saturday at HFC – 22 to follow up Dominance last week. Check the smack talk threads as Juju said he’s the guy everyone needs to watch out for.

Johnny Rocket and Bonanza Cartwright we square off in the battle of winless wonders and Paris Alexandros and Ricky Figuera will have a Muay Thai contest. Both Manong Emong brothers will get an opportunity to improve their record in the cage, 1 will take on Gray Vick and 2 will take on Gary Vines and also The hound Baskerville will look to outmuscle Rory Dino.

The 3-0 Nightmare Farmery is looking to extend his unbeaten streak again but it wont come easy for him as Ovlla Joikhaaja stands in his way, literally. Ovlla is I no form an excellent standup fighter, but he however has a strong advantage in the standup over Farmery. He is a fairly average striker who generally looks to take his opponents down and control the action but he most likely will avoid attempting many shooting takedowns to preserve energy. In his last fight he was in a similar situation as Mike pans scored all 9 of his takedowns against him and landed an insane amount of ground and pound strikes in the fight taking away the primary skills Ovlla possesses. Farmery will look to copy Pans success and get this fight to the ground immediately.

The incredibly balanced Oscar Lola has given himself a quick start to his career at 5-1 he has won 4 Quick Fight Championship fights and will look to use his extreme versatility to his advantage against Jobert Kulot. Kulot is lethal in the clinch. In his last fight, he pulled Eric Gregg into the clinch and Gregg was stuck like Kulot was using gorilla glue. Once he obtained great position in the clinch, he went APE, landing 40 of 56 knees 4 more punches while Gregg missed every strike attempted. Versatile or not, if Kulot can get a hold of anyone look for blood and possible concussions to ensue. For Lola, since he’s so versatile, if he can score a few takedowns and work hard on the ground he may neutralize the clinch skills of Kulot, but likewise, failure to get there will result in a failure of consciousness.

Julian Lahm and Will Powers will collide after coming off of recent victories. Powers attempted a takedown on Henry Baskerville immediately at the start, which was countered by a takedown. Powers got very slick with his ground game leading to an armbar submission in less than 2 minutes. Lahm scored a knockout with a crushing strike to the temple of Manong Emong I turning him as limp as noodle. He went for a few punch combinations which proved to be golden in setting up his KO. Both fighters will look to do what they did last fight to won, Lahm has a deafening boxing and striking advantage over Powers and if he keeps the fight standing he will certainly leave with a KO or points for a decision victory. Likewise, If Powers gets the fight to the ground he will surely search for extremities to crank, twist and turn for a submission.

The Co-Main event of the night will put two of HFC’s finest fighters to the test, Andy Barclay is coming off of his HFC Fight Night 4 Mini head kick KO of Sky Walker to take on another undefeated fighter by the name of Miles Fonta. Barclay improved his record to 6-0 with 6KO victories all with head kicks IN THE FIRST ROUND! If you get my point, im trying to relay a message. THIS GUY’S FEET ARE LETHAL! Fonta on the other hand is a great boxer and a decent ground fighter. Fonta won his latest fight against Darren Russell in convincing fashion blocking all but one of his 30 takedowns and landing a whopping 90% of 147 strikes. We literally watched Fonta turn Russell into a punching bag for 15 minutes. Fonta certainly will look to out-strike Barclay but he will need a lot more power to win this fight. If he can get it to the ground he will not have much resistance in scoring points, but if he is as aggressive as he was against Russell he may end up with a cauliflower ear endorsed by Barclay’s big toe.

And finally our 185lb title bout will bless us with HFC’s #5 ranked Mike Pans looking to stay unbeaten with a successful title defense and dispose of Marcus Tischer while displaying his brown belt in Brazilian jiu jitsu. Tischer loves to get in the clinch and strike away, especially throwing excessive elbows. The concern here is that Pans will turn a clinch into a takedown within seconds and pound away at his opponent until they quit. He doesn’t attempt submissions too heavily but inflicts maximum damage from the mount. I missed Tischer’s last fight because I went to warm up my Cinnamon Bun in the microwave, I warmed it for 20 seconds and in that time I found Gary Vines out cold in the cage. Tischer knocked him out so fast he didn’t break a sweat and almost got another fight on the same card. Despite that victory, I don’t think his stand up game is solid enough to beat Pans with his strikes. Pans has shown us he is an EXCELLENT takedown fighter and against Ovlla Joikhaaja he omce again exposed his Ground and Pound brilliance. Look for this title bout to be the epitome of the classic Stand-up vs Takedown battle.

Remember we can take all bets to Hopkins Bets and to all fight fans,ENJOY!

Great Read man Keep it up!

Coming at you large and in charge, HFC 23 from The Underground in London will take place November 2nd 2013 where Hopkins Athletics Fight Club has put together another card of action.

Kick Punch will take on Seok Man Choi giving both fighters the opportunity to get their first victory outside of the QFC tournaments and fighting ring. Kick Punch reminds me a bit of Parappa The Rapper the Playstation game from the mid 90s where Parappa would rap about various things, one was about martial arts. “Kick! Punch! its all in the mind” The song had no lyrics about a ground game and likewise our contestant doesnt have one either. He is an excellent striker for sure but I wouldnt be shocked to see Seok Man Choi shoot for takedowns like a free safety trying to stop a touchdown to get this fight into his hands and show off his Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu advantage. Its been almost 2 months since Man Choi last won a fight so Kick Punch most likely will be receiving Man Choi's best.

Andre Ignition Jr and Sam Seed will produce a very similar Striker vs Ground Fighter war where two sub .500 fighters will look to turn their luck around. The Drunken Meister Sam Seed (3-4) won his first two fights showing off an impressive ground game before dropping 4 of his next 5 all by submission. Despite that fact, Seed still holds a major advantage in the ground game despite his poor luck on the ground. Andre Ignition Jr has been off to a slow start in his Tycoon career winning just 1 of 4 but he will look to change the spark plugs and turn the key again as he will get a good chance to show off his striking ability primarily his boxing. In his only win he defeated Abdul Malik Qadir TKO(Punches) after he landed a huge uppercut in the clinch giving him a win in impressive fashion. If he can land some major strikes and stay away from the ground, he might give his career what it needs to make a U-turn.

The 7-1 Augmented Assassin will take on Connor Freeman who bounced back against Ruskov after losing for the first time in his career. Connor dominated Ruskov in 3 rounds just about as much as a fighter can dominate without summoning a stoppage, winning by unanimous decision. To help yo get a better picture of what happened, Ruskov did not land ANY strikes, or takedowns at ALL while Connor landed 104 strikes and all 8 of his takedowns. This fight was so lopsided, it is rumored that Connor Freeman had a sparring session both before and after the fight and his sparring partners caused more him to sweat more than Ruskov did. The Augmented Assassin Yuya Shimizu (also the name of an attractive female fighter from WMMA3) will not be overtaken so easily. He was undefeated until his last loss that came in a title bout by decision at the hands of Christian Evansen. All fans who watched that fight are begging the managers and organization owner Billy Hopkins to give us a rematch as soon as possible. Shimizu ties together his Muay Thai and wrestling which usually proves to be a good combination. If he ramps up his action in the cage since his loss to Evansen this may end up being the fight of the year for Hopkins Athletics Fight Club.

Another exciting fighter making good progress is Archie Greenberg, a 4-0 striker who has finished every fight with a T(KO). Against Danny McDonald, Mario Guevara, Sonny Kulot and Bruce Lee, he was able to land a precise punch on each of them that dazed his opponent before sending them down for good. Greenberg has become an exciting fighter and HFC hopes to keep him in contract for a while especially since there aren’t many quality organizations out there as this one. Garry Powers will be in the cage to resist Archie. As an all around fighter it will be interesting to see how he gameplans for this fight, he is severely outmatched in boxing and he is giving up a slight advantage in wrestling. He makes up for these weaknesses in the ground game, his major concern with this fight is simply getting it to the ground, easier said than done. This slugger, Archie is known for not letting it get to the ground so the wildcard becomes the clinch. Whoever dominates the clinch whether it be strikes or takedowns, most likely will win this fight.

For the HFC 136lb title bout this evening will bring a monster from Sweden Killer Bunny Evansen to defend his title against Simon Simpson. Simpson has a 7-2 record and has impressed fight fans in tycoon early in his career only losing to the highly touted Denis Opal and Luigi Vampa(Retired) at his debut. He has won each of his fights by submissions exercising ground skills. He doesn’t really posses any major advantages over anyone he fights but he has a great chin, and is a very intelligent fighter. In my opinion I don’t think he stands a chance in the cage with Killer Bunny Evansen though. Evansan has the better Boxing game by a long shot, hes a better Muay Thai fighter and his specialty is grappling and ground fighting. He has won 8 MMA fights and only lost once, in the second round of the Tycoon World Grappling Tournament. Yuya Shimizu is the only fight able to withstand his submission attempts as he survived 30 of the before still losing in a close decision as mentioned earlier. Simpson is a good fighter but Evansen looks to one day be a star.

We also have Mario Guevara vs Miles Awsome, Danny McDonald vs Maxim Zavalishin, Hektor Alexandros vs Will Walken, Sonny Kulot vs Victor Ruskov, and Hanamichi Senju vs Eddie Newman!

Thank you all for reading, hope you enjoy HFC 23 and take bets to Hopkins Bets ASAP!

• Upvote 2

Welcome all fight fans to HFC’s Wednesday Fight Nights 6 where we have two title bouts and a laundry list of active battles prepared for our viewers. Sam Pickering and Jimmy Eater will start off our card of fights followed by Rocket Moon and Vinny Hopkins, then, Ronny Roist will take on Devon santos. Snake Shadow will square off with Harry Fidle and Ming Lee will take on Jaba Jabani.

Myung Kim is freakishly tall and found that to be his fall in his latest fight against Cassius Hunter as he had an Arm Triangle slapped on him and was forced to tap out before ending up with a major injury. He likewise also won two fights by submission leading us to believe that he will attempt to pull guard from the clinch and look to take advantage of his brown belt in his bout against Slatko Matic. Slatko is a similar fighter besides the height, in that he has lost and won by submission but he has exceptional striking skills. Not only is he a great striker but he will throw strikes relentlessly without fear, its rare you find fighters this aggressive early on in their careers. In his first fight he landed 80 strikes at high accuracy. This should be a freak show and an awesome brawl.

The boxer Yotsu Yotsuba is looking to start his career off with three straight victories after knocking out Manong Emong I and Hyung Shin without much of a struggle. It is said that he is extremely determined and will not quit when adversity gets tough but so far we have not seen that side of him because he is ALWAYS in control. He has heavy punches that send his opponents down and then he is so tenacious he continues to pound away at them as they are on the way down. The great runner Akhilleus is something like a kamikaze pilot, he goes for the kill without reguard of his own health and this has so far scored him two KO victories and two KO losses. He also destroyed Hyung Shin with a devastating knee followed with some heavy punches to ensure the knockout. This fight would be quite interesting if it got to the ground unfortunately I don’t see that happening. Akhilleus will look to keep it close and clinch while Yotsu will want to stay at a distance and pop strikes for a shot at a victory.

Chester Bone Crusher is coming off a loss to Aslak Joikhaaja after failing all of his submissions and was hit with an onslaught of strikes on the ground. He showed a good chin and conditioning but still fell short in a unanimous decision. He usually excels on the ground as he is the epitome of a sprawl and brawl boxer that is very capable of winning a fight striking or grappling. He will be taking on Josh Berzins who took his first loss by the hands of Harry Davies tightly wrapped around his arm looking to separate bone. Harry Davies shot in and took Berzins down and made him tap faster than you can sing your alphabet, I’m pretty sure we will get to see a rematch between these two fighters and I think it will be a different outcome. Before that unfortunate loss he built a 7-0 record 5 by submission and 2 by decision in which he also controlled the fights on the ground. These two fighters might start the fight laying down since they love to be on the ground and it will just be a matter of who can get the best position and who can lock their submissions the hardest in this exciting bout.

Aslak Joikhaaja and The Hitman Davies will give each other their best shot as they will fight as the co-main event of the night. Hitman is coming off a recent loss against Josh Berzins by submission which dropped his record to 6-3. He really wants to string together 3 fights in a row in hopes that might get him to jump out of the bunch of fighters crowded in the middle of HFC’s 170lb class. Joikhaaja has steadily improved and impressed as he has won 3 straight with his only loss of 6 matches coming from Dolor Pulchra by decision in which he got his revenge by winning the same way. Both fighters will look to win the fight on the ground as well but Joikhaaja has shown a better ground striking skill as that was his key to victory against Chester Man. I think Joikhaaja has the advantage on this one but as with any ground fighting battle, its anyone’s fight. This time it will be for a title.

The standup fighting Halo Aloha Ola will take on the ground fighting and undefeated Cassius Hunter for the 265lb HFC title. Against Mochi Takeru, Aloha was able to strike at will causing a huge gash on Takeru’s face in the first round so horrific that the doctor had to stop the fight and start sewing in stitches right in the middle of the cage. Aloha, like most of the fighters on this card won their fights by landing facially disruptive strikes from the ground. This fight will follow suit with all the rest as it will come down to what happens on the ground. In their first bout Hunter was able to lock an arm triangle for a victory and he will look to do the same here as he has become a better wrestler and submission artist. He has been on the high road to success with 4 straight victories all finishes and all submits. This will be an interesting fight and if Aloha could somehow keep the fight standing he might be able to give Hunter his first loss of his career, if not…. He might be in trouble.

Thank you all for reading and taking part of Hopkins Athletics FC and remember you can always put bets in at Hopkins Bets, to all… Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

http://i.imgur.com/Utoe7Nz.jpg

Joe Kush

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=214247

Can't wait to crush... um... what's his name... (long pause)... whatever. Im gonna crush him. Hey Billy... when do I fight? Just kidding I know it's next week. Or this week. I can't believe I lost to that chump Stumpp though... lazy punk-ass bitch just holding me down for five rounds. I was too high to get up! Everything was spinning! Can't wait to get a well-deserved rematch when I will deserve one and beat that punk. No disrespect though, Peter is a great fighter, very humble, but I could beat him anytime except last time. No excuses! But I was high!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/16/16w19.jpg

Peter Stumpp

Kush stop smoking that smack and let's do it again! That Jackson fella was really disappointment, I was hoping he could give some competition on ground, but... what a waste of time he was! Well, he's from Manchester so what u can expect? He propably drank last night afraid of the fight and here's the result...!!!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/26/26b14.jpg

"The Smiling Monkey" Long Yang

Well done to Joe Murry for avenging the loss. You were able to come back and catch me on the ground. But not to worry, I'm gonna keep smiling and i'll be smiling in the cage when i face JIM Jackson at HFC 31.

Better prepare yourself Jim, because I don't like losing and I refuse to lose 2 in a row.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/16/16b7.jpg

"Come on Waldo Lost (230251)!! Try and find the 'I want my Kundalini unlocked in my arse' button and let's get this show on the road homeboy! OK? Snake 'In The Eagle's' Shadow (219976) is up there already man, waiting yah!"~ Carlos Casteneda

Oh and I would LIke to make this announcement that the posters that we will be using will be for cancer awareness because my aunt recently died from breast cancer and now my friend got diagnosed with cancer in the blood. So basically this is for the people or people who knows anyone with cancer :weeping:

Stay strong and get well :ac8:

keep fighting :boxing:

This will all be better the new "twitter-like" system will be in place in game. It is a social game, but this is a forum. A lot of users don't like or just don't use forums at all.

On a side note, you can sign my fighter 224773 at 145 if you want :)

Edit: just saw your last post, so sad to hear. My condolences.

Oh and I would LIke to make this announcement that the posters that we will be using will be for cancer awareness because my aunt recently died from breast cancer and now my friend got diagnosed with cancer in the blood. So basically this is for the people or people who knows anyone with cancer :weeping:

Stay strong and get well :ac8:

keep fighting :boxing:

Damn...Like I said recently, bad shit keeps hunting good guys... :(

This will all be better the new "twitter-like" system will be in place in game. It is a social game, but this is a forum. A lot of users don't like or just don't use forums at all.

On a side note, you can sign my fighter 224773 at 145 if you want :)

Edit: just saw your last post, so sad to hear. My condolences.

contract sent and thanks