BEEF Montreal Smack Talk Thread

Scooby

Yeah... about that.... I dont want him to leave... i want Thornton vs Hero twice is what i want lol, Scooby Dana White is recruiting more than hes on the forums, the good fighters are locked up and getting messages before their contracts are even up because i want the competitive balance, the biggest thing i wanted to do when taking over is keep this org 210K when in my heart i wanted an open ID org

Letter to the matchmaker of this organisation:

Dear matchmaker,

I am writing to you to let you know that I want the winner of Ben Jones v Telesphoros Bullens for my next fight after I finish Fontuin. I have my fight on the 1st, this fight is on the main card as well, let me face the winner.

I'd like the fight to happen sometime in mid to late January depending on injuries. Please get back to me asap.

Best regards,

Ftyren

Yeah... about that.... I dont want him to leave... i want Thornton vs Hero twice is what i want lol, Scooby Dana White is recruiting more than hes on the forums, the good fighters are locked up and getting messages before their contracts are even up because i want the competitive balance, the biggest thing i wanted to do when taking over is keep this org 210K when in my heart i wanted an open ID org

I can see why you'd want that but as an org owner you have to make a choice on whether you want to stay ID-restricted or not, if the champ really doesn't want to face Thornton you shouldn't force him to but let Thornton go instead. If the champ or anyone else is willing to fight Thornton you can obviously keep him a little bit longer but I think you shouldn't keep him too long if you want to stay ID-restricted

• Downvote 3

I can see why you'd want that but as an org owner you have to make a choice on whether you want to stay ID-restricted or not, if the champ really doesn't want to face Thornton you shouldn't force him to but let Thornton go instead. If the champ or anyone else is willing to fight Thornton you can obviously keep him a little bit longer but I think you shouldn't keep him too long if you want to stay ID-restricted

You're confusing being a BEEF champion with being King Of The World. Becoming champion doesn't give you a free ticket to choose your challengers. There are rare instances where a champion is within right to decline a challenger, but "Oh, that guy is too good" is not one of them.

You're confusing being a BEEF champion with being King Of The World. Becoming champion doesn't give you a free ticket to choose your challengers. There are rare instances where a champion is within right to decline a challenger, but "Oh, that guy is too good" is not one of them.

Even as the world champ, why wouldnt you fight whoever youre dealt? Pacquaio refused a post fight drug test and look how the world sees mayweather.... 210k weightclass champ should be the best fighter in that class,i dont understand a different way to handle it so i agree with you... im not trying to fire one of my most hyped fighters, its impossible to move my org up and keep throwing money to everyone without gaining hype,i dont think many orgs just give away free money like this

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13884142376254.png

My ID # is 213957, It's a 210k org. Quin's a 230'er should i tell him to go to a 230k org?

Scooby spilling the beans on the big fight talk....c'mon man! It's should be crazy though.

You never know maybe if one of the fights was in NY that might help persuade me.

Even as the world champ, why wouldnt you fight whoever youre dealt? Pacquaio refused a post fight drug test and look how the world sees mayweather.... 210k weightclass champ should be the best fighter in that class,i dont understand a different way to handle it so i agree with you... im not trying to fire one of my most hyped fighters, its impossible to move my org up and keep throwing money to everyone without gaining hype,i dont think many orgs just give away free money like this

I didn't mean the world champ, I actually meant the imaginary title of King of The World :P

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13884142376254.png

My ID # is 213957, It's a 210k org. Quin's a 230'er should i tell him to go to a 230k org?

Scooby spilling the beans on the big fight talk....c'mon man! It's should be crazy though.

You never know maybe if one of the fights was in NY that might help persuade me.

Nice Avatar,im wanting to do a ny event soon....

I didn't mean the world champ, I actually meant the imaginary title of King of The World :P

I knew what you meant, i was giving an example because its bogus to me

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

maybe but I do feel you have the right as manager to refuse fights that you consider unfair, you could indeed argue that if you're the champ you should accept any challenger the org owner throws at you but that just a difference of opinion, in this case I don't consider it an unfair fight but the champ would clearly be the underdog

also I don't like the 3 negs, to clarify I'm just saying that after a while fighters outgrow an org and they should go to higher level orgs so that they can face actual competition and so that the lower level orgs can continue looking for new talent without having a beast that rules an entire weight class

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

maybe but I do feel you have the right as manager to refuse fights that you consider unfair, you could indeed argue that if you're the champ you should accept any challenger the org owner throws at you but that just a difference of opinion, in this case I don't consider it an unfair fight but the champ would clearly be the underdog

also I don't like the 3 negs, to clarify I'm just saying that after a while fighters outgrow an org and they should go to higher level orgs so that they can face actual competition and so that the lower level orgs can continue looking for new talent without having a beast that rules an entire weight class

Gave you +1 (not because I like your post, but because you shouldnt be negative for a post like this, it's your opinion)

But my opinion is, if you're champion and refusing fights, you should be stripped off the title. You can decline a fight, and ask for the fight to be pushed a week or 2 further, but declining a fight is ridiculous. It's an ID restricted org, if you're fighter isn't good enough to be the champ, he has to lose like a man, and get back into the contender's position.

• Upvote 3

I didnt neg you,but if all my best fighters kept leaving,how would i make money to run the org or give away like i do?

thanks for not negging me but you have to agree that the whole point of having ID-restricted orgs is to provide fair matches? And occasionally there will be fighters who will have grown to a higher skill level than the rest of their division at which point the org must let those fighters go so that the org can continue to provide fair matches and so that those fighters can move on to face more suitable opponents instead of picking on the weak so to speak

as I said before I'm not saying it is the case right now with Thornton because I do think it is a fair fight but I'm just saying if the champ doesn't want to face him I wouldn't force him to accept the fight because I do think he would be the underdog and if you aren't able to provide suitable opponents for Thornton you should think of letting him go so both fighter and org can move on

Gave you +1 (not because I like your post, but because you shouldnt be negative for a post like this, it's your opinion)

But my opinion is, if you're champion and refusing fights, you should be stripped off the title. You can decline a fight, and ask for the fight to be pushed a week or 2 further, but declining a fight is ridiculous. It's an ID restricted org, if you're fighter isn't good enough to be the champ, he has to lose like a man, and get back into the contender's position.

I see your point and maybe he should accept the fight because he is the champ but as I said before I feel that you have the right as manager to refuse fights that you consider unfair, I don't consider it an unfair fight but the champ would be the clear underdog. Best case scenario imo is to have Thornton face the champ, if he wins he moves on to another org where he can face more suitable opponents and if he loses he can have another go at the title but it would be just a matter of time before he has to move on

The strong will always dominate the weak, the ID restriction limits this, but not entirely, because there are private gym killers, experienced managers that will always gain an advantage. Thornton may well be a beast, he is from a camp that is best mates with Scottie Power and had his uber gym benefits. However, there are plenty other fighters and orgs like this. Thornton looks the cream of the crop and should fight for the title, if he wins then the roster has to try and beat him. To strip and eject him would be crazy for Scoobster and unnecessary. The champ should fight Thornton, simple, no more debate or you can call into question every ID restricted org out there. Thornton might fold against a banger like the champ, it's up to the champ who has a great boxing, heavy hands to see if Thornton is the real deal. So of the opinions regarding Thornton having to leave are ludicrous.

Incidentally I've an 18 year old who I would take on Thornton with but he fights in another org in Rio. He is regarded as a beast there and hasn't been asked to leave, it's up to the old boys to kick his ass.

• Upvote 2

The strong will always dominate the weak, the ID restriction limits this, but not entirely, because there are private gym killers, experienced managers that will always gain an advantage. Thornton may well be a beast, he is from a camp that is best mates with Scottie Power and had his uber gym benefits. However, there are plenty other fighters and orgs like this. Thornton looks the cream of the crop and should fight for the title, if he wins then the roster has to try and beat him. To strip and eject him would be crazy for Scoobster and unnecessary. The champ should fight Thornton, simple, no more debate or you can call into question every ID restricted org out there. Thornton might fold against a banger like the champ, it's up to the champ who has a great boxing, heavy hands to see if Thornton is the real deal. So of the opinions regarding Thornton having to leave are ludicrous.

Incidentally I've an 18 year old who I would take on Thornton with but he fights in another org in Rio. He is regarded as a beast there and hasn't been asked to leave, it's up to the old boys to kick his ass.

true but after a while the difference in skill just gets too big and when that is the case some fighters need to move on to face tougher competition

now to sum up I think all of us agree that Thornton should face the champ, what I'm saying is that after he beats the champ he will clearly have outgrown this org and therefore should face more suitable opponents in another org plus I also feel that should the champ keep declining the fight with Thornton it'd be best if Thornton moves on sooner rather than later

EDIT: or if he can't get anymore suitable opponents in this org

Edited by czwtb

Why let a guy fight for the title and strip him , it hurts the org. It's a 210k org, still just babies Thornton hasn't been tested. Even beating the champ doesn't mean he has it.

What you suggest hurts the org and probably means every young ID restricted org needs to move their champs on. Certainly that means 90% of Scottie's fighters having to leave their orgs.

Why let a guy fight for the title and strip him , it hurts the org. It's a 210k org, still just babies Thornton hasn't been tested. Even beating the champ doesn't mean he has it.

What you suggest hurts the org and probably means every young ID restricted org needs to move their champs on. Certainly that means 90% of Scottie's fighters having to leave their orgs.

in an ideal ID restricted org this should be the case imo but just because someone's a champ doesn't mean he should move on, and it almost never is a black and white case and this is no exception, as long as he can fight in "fair" fights he can stay and I put fair in quotation marks because that is subjective so it will depend on the org owner - Scooby - and the managers of his future opponents to decide that

Lol scottie has a bad rep apparently,but im trying to grow this org as fast as your fighters grow,i want to look at your fighters while putting them in the HOF and seeing "BEEF" on all of their fights as UFC fighters do. Not in a sense of slavery,but of mutual respect and satisfaction. Wether im top in the world or not it means a lot to be able to satisfy a manager's needs for a fighter for his entire career... Im trying to obtain that.

• Upvote 1

in an ideal ID restricted org this should be the case imo but just because someone's a champ doesn't mean he should move on, and it almost never is a black and white case and this is no exception, as long as he can fight in "fair" fights he can stay and I put fair in quotation marks because that is subjective so it will depend on the org owner - Scooby - and the managers of his future opponents to decide that

I'm a little tired so the first text I posted didn't really make sense, sorry for that

Lol scottie has a bad rep apparently,but im trying to grow this org as fast as your fighters grow,i want to look at your fighters while putting them in the HOF and seeing "BEEF" on all of their fights as UFC fighters do. Not in a sense of slavery,but of mutual respect and satisfaction. Wether im top in the world or not it means a lot to be able to satisfy a manager's needs for a fighter for his entire career... Im trying to obtain that.

I think that's pretty hard to accomplish with a ID-restricted org but who knows, it could work, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt

I love how winning fights gives people bad reps lol. Managers manage their guys to the best of their ability. Org owners try to find the best talent that fit within their org. All that has to been done is have guys show up and fight. The championship shouldn't be a revolving door. Not everyone gets a turn and can feel special and stare longingly at it in the dark while you do inappropriate things to yourself as your cat watches you. Thornton, Hero, & the top guys in the org may wind up in the "big leagues" one day. Or they can be exposed it happens. But having fighters leave an org because of this isn't what i believe to be a great thing for the org or the fighters

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If I don't finish Asif Fontuin in this fight on January 1st, I will retire from the sport of MMA. - Ftyren

It's not like I didn't say it. Took me 20 seconds. I landed one punch and he went night-night. Scooby Jr, I wanted the winner of Telesphoros vs Jones, so give me him.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=621332

I love how winning fights gives people bad reps lol. Managers manage their guys to the best of their ability. Org owners try to find the best talent that fit within their org. All that has to been done is have guys show up and fight. The championship shouldn't be a revolving door. Not everyone gets a turn and can feel special and stare longingly at it in the dark while you do inappropriate things to yourself as your cat watches you. Thornton, Hero, & the top guys in the org may wind up in the "big leagues" one day. Or they can be exposed it happens. But having fighters leave an org because of this isn't what i believe to be a great thing for the org or the fighters

the whole point of having ID-restricted orgs is to provide fair matches, once a fighter gets to a certain skill level he won't be able to get fair matches anymore because the rest of the division is full of lesser skilled fighters, when that happens it's only natural that fighter and org part ways and having a few higher skilled fighters at the top of a division can give them some more time in that org but eventually they should move on too

the title can be a great way to find out when certain fighters outgrow an org but it is by no means the only thing you should look at

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Letter to the matchmaker of this organisation:

Dear matchmaker,

I am writing to you to let you know that I want the winner of Ben Jones v Telesphoros Bullens for my next fight after I finish Fontuin. I have my fight on the 1st, this fight is on the main card as well, let me face the winner.

I'd like the fight to happen sometime in mid to late January depending on injuries. Please get back to me asap.

Best regards,

Ftyren

Ben jones has been fired