BEEF Montreal Smack Talk Thread

Scooby

The magic begins when the matchmaker starts trying to book these "fair fights". The project fighter will almost always be ranked very low, much lower than a fighter with similar stats (hiddens aside) would normally be ranked.

So the matchmaker is left with two absolutely fun options:

1) The lower ranked guys don't want to fight him because they are generally at a huge skill disadvantage.

2) The higher ranked guys -- the ones that usually can match up stats wise with the project -- don't want to fight him because they have nothing to gain by beating the much lower ranked project and will lose a lot of prestige if they lose to the him. Also, the project fighter has another telling advantage over the non project: it's damn near impossible to scout them early on, but the project's manager will have plenty of info on his opponents.

It is of course a small problem for the matchmakers because it is their job to give people fair fights but it is imo a necessity to have prospects in an id restricted org so lower ranked prospects can get a better ranking and go to a more suitable org and that gives the non project fighters a realistic view of how good they are against similar opponents

This might seem like a disadvantage for the others but as long as the fighters are similar (by which I mean in rank and primary skills) it should be considered a fair fight. That doesn't mean the non prospect will definitely lose, they will be the underdog against the project but by no means does that mean they will lose

that's just my opinion though

I had a fair few beastly projects in my old ID org, literally with 0 fights to their name and all I could do was match them up with the very low skilled noobs at the bottom of the division so they could face the top level guys of the division. Those were not proud moments but as an org owner obviously you want very talented fighters in your org but at the same time want to dish out fair fights.. its a tough call as an org owner but at the end of the day the owner wants to make his org the best he can with a solid roster so I personally don't blame an owner for trying to keep a project in his org!

PS Sorry Scooby for derailing the shit out of this thread.. lets all get back on topic shall we haha

Smack talk from my fighters: Fuck you all, we are the best!

• Upvote 1

It is of course a small problem for the matchmakers because it is their job to give people fair fights but it is imo a necessity to have prospects in an id restricted org so lower ranked prospects can get a better ranking and go to a more suitable org and that gives the non project fighters a realistic view of how good they are against similar opponents

This might seem like a disadvantage for the others but as long as the fighters are similar (by which I mean in rank and primary skills) it should be considered a fair fight. That doesn't mean the non prospect will definitely lose, they will be the underdog against the project but by no means does that mean they will lose

that's just my opinion though

Not trying to be argumentive, but this is exactly my point: project fighters make it extremely difficult for matchmakers because the rank and primaries of their early opponents generally don't match (which if I'm reading correctly, you agree would not be criterion for a fair fight). I would consider this to be a huge problem for matchmakers.

Imo, in an idea Tycoon world, we would all just scrap whenever an evenly matched fight presented itself, but that decline button is a mofo :shades:

Completely derailed my shit :suicide_anim: Lol

But honestly i cant really keep a project fighter as much as i need to have some, nobody wants to fight them why keep him in slavery waiting for inactivity with rejected fights while hes continually getting better and not fighting? Maybe skill gains with fights will fix this...

in the mean time,i want shit talk in this thread lol get it right!

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p742/kevinfurlotte/MMA%20Tycoon/Ricky-White_zpsc049dc12.jpg

Ricky "The Bear" White (2-2-0)

160lbs (Lightweight)

"Having a great training camp right now, in preparation for my first against Trevor Godsey this weekend.

Just wanted to say that I'm excited for the fight, and I hope that Godsey will come in the cage at 100% to face me. Looking forward to the fight, should be a great fight between two wrestlers!"

• Upvote 1

back to smacktalking! I do hope Pettis is bringing his A game for Hayne's first title defense. He's going to show Pettis why Pettis' best version ain't good enough to become a champion!

Lightweights, meet your new champion.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/43/43b10.jpg

Mo Fealy doesn't care what the rest of the division looks like, "I'm here to win, plain and simple, in an ID restricted org, nobody can beat me. When I'm through wrecking my first victim, I'll keep on moving through your ranks, like a land shark, picking you off one by one."

Tough words from a tough guy. Look for Fealy to make a big splash.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/22/22w22.jpg

Tom Quin

@Keisuke Miyagi: you think I'm all talk? Are you kidding me? I just had my first fight and I hit him so hard his kids will be born dizzy! You know what just shut the hell up. If my pants aren't at my ankles, don't open your mouth! Seriously if I want your stupid opinion, I'll beat it out of you!

• Upvote 1