Did Chael Sonnen become a Jobber ?

jacky67

Sonnen has been overperforming on a couple of occurences, but he's still a damn good fighter, and that loss didn't make me question that fact. Evans is simply a beast whe he's on.

But Chael has always been driven by the will to be a champ... now that everybody knows (him included) that he won't fight for a title again, i don't see him sticking around for long, especially since he has secured himself a job on the Fox and FS broadcasts among other things. My guess is he'll retired after the Wand fight, or the one after that.

My guess is he'll retired after the Wand fight, or the one after that.

I don't think so. He will be fighting for.the UFC for next two or three years. But in my opinion it will be only one time a year and only in some sort of superfights with old stars.

To me Sonnen has always been the strangest combination of agressive fighter and puss (sorry if that offends anyone, i like him so im not a hater just an observation). Those two are not usually combined in combat sports. He is uber aggressive and usually goes right after his opponents, but the second he gets into any kind of trouble he folds up like a tent.

I think with him its all about confidence. When he thinks he can win, he fights like a very good fighter (anderson, stann, and shogun) and when he doesnt he mails it in (rashad and jon jones).

I would bet almost anything that when he fights Wandy he looks like the good fighter again because he thinks he can win that one.

I think that is an accurate account of what i wanted to say. I see him like a Lesnar in certain sense. He goes in strong, tried to take you down, but if he does not he will fold pretty fast when hit. He is very one dimensional and predictable.

When he comes in with determination he can be pretty good though. I feel he should stick to what he is best at, which is hyping fights.

^ that's definitely a fight I'd love to watch. I think Lyoto said on twitter at some point he could handle Sonnen with one arm (Lyoto had an arm injured then) so there is some bad blood there.

About the Wand fight, there will certainly be an online butthurt fanbase after this fight... anyone knows whether or not this will happen at 205?

Exactly what i was going to say.

To me Sonnen has always been the strangest combination of agressive fighter and puss (sorry if that offends anyone, i like him so im not a hater just an observation). Those two are not usually combined in combat sports. He is uber aggressive and usually goes right after his opponents, but the second he gets into any kind of trouble he folds up like a tent.

I think with him its all about confidence. When he thinks he can win, he fights like a very good fighter (anderson, stann, and shogun) and when he doesnt he mails it in (rashad and jon jones).

I would bet almost anything that when he fights Wandy he looks like the good fighter again because he thinks he can win that one.

You're wrong if you think that Sonnen is a jobber. He'll never be a champ again, we know that, but just look at who he fights! This guy is taking the best guys in his division! Silva, Jones, Shogun, Evans!!!! God damnit they're all champions or have been champions. Put him against an average guy like Bader or Feijao at 205, and he will destroy them, period.

By the way I think he's going to dominate Wanderlei, not easy, but he will.

Sonnen has never been a Top Fighter

Hes a mediocre fighter with a Big mouth (He cant back up anything he says and hes no gangster either)

+ Hes a snitch

+ He involved his own mother when he was doing these tax frauds

+ Hes ugly

I've never understood why you call him and Jon Jones snitches. Could you fill me in?

LOL he wont beat Wanderlei

First of all Sonnen is using TRT (Cheating) and without that he couldnt even beat himself

Second yes Wand is not what he used to be but this is personal for him and he wants to kick Sonnens ass for his entire nation

You wanna bet on Chael vs Wanderlei? I'll put 250K for Chael or whatever you can afford.