Expand "Allow Opponent Takedowns"

Takedowns and counters are being discussed a lot right now, so I figured I'd throw this out there...

If we select "allow opponent takedowns", I think the takedown should be much more likely to end up in guard than it would have otherwise. It seems analogous to pulling guard and may already be implemented, but I haven't seen any evidence one way or the other.

Also...I'm not sure how it would work exactly, but it would be cool if allowing takedowns gave you a chance to counter/sweep immediately. (kind of like what Korean Zombie did to Dustin Poirier or Anderson Silva did to Nate Marquardt) or lock in a sub immediately since you often see fighters accept and/or counter takedowns while attempting guillotines, kimuras, etc.

• Upvote 9

• 4 months later...

I actually think allow take downs should come with an additional slider. Maybe I want to allow some takedowns, not all takedowns.

I agree, adapting to a good point. to allow, is to absorb and counter.

Honestly, anything that would help to fight counter TDs will be great. Add guillotine as a TD counter - and it will be way more risky to spam counter TDs - especially if that guillotine would be more likely to finish a fight than normal subs on the ground