No Negative Votes

Viking

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to be able to give/get negative votes?

• Yes
    • No

-3 already even if I put up a poll you haters could have just voted instead of negging me ...

Deaddisney - Me?

My last 550 posts Im +30 Alright son so there is no reason for anyone to have patience with me ... Now run along

That's your main problem Castors.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

No my problem is that some haters are negging my posts even if they are very good (the posts, not the haters)

That always happens bud. Sometimes it's the tone you speak in which may get people to -1 you.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

-3 already even if I put up a poll you haters could have just voted instead of negging me ...

Deaddisney - Me?

My last 550 posts Im +30 Alright son so there is no reason for anyone to have patience with me ... Now run along

I very, very seldom neg you, mostly because I believe you want to be negged. Btw, I gave you a plus one.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I very, very seldom neg you, mostly because I believe you want to be negged. Btw, I gave you a plus one.

I dont want to be negged and especially now since I lose 2 credits for every negged post (cost me 44 credits this week)

EDIT: Thats a potential Jet plane right there

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I dont want to be negged and especially now since I lose 2 credits for every negged post (cost me 44 credits this week)

EDIT: Thats a potential Jet plane right there

That's your other problem, you make it painfully obvious that you spam posts for spin and win credits.

• Upvote 1

Having a down vote option is an incredibly valuable tool and something which is conceptually significant from the perspective of an online community.

Take Facebook for example. You can only like something on Facebook. You cannot actively dislike something. You can only passively refuse to like something. This creates a total distortion of reality and allows for things which would have generated massive amounts of opposition, to run away unchecked on hype trains for the stupid.

If you were going to take away the negative votes, you would have to take away the positive votes. Otherwise I feel like you would be forcing more vitriol and anger into the posts themselves as people try to balance the system the only way left available to them.

• Upvote 2

Having a down vote option is an incredibly valuable tool and something which is conceptually significant from the perspective of an online community.

Take Facebook for example. You can only like something on Facebook. You cannot actively dislike something. You can only passively refuse to like something. This creates a total distortion of reality and allows for things which would have generated massive amounts of opposition, to run away unchecked on hype trains for the stupid.

If you were going to take away the negative votes, you would have to take away the positive votes. Otherwise I feel like you would be forcing more vitriol and anger into the posts themselves as people try to balance the system the only way left available to them.

:graduated: 100% agreed.