Confidence Re-Programmed

Rambo

For years I've heard people call for Sports psychologist, therapist, and magic clothes... but I think confidence needs to be re-programmed.

I think confidence should gradually increase (and decrease) with win streaks (losing streaks) and success (failure) in the cage. After they lose, or if they lose embarrassingly (huge hype difference, skill difference, or finish) then it resets back to it's base value after the loss. Hit a losing streak and the confidence starts to wear down. Don't need to explain it any more thoroughly because it makes sense. Momentum in sports is huge. Any fighter riding a 10 fight win streak is going to be more confident than he was before the streak or after a loss or a few losses.

• Upvote 15

i agree, me and mike talked about this some time back -- you have a fighter with low confidence but yet is say 16 and 0 with 14 ko's -- no way should he longer have low confidence or at least as low as none -- i like the idea of confidence slowly gaining per win and slowly dropping with loses

i agree, me and mike talked about this some time back -- you have a fighter with low confidence but yet is say 16 and 0 with 14 ko's -- no way should he longer have low confidence or at least as low as none -- i like the idea of confidence slowly gaining per win and slowly dropping with loses

I'm completely fine with it resetting after the fight. Say your guy rolled a 10 out of 150 on his confidence roll. He wins 10 fights in a row and gains +5 per win. Going into that 11th fight he's rocking a 60 confidence, he loses, it resets to 10. Would be better than how it's set up now.

I make this suggestion without any consideration on how difficult it would be to program and code.

Good idea. I think the skill and/or hype disparity between the fighters together with method of winning/losing should also effect how confidence changes after the fight. But this whole think could be quite laborious to program, and if the effect of confidence is not that small in the fight engine then it could be somewhat waste of time.

For years I've heard people call for Sports psychologist, therapist, and magic clothes... but I think confidence needs to be re-programmed.

I think confidence should gradually increase (and decrease) with win streaks (losing streaks) and success (failure) in the cage. After they lose, or if they lose embarrassingly (huge hype difference, skill difference, or finish) then it resets back to it's base value after the loss. Hit a losing streak and the confidence starts to wear down. Don't need to explain it any more thoroughly because it makes sense. Momentum in sports is huge. Any fighter riding a 10 fight win streak is going to be more confident than he was before the streak or after a loss or a few losses.

Yeh it definitely makes sense to me and just to expand on it a little, perhaps a fighter with a high confidence hidden wouldn't lose his base value quite so quickly when going into a losing streak, maybe they'd need to lose something like 4 in a row before it start's decreasing, where as someone with average confidence may start to decline after losing 2.

• Upvote 1

Yeh it definitely makes sense to me and just to expand on it a little, perhaps a fighter with a high confidence hidden wouldn't lose his base value quite so quickly when going into a losing streak, maybe they'd need to lose something like 4 in a row before it start's decreasing, where as someone with average confidence may start to decline after losing 2.

Yeah that makes sense.

I'm completely fine with it resetting after the fight. Say your guy rolled a 10 out of 150 on his confidence roll. He wins 10 fights in a row and gains +5 per win. Going into that 11th fight he's rocking a 60 confidence, he loses, it resets to 10. Would be better than how it's set up now.

I make this suggestion without any consideration on how difficult it would be to program and code.

As long as it's something that doesn't stay up forever I think it's a decent idea. While the word is confidence and morale, it's functionality is really how much your fighter likes to take a hit. If it wen't up for wins it's something that can be easily bumped up by can crushing and I think it's a hidden that makes the game challenging.

When I fought Diggler those couple of times I knew he didn't have a lick of confidence so I would come out aggressive and try to get him to curl up into a ball early to make up for my disadvantage in sills and power. It worked once and failed twice but it was my only way to win. I honestly think this thread stems from and gained popularity because we've all had that fighter that we groomed up and thought was gonna be a stud, only to find out that he can't take a punch once the going gets tough.

It sucks, but I don't think it should be tweaked or removed. It's one thing to be confident outside the cage, but another to be confident while getting punched in the mouth.

As long as it's something that doesn't stay up forever I think it's a decent idea. While the word is confidence and morale, it's functionality is really how much your fighter likes to take a hit. If it wen't up for wins it's something that can be easily bumped up by can crushing and I think it's a hidden that makes the game challenging.

When I fought Diggler those couple of times I knew he didn't have a lick of confidence so I would come out aggressive and try to get him to curl up into a ball early to make up for my disadvantage in sills and power. It worked once and failed twice but it was my only way to win. I honestly think this thread stems from and gained popularity because we've all had that fighter that we groomed up and thought was gonna be a stud, only to find out that he can't take a punch once the going gets tough.

It sucks, but I don't think it should be tweaked or removed. It's one thing to be confident outside the cage, but another to be confident while getting punched in the mouth.

It couldn't be something that was permanent.

Great idea, for sure. Anything that elaborates on hiddens would be a good addition. There also might be less fighters with Granite Chin's if we balance out the impact of all the hiddens. It would add diversity to fighters, and the game in general.

It might be difficult, and time consuming to program in the game engine though.