Writer of the Year 2013

Eveas

Writer of the Year 2013  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best Writer of the Year 2013?

This happens every year in the awards, not sure why anyone is surprised by this lol

This is why I just laughed at the org mail sent out by GAMMA which even told you who to vote for in each category lol

I was close to vote all their proposals looking at the immense time someone must have put in it, that was the mother of all award mails... and i got plenty. :blink:

Edit: in general this year's vote had not that much of drama though. Scooby is a friendly fella but yeah, this one here not so cool. I see people want to do their buddy a favour, but gotta question themselves if this really is one.

I didnt know i had those votes untill i voted for Listerman and Styles,i did, however think i have done some nice work since i wrote for 4 orgs and did many interviews,was in the times quite frequently as well, but im not a fan of being a conspiracy guy on either end of the spectrum,so you guys can fix this the way you feel Lol it wouldnt hurt me much, im much more focused on making friends here

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Fuse is old school, but has Scooby or James got any posts from the 1st quarter of the year? I'm not knocking their work, both are enthusiastic guys, but sustained writing for the year and going back further than that should be the pre requisite.

I get the impression that like fighting sport per say, finish the round / year strong and you will impress the judges.

This issue is completely separate from alliance power which unfortunately make the awards non sensical.

Do anybody still have it? lol I wanted to see it

It is that time of the year and the 2013 awards are up! For the past 4 years GAMMA has avoided “self promotion”, however it has come to my attention that most orgs in the game actively promote their own nominations, so this year i have decided to do that same. I made a list of all the GAMMA nominations below. I would highly appreciate if you would support our own nominations.

Note: You can pick more than one option in each poll, so you do not need to exclusively pick only the GAMMA nomination.

i haven't posted all the categories but any that Mentor, GAMMA or any fighters are in thats who was put down to vote for.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showforum=31 Hey guys don't forget to go vote for your favorite Org, Clothing company, Supps company, Fighter or whatever else you want to vote on. We won't ask you like some other orgs to vote for ''OUR'' guys, Just vote who you think deserves it or go vote for your friend or alliance lol. Thanks for your time and good luck with it.

Another one i got,

Hey guys, it is my great honor to announce that Fallen Champions has been nominate for best new org of the year! The polls are now open so you can vote for all your favorite awards, and hopefully your cast your vote for us. There are a lot of good orgs in the running, so I don't know if we will win but just the fact that we are in the running means a lot to me! Thanks guys as I couldn't have done it with out you, and I hope we have an even better 2014! Jonah

And another

All, please go vote for your favorite and fellow managers. There are several awards where managers and fighters are nomiated for so id like to congratulate them. So go vote as it counts!

And another

These are the orgs i am in that sent these, so if i missed any out such as Steel Penn, HWP, Ascension etc it is because i am not in them.

Fuse is old school, but has Scooby or James got any posts from the 1st quarter of the year? I'm not knocking their work, both are enthusiastic guys, but sustained writing for the year and going back further than that should be the pre requisite.

I get the impression that like fighting sport per say, finish the round / year strong and you will impress the judges.

This issue is completely separate from alliance power which unfortunately make the awards non sensical.

This is what made me vote for james and styles,i wrote for only 6 months and im sure most of my forum posts were read rather than my actual work lol,i can tell by the amount of views or lack thereof.

We at the Gentlemanly Scholars Alliance stand for honesty, integrity, decency (though Butch has his moments pre-Whitey) and everything good in this world.

If anyone needs our votes, just get in touch, for the right price we are YOURS.

LOL just.... lol

Btw.... am i even popular enough to win a popularity contest? Lmao imo everyone in this contest is more popular than me,when this vote is done my current slight advantage in votes will be a shot in the dark,but this sounds pretty serious lol

Guys, I analyzed the votes, because I wanted to see if there are significant differences between the forum users. I'm not saying it means everything, but I'm seriously questioning the idea that people with less then 10 posts (or even 50 posts) should be considered in a vote

http://i.imgur.com/KDqI7nZ.png

• Upvote 3

I feel bad for the people that actually deserve to win these awards when they get fucked over by big alliances and possible multis.

Whats the fun in winning something when you dont deserve it? It just takes the fun and prestige out of these awards.

Edit: I should add that I have nothing against Scooby and that my statement is directed to pretty much all the awards not just this one.

Guys, I analyzed the votes, because I wanted to see if there are significant differences between the forum users. I'm not saying it means everything, but I'm seriously questioning the idea that people with less then 10 posts (or even 50 posts) should be considered in a vote

http://i.imgur.com/KDqI7nZ.png

Just to be clear, i have nothing against Scooby, in fact im big fan of his job with BEEF.

About the idea, would help a lot with the multi votes problem and inactive guys who dont play often just voting because of a mass message without know any of other players work.

Sounds like a good ideas to discuss next year.

I feel bad for the people that actually deserve to win these awards when they get fucked over by big alliances and possible multis.

Whats the fun in winning something when you dont deserve it? It just takes the fun and prestige out of these awards.

Edit: I should add that I have nothing against Scooby and that my statement is directed to pretty much all the awards not just this one.

This is very important to say, I didn't say it, but needs to be said. I consider Scooby an friend in this game and don't think he has done anything wrong.

I suspect, considering he has a new player organisation like me, he sent out a mail asking them to vote, which is allowed

. My question is not if it's wrong, I question the idea that people who hardly ever posted on the forum should be allowed to vote...

I question the idea that people who hardly ever posted on the forum should be allowed to vote...

You have to consider that there are many active veteran managers who play this game, that are not active in this forum. Eliminating their chance to vote wouldn't be cool thing to do either.

LOL although nobody is against me personally, there's an outrage that... well... i have the most votes (currently) lol sugarcoat it any way you'd like to, the end result is still against scoob. I dont really see this discussion in any other thread, so it is equally unfair when someone actually did give a great deal of effort writing (ive been here 6 months and my newborn daughter has been alive for 3.5 so this was a busy ass time for me, for all you people who know how to write and feed a baby a bottle at the same time) and because im in a big alliance that may have had "multis" years before i even joined the game, its illogical to say i has a chance at the award LOL, its not possible that i wrote for HFC, ICON, TTFC, HWP, BEEF and did roleplay/interviews and a few fighter bios, like Willy Stoppers, for example and the people who were written about actually liked it.

The bigger issue, is.... lets say we made a rule, no voting for fellow alliance mates (probably a rule that will only apply to steel penn), no whitebelt votes, no new user votes and no votes from guys who write for highly populated orgs, the problem that still occurs is, after i voted for Styles and Listerman out of PURE ENJOYMENT of reading their work, i realized that JBOMB and Sean had high votes, and read their work for the FIRST time and it was effin awesome.

Some people on this list havent read everyone's work and vote, AS I DID,likewise i bet some people are blowing their horns against me and never read my work as well.

Most SteelPenn nominated guys are new and genuinely love this game anyways,we werent even on this site yet when stuff happened yet you can search "multi" or "puppet" and all of our threads come up.... that aint fair

Next time,instead of opening nominations just have some mods or good ole boys put the nominations together with one or two people to vote for and then let us vote LOL it'll be just like any All-Star/Pro Bowl voting setup

But seriously, let the past go and stop acting like EVERYONE in the SP alliance banged your wife and left you to raise our twins

• Upvote 1

That is crazy, anyone should be allowed to vote.

Not a cool idea at all.

I have a good idea, lets say we just play this game and try to be tycoons while having fun.

You have to consider that there are many active veteran managers who play this game, that are not active in this forum. Eliminating their chance to vote wouldn't be cool thing to do either.

If you really think this happens a lot, I can research that.... But I think we both know that that will be a small minority....

@scooby: In this category i came up with the idea and chose 5 other categories to check if this happened in every category. It didn't so thats at least a bit strange, statistically speaking....

@scooby: In this category i came up with the idea and chose 5 other categories to check if this happened in every category. It didn't so thats at least a bit strange, statistically speaking....

I mean, thats common sense it would happen, its not really strange, everyday i check my pms and i get one of these

http://s3.amazonaws.com/static.texastribune.org/media/images/20101018-DSC_9748_jpg_800x1000_q100.jpg

I actually didnt ask people to vote for me, in fact i just received another... its NORMAL! everyones trying to be prom king what do you expect LOL

If you really think this happens a lot, I can research that.... But I think we both know that that will be a small minority....

Well, just look at my alliance. A lot of the guys have played since 2009-2010 but there is only few of us who are active in the forums. So why shouldn't a guy who has played this game for years and fights at the highest level of competition wouldn't been allowed to vote, just because he is not active in the forums?

• Upvote 2

Well, just look at my alliance. A lot of the guys have played since 2009-2010 but there is only few of us who are active in the forums. So why shouldn't a guy who has played this game for years and fights at the highest level of competition wouldn't been allowed to vote, just because he is not active in the forums?

Thats easily fixed, either by saying everyone who's been here less then 3 months and has less then 10/20 posts cant vote. Everyone else can....

I mean, thats common sense it would happen, its not really strange, everyday i check my pms and i get one of these

http://s3.amazonaws.com/static.texastribune.org/media/images/20101018-DSC_9748_jpg_800x1000_q100.jpg

I actually didnt ask people to vote for me, in fact i just received another... its NORMAL! everyones trying to be prom king what do you expect LOL

hehe,

perhaps thats something american then... im not sure i received any, lol

American? Are we the only ones who hold public elections for private voting? Or is your country an open public vote for all to see?