Should i be allowed to re-open my closed org???

ManicE3

75 members have voted

1. 1. Should Troid be allowed to re-open in London?

• Yeah, there is no harm in this
    • No, you closed it start over

Have nt read all this. But troid was a great org.

If for some reason your not allowed to re open it I'm sure you will gain hype and get qaulity fighters back there pretty sharpish mate. Question everyone needs to ask you gonna stay about for a while. Hope you do mate as we have. Good history. Hope your keeping well also mate. Drop me a pm

• Upvote 1

Let me elaborate why I'm against it. Before I started my company I completely analyzed all cities and competition in it and made my choice. Imagine that just a day after I did that a very old and reputable organisation with a rich visible history would return. As he's experienced there is a fair chance he would also start an organisation with restriction just like the one that I had openend. In this case I would get a very hard competition with a huge advantage i never could have seen coming. So in my opinion this could screw over a new owner that really prepared before he openend up as anyone would pick a company with a great track record over a rookie if the other circumstances would be the same.

The only thing that wouldn't matter is if he got back his old ID no historical events or data whatsoever, but I'm pretty sure that's not what we're talking about here.

You mean, like the mom and pop coffee shop that opens in generic town USA only to have Starbucks move in down the street? Yeah, because that never happens...

You mean, like the mom and pop coffee shop that opens in generic town USA only to have Starbucks move in down the street? Yeah, because that never happens...

No actually that's a different story. I'm not protesting against a new steel penn franchise (read Starbucks) I'm opposing an old establishment being reopened with all the history there intact like it was never closed.

Not that it matters much as the majority is in favour which means it should be allowed. Perhaps a nice add with reopening would be if it would say "This company has been closed x times in the past"

• Upvote 1

I'd love to see Troid return, was a great org.

Thanks JLP glad to see its still remembered :)

Let me elaborate why I'm against it. Before I started my company I completely analyzed all cities and competition in it and made my choice. Imagine that just a day after I did that a very old and reputable organisation with a rich visible history would return. As he's experienced there is a fair chance he would also start an organisation with restriction just like the one that I had openend. In this case I would get a very hard competition with a huge advantage i never could have seen coming. So in my opinion this could screw over a new owner that really prepared before he openend up as anyone would pick a company with a great track record over a rookie if the other circumstances would be the same.

The only thing that wouldn't matter is if he got back his old ID no historical events or data whatsoever, but I'm pretty sure that's not what we're talking about here.

Well the supposed advantage i would have by having Troid back would be the exact same if i just restarted it as its gonna get the same branding and push regardless. But i fully understand what your saying and is actually the first real good point against it. But having said that its no different in competition than if i opened a new org and just re-named it Troid and did all the same stuff.

same way i feel about oni

I voted YES because i dont see why he shouldnt be allowed id love to b able to reopen oni one day as i dont think tokyo has been the same since

The only thing i would say is dont let be opened and closed more than a certain number of times

Agreed. Someone who flakes constantly and whinges to get the org reopened everytime is just wasting everyones time.

I vote re-open your org, good luck :)

Thanks!

Thread seems to be getting off topic here,i dont blame you though floppzzy, you gave a solid response,i see no point in negging you because of a good opinion, i think that is the purpose of a poll in the first place....

however i disagree with you, %/&* happens sometimes and LIFE may force you off of tycoon for a simple as a month... enough time for a top company to crash, but if you get life together and come back,i feel you should be allowed to re-open a company, especially in this manner since hes asking EVERYONE for permission first. People using it for unfair advantage (which would be quite hard to do) should not be allowed, but im fine with this

Thank you. Pretty much exactly what happened and I have no intention of going anywhere now :)

that's what I think too, I see no problem with reopening

Appreciate the support!

Have nt read all this. But troid was a great org.

If for some reason your not allowed to re open it I'm sure you will gain hype and get qaulity fighters back there pretty sharpish mate. Question everyone needs to ask you gonna stay about for a while. Hope you do mate as we have. Good history. Hope your keeping well also mate. Drop me a pm

Glad to see Troid is so fondly remembered :) Will do check your inbox

I'm saying you should be allowed to re-open it, there's no harm in it so I don't see why not.

Me either :) Thanks

To me it is like Mike allowing people to have back their old accounts. They are nothing gained except sentimental value, you get no hype, fighters etc from it, just a name and your previous achievements. So i wouldn't object to you re-opening the org.

Precisely! and thank you

Hahaha I am flattered at a side reference to me perhaps being Starbucks hahaa

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No actually that's a different story. I'm not protesting against a new steel penn franchise (read Starbucks) I'm opposing an old establishment being reopened with all the history there intact like it was never closed.

Not that it matters much as the majority is in favour which means it should be allowed. Perhaps a nice add with reopening would be if it would say "This company has been closed x times in the past"

Great idea! Allows for people to make educated decisions on where to have there fighters.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As long as the only thing attache to it is the history then I don't see a problem. I had had the thought that maybe it could add a small hype/pop increase at the beginning dependent on the size of the [company] in its previous incarnation, but that would lead to exploits.

So everything should be the same as starting over save for the old history of accounts and event #'s IMO

• Upvote 1

Thanks mate, and I'd say open her up and I hope you understand my initial reaction was in no way personal.

100% fully understand where you were coming from and if there was a loop hole where the benefits weren't lost it would be a terrible idea as everyone could have numerous companies going ... alas i just want Troid opened up again haha

What I don't i understand and never will is the down voting if you disagree. Am I supposed to give everyone who I disagree with a negative vote?

I think it's bad form when you disagree with someone you vote him down. If a post is offensive or completely useless I understand ofcourse.

I do understand there are people who disagree with my post just 3 posts above here, but what I'm saying isn't offensive or bad in any way, I just have a different opinion then you do. There is no reason whatsoever to vote me down for it. I'm halfway considering to vote everyone who is in favour down but that's ludicrous as they done nothing negative but disagree with me!

I think I may have been the one that did this, but am not to sure!

I actually don't agree that the org shouldn't be re-opened but I liked that you elaborated to explain why you don't agree with it and what you feel are the negative sides to it. I hate it when people simply put "No" or "Bad idea" without any explanation, so I thought you deserved a +1 for your post and could have sworn that's what I clicked.

So either I clicked -1 by mistake or two other people have negged you down, I've just upvoted your quoted post to try and even things out as I agree people should not be negged simply for stating an idea or an opinion. Neg votes should be used for people who post utter gibberish or ridiculous statements.

Wow so much drama for a simple poll question.

I see it very simple: Why not allow to re-open it? He wants to keep the org's history, branding, etc, which is a really good idea.

It's not like the org re-opens with 2000 hype to it's profile. Worst case, if it gets implemented, if you choose to re-open the org, first of all, you start at 0 signed fighters, and probably the minimum hype too, so what harm could this do?

Maybe I'm missing something.

• Upvote 2

even worse than i do i should think

if this goes ahead im giving the oni situation a serious think

I was planning on starting a new ONI in January, but all that medical stuff popped up and drained all my time. Also, having a private gym for the 1st time ever is a hard thing to walk away from. Talk to me before re-opening it if you do. I had some ideas I was working on before life kicked in.

I was planning on starting a new ONI in January, but all that medical stuff popped up and drained all my time. Also, having a private gym for the 1st time ever is a hard thing to walk away from. Talk to me before re-opening it if you do. I had some ideas I was working on before life kicked in.

pm sent