Rousey Vs McMann difficult to pick

it's really hard for me to pick there both olympic medalist McMann got a silver medal in wrestling and Rousey a bronze in judo Rousey has her armbar and McMann with her wrestling i don't know who do you guys pick

man I hope McMann wins, but she hasnt fought in a year and her last fight was sheila gaff, so we really dont know how good she is and/or how her ring rust is.

I just hope she beats ronda.

If McMann is able to take Ronda down then what? Hopefully her ground game is at a level where she can at least challenge Rousey. But Ronda is just prolly going to hip toss her once she bullrushes her like she did to Miesha.

An Olympic wrestler would not bull rush the way Tate did. If they were men an you only knew similar levels of wrestling vs judo you would pick wrestling every time. With women.... Who knows? They are not as well rounded and too many questions.

Speaking of bull rushing, I remember when McCann faced Sheila Gaff and that was Gaff's tactic, didn't work out so well! Takedown in the first 5 seconds or so!

McCann should definitely have a much better chance of avoiding the throws and I agree she's not just going to rush in and get tossed immediately. McCann may have to work on her passes though, I mentioned in the other thread that she was content to work from guard against Gaff and that could be a big mistake against Ronda.

It'll be interesting to see who has the best standup out of each of them.

Pulling for McCann but I'd probably bet on Ronda.

An Olympic wrestler would not bull rush the way Tate did. If they were men an you only knew similar levels of wrestling vs judo you would pick wrestling every time. With women.... Who knows? They are not as well rounded and too many questions.

Please dont put words into my mouth man. That's rude. I personally wasn't talking about women vs men at all but only about Ronda Rousey. She is pretty freaking dominant judoka and showed some pretty slick throws against a good wrestler like Tate.

I thought Dana White said Cat Zingano is the number one contender? :s

Yes, her win over Tate was for that spot. McMann is only 1st because Zingano is still injured. She won't start training for 3-4 more months, and Rousey already took a year between fights and doesn't want to wait this time. I give her credit there.
  • Upvote 1

A key difference here is that the level of athleticism in mens wrestling is generally higher than in Judo (in the US anyway), but for women this is completely untrue because womens wrestling is totally undeveloped.

It's a pretty easy pick, you go with the top fighter in the division with top 10 wins and recent cage time over the promising prospect who hasn't fought in almost a year.

I agree with Erik 100%. Rousey would be my pick as well.

McMann needs to avoid the clinch and try to time Rousey and hit strong, low double legs. If she can stay tight to Rousey on the ground and pick her shots she might be able to get a decision.

Rousey's Jiu Jitsu is getting much better and she could pull something off from the bottom if she's given the space. But obviously if she gets on top it's pretty much over.

I think Rousey will win, but it is definitely an interesting fight!

unless mcmann can get (and keep) mount, i don't see her winning.

It would be entertaining to see one woman mount the other. I think the viewing audience would be the winner there.

Sorry... had to go there....

• Upvote 1