Barao vs Faber

bjornmma1

Barao + UFC belt ?   

36 members have voted

1. 1. Was it a good decision to already give Barao the belt before the fight at UFC 169 against Faber?

• Yes, he has already shown to be the rightful champion.
    • No, they should have waited until after UFC 169 and give it to the winner at that time.

Cruz is injured again (groin tear) . Dana white has announced that Cruz has vacated his UFC title and Barao is now the official UFC Batamweight Champion. Urijah Faber has agreed to have a rematch with Barao on less than one month's notice at UFC 169.

I think the UFC shouldn't have given the belt to Barao already, but instead should have let the winner of the fight get the belt that evening.

Nevertheless, this fight has 'Fight of the Night' written all over it!!! ( who knows, maybe even fight of the year...)

http://media.heavy.com/media/2012/07/faber_barao_ufc_149-670x376.jpg

barao cleaned out the division while cruz was gone, so yes he deserves the belt and not giving him it would be straight disrespectful

I agree that he has cleaned out the division and in impressive fashion, but I think that 1) you should fight the champion to get the belt or 2) if the champ vacates his title, the two top contenders should fight to see who is the new undisputed champion.

I think it was the right move, I don't see how a win over Faber, who he's already defeated, makes him any more of a champion than he already is.

It could almost be more of a mockery if they hadn't done it should Faber win, one win for Faber makes him the official champion, while three for Barao doesn't?

I think it was the right move, I don't see how a win over Faber, who he's already defeated, makes him any more of a champion than he already is.

It could almost be more of a mockery if they hadn't done it should Faber win, one win for Faber makes him the official champion, while three for Barao doesn't?

that's true. It indeed wouldn't be normal if Faber is champion after one, and Barao would need 4. the benefits of discussions have been proven. I agree with you guys now.

A ) He was already interim champ and defended the title multiple times.

B ) His fight with Faber was not as close as people seem to remember. He abused Faber with those leg kicks reminding me of what Aldo did to Faber. Faber had zero answers for those kicks.

Let's hope that a block from Faber for Barao's leg kicks doesn't have the same end result as Weidman vs Silva!!

Exactly my opinion of the situation. The other thought I had is that it really doesn't matter in any way whether they "award" the belt to someone before or after the fight because the winner will still walk away with the title. The way Uriah has been fighting recently, it is hard to bet against him even in the ring with a dominating force like Barao.

In my opinion Barao was deserving of the title. I still think Faber's gonna take it away though ;)

• 2 weeks later...