Barbarian Fight Club - Official Smack Talk Thread

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/40/40b15.jpg

Zachary "Zap Zap" White (236944)

After my fight with Lepew I would like to call Tony out for being a damn traitor!

P.s I love you too baby got a surprise for you on valentines day ;) xx

Creepy........ Also I do not have a Lightweight on my roster so it would be hard for me to fight you. I do have a featherweight that could fight at 155 but he is still about 3 months away from fighting.

Barbarian Betting: Place your bets

Since we have started Barbarian Fight Club, people was sending message asking about the bookmaker.

Now with the tournament kick off, im very glad to start Barbarian Betting, a place where you can make your bets.

We have a 230K+ id restricted and lots of fighters dont have enought fights to know how they fight, thats why we will be allowing the bets only in the main card fights.

To start we will have Barbarian Tournament 155lbs and you guys will be able to bet between.

155lbs - Zachary White vs Pepe Lepew

155lbs - Genki Sudo vs Kores Sierra

205lbs - Abraham Kurse vs Nasty Murdock

205lbs - Roberto Maia vs Scott Bigelow

170lbs - Renato Fernandez vs Janus Wiesiek

Barbarian Betting is located in Rio de Janeiro and you can acess it by the link bellow

http://www.mmatycoon.com/bookmakerpublic.php?bid=8142

Good luck and have fun.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/40/40b15.jpg

Zachary "Zap Zap" White (236944)

I was more joking about calling you out as yourself Tony.. but anyways...

THATS MY BOY NEWTON! YOU TELL EM!

If there is ever a tag team mma division we should team up, with your toughness and grappling and my power, we would make a good team no?

oh and FYI for all you boneheads.... Don't underestimate my clinch game and counter fighting abilities, I have a game plan and I will do my up most to win and to finally .. FLUSH LEPOO AWAY

http://i.imgur.com/ykiHOUR.png

Following tweet, a picture of the betslip:

http://i.imgur.com/AIkxReW.png

I would like to see White win, he is very active and he entertains me. I am sold on the clinch being to dominate at the lower levels. 25 year old clinch fighters could dominate the id restricted orgs IMO.

We will have all events in Barbarian Betting, just need to reorder next cards before.

Probably tomorrow we will have all tournament events able to bet.

Hope you guys have fun.

Early on the clinch is just as good if not better than the sub spamming. Once fighters get over the 16 or 17 hundred points the clinch and sub spaming get weaker and weaker. I am not saying top level fighters don't use submissions or the clinch but just read as many fights as I do and you will see what works early game. Mid- to late game is a whole other story. I recently fought a sub spammer with my sprawl and brawl fighter. My fighter 7 in wrestling 12 in take down defense 13 in balance 11 in strength and 9 in speed. Other guy 6 in wrestling brown belt in bjj others are obviously hidden. I knew I was going to lose. I had not had a single fight reach a minute yet much like Zap Zap. 4 wins 4 KO's at the time of the fight. Fight lasted one and half minutes. I landed a jab he took me down it was over from there. When people reach the 1600 skill point mark they are really starting to round out their fighters and you just cant rush them with one tactic.

To be clear I am not saying there is anything wrong with sub spamming or clinching. Most of my current fighters are based off the clinch but I do not have a sub spammer. If I had a bjj guy he would be a sub spammer. Early on when people are most vanurable to the clinch and subspamming the fighters that are doing it do not have enough skill to mix up their offence. Please do not take this the wrong way, I just do previews for 3 orgs and reviews for 1 org and this is what I think and it may not be correct. I just know I am riding about a 79% correct predictions. I was one of three people to pick Proudstar over Neo Kable. In the Ascension versus Evolution I went 8-2 with my picks and other than Wamba I had never heard of any of the guys in there.

Please debate as I would like to hear opinions and views about this.

Obviously my opinion is completely bias but I think the clinch is way overpowered....I mean some of it doesn't make sense like Zachary has 11 strength and is a massive lighweight and then little Lepew can dominate me in the clinch? Surely in real life I would just push him away...

Sub spamming is annoying but I guess it makes sense if you're a high level BJJ guy and you're going against boneheads almost like how Royce Gracie dominated. But I definitely think the clinch is way overpowered and dirty boxers are the dirtiest cheapest fighters.

I have three BJJ guys but they all fight differently I had some sub spammer which I made completely unintentionally when I was new and just dominated. I also picked up a sub spammer in the free agents a while pack but now it just isn't cutting it.

I can't imagine how Lepew is so good in the clinch, he dominated me and I worked Zachary from start to go from 1 - 4. Lepew must have at least 7 maybe more? Which means then he either lacks escapes, defensive grappling, takedown defense or striking defense and it's not striking defense....

When I build my fighters I max out as much as I can. Example time. 18 year old boxer just created 3 weeks ago. 110 to boxing 1 to MT 10 to Wrestling and 1 to BJJ

110 to punches 110 to striking defence 110 to takedown defence 8 to defencive grapple.

I have been working my d-grapple and cardio since i created him. Cardio is now at 13 and I am starting to lift weights with the supplements gaining strengths and speed. I put balance to 110 and agilty got 80 while conditioning got 10 and 1 on everything else.

As I am now weight lifting 3 times a week. Wrestling sparing 3 times a week. and I am working out 3 times a week with a double elite wrestling/bjj coach on d grapple. Once Grapple gets to a 12 I am moving on to clinch one on one sessions with a double elite boxing/MT coach. I will spar 2 times a week in boxing and 1 time in Muay Thai and continue to weight lift. By the time that is at 12 my streaght will be around 14 speed 11 or 12 balance 12 conditioning 12 agility 8 or 9 and everything else will be a 1. I will start fighting him in a ID restricted org and I will blow people away with a clinch. I will fight once a month and train the rest of the time to stop my depops. I assure you I will dominate in a ID restricted org like that. When I have the hype and pop to move up It will be a much diffrent story. Thats how the clinch and sub spammers dominate. They dont spread out points. You pack them on and set your sliders to your one and only gameplan.

To counter clinchwork fighters you only need to have some clinchwork too... Dont need to be wonderful or something like that, but if you have at least respectable in clinchwork will do just fine.

I dont think its overpowered, same for sub spammers. Its happen because the guys dont have enought points to have what is needed to fight against this kind of guys. A sub spammer is great against fighters who dont have escapes or good transitions to get out of the ground, people only get some defensive grappling and can survive for some sub attempt, but dont have transitions to get out of the ground, will just be there defending and praying, same for clinchwork, if you have useless clinchwork, you dont know what to do in this situation, you dont know how to escape from the clinch, i see its not the case in the White fight.

If a striker face a fighter with no striking defense will be like a sand bag taking all the shots, i did this mistake in one of my first fighters and was KOed all the time, useless striking defense against strikers, useless clinchwork against clinchworkers and useless defensive grappling or transitions against a sub grappler, will all end the same way, if the guy manage to get into his game plan, will be a easy fight, in fact people understimate clinchwork when creating a fighter, they dont think in put some clinch for defense, thats why it happen. Clinch is actually easier to get against any opponent than a takedown, and striking defense everybody get when creating a fighter.

White did great in the striking against Lepew, but look like Lepew have a great chin or White was too much more % in accuracy than power, the early cut in White worked very well for Lepew.

To counter clinchwork fighters you only need to have some clinchwork too... Dont need to be wonderful or something like that, but if you have at least respectable in clinchwork will do just fine.

I dont think its overpowered, same for sub spammers. Its happen because the guys dont have enought points to have what is needed to fight against this kind of guys. A sub spammer is great against fighters who dont have escapes or good transitions to get out of the ground, people only get some defensive grappling and can survive for some sub attempt, but dont have transitions to get out of the ground, will just be there defending and praying, same for clinchwork, if you have useless clinchwork, you dont know what to do in this situation, you dont know how to escape from the clinch, i see its not the case in the White fight.

To touch on this a little more your physicals also come into play here. Strength is big for holding people in the clinch. So someone with 12 in clinch wants to break the clinch against someone who also has 12 in the clinch but the person who wants to break it has considerable lower amount of strength will have a very tough time breaking it. In my earlier post the reason I said the subspammer and clinch is so good early on is because of exactly what you said, clinch work, transitions, and escapes are not paid all in all that much attention to. In the example I gave for my fighter in the earlier post I had no d-grapple, no transition, and no escape. Once everything I want gets to 12 I would then move onto transitions while working on flexibility and one on one coaching for transitions. After that I would work on escapes. Then I would start getting my defensive categories that are 12 up to about 14. Then keep moving up on different things till I am happy. After that I would then work on primaries and physicals because I would have all my secondaries I wanted.