Barbarian Fight Club - Official Smack Talk Thread

I'm probably taking the 265+ down, just need to be sure if the inactive managers will come back from the inactivity.

Im sending contracts for any 265+ fighter trying to improve our division but we have only 10 fighters being 5 with inactivity.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/40/40b15.jpg

Zachary "Zap Zap" White (236944)

You show faith and trust me and ima trust you back homie

http://gyazo.com/dc430aa7cecb533ec557214c307e61ce.png

Sorry for not winning you money Newton..

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13877379865134.png

Christopher 'The Wolf' Newton

Dont worry about it man. I know you'll be back and you'll get that title. Thanks for the confidence and I hope I can eliminate Congo out of the tournament.

• Upvote 1

I'm probably taking the 265+ down, just need to be sure if the inactive managers will come back from the inactivity.

Im sending contracts for any 265+ fighter trying to improve our division but we have only 10 fighters being 5 with inactivity.

Its cool I can cut to 263 so he could be a heavyweight :thumbup:

You show faith and trust me and ima trust you back homie

http://gyazo.com/dc430aa7cecb533ec557214c307e61ce.png

Sorry for not winning you money Newton..

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/16/16b10.jpg

Andokuhle "Pumba" Congo (235611)

Nothing against you, but im gonna be glad making you lose some money.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgeventpublic.php?EvID=793106

Was just looking up Congo's fights, and how the hell did his fight with Gracie win a FOTN award? It wasn't competitive and it was 18 seconds? I sure hope it was a mistake as it's inexcusable to give your own fighters FOTN over more deserving candidates in my opinion.

Silveira vs LaBanner was a much more exciting fight.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgeventpublic.php?EvID=793106

Was just looking up Congo's fights, and how the hell did his fight with Gracie win a FOTN award? It wasn't competitive and it was 18 seconds? I sure hope it was a mistake as it's inexcusable to give your own fighters FOTN over more deserving candidates in my opinion.

Silveira vs LaBanner was a much more exciting fight.

How do fight awards work? Are they given through the simulator or the owner? I apologize if I sound like a huge noob, I'm just curious. lol

The fight of the night award i'm always giving for the 100% event rating fights or the closest to 100%, if more than one fight get 100% rating then will pick the most exciting match between the 100% rated fights prioritizing the most hyped fight. Dont mean a lower hyped fighter cant win the prize, but will need to be much better than the hyped one,.

Sub of the night for pretty submissions like triangle transitioning to armbar or submissions from the bottom, if its close i try to look the opponent level and grappling skills.

KO of the night i tend to get KO over TKO, and standing knockouts over ground and pound knockouts. Head kick over usual punchs, except for spinningback fist and other stuff.

I prefer to dont pick my own fighters for the prize, mainly because i'm the one who is choosing the winners, but for the fight of the night i implicate other person fighter too. KO and Sub when happen to be some of my own getting it, i have asked for Tony opinion to make sure i dont have my judgment clouded.

I'm also dont give of the night prizes for inactive fighters. Already happened two similar submissions and in my opinion the best was from a guy who went inactivy for more than 10 days, the prize goes to the active one.

To be more clear, will start after next event to make a small review about the "of the night" awards and why i've picked each one.

The fight of the night award i'm always giving for the 100% event rating fights or the closest to 100%, if more than one fight get 100% rating then will pick the most exciting match between the 100% rated fights.

Congo vs Gracie

The bell rings for round one and we are underway!

Gracie fails with a rather predictable takedown attempt.

Congo uses good footwork to get in and out and land a nice right hand before Gracie has time to react.

Congo ducks down and throws a hook to the body.

Gracie closes the distance and clinches up with Congo, looking for a takedown. Gracie pushes Congo against the cage but Congo circles to the side and manages to break the clinch.

Congo steps in with a hook that catches Gracie right on the chin and knocks him to the floor! Congo follows him down with more strikes and that's all she wrote! Gracie looks absolutely devastated.

Ladies and gentlemen, after 0:18 of round 1, we have a winner by way of TKO (Strikes). Andokuhle Congo!

Andokuhle Congo spent the whole post fight interview bigging himself up. It didn't go down that well with the fans after a while as they thought it was a bit arrogant.

Fight rating: 100%

Lebanner vs Silveira

The bell rings for round one and we are underway!

Silveira shoots in for a takedown but doesn't get it.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/knockdown2.gif

Lebanner sets himself and throws a head kick that knocks Silveira to the ground! Lebanner dives into full mount looking to finish!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/rocked2.gif

Silveira is rocked!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/cut2.gif

It looks like Ademilson Silveira has been cut.

This is a great period of action - very entertaining stuff!

Silveira is in all sorts of trouble here.

Oh Silveira is still in real trouble! Will he be able to recover?!!

Lebanner looking to control but Silveira is working nicely, looking to advance position himself.

Lebanner wants to stand but Silveira is holding on to him, trying to stop him posturing up.

Lebanner is stalling here but it's allowed Silveira to get half guard.

The fighters are pressed up against the cage, both looking to find a bit of space to work.

Lebanner wants to stand but Silveira has hold of a leg and an arm, so he's trapped for now.

Lebanner tries to stand and escape but Silveira actually recovers to full guard.

Silveira seems to have got his legs back now.

The ref warns both fighters not to hold the cage as they work up against the meshing.

Silveira is looking to get back to his feet but can't, whilst Lebanner is controlling him.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/sub.gif

Silveira has thrown up a leg looking for a triangle. Lebanner doesn't defend quickly enough and Silveira has managed to lock this one up! Can Lebanner escape?! NO! He's tapping out! Damn, that was a quick submission - congrats to Silveira on a fantastic submission victory.

Ladies and gentlemen, after 0:49 of round 1, we have a winner by way of Submission (Triangle). Ademilson Silveira!

Fight rating: 100%

It is obviously your decision to make, however I think that's favouritism right there, as the first fight shouldn't have been considered for a FOTN at all.

Yeah, i can tell you Lebanner vs Silveira look really better. Probably was a additional factor about my decision, like Silveira owner inactivity or anything else, but i cant remember the exactly reason right now. Too much happened since them to remember.

Lebanner's manager is a real life friend, former owner of Barbarian. I was mentoring Silveira's manager since he start playing the game. No real reason to give a favoritism for my 25 years old fighter who i will probably be sacking in some months over these guys.

In fact i really think its much more satisfactory giving the awards for other managers, my fun running Barbarian is in trying make everyone in here enjoy being part of the org, the awards is one more way to do it.

The fight of the night award i'm always giving for the 100% event rating fights or the closest to 100%, if more than one fight get 100% rating then will pick the most exciting match between the 100% rated fights prioritizing the most hyped fight. Dont mean a lower hyped fighter cant win the prize, but will need to be much better than the hyped one,.

Sub of the night for pretty submissions like triangle transitioning to armbar or submissions from the bottom, if its close i try to look the opponent level and grappling skills.

KO of the night i tend to get KO over TKO, and standing knockouts over ground and pound knockouts. Head kick over usual punchs, except for spinningback fist and other stuff.

I prefer to dont pick my own fighters for the prize, mainly because i'm the one who is choosing the winners, but for the fight of the night i implicate other person fighter too. KO and Sub when happen to be some of my own getting it, i have asked for Tony opinion to make sure i dont have my judgment clouded.

I'm also dont give of the night prizes for inactive fighters. Already happened two similar submissions and in my opinion the best was from a guy who went inactivy for more than 10 days, the prize goes to the active one.

To be more clear, will start after next event to make a small review about the "of the night" awards and why i've picked each one.

Thanks for clarifying all that, Pedro. Seems understandable and fair to me. Keep up the good job man

What Pedro stated is true. We have discussed Of The Night Awards in the past. I am not sure if I was consulted on that card or not, but that is not the point. When I am used as a consultant for the awards I look at the event as a whole and then start picking. KO of the night I look for Head Kicks, Spinning Back Fists, big uppercuts. I try to stay away from combos that end the fight or TKO if at all possible. Then I move on to submission of the night. I look for the most unique submission or a sub from the bottom. If I see more than one that meets the criteria I use fight rating to pick. I have yet to see a tie after that but if I did I would have to look more into I guess. After those two awards are selected I think look at every fight from the main event down to the first fight. I the first 100% usually gets my vote and the only reason for that is fighting at the top of an event you should get a little bonus. The main event and co main event are the two biggest things that effect your event rating. The event rating is what brings in the money and the org hype which in turn brings in better fighter which in turn makes better main events and in turn makes creates higher event ratings and continues in a circle. I did not go back and look at the event in question but if it was higher on the card and I was asked for an opinion that would have been the one I gave. I understand what the awards are for in RL but in this game I feel they all should be used on the higher part of the card because fighter in this game do not receive a gate bonus, which in RL they certainly do. It is nice to be able to give a little extra to the guys that are making you the most money and unfortunately that is the best way to do. The only reason I don't suggest the highest KO on the card and the highest Sub on the card is to not raise red flags such as the one that is going on now. I can vouch for Pedro as being fair and maybe overly fair on some events OTN awards by passing on his own fighters. This just happened to be an event that he didn't. This is just my opinion and know not everyone will feel the same way about the closest to the main event 100% rating is a good thing but luckily I am just used as a consultant from time to time, and I don't have to deal with this all the time. I also do not have recourse for someone thinking that their fighter should have gotten over someone else, and I am very happy that I don't have to. I know it was not your fighter in question Newton (dbsh209) and I also understand why you asked the question. If I didn't know the things I know because of all the back round information I get I would be asking the same thing. If I felt something shady was going on I would ask about it to, and if I knew something was going on that was wrong I would leave. To be perfectly honest I have not seen anything being done wrong in all three orgs I work for and from being on the forums it seems I am a lucky guy as there is all kinds of shenanigans. I know I don't speak for Pedro or for Barbarian as I am just an employee but I am up front an honest, anyone at anytime can ask me anything and I will give an honest answer. My honest answer to this situation is I seen nothing wrong with this occasion but since I am not consulted each and every card I am going to take a look back and I hope I wont see any shenanigans. I don't think I will because Pedro has been a stand up guy but still I do want to poke around at some of the other OTN awards.

I have no doubt that Pedro & the organisation are the furthest away from shady. Being a part of the organisation has truly been a very enjoyable experience. However, I was simply baffled by the decision to give that fight FOTN. It is obviously up to the discretion of the owner himself, but I don't think that it sends a good message.

Similarly, my fighter was given SOTN for a kimura against an unproven blue belt in an undercard bout (Newton vs. Cienfuegos). In the same card, Aderbal Maia (brown belt) submitted Boshoff (brown belt) in the main event of the card. I just don't think these awards are consistent, and while it really may be a novelty, I am invested into the organisation and I feel some kind of responsibility to voice my concerns.

I have no doubt that Pedro & the organisation are the furthest away from shady. Being a part of the organisation has truly been a very enjoyable experience. However, I simply baffled by the decision to give that fight FOTN. It is obviously up to the discretion of the owner himself, but I don't think that it sends a good message.

Similarly, my fighter was given SOTN for a kimura against an unproven blue belt in an undercard bout (Newton vs. Cienfuegos). In the same card, Aderbal Maia (brown belt) submitted Boshoff (brown belt) in the main event of the card. I just don't think these awards are consistent, and while it really may be a novelty, I am invested into the organisation and I feel some kind of responsibility to voice my concerns.

As you should voice your concerns and opinions and I agree with everything you just said. I started looking at past events and I have not go threw all of them but there is some inconsistency. That could be do to many of reasons which I do not know. I am always available if he needs or wants my opinion on the OTN awards and that could cause some inconsistency since we don't evaluate things the same way and I dont get asked every time. Sorry I rambled on earlier I just took my pain meds and to be honest I don't know why I kept typing. I think I repeated my self a few time LOL :)

And they are very well received, i will try to be more clear about my decisions and will love to hear all impressions.

When i started Barbarian Tournament all decisions about how it should work have some chat between our managers to try make everyone happy.

Its hard to talk right now the reasons for old "of the night" awards. If analize only the event will have lots of inconsistencies, in every single event lots of things cross my mind when im analizing each single fight. Some of them i have high expectate, others not much but impress me. Some managers was already inactive after the fight and i dont like the idea to "throw away" awards for fighters who will never fight again, and other reasons that i cant remember right now.

For now and on i will always be making a post to explain how we decided each event award and congrats the winners and everyone will be able to give their opinion about the awards.

Personally, I think fights that end within the first minute or two should not be awarded FOTN. I think it makes sense to award it to a longer fight. But I understand you take fight rating into account. I assume that it's very difficult to make the correct choosing, but in my opinion, I'd rather give the bonus to a longer duration fight with at least a high 80/90 percentage rating instead of 100% rating that ended early into the first round. You could disregard all of this because of inactivity, which also makes sense.

Just my two cents.

*Final answer of the post-fight press conference for Barbarian Tournament 155lbs event*

Abraham Kurse: "I don't care about those things. If they were smart, they would've given me submission of the night awards every time that I fought. Shady is preventing me from fighting the top guys to become the first champion. They keep sending me fights to avoid getting a top contender fight for me because they know that it doesn't matter. I can face a thousand guys before I fight for the belt or I can do it next, but I'll finish all of them. Quickly. Quicker than you think. Yeah, you got the message. I'm calling you out, Pedro Fernandes! I don't know what my coach Dovik saw on you to be your mentor and I'm sure he made you a way better manager than you could ever be, though your potential is very limited. I'm calling you out and that wanna be submission fighter called Aderbal Maia. In fact, I'm calling the HW champion so I can submit him in under 20 seconds and make him look silly. I don't need you to like to, I just need you to handle me that belt after every fight that I win."

Diego Rios:

D - Damn I've been beaten and its gonna gonna happen again

I- I see you unbeaten and you're gonna taste it soon enough

E- Electrifying when I red face you and you start begging

G - Ging gang gooly is what you'll be saying when you realise im too tough

O - Oh damn son is what the audience will say when you start back pegging

R - Rematch with Lepoo is where I'm aiming

I - Igloo in Greenland is where you will be running too

O - Sierra will be the new champ I am naming

S- sucker is the name I will call you

Sucker, prepare to lose, prepare to be knocked out, prepare to feel bad, prepare to get a beat down by the one, the only ZAP ZAP MOTHER FUCKER