Montreal Fight Nights - Official Thread

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1405626396MFN_118_poster.jpg

Hellow Hellow. I’m Assassin here from Belle Center and I will be reviewing the MFN 118. The total atendance today was 18.836 and a total of 34,007 PPV sales.

Undercard

First match was in the 135 lbs division where Rick Dynamo (9-7) faced Diego Nunes (19-16). Nunes came up good and took the fight to the ground right after the 30 seconds have passet. After the stand up Dynamo came better and took the fight to the ground 2 times in a row, but coudn’t held Nunes as he got a quick triangle around Dynamo’s neak. Nunes squzed the triangle and sank it good, forcing his opponent to tap. I honestly didn’t expect for Nunes to get the submission but cutos to him for winning in 2:24 in the first round.

Second match Jack Gates (9-9) took on Donald Trump (7-3). I was so wrong in my prediction as Trump proved to everybody who doubted him that he is a very good fighter. In the first round Trump easily took Gates to the ground and tryed like 7 sub attempts but with no avial. Then he came even stronger in the second round and just after the round starteg he got Gates on the matt again. Imediatly after he took him down, he went for a kimura and managed to pop Gates arm out. Gates taped out like a morse code on titanic „sos, sos”. And the fight ended in favor of Donald Trump by the way of submission with the official time being 24 seconds in round 2.

Third match of the undercard: Tyson Pearson (16-17) vs Mahavir Ramanujam (10-4-1). First round Ramanujam dominated it even if he got taken down from the clinch. He sweep Pearson and put a good GnP on him and wasn’t too impresed about the sub attempts of Pearson. Second round Ramanujan showed his wrestling taking down Pearson 2 times and for most of the round he was in the dominant position. Pearson came out a bit more open in the third round knowing he has to submit or KO his opponent in order to win. After a failed attempt of a takedown Pearson was rocked by a big right upercut and Ramanujam droped him with another big left hand. Ramanujam jumpet to finish with strikes and Pearson wasn’t able to do anything else. The winner by TKO, after 2:32 in third round was Ramanujam. Finally I got a prediction semicorect :)

Next match was in Middleweight division: Igor Gago (11-9) vs Chael Sonnen(13-8). Sonnen only saw one thing in this match (takedowns) and he paid for his attempts. From clinch Gago punished Sonnen and managet to cut him in the first 20 seconds. After 8 failed attempts for Sonnen he finally got a takedown, but Gago was very active with the submissions attempts and he finally got a triangle after 5 sub attempts. Gago came out more determinat and that was clear. Official decision: After 3:59 minutes in the first round Gago won by submission (triangle). I was wrong again! Should stop predicting because I really suck at this :))

And the last match in on the undercard was between Rick Ashton (18-8) and Nickolai Ketchum (16-13). This was a quick fight. Ashton tryed from the begining to take the fight to the ground with no avail. Ketchum managed to keep the fight on the feet stuffing 5 takedown attempts and made his opponent pay for every attempt. With 1 minute and 30 second into the fight Ashton got rocket by a streight right and couldn’t manage to get his feet back. Ketchum went all over the cage for Ashton and he finally got a dedly right cross which instatly KO’ed Ashton sending his mouth piece flying into the crowd. The official call: after 1:50 of round 1, we have a winner by way of KO (Punches). Nickolai Ketchum!

Maincard:

From the main card we coudn’t pick a ko or sub of the night as all fights ended up in a decision.

Now we get to the first fight: Temel Dilli (12-6) against Craig Anderson (14-11). First roudn Anderson managed to get Dilli to the ground and tryed passing, ground and pound and a lot of submission but coudn’t finish up Dilli, who showed his hart there. Second round was close but Dilli did more in the stand up department, and when Anderson got the takedown he managed to stall the fight till the referee stand them up. Third round was another close round but Dilli did a bit more damage and managed to pull a split decision win. He really showed his hart in this match.

Second match of the main card was between Frank Dux (17-8) and Yancy Malaki (16-7). Another wrestler vs striker. The first round was all Dux who managed to get the takedown but didn’t managed to finish his oponent. The second round was a more close round but Malaki was just a bit better on the feet stuffing most of Dux takedowns. In the third round Malaki started bettor on the feet, but he was taken down by Dux and managed to get very few damage till the referee stand them up. In the last moments of the fight Malaki managed a three punch combo witch weighted a lot on the referee score cards. The official decision: winner, by unanimous decision... Yancy Malaki!

Next match was in the Lightweight division where Bam Margera (18-11-1) faced Winston McCall (17-6-1). In the first 2 rounds McCall managed to mix it up well with strikes, takedown and ground game, managing to win them both. Margera knowing he lost the first 2 round tryed all his best to get the fight to be a slugfest but wasn’t succesfull in his attempt. They both exchanged punches and kicks but both of them remained standing at the end of the round. The official decision: winner, by unanimous decision... Winston McCall!

Now we get to our co-main event of the evening: Raekwon the Chef (17-4-1) vs Herkules Nowacki (12-3). It was an all stand up war. But don’t know why I still expected more from both fighters. The Chef with 14 KO/TKO wins played a bit more carefully this match because of Nowacki power and it costed him a lot. All three rounds were a back and forward stand up war. The three ruferees had a difficult time decided but after three rounds they declared the winner by unanimous decision Herkules Nowacki.

And now for the main event:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20130601235637MFNbelt.jpg

the champion Ryan O Reily (12-3) will face Ron Lemieux (18-4) who already won this belt 2 times. Now let’s get this fight cracked up round by round. So in the first round O Reily dominated putting down Lemieux on the ground and was a BJJ war for all the rest of the round. In the second round Lemieux was more active on the feet and even when O Reily put him down on the mat again he was still the more agresive fighter going for the submissions. Third round was exactly like the 2nd one. Even the 4th round was almost the same as the last 2 and even with the takedowns of O Reily he didn’t do enoght to win them. The last round both fighters looked a bit slopy and tired, but it was still entertaining as both fighters went for the finish. At the end of the fight the org manager and the fans were happy they saw a good fight. The official decision: winner, by unanimous decision... and new bantaweight champion: Ron Lemieux!

This is the third time that Lemieux holds the bantaweight title here at MFN.

That concludes our night and now for the awards of the night:

KO of the night: Nickolai Ketchum

Sub of the night: Diego Nunes

Fight of the night: Ron Lemieux vs Ryan O Reily

The event was sponsored by Fury Nutrition Inc as well as Vandal Fight Boutique & Laundry.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1406049669MFN_120_poster.jpg

MFN 120: Taphorn vs Montana! As always a pleasure for me to be here. This event will take place at Belle Centre and is being sponsored by Fury Nutrition Inc as well as Vandal Fight Boutique & Laundry.

Undercard

First match of the evening: Zeus Zorrander (10-5) vs Evan Horizon (7-5). This is an verry even match up. Both fighters have sensational boxing and wrestling and a they also are brown belts. Zorrander is a finisher, as he only has 2 decision victory in his 10 career fights and I’m sure he’ll be looking for a quick Knock out this night as well. Horizon on the other hand is in a bad spot, as he lost 4 fights in a row. They are both newcomers to MFN and we’ll see what they have enstored for us.

My prediction: I think Zorrander will win the rematch as well, and again by way of KO.

Next match is in the Heavyweight division: Escobar De Vega (5-0) will making his debut against another debutand Rank Rox (8-5-1). They are both well rounded, very similar actually De Vega having just a slight advantage in the wrestling department. Even if Rox is more expirienced having fought almost triple the fights that De Vega had, De Vega seems verry confident, maybe because he’s felling untacheble because his undefeated record.

My prediction: De Vega will still remain undefeated and will probably win by a stopage either by submission or KO.

The third match of the card is between Friedrich Bergfried (14-6) and Kyle Turris (15-11). While Turris is running a two fights winning streat, Bergfried will be looking to win his first fight in MFN after his lost in the debut match. Bergfried seems the more complex fighter being an World Class Muay Thai. Maybe on his debut it was his nerves that he didn’t use his superior muay thai and lost to an decision. His best chance of winning is getting close, maybe an clinch and then unleash hell on his opponent.

My prediction: I have to go with Bergfried, and I think he will win either by KO/TKO or decision.

Next match on the card:Johny Slicer (17-10) vs Dalinar Kholin (3-1). Both fighters will be debuting tonight. Althow Slicer seems to be the more expirienced fighter, I’ve seen Kholin train and I must say he look very good on the feet and on the ground as well. I like this match up because neither fighter is interested in going to decision as it can be seen from their records. Seeing their last 3-4 matches I have to say that this will be a great stand up wor in my opinion.

My prediction: This fight will end with a KO/TKO. Which fighter will go in dream world we’ll have to wait and see.

And the last match in the undercard will be featuring Jonas Putin (18-9) and JB Brubaker (9-4). Both men have a 2 fight win streak and will be looking to get the 3rd and move up in the rank. It seems an very even contest, maybe just a small advantage for Brubaker in the wrestling departament. Personally I like Putin more because of his will to finish the fights and that makes it more entertaining. He won the last 2 fight by TKO in the first round and he’ll be looking to do that again.

And that concludes our Undercard.

Moving on to the Main card

First match: Benjamin Bengazzoni (10-3) vs Simon Strange (8-4). Both fighters are at the moment in the winning collum and will be intersting to see who will go to 3 fight winning streak. This will be a clasic grappler vs striker match up, Bengazzoni beinge better in the boxing and muay thai department while Strange has a deadly ground game.

My prediction: Strange will win even if Bengazzoni has a good record in MFN. I’m not sure he can keep the fight standing, and on the ground Strange is a beast like he didn’t face so far

With just 4 fights left to go we got next the match will feature Juan Pable Green (15-10) with 10 KO/TKO and 3 submissions. His opponent Simon Phonix (12-3) having 8 KO/TKO makes him a dangerous fighter. Green has the boxing and wrestling advantage and in my opinion the only chanse for Phonix to win is to grab his opponent in clinch and rouf him up.

My prediction:Green wins by KO or submission.

3rd match of the Main card: Fedor Emilianenko (9-4) vs Hiruku Matah (15-9). Another 2 debutants and another great match up. It will be verry interesting to see which fighter can come up with the best game plan. It always pleases me when I say a striker vs grapler, Emilianenko being a sensational muay thai and remarkable striker. On the other side Matah is a sensational wrestler and a black belt in BJJ having 14 wins by submission.

My prdiction: Matah wins by submission.

Now we get on to the co-main event of the evening: Nir Sosa (16-7) vs Shamar Jackson (20-12). An ko artist vs a submission master. This will be a fun match to watch. Both fighters are good wrestlers and very rounded fighters as well, so I hope will see a nice fight and the fighters hopelly will mix it up nicely. Shamar seems to have the advantage in the BJJ department so he might want to get the fight to the ground and submit his opponent.

And now in the Main Event

We have a title challenge in the 155 lbs weight class between Peter Taphorn (17-7-1) and his challanger Tony Montana (16-2). Taphorn succesfully defended the belt once against The chef and will be looking to remain the champ for as many days/weeks/years as he can. Tony seems to have a small advantage in the boxing department while Taphorn has an definetly advantage in muay thai and wrestling. Both fighters are Black belt in BJJ so this fight could go round and round till one get’s the submission.

My prediction: I have to go with Taphorn this time, he’s the most expirienced between the two guys.

Landeskog: "I pick Taphorn to win it. I've faced Montana twice, beaten him twice and I know he wasn't supposed to be fighting for a belt after losing twice to me. But obviously what he gets in his record is a lame job by 5 judges in 2 fights that gave him wins. Only one was able to correctly analyze it on our first meeting and I lost via split decision. But it was as crazy to lose that one as losing the second bout by UD. Those Montreal judges are either bizarre or judging a contest with their eyes closed."

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1406049669MFN_120_poster.jpg

Hellow Hellow. I’m Assassin here from Belle Center and I will be reviewing the MFN 118. The total atendance today was 15.859and a total of 48,884 PPV sales.

So let’s get the Undercard going.

Zeus Zorrander (10-5) vs Evan Horizon (7-5) --> at 265 lbs

In the first round Zorrander took Horizon into clinch and then he took him down. Horizon tryed his best to submit Zorrander off his back but wasn’t succesfull, actually he had no chance.After the stand up both fighters exchanged strikes but Zorrander came up a bit better this round. Horizon knowing he lost the first round came up and showed his class dominating the second round. The third round both fighters tried their best and it was a very close round.

Official decision: Zorrander wins by majority decision!

Escobar De Vega (5-0) vs Rank Rox (8-5-1) --> at 265 lbs

The second fight started with Rox caming up strong and managed to take the fight to the ground and dominated from there the entire round. Second round De Vega done a bit more damage and I think he won that round even thow Rox took him down. Third round De Vega remember he is an undefeated fighter and after 1 minute he rocked Rox but he recovered quick. After 2 minute in the third round De Vega unloaded a big punch from the insade whitch knockdown Rox, after that he pounded till the referee stoped the fight.

Official decision: De Vega wins by TKO (Strickes) at 2:55 of the third round.

Friedrich Bergfried (14-6) vs Kyle Turris (15-11) --> at 135 lbs

The fight desepointed as both of the fighters. For a three round fight an fight rating of 67% is pretty low. After 2 closer rounds Turris knowing it’s even, he took Bergfried to the ground and sat on him the hole round. I was amazed that the referee didn’t stand them up as the crowed went „BOOOOOO”.

Official decision: Turris wins by split decision!

Johny Slicer (17-10) vs Dalinar Kholin (3-1) --> at 265 lbs

Now that was an intens fight and the fans enjoyed it. Right from the first round Slicer dropped Kholin with a beatifull combination that cut him as well. Kholin managed to pull it thrue and the fight got to the second round. Slicer showed his class knocking down 2 times Kholin but he kept coming back. After all that punishment Kholin was prety wavely on the feet after all the punishment he took and when the upercut came he went out. Just like I predicted the fight surely got the KO

Official decision: Slicer wins by KO(Punch) at 1:31 in round 2.

Jonas Putin (18-9) vs JB Brubaker (9-4) --> at 145 lbs

This was an all grapple and BJJ fight and the fans were a bit bumped by it. In the first round Brubaker took the fight to the ground and not much hapened. The second round at the other end was a bit more fun as both of the fighters went for submission one after the other. In the second round Putin managed to reverse with a great transition the position of Brubacker and at the end of the first round with both hooks in he managed to get a RNC with just 5 seconds left to go.

Official decision: Putin wins by submission (RNC) at 4:55 in the second round.

And that concludes the Undercard. Now let’s go to the Main card.

Main card:

Benjamin Bengazzoni (10-3) vs Simon Strange (8-4) --> at 170 lbs

Right from the beginning Strange got cut from a nice combination by Bengazzoni and that ment he must be more carefull in the stand up game. After 1 minute he managed to get the fight to the ground but wasn’t able to finish his opponent despite his 4 sub atempts. Second round Bengazzoni dominated it till 1 minute and a half left when Strange got a takedown and after improving his position at the end of the round he went all in on the armbar. Bengazzoni tried to roll with it but he had to tap or his hand would have broken.

Official decision: Strange wins by submission (armbar) at 4:59 in the second round.

Juan Pable Green (15-10) vs Simon Phonix (12-3) --> at 170 lbs

I was so right about Green potential. He didn’t leave Phonix any chance. He felt a bit him on the feet and after 40 second he got him on the canvis. Green tried to submit his oponent but when he saw he can’t he went for the ground and pound and man what a brutal GNP, one elbow after the other and Phonix went to sleep with just 3 seconds remaining. Phonix complains a bit to the referee that he stoped the fight so close to the end of the round but he clearly was out.

Official decision: Green wins by TKO (Strikes) at 4:57 of the round 1.

Fedor Emilianenko (9-4) vs Hiruku Matah (15-9) --> at 265 lbs

Man what a fight. Both fighter gave up their best and the crowed was pleased. In the first round it was all Matah getting a quick takedown and trying sub after sub with no avail. There were 7 sub attempts but Emilianenko is a tough fighter. Second round Emilianenko stuffed almost all of his opponent takedowns and he clearly won the stand up war. Third round Matah only tried to get the fight to the ground, like all the fight. As he stuff a takedown, Emilianenko got in the clinch and unload with punches and elbows till he Tko his oponent.

Official decision: Emilianenko wins by TKO (Strickes) at 1:16 in the third round.

Co-main event:

Nir Sosa (16-7) vs Shamar Jackson (20-12) --> at 185 lbs

This was a close fight and both fighters performed good. Sosa was this night the better fighter as he was more complexed in his attacks. Jackson only went for punch combination and didn’t even try a kick all the fight. On the other side Sosa tried punches, kicks and even a takedown at the end of each round and he surely got he judges opinion.

Official decision: Nir Sosa wins by Unanimous decision.

Main EVENT:

Fighting for the 155 lbs title at MFN:

Peter Taphorn (17-7-1) vs Tony Montana (16-2)

It was an intens fight and bot fighters were exasted at the end of the fight. Every round it was pretty much the same, Taphorn feeled a bit of Montana stand up game and after that he either got the fight in the clinch or took Montana down. It was clear that Montana wasn’t prepared for a beast like Taphorn, who had 5 takedowns out of 5 attempts, one every round. Even thow Taphorn didn’t finish the contender he surely showed us he can take him down any time he wanted. Like I predicted Taphorn gave us a nice display of his all around skills.

Official decision: Peter Taphorn retains his belt by unanimous decision (50-45).

KO of the night: Juan Pablo Green

Sub of the night: Jonas Putin

Fight of the night: Peter Taphorn vs Tony Montana

The event was sponsored by Fury Nutrition Inc as well as Vandal Fight Boutique & Laundry.

I’m Altair with the review here from Bell Center and I salute you.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1406667674MFN_121_poster.jpg

MFN 121: Zietsch vs Borocop! As always a pleasure for me to be here. This event will take place at Belle Centre and is being sponsored by Fury Nutrition Inc as well as Vandal Fight Boutique & Laundry.

Undercard

Let’s get the card cracking. First fight: Colt Harding Jr (4-1) will face Police State (8-1). State has 8 wins by KO/TKO out of his 9 fights and only lost one match by submission. Both fighters look prety even and I think both of them will have similar style in this match. They both have to perform to impress the crowd and I think this fight will not go to an decision.

My prediction: State will win by KO.

Next fight: : Johann Bismark (2-1) vs Gennakin Golovdy (10-9). The two fighters will make their debut in MFN and will be looking to impress in order to advance in the ranking. Golovdy seems to have the advantage in boxing, but Bismark looks better in all the other aspects. Even though Golovdy is the more expirienced fighter, Bismark have the first chance to win in my oppinion. He just have to stay in his strenghts.

The third fight: Vassago Ballardo (14-10) vs Andre Jones (11-7). Ballardo is an elite boxer and muay thai practicant and has a slite advantage on his feet against his opponent. Also he looks pretty solid on his ground game as well. They are both experince fighter and I’m sure they work a lot to their game plan. Ballardo comes in this fight with a 3 win strik while Jones comes off a loss. Both of this fighters will make their debut in MFN and will be interesting to see how the gitters will afect their fight.

My prediction: Gallardo will win by KO/TKO.

Next fight: Mannix McGuiness (11-10) vs Dusan Kikovic (13-7-1). McGuiness has work very hard because he want to win his first fight in MFN after lossing at his debut, while Kikovic is 4-4 in MFN. They seem pretty even both are exceptional in boxing and wrestling. Kikovic has a slite advantage in muay thai while McGuiness is more dangerous in the BJJ department. Kikovic has just one loss with sub and he won’t make that mistake again.

My prediction: Kikovic will win by decision.

And the last fight of the undercard: Roberto Kinkhammer (14-11-1) and Alexandre Ferreira De Serra (10-6). Kinkhammer will have the advantage in the boxing department while De Serra is a black belt in BJJ and will be looking to show us his ground game. Kinkhammer is a ko machine 10ko out of 14 wins. On the other side De Serra is a killer on the mat winning 8 of his 10 win by way of submission. Both fighters will make their debut at MFN and I hope we’ll see a great fight.

And that concludes the Undercard.

Maincard:

The first match of the main card will be between Abed Nadir (14-9-1) and Tatton Chantry (10-12).Both of this fighters will make their debut in MFN. They are 2 crafted veterans and they have together almost 50 fights. Nadir has the advantage in boxing ad muay thai and Chantry has the advantage in wrestling. Although both fighters are black belts, Chantry looks a bit better in that department winning 8 fights by sub. Even though Nadir mix it up well with his takedowns I think this fight he will have to avoid that as Chantry will go for sub on every ocasion he will have.

Next is up to the 135 lbs fighters to perform as Hector Linhares (12-4-1) faces Atonal Trujilo (15-6-1). Trujilo runs a 3 fight winning streak impressing in his last 2 fights winning them by TKO. Trujilo has the advantage in the stand up department while Linhares will have the advantage in BJJ. Even thow Linhares has a black belt in BJJ he only won one fight by the way of submission. I think if Trujilo brings his A game like he did in the last 3 matches he will win this fight.

With three fights left, we will have a contest between Bobby Butcher (17-8) and Oliver Levasseur (12-10). Butcher is a former MFN 155 lbs champion and he is on a 4 fight lossing streak. This is the worst period for him since he became a mma fighter. He is an explosive striker and he has 16 wins by KO witch is impresive. His last 2 fights was against 2 good BJJ practicions and Lavasseur is at good like them in that department. Lavasseur is a crafter fighter and his fans at MFN loves him, as he fought all his fight here. Will be interesting to see if Butcher can keep the fight standing.

My prediction: Butcher will KO Lavasseur in the first round.

Co-main event (145 lbs)

Frank Crillo (20-7) vs Magnus Landeskog (9-3)

Crillo is the former 135 lbs champion of MFN so he lookes to make a good fight to get him back on the track. Maybe if he wins and makes it in a good fashion he will probably get soon another chance at the title. Crillo has a slite advantage in the wrestling department while Landeskog has the advantage in the boxing department.

My prediction: Crillo will win by decision. He is the more expirinced fighter and I am sure he will use his wisdom.

And now the Main event of the evening

This is the match for the 145 lbs title of MFN:

Marc Zietsch (15-6) vs Mark Borocop (15-5)

The contender Borocop is a exceptional boxer, a wonderfull wrestler and a brown belt it jiu-jitsu. In his last match Borocop managed to resist Tarnowski presure even when the fight got to the ground and he maneged a great TKO within 3 min of the fight.

The champion Zietsch is an exceptional boxing and muay thai, an sensational wrestler and a brown belt. Zietsch showed he’s verry crafted winning his 5 last fight either by submission, KO or decision. Zietsch looks to me like hes the more rounded guy here

My prediction Zietsch will win by decision.

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1406835858MFN_122_poster.jpg

MFN 122:Dogu vs Ring! As always a pleasure for me to be here. This event will take place at Belle Centre and is being sponsored by Fury Nutrition Inc as well as Vandal Fight Boutique & Laundry.

Undercard

So we get the card started with a Welterweight match up between Pawel Konopacki (14-7) and Jordan Belfort (3-2). Konopacki will make his debut so we’ll see if he gets the chitles or not. He is the more mature and more expirienced fighter but Belfort looks very confident as he curently is on a 3 fight winning streak. Belfort seems to have the stand up advantage and we will see what he can do

My prediction: Belfort wins by decision.

Second match of the night: Bill H Ahellno (11-9) vs Jack Campbell (11-9). Neither of these fighters had any luck yet in MFN as they lost their first fights/fight. Beside that Ahellno is a fight of the night machine as he won it twice since in 2 events (100%) since he joined MFN. Campbell seems to have a slith desavantage in the boxind department but he seem better in every other aspect.

I think it’s Campbell fight up for the grab.

Third match will be in the Lightweight division: Johny Garcia (16-12) vs Adam Ash (9-6-1). Garcia is on a 4 fights loosing streak and I think he asked for an easier fight, but don’t take Ash to easily as he can still win this fight. Garcia I have to say looks better almost in every aspect of MMA.

My prediction Garcia wins by KO/TKO.

The next match is in the Middleweight division: Myles O Donnell (14-6) takes on Nikolay Capriotti (9-6-1). Capriotti is making his debut while O Donnell is looking after his first win in MFN having lost the 2 fights he had here. O Donnell seems to have a slite muay thai advantage but Capriotti is an elite wrestler and a black belt. O Donnell had some problem recently against good wrestlers and I must say Capriotti looks better then good, I might say he’s an world class wrestler.

My prediction: Capriotti will win with his superior wrestling and BJJ.

The last fight on the undercard is between Gyawang Lhad (12-4) and Anderson Fontes (17-10). This match is a clasic wrestler vs striker. Fontes is definetly the more better fighter on the feet while Lhad is better on the ground. Fontes seems to be the more experienced fighter, having fougth 27 fights already and he seems to have no regard for his safety having ended up with 13 wins by KO and 9 loses by KO. Both fighters are making their debut and it will be interesting who’s nerves will hold up better.

And that concludes our Undercard

Maincard:

We get the main card going with the fight between: : Wolfram Stelzer (9-3-1) and Raijin Kage (9-3-1).This is a redo match from MFN 114 when the two fighters obteined a draw. Kage is unbeated since joining MFN and he’ll look to still continue in that fashion. He has a definete advantage in muay thai and BJJ while Stelzer is better on the feet. Will be a very interesting fight enspecially that the two fighters know each other. Even though Stelzer is only a brown belt 7 of his 9 wins whent by way of submission so it won’t be easy with him on the canvas. Kage had him rock last time and this fight I don’t think he will let the judges decide.

Second match in the Maincard: Dominic Sterrey (10-3) vs Glin Burman (13-14). Sterrey will be making his debut at MFN and we’ll see what he’s capable of.This fight is a clasic grapler vs striker as you can clearly see that Sterrey is better on the ground while Burman should have the advantage on the feet. Burman is currently having a good period of time winning 4 out of his last 5 fights all by KO or TKO, while Sterrey is strugalinga bit after lossing his belt in Dominance. Sterrey has never been submitted or Ko’ed in his career and will be Burman the first to do it? We’ll have to wait and see.

Even thow Burman is the more expirienced fighter I think Sterrey will come back from his defeats and win tonight.

Next match of the evening will be Roberto Sturmpruengel (15-7) against Battousai The Slasher (20-6-2). The Slasher will be making his debut, and some of the hanes are hyped for that. He’s a former DSC, Evil Empire, Feral Comabat and Death by cage Middleweight champion, so he has an impresive pedigree. Sturmpruengel seems to have a very slight advantage in the boxing department but The Slasher seems to have the upper hand in muay thai and wrestling. Sturmpryengel struggled a bit last match against a good wrestler and I predict he will have a hard time with The Slasher as well.

Next we have our Co-main event of the evening in the 170 lbs division: Maubee Away (16-10-1) vs Ryan Wagner (11-2). I absolutly love the fighting style of Wagner, all his 13 fights ended up with a KO/TKO, which means for us that we will see a war every time he performes. He didn’t leave any of his fights in the hands of the judges and all the fans love to see this kind of determination. Away on the other had is one good BJJ as he won 11 fights by the way of submission. Will be interesting to see if Wagner can keep the fight standing. The key to win for Away is to take his opponent on the ground and try either to GNP or sub him, while Wagner has to keep the fight standing and look for a ko/tko finish.

And Now the Main event:

Fighting for the MFN Welterweight belt. The champion Organ Dogu (20-6) will be facing the challanger Jeremy Ring (19-7) in a 5 round war. This is Dogu first title defence after he took the belt from Wagner in his debut at MFN. In Ring he will fight a muay thai expert so he better stay away from his elbows and knees. Ring is currently riding a 11 fight win streak and he finish all of them by TKO or KO. The key to victory for Dogu in this fight is the same as the last one, to use his world class wrestling and get him to the ground where he can work a TKO ground and pound.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1406835858MFN_122_poster.jpg

Hellow Hellow. I’m Assassin here from Belle Center and I will be reviewing the MFN 122. The total atendance today was 17.549 and a total of 40,603 PPV sales.

Let’s get the Undercard going:

Pawel Konopacki (14-7) vs Jordan Belfort (3-2) --> at 170 lbs

I have to admit I was surprized a bit about how the fight went. After a few punches and kick on the feet Konopacki managed to get into clinch with Belfort. Imediate he went for the takedown and he got it. Belfort was in a lot of trouble then as Konopacki is a sensational wrestler. Belfort tried his best, even went for a triangle, but Konopacki seemed to good for him at the ground game. So after the failed sub attempt, Konopacki tried and achieved full mounth and started a brutal GNP. Punch and elbows started flying and with a few second to the final bell of the round the referee had no choise but to stop the fight

Official decision: Konopacki wins by TKO (Strikes) at 4:57 in first round.

Bill H Ahellno (11-9) vs Jack Campbell (11-9) --> at 170 lbs

A pretty much stand up fight. Right from the begining Ahellno went for the clinch and after some good shots Campbell managed to pull guard. From there on it was Campbell world, trying sub after sub. He pretty much dominated that round from there on. Second round Campbell after getting hit but 2-3 punches he tried to clinch his oponent and maybe take him on the ground again but with no avail. After 4 minutes in the second round Ahellno managed to place a right jab that rocked Campbell, but he quickly recoverd. Third round after both fighters missing most of their shots, Ahellno was determined to finish the fight and after a good body shot he began throwing punches like crazy. Eventually Campbell dropped and referee stoped the fight. Entertaining fight.

Official decision: Ahellno wins by TKO (Strikes) at 1:37 in round 3.

Jonhnny Garcua (16-12) vs Adam Ash (9-6-1) --> at 155 lbs

Third match is wall all Adam Ash. He dominated the fight on the feet as well as on the ground. He never gave his oponent a chance. On the feet he was the most agresive fighter and landed also more then his oponent. It wasn’t Gargua night as he was way to caucios this fight. The fans was dissapointed of the quality of the fight.

Official decision: Ash wins by Unanimous Decision.

Myles O Donnel (14-6) vs Nikolay Capriotti (9-6-1) --> at 185 lbs

A more closer match then the last but still O Donnel was as well to prudent to not be taken down that he forgot to fight. Most of his attempts was low kicks or head punches. On the other side Capriotti tried punches, knees, elbows, clinch, takedown and he put up a nice display and a pretty dominant one. The only round that was prety even was the third one, other that that Capriotti dominated the fight.

Official decision: Capriotti wins by Unanimous Decision.

Gyawang Lhad (12-4) vs Anderson Fontes (17-10) --> at 265 lbs

A stand up war, that is how I can discribe this bout. Right form the begining Lhad went for clinch but after getting it, he got a upercut as well that cut him. Lhad was keep trying to get the clinch but Fontes was on top as he dominated that part as well. Lhad even tried a takedown but quickly jumped back to the feet after getting it. Fontes for sure dominated that round. Second round was almost the same as the first one but this time Lhad came up at the better end and I though he won that round.

In the third round Lhad isntead of trying to keep the fight from the distance which he clearly won, he kept trying to clinch and it cost him in the end. After 2 min and 45 seconds from the clinch Fontes lunched a nice knee right to the head of his oponent and he droped him finishing with strikes.

Official decision: Fontes wins by TKO (Strikes) at 2:57 in round 3.

And that conclude the Undercard.

It’s time for our Main card:

Wolfram Stelzer (9-3-1) vs Raijin Kage (9-3-1) --> at 155 lbs

An up and forward grappling contest. Neither of the fighters were interested in standing and trading punches. Each time the referee stand them up soon after Kage took the fight to the ground. Both fighter on the ground tried a few sub but none of them managed to take the win by way of submission. Even on the ground both fighters looked scared to engage with GNP because of the solid jiu jitzu game of each other

Official decision: Kage wins by Unanimous Decision. And he gets his revange. Maybe a trilogy to put this rivally at ease.

Dominic Sterrey (10-3) vs Glin Burman (13-14) --> at 170 lbs

This match showed us the capacity of Sterrey to dominate a fighter that isn’t that good of a wrestler. Burman wasn’t able to stuff the takedowns and after he got taken down he wasn’t able to escape. They exchanged a few punches and kicks but most of the fight was on the ground wher Sterrey dominated it, putting a good GNP on his oponent even if most of them didn’t hit the target. In the end the fans weren’t that pleased of the two fighters

Official decision: Sterrey wins by Unanimous Decision, just like I predicted.

Roberto Sturmpruelgel (15-7) vs Battousai The Slasher (20-6-2) --> at 185 lbs

First round Sturmpruelgel dominated it with punches and kick, and The Slasher was pretty prudent and he didn’t tryed that much. Not even a takedown or something, he even got cut in the first round by a one two combination. Even in the clinch, which The Slasher initiated it, still Sturmpruelgel was more active landing a few body and head punches.

In the second roudn The Slasher came up ready to even the fight but after he landed a few nice kicks he got caught by a big hook to the side of the head and the he got knockdown by a big head kick. When The Slasher had almost recovered Sturmpruelgel lands a big left and then unlished a flurry of puncheswhich dropped his oponent and the referee came up to save him.

Official decision: Sturmpruegel wins by TKO (Punches) at 0:51 in round 2.

Co-main Event:

Maubee Away (16-10-1) vs Ryan Wagner (11-2) --> at 170 lbs

The fight started with a feeling of each other power, after they exchanged a few punches. After 1 minute Away closed the distance and managed a nice takedown. After that is was all Away. Wagner tryed his best on the ground even sweeped his oponent and managed to get the mouth. Away quickly moved in half guard and tryed a guillotine but no succes. Insted of doing anything Wagner just stood there on top, but Away managed a superb triangle then quickly change it to an armbar. It was a race with the time but Wagner was forced to tap or his arm would have break.

Official decision: Away wins by Submission (Armbar) at 4:59 in round 1.

Main Event

Fighting for the belt at 170 lbs is:

http://s23.postimg.org/mvs2vkv23/Untitled.png

In the blue corner, the contentder, Jeremy Ring (19-7)

And in the read corner, the champion, Orkan Dogu (20-6)

Just like I predicted Dogu charged and got the fight to the ground right from the begining. After that is was just Dogu, puting a good GNP on his oponent and constant improving his position. With 1 minute left of the first round Dogu mounted Ring and then he unleashed hell on his oponent. Dogu cracked Ring with a nasty head shot and the crowd went whild. After another big head shot, Ring rolled to the side and the referee jumped in to save him and prevent more damage.

Official decision: After 4:55 in round 1, the winner by TKO (Strickes) and still MFN 170 lbs champion, Orkan Dogu.

KO of the night: Orkan Dogu

Sub of the night: Maubee Away

Fight of the night: Roberto Sturmpruelgel vs Battousai The Slasher

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1406836264MFN_123_poster.jpg

MFN 123! As always a pleasure for me to be here. This event will take place at Belle Centre and is being sponsored by Fury Nutrition Inc as well as Vandal Fight Boutique & Laundry.

Undercard

Timpurhkum Chouncheun (12-6) vs Vincent Mangano (6-6) --> at 135 lbs

Timpurkhum is coming his first defeat in his last 5 fights. Even thow he is not that great in the boxing department, he doesn’t take the fights to ground as his kick are very sharp. He is a good powerfull wrestler but he likes to fight on the feet.

Mangano on the other side is coming after a 3 fight losing streak and he only won 1 fights out of 5 in MFN. Even thow he is a good stiker in the last fights he struggled.

My prediction: Timpurkhum will manage a great strike iyt of nowhere and KO his oponent.

Abdullah Goldenberg (13-20) vs Davaanyamyn Byambadorj (12-3)

Goldenbenberg at 34 years old after lossing 3 in a raw surely thinks that signing with MFN could reset his career and go on with a winning streak that will eventually get him a title belt. It’s now or never as he’s skills will surely go down in the next few years.

Byambadorj as well is an excelent addition to MFN, and he is an excelent all around fighter. He is a fighter that tries to finish every fight having 10 KO and 1 sub under his belt. He will have the advantage in muay thai, wrestling and BJJ as well and the only way I see him losing this fight is that he will get too crazy.

My prediction: Byambadorj will win by KO/TKO

Borin Chim (16-5-1) vs Arthur Bishop (3-1) --> at 155 lbs

They seem pretty even. Boris is clearly the more expirienced fighter being 4 years older that his opponent and he has also 18 fights more. Both fighters are exceptional boxers, sensational muay thai practicants and brown belts in BJJ. Bishop is a young and promising fighter and also a KO machine having 3 KO in 3 matches. His only loss was at 18 year old and since then he improved like crazy. He won his debut at MFN and he showed us his improved takedown deffence.

My prediction: Bishop wins by KO/TKO.

Bryan Coleman (5-2) vs Samuel Bellamy (12-6)

Another debutants. Coleman is a hard worker, he train a lot and even thow he had few fights he still had something to drive him forward to train and get better. In his last fights he had a bit of a problem with strong wrestlers that we’re able to put him on the mat. Otherwise in the stand up department he looks very good knocking out 3 oponents in the first round and one in the 3rd round.

Bellamy is an sensational boxer and muay thai practiciant and he also has a brown belt in BJJ but he rarely use his ground game due to his great stand up. He won 11 fights by KO out of his 12. He also struggled a bit against good wrestlers but in this fight both fighters can realy focus on their boxing game.

My prediction: Bellamy wins by KO. Coleman could KO Bellay as well, but we’ll have to wait and see

Tony Grecko (12-3) vs Kaivo Huone (10-6) --> at 135 lbs

Both fighters are very skilled and it should be an very interesting fight. Huone has the advantage in the boxing department while Grecko has the advantage muay thai, wrestling and BJJ. Grecko looks a bit more skilled and he should have a slite advantage enspecially on the ground, but Huone seems a bit more determent. Huone comes after a defeat in which he was outclassed in the first 2 round and in the third round he didn’t managed to get the stoppage.

My prediction: Grecko wins by decision.

Moving on to Main Card:

Reinaldo Aruba (11-5) vs Moses Ohchooto (12-5) --> at 145 lbs

This is a clasic wreslet vs striker fight

Aruba is a good wrestler and a brown bellt in BJJ, but his stand up is prety precare. He only sees one thing: takedown. If he can’t take this fight to the ground he will be in a lot of trubble.

Ohchooto is a sensational muay thai and a remarkable boxing but his ground game doesn’t look that swift. In the last 6-7 fights non of his opponent tried to take the fight to the ground.

My prediction: Aruba will win by submission as he looks a bit more crafted in that department.

Nicodemo Romero (10-4-1) vs Mick Mutters (13-8-1) --> at 155 lbs

This is a remach of the last fight which it was a blast. Both fighters performed superb and the fans were happy therefor came the second match. Romero impressed everyone at his debut but he didn’t managed to win. He has a slite advantage in muay thai and wrestling. Maybe if he doesn’t force the takedown that often maybe he won’t gass out in the last round. Mutters is the more expirienced but in this fight he doesn’t have the advantage.

My prediction: Romero will win this one by decision if he doesn’t force the takedown on every step

Keith Richards (14-8) vs Ivan Terrible (11-4) --> at 155 lbs

Richards is unbeated in MFN currently having a record of 3-0 here at MFN. He is a dangerous guy everywhere but his muay thai stands out being an elite in that department. In Terrible he will face a fierce competitor. He also is unbeated in MFN after winning his debut last fight. His wrestling isn’t that crafted but it could play a big part in this match. Terrible has also the advantage in boxing and BJJ.

My prediction: Terrible will put a good display and win by decision.

Co-Main Event

Eric Cooke (11-9) vs Hannibal Lyons (10-1) --> at 265+ lbs

Both fighters are making their debut at MFN. Cooke changed his manager twice and currently he is doing pretty good, won 4 out of his last 6 fights. He is a very rounded fighter as well as Lyons.

Lyons is a sensational boxing,muay thai and wresler and he only loss one fight in his career. At only 25 years old he’s very good at his stand up so look him to get a quick KO. Can’t wait to see him perform

My prediction: Lyons wins by Ko in the first round.

Main Event

Yo Adrian (17-11) vs Toni Eerikilaa (11-5) --> at 265+ lbs

Adrian is making his debut at MFN and good to see such a hyped fighter joining. I like none of his fights whent to decision. He has all his wins by way ok KO/TKO. He is a former BFE champion and will be looking to rise up in the ranks. Adrian has an enormas KO power and most of his fights didn’t pass the first round.

Eerikilaa is also a Ko master and a former champion of GAMMA. His striking is also master class and we will see a good match.

My prediction: This fight won’t go past the second round, maybe not even the first. Someone will be KO’ed for sure!

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1407337749mfn_125_poster.jpg

MFN 125: Thory vs. Jalovaara! As always a pleasure for me to be here. This event will take place at Montreal Sports Complex and is being sponsored by Fury Nutrition Inc as well as Vandal Fight Boutique & Laundry.

Undercard

Ed Wuncler lii (10-5) vs Ali Pasha (2-0) --> at 135 lbs

Wuncler lii is the more expirienced fighter having with 13 fights more than his oponent and he also is 8 years older. At 29 years he didn’t reach his potential yet. He only won 1 fight in the last 4 and will be looking to get a win over the undefeated Pasha.

Pasha is a young upcomming fighter who has wonderfull boxing and wrestling and won both of his fights here at MFN. His both fights was against fighters in their prime and he was outstanding stuffing their takedowns and beating them on the feet. Hopelly we will see a great stand up match.

My prediction: Pasha wins by decision.

Johny Slicer (18-10) vs Escobar De Vega (6-0) --> at 265 lbs

An very even contest as both fighters are 27 years old, their skills are also near just a bit advantage in the wrestling and BJJ department. Slicer even if he has more hype and popularity as well as more fights he will be facing an undefeated confident De Vega. De Vega recently won his debut and impressed on the feet . Slicer also won his debut and will be looking to advance in the ranking at 265 lbs.

My prediction: De Vega will win because of his more versatill style of fighting.

Richard Jay Franlkin (11-9) vs Walt Disney (5-5) --> at 170 lbs

Frannlkin is a senstational boxer, an profilant muay thai and a remarkable wrestler. He also is a brown belt in BJJ but he rarely use it as he like to stand up and finish the fight by KO or TKO. He is 2 and 2 in MFN and at 24 years old he still has a long career in front of him.

Disney is slitly older, he is an exceptional boxer and wonderfull muay thai and a sensational wrestler. He lacks a bit in the BJJ department and even if he didn’t won any of his fights by sub, he didn’t lose by sub either. He may have lost his last match but he putted a nice display. I think he can win this fight if he goes a bit more aggresive this fight.

Jean-Louis Andre (13-10) vs Naruto Sakuraba (12-6-1) --> at 145 lbs

Andre is an pressure fighter, he likes to take down his oponents and then try to submit or ground and pound them. Andre can surely take most of the fighters down but after that he isn’t either that keen to finish the fight or he can’t. From 13 victories he won 8 by decision and he hadn’t got a stoppage since 2013-08-18.

Sakuraba on the other side is a very versatile fighter, he can either knock you down or submit you. He is a former CEFC champion but here at MFN he must work double hard because the competition is fierce. If he want’s to be a champ here in MFN he will have to prove he can submit or KO everyone he face because his first 2 matches in MFN didn’t go the way he wanted.

My prediction: Sakuraba will win by submission.

And that conclude the Undercard.

Main card:

Rajesh Koothrappali (16-12) vs Sanji Sanpun (9-4) --> at 145 lbs

Koothrappali is a crafty veteran of mma, he almost has 30 fights and he just made his debut at MFN last match winning it by the way of submission. He can finish the fight from everywhere having 6 wins by KO/TKO and 6 by submission.

Sanpun is an excelent boxer and muay thai and he also seems to have the advantage in wrestling two. He won his last 3 fights by decision like most of his fights. Sanpun last fight agains Spight and he won it thanks to his wrestling and I think this will play a big part in this fight as well.

My prediction: Sanpun wins by decision.

Rameo Hernanes (13-4-1) vs Horacia Vanderbeet (18-11-1) --> at 135 lbs

Hernanes is a former Hilo and RFC champion and he already dispose of his gittles of fighting in MFN by winning his debut against a good stand up fighter. Since then he took a bit time off to train and improve and he will be looking to show us an even better Hernandes.

Vanderbeet at 25 years has 30 fights and he will make his debut at MFN this night. He’s an sensational wrestler and he’ll show us his class. He is also an remarkable boxer and he likes to mix it up. Vanderbeet had 2 times the chance to be champion in SFC but he blow it up.

My prediction: Vanderbeet wins by decision.

Jan Olov Hermansson (16-9) vs Udo Hitzlsperger (10-1) --> at 155 lbs

This is an even match up, maybe just a slight advantage for Hitzlsperger in the boxind department, and of course he has a muay thai advantage. Hitzlsperger is a very rounded fighter, trains a lot and picked up some fights. He fought at first at 155 lbs till he joined MFN. At first he fought at 145lbs, but now because of his intense musstle training he can’t make 145 so he moved to 155lbs. He is curently having a 3 fight winning streak, 2 of them are at 155 lbs. If he continues in this fashion he will soon knock at the door of the title shot. Hermansson has finally reach to win his first fight at MFN after 3 bounts. He has some problems in the muay thai department and I think his oponent will try to use that as his advantage.

My prediction: Hitzlsperger wins by decision.

Co-Main Event:

Taneli Maija (13-6) vs Yamamoto Takiyama (15-11-2) --> at 170 lbs

Man what a grappling match awaits us. Both fighters will be looking for submission after submission. Maija has a bit advantaje in the BJJ department but Takiyama should have the advantage in the stand up, so in my opinion he should keep the fight standing. Both fighters are excelent Jiu jitzu practicants, Majia having 10 wins by sub while Takiyama has 12 wins by sub. The only defeat they have is against great stand up fighters who Ko’ed them. Even thow Takiyama has the advantage in wrestling, I’m not sure he will try to take Majia down, we’ll have to see what happends.

Main event:

Vic Thory (21-7) vs Jaska Jalovaara (13-1) --> at 185 lbs

This will be a title fight for the 185 lbs belt:

Thory will be making his first title defense and he is currently on a 4 fight winning streak. He is a very agresive fighter, loves to Ko his oponents, and he currently has 18 wins by KO/TKO. He is an sensational boxer and wresler, an suberb muay thai, and he also has a brown belt under the Gracie family. Last match he won his first fight by sub and in what a moment, with only 2 seconds to go.

Jaska Jalovaara has 13 wins and only 1 loss, and that was against a very good wrestler and since then he’s been working very hard to improve his wrestling. Jaska Jalovaara is a sensational boxer and wrestler, he also has wonderfull muay thai and a black belt in BJJ. Even thow he improves every time we see him in the ring, can he bring the match to the current champion?

My prediction: Thory will win by KO/TKO in the 3rd round.

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1407337749mfn_125_poster.jpg

Hellow Hellow. I’m Assassin here from Montreal Sports Center and I will be reviewing the MFN 125. The total atendance today was 10.379.

Let’s get the Undercard going:

Richard Jay Franlkin (11-9) vs Walt Disney (5-5) --> at 170 lbs

A good fight, Disney like I said he need to come more agressive this fight which he did. He came up right from the start got into clinch and dominated the first round. Second round was pretty much the same, as Disney quickly grab Franlkin into clinch and even thow Franlkin got out a few times, Disney got him back in the clinch. The third round even thow Disney was in lead he still looked for the finish and after 4 min he managed to rock his oponent with a knee to the head from the clinch. Both fighters started swinghing in the crowd cheers and then with an upercut Disney dropped Franlkin. Just a few punches managed to land before the referee stopped the fight

Official decision: Disney wins by TKO (Strickes) at 4:34 in round 3.

Jean-Louis Andre (13-10) vs Naruto Sakuraba (12-6-1) --> at 145 lbs

This was an all grappling war. Andre started better the first round taking Sakuraba down after 1 min and a half and dominated that round. Second round was pretty much the same. The third round was a sub round, there was 7 failed attempts untill Andre being very active from the ground, managed to pull off an armbar even thow Sakuraba was trying his best. At the end Sakurama coudn’t resist the armbar and had to tap.

Official decision: Andre wins by submission (Armbar) at 4:47 in round 3.

Ed Wuncler lii (10-5) vs Ali Pasha (2-0) --> at 135 lbs

A great standup fight. In the first round punches was flying all the way, but Wuncler lii got just a bit nod. Second round after 3 minutes Pasha almost Ko’ed Wuncler lii rocking him with a great whith a counter crisp hook. Even thow second round was more even it still went the way of Wuncler lii. The third round was another close contest but neither of the fighter could get the finish

I thoght Pasha will win by decision but Wunclear lii surely prove him wrong.

Official decision: Wuncler Iii won by Unanimous Decision.

Taneli Maija (13-6) vs Yamamoto Takiyama (15-11-2) --> at 170 lbs

Right from the start Takiyama managed to get the clinch and then imediate the takedown. Takiyama was to confident in his wrestling and tryed some sub attempts from the top, but with no avail. Then it was Majia turn to try the submissions. After 2 fails attempts in row he managed to go from a triangle to an armbar and Takiyama didn’t have any chance.

If Takiyama would have kept in on the feet he might had a better chance.

Official decision: Majia wins by submission (Armbar) at 2:55 in round 1.

And that Concludes the Undercard:

Main Card:

Rajesh Koothrappali (16-12) vs Sanji Sanpun (9-4) --> at 145 lbs

It was a close fight and they did their best. First round Sanpun dominated almost all the round, after taking down his oponent in the begining and keeping top position most of the round. Second round was the redemtion for Koothrappali who managed to keep the fight on the feet and showing his class in the stand up department. After 2 rounds the score was even so both fighters had to go for the kill. The third round was close but Sanpun lost it even thow he got the takedown in his last minute.

Even thow I thought Sanpun will get more takedowns and win the fight by decision, Koothrappali prove me wrong and improved his takedowns defence.

Official decision: Koothrappali wins by unanimous decision.

Johny Slicer (18-10) vs Escobar De Vega (6-0) --> at 265 lbs

What a fight. De Vega surely got a bright future as he performed almost perfect again. I known he was more versatile then his oponent but he really outclassed him. The first round was very dominant for De Vega. Second round started pretty much the same as it end in the first round. After 40 second in the second round De Vega with a wildy hook half blocked manged to rock his oponent. He quicly closed the distance and with a huge huge slam he Knock Slicer out

Official decision: De Vega wins by KO (Slam) at 0:51 minutes in round 2.

Rameo Hernanes (13-4-1) vs Horacia Vanderbeet (18-11-1) --> at 135 lbs

A quick enjoillable fight. I though Henanes will do more even stuff the takedowns of his oponent, but clearly I was wrong. Right form the start Vanderbeet took his oponent down. Hernanes was expecting this and tryed 2 sub attempts. After that failed, Vanderbeet started working, punch, elbows and everything he could. He improved and got to the mouth position, there was just a question when will the referee stop the fight. After a couple of big shot directly to the head the referee had no choice but to stop the fight.

Official decision: Vanderbeet wins by TKO (Strickes) at 3:50 in round.

Co-main Event:

Jan Olov Hermansson (16-9) vs Udo Hitzlsperger (10-1) --> at 155 lbs

Another fight that didn’t pass the first round. Hitzlsperger was a bit too cautios in my opinion. He tried and managed to clinch his oponent but Hermansson managed to pull guard. After 5 or so failed submission from the bottom Hermansson managed to revarse the position and got top position and he imediatly looked for a RNC ang got it in a couple of seconds.

Hermansson proved everyone wrong, including me, who did think that Hitzlsperger will stand a chance and maybe win by decision avoiding the ground game.

Official decision: Hermansson wins by submission (RNC) at 4:59 in first round.

Main event:

This was the fight for the 185 lbs belt:

http://s17.postimg.org/kypj19s6n/Untitled.png

In the blue corner, the contentder, Jaska Jalovaara (13-1)

And in the read corner, the champion, Vic Thory (21-7)

What a fight, Fight of the night for sure, and maybe even fight of the year. Right from the first round Vic Thory was cut but he didn’t pay to much atention to that. The end of the first round found both fighters throwing leg kicks and punches but Jalovaara got the nod. The second round Thory mixed it up and took his oponent down then got a clinch work, brook it and work again. He surely dominated tha round. Third round Thory showed his class again on the feet and managed to get more damage then his oponent. The score had to be like 2-1 for Thory till now. With the begining of the forth round broght a looping right hand from Thory and Jalovaara was rocked but managed to recover. After that shot Jalovaara still seemed a bit off. Fourth round was definently Thory’s and Jalovaara had to look for a finish in the 5ht round. Jalovaara managed to get the fight to the ground and worked his best but coudn’t submit his oponent. After the stand up Thory had no reason to push it and the fight went to deicision

Official decision: After 5 round, the winner by Unanimous decision (48-47) (48-47) (48-47) the winner and ..... still MFN 185 lbs champion, Vic „The Future” Thory.

KO of the night: Horacio Vanderbeet

Sub of the night: Taneli Maijia

Fight of the night: Vic Thory vs Jaska Jalovaara

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13766066319882.png

MFN reigning LW champ (4-0-1 in MFN) had this to say to the broadcast team as he was ringside at MFN 125:

I hope Nick Shields wins the title eliminator against Irenicus Wednesday. Irenicus is too afraid to fight me so he won't re-sign with MFN. I'd also like to take this opportunity to call out the 145 champ Mark Borocop. There is no reason MFN's biggest star shouldn't hold two belts. Unfortunately for Borocop, he's got something that I want.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1407765805MFN_128_poster.jpg

MFN 128! As always a pleasure for me to be here. This event will take place at Belle Center and is being sponsored by Fury Nutrition Inc as well as Vandal Fight Boutique & Laundry.

We get started with the Undercard:

Rubin Carter (10-10) vs Carolus Rex (1-1) --> at 185 lbs

Rex is a young up and coming fighter having just 22 years and only 2 fights. He won 1 on decision and lost one on decision as well. Rex just won his debut in MFN and he is looking forward to go on a winning streak. He is counting very much on his wrestling and if he can’t get the fight to the ground he will have some trouble.

Carter in the other corner is a 28 year old grinder, he has 10 wins and 10 losses. Most of his wins and losses came with the KO so look for another finish tonight. He has had a few problems in the wrestling department but I think he worked out good and he can make his stand.

My prediction: Carter wins by way of KO.

Keldorn Firecam (4-1) vs Dalinar Kholin (3-2) --> at 265 lbs

An very very even fight as both fighters are sensational boxing , muay thai and both are black belts. The only difference it seems a bit slight advantage for Firecam in the wrestling department. Also both fighters have 24 years, both have 5 fights and both are KO masters. Althow I have as favorite the romanian but I’m not sure he can do what it takes to win.

My prediction: Firecam wins by Ko/TKO.

Rupert Psmith (7-2) vs Johannes Maanpohja (7-10) --> at 170 lbs

Psmith has the advantage in the boxing, muay thai and wrestler department, but Maanpohja has the advantage in the BJJ department. Psmith came up in MFC with a perfect 7-0 from which 6 was by KO/TKO. Since he joined the MFN he lost his first 2 matches and is looking twards his first win.

Maanpohja is more of the BJJ guy, winning most of his fights with submissions. Will see if Psmith can hold his ground against such a good grapler.

My prediction: Maanpohja wins by submission in second round.

Rafael Suez (13-8) vs Diego Nunes (20-16) --> at 145 lbs

Suez seems to be the better fighter but cant count Nunes out. Suez seems to have the advantage in boxing, muay thai and wrestling, but he also won his fight either by decision or by submission being a brown belt in BJJ.

Nunes is also a decision fighter most of the time 15 fights of his 20 was won by decision. He just won his last fight after 3 fight lossing streak.

My prediction: Suez wins by decision.

Myers Hockles (10-4) vs Oliver Levasseur (12-11) --> at 155 lbs

Hockles is a proficient boxer, sensational muay thai, exceptional wrestler and a purple belt in BJJ. At 25 years old he already has 10 wins, 6 by KO and he has 4 fight winning streak which he will be looking to continue. His way to win this fight is to stand up, stop his oponent takedown and maybe look to Ko him with a head kick.

Levasseur is a bit more expirinced, he is astrong boxing, respectable muay thai, sensational wrestler and ablack belt. He is more versatil then his oponent and he managed to win by Ko and by sub as well. The key to winning tonight is to get his oponent on the ground and submit him.

My prediction: Based on the last fight I have to go with Hockles by way of KO/TKO.

And that concludes the Undercard

Main card:

Mad Dog Vachon li (9-7-1) vs Greg Garrison (11-4) --> at 265 lbs

Garrison is the most echilibrate fighter he seems to know a bit of everything. On the other side Vachon li is a great boxer and wrestler, but he only use his wrestling to keep the fight standing. All his 9 wins came up by way of KO/TKO and he’s looking to start at MFN in that fashion as well. Garrison is also the most expirienced fighter, he even fought for a belt at AMS but he lost both of the oportunities by KO. Actually those are his only losses in the last 10 fights.

My prediction: Garrison will mix it up and win by KO/TKO.

Otis Driftwood (15-7-1) vs Adolf Ellenberger (17-7) --> at 170 lbs

Both fighters are 27 years old, they are both versatile fighters, they win by KO and submission most of their fight. Driftwood has the advantage in the boxing and in the wrestling department, while Ellenberger is stronger in muay thai and BJJ, and he also has 10 cm over his oponent. Driftwoond just got his second win in MFN and is looking to make the third one. On the other side Ellenberger is 1-1 in MFN and he lost his last fight against Kazuhiro.

My prediction: I have to go with Ellenberger with an decision call.

Django Brown (13-5) vs Uriaj Faber (16-13-1) --> at 135 lbs

Two veterans of MFN will face off. Brown had all his fights in MFN and he currently runs a 4 fight winning streak, and at just 24 years old he is a very promising fighter. Faber had 14 fights in MFN and has a record of 7 and 7. They are both black belts, Faber has a slight advantage in boxing and wrestling. Brown is very talented on the ground and I think both of this fighters will go for takedowns and after that submission after submission. Faber’s ground game didn’t look so good in the last 4-5 matches and I think he should stay away of that part of the field.

My prediction: Brown wins by submission in the second round.

Co-main event:

Mike Ross (17-5-1) vs Winston McCall (18-6-1) --> at 155 lb

Both fighters exchampions in other organisations. Ross was a champion in Federal Combat while McCall was champion in SPNY. They both came here as champions haven’t lossing their belt in the other org. As of their skills, they both are exceptional boxers and wrestlers , and the difference is in the muay thai and BJ where Ross has a slite advantage. Even thow McCall is only brown belt, he has already 7 wins by submission.

My prediction: McCall wins by decision.

Main event:

Ryan O Reily (12-4) vs Andrey Tutov (15-8) --> at 135 lbs

O Reily is a popular fighter , he has been the champion two times in MFN. He lost last fight against Lemieux and he surely he needs to get a few hype fights to get another title shot. He is an exceptional boxer, an remarkable muay thai, an elite wrestler and a black belt in BJJ. He won 8 of his 12 fights by way of submission and he’ll be looking to do it again.

Tutov after 3 fight winning streak he lost agains Chekhov. He has had 2 title shot since now and he lost it both. He is a sensational wrestler and boxer, an exceptional muay thai and a black belt in BJJ. He is fighting more cautious lately and the last 3 fights they went to decision

My prediction: O Really wins by submission

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1407765805MFN_128_poster.jpg

Hellow Hellow. I’m Assassin here from Belle Center and I will be reviewing the MFN 118. The total atendance today was 19.663. Man what a card, lots of finishes and the judges just had to enjoy most of the fights. There were 3 submissions, 5 (T)KO’es and just 2 decision.

Now let’s start with the Undercard:

Rubin Carter (10-10) vs Carolus Rex (1-1) --> at 185 lbs

A quick fight, Carter shown his class in just a few minutes he fought. Right from the beginning Rex got the fight to the ground but Carter managed to hold him from doing anything and the ref had to stand them up. After that it was all Carter just like I predicted he moved quick on the feet and land 2 big punches, one of which cut Rex. After another hook Rex was rocked. Carter saw his oportunity and got close, pinned Rex in a clinch and after a big upercut Rex was down. Carter started unloading with punches till the referee stoped the fight.

Official decision: Rubin Carter wins by TKO (Punches) at 2:46 in round 1.

Keldorn Firecam (4-1) vs Dalinar Kholin (3-2) --> at 265 lbs

A quick fury as only 15 seconds pasted till Kholin was cauthg with an upercut and got cut. After 25 seconds Firecam eates a right hook and both fighters were bleeding already. Firecam got angry and with a fast jab knockdown his oponent, that is pure power there. Kholin got right back on the feet but was still a bit shaken. They exchanged a few more punches and kicks and after 2 min Firecam with a brutal hook caught Kholin and he went in dream world. Just like I predicted Firecam KO’ed his oponent

Official decision: Firecam wins by KO (Punch) at 2:09 in round 1.

Rupert Psmith (7-2) vs Johannes Maanpohja (7-10) --> at 170 lbs

Man I was wrong with my prediction this time, I really thaught Maanpohja can take down his oponent but it was just a slug fest with Psmith in the main role. Maanpohja just tryed to go for takedown after takedown, didn’t even tried to set it up with a punch or something. Psmith made him pay fro every attempt suffind them and unloading with big punches.Just a bit after 1 min Maanpohja eats a big upercat that knock him down. After he got up he managed to slip one punch but was hit by another big upercut and the fight was over

Official decision: Psmith wins by KO (Punch) at 1:18 in round 1.

Rafael Suez (13-8) vs Diego Nunes (20-16) --> at 145 lbs

After 3 great fights fans was expecting more from this 2 fighters, but sadly they didn’t deliver so much. It was an chess match on the ground and the fans didn’t enjoy it so much. In the first round most of the fight was spent on the ground after Suez managed to take 2 times his oponent down. He managed to improve his position and both fighters went for submission but with no avail. Second round was pretty much the same as the first with Suez managing to take the fight to the ground 2 times. The only difference from the first round that this time Suez managed to finish one of his submission

Official decision: Suez wins by submission (Armbar) at 4:26 in round 2.

Myers Hockles (10-4) vs Oliver Levasseur (12-11) --> at 155 lbs

A nice fight between an striker vs a grappler. First round started with a cut for Oliber from the first kick of the night but he didn’t care about that and managed a takedown just after 30 second. After that it was all Levasseur trying submission, improving his position and landing a lot of GNP. He even rocked his oponent with 20 second left to go of the first round but instead of continuing his GNP he went for a submission and he didn’t get it. Second round was all Hockles landing punches and kicks and moving in and out of range almost perfect. He stuffed a lot of takedowns as well. Even with the takedown with 30 seconds left to go Levasseur coudn’t hope to win that round. Third round was even worse for Levasseur as he didn’t do anything beside failed takedowns attempts. He ate a few punches and kicks and the judges seemed enough. I really thaught Hockles will KO his oponent but I quess after that big takedown in round 1 he was a bit more prudent.

Official decision: Hockles wins by unanimous decision.

And that concludes our Undercard.

Main card:

Mad Dog Vachon li (9-7-1) vs Greg Garrison (11-4) --> at 265 lbs

The fight started better for Vochon li but after the takedown it all went Garrison way. Imediate after the takedown Garrison scrambled good and ended up in full guard. After that strategicaly Garrison striked and almost after each fight eaten Vachon li gave up an even better position. Garrison worked his way up till he got the full month. After that he postured up he land a brutal elbow which ended the fight because referee saw that Vachon li was out.

Official decision: Garrison wins by TKO (Strikes) at 4:56 in round 1.

Otis Driftwood (15-7-1) vs Adolf Ellenberger (17-7) --> at 170 lbs

An very entertaining stand up fight. First round both fighters came up swinging, Ellenberger however was a bit more acurate, as Driftwood gone for the power and his strikes didn’t land. From the judges point of view Ellenberger clearly dominated the first round so there was no question about that. Second round Ellenberger tried to mix it up more right from the start getting into clinch landing some punches then he relese his oponent. Driftwood tehnique didn’t look so sharp today, even the punches that landed didn’t look so good. After Ellenberger eated a punch to the body he imidiate gone on offence and connected with a looping right hand that rocked his oponent. After that a big right overhand came and put his oponent down. After some punches on the ground the ref stopped the punishment.

Official decision: Ellenberger wins by TKO (Strikes) at 1:45 in round 2.

Django Brown (13-5) vs Uriaj Faber (16-13-1) --> at 135 lbs

I thought this fight will go Brown way but I was really wrong as Faber proved everyone wrong who didn’t think he has enoght to beat Brown. It was splendid grappling match between this 2 black belts, as the fight could have been stopped anytime of the 21 submissions attempts. All the rounds looked pretty much the same as Faber quickly reverse the takedown into his favor and got top position. Just the first round he got the takedown first and controlled all the rest of the round.

Official decision: Faber wins by Unanimous Decision.

Co-main event:

Mike Ross (17-5-1) vs Winston McCall (18-6-1) --> at 155 lb

Right form the begining Ross came up more equilibrate, landing few kicks then imediate got the takedown. Then both fighters scrambled for position and gone for takedowns but Ross always came up top. Even thow the there wasn’t much action Ross managed to advance position on the ground and with 1 minute and 40 seconds he advanced into full mounth from where he quickly jumped after a armbar. McCall had to tap so his hand woudn’t break and the ref stopped the fight.

Official decision: Ross wins by Submission (Armbar) at 4:55 in round 1.

Main event:

http://s28.postimg.org/6d12hnnyl/image.png

Ryan O Reily (12-4) vs Andrey Tutov (15-8) --> at 135 lbs

Man did the fans love this fight. Both fighters delivered and everyone was happy.

First half: Both fighters came up confident exchanging a few punches. Tutov seem a bit more quicker on the feet and as he saw the first change after a missed body punch from O Reily he quickly took the fight on the mat. After the takedown he kept the top position for most of the round. Even thow he won the first round he was close to tap out when O Reily managed to get the top position and started to throw strikes.

Second round: Was pretty much the same as the first as Tutov counter a ugly left hook that missed from O Reily and got the fight again on the ground. It was a scramble for position, at some time Tutov even had the full month then O Reily managed to get the top position and even tried a triangle but with no avail. Very close round but could have gone O Reily way.

Third round: O Reily came more determined and after a few missed strikes he took Tutov to the ground. With one minute gone Tutov managed a great sweep and ended in full month. After that Tutov postured up and landed strike after strike. Seen that O Reily can really take punishment, Tutov he went for a submission. He quickly hop from the arm triangle and into an anaconda choke. O Reily showed us his hart again refusing to tap, but in the end he gone out, after his face changed a few nasty shades of purple.

Official decision: Tutov wins by Submission (Anaconda Choke) at 2:24 in round 3.

KO of the night: Rupert Psmith

Sub of the night: Mike Ross

Fight of the night: Andrey Tutov vs Ryan O Reily

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1408379123MFN_131_poster.jpg

MFN 131! As always a pleasure for me to be here. This event will take place at Belle Center and is being sponsored by Fury Nutrition Inc as well as Vandal Fight Boutique & Laundry.

We start with the Undercard:

Felipe Calderon (19-4) vs Anton Chekhov (14-4) --> at 205 lbs

It’s an interesting fight, very even looking skills. Both have sensational boxing, exceptionat muay thai and wrestling. The only difference in their primary seems to be in the BJJ departmnet when Calderon is a black belt and Chekhov is only a brown belt. Both fighters are looking for their first win, Calderon making his debut while Jones lost his and is looking for redemtion. Calderon seems to be the more versatile fighter.

My prediction: Calderon wins by decision.

Friedrich Bergfried (14-7) vs Mannix McGuines (11-11) --> at 135 lbs

Two aditions to the MFN that had failed to perform at this level till now. They both lost their first two fights in MFN. I’ve heard from around that they went into hard training champs to get back on the track.

Bergfired is a former UFL champion, has elite muay thai, sensational boxing and wrestling and a brown belt in BJJ. His last 2 fights we’re two close lose by the way of decision.

McGuines on the other hand is a wonderfull muay thai, an exceptional boxer and wrestler and a black belt in BJJ. In first 2 fights here at MFN he showed us he is a little to rounded and doesn’t have a very strong base in any aspect, losing first fight to a good striker and second to a good wrestler.

My prediction: Bergfried wins by decision or KO.

JB Brubaker (9-5) vs Mahavir Ramanujam (11-4-1) --> at 145 lbs

An very even and close match up. The only sisable advantage seems to be in the BJJ department for Ramanujam, who display a verry good ground game in his fights. Both fighters tasted succes in MFN and I’m sure they want the fans to get beside them, because when your not alone everything is possible. Brubaker uses very much his wrestling and takedowns in his fights but I think he will avoid going to ground with such a dangerous oponent.

My prediction: Ramanujam wins by submission in the third round.

Tommaso Baroni (6-3) vs Abed Nadir (14-10-1) --> at 205 lbs

Baroni is a sensational boxer and that shows in his fights, all his wins are by way of KO/TKO. Nadir is as well a finished has 9 KO/TKO’s and he has a slite advantage in the muay thai department and he also has the advantage in the BJJ department. He is also a black belt but he rarely use it. Nadir is also more expirienced, and I think he is the favorite in this fight.

My prediction: Nadir will win by decision.

Dusan Kikovic (14-7-1) vs Atonal Trujillo (15-7-1) --> at 135 lbs

An very even fight, just a few advantages in some areas for each of this fighter. Trujillo has just a slite in the boxing and muay thai department while Kikovic is the better fighter in the BJJ department. Both fighter are looking for Ko so it will be a very close fight. Trujillo just lost his first fight after a 3 fight winning streak and he is hungry after another KO. Kikovic on the other hand has 2 fight winning streak and will be looking for the third, and he has a great chin as he never lost a fight by KO or TKO.

My prediction: Trujillo wins by decision.

And that concludes the Undercard

Main card:

Escobar De Vega (7-0) vs Hiruky Matah (15-10)

This fight is for the 265 lbs belt of MFN:

This is the first time the belt at 265 lbs will be handed out. Both fighters will be be looking to get this price. I will like to anounce that Darkness (clothing close) will offer a 10k sponsorship to the winner.

De Vega is a beast, an undefeated fighter. Just a 2 weeks ago he beat Slicer with a Ko by slam. He made quick work of his oponent then. He is an sensational wrestler, an excelent boxer/muay thai and a brown belt in BJJ. He is a finisher, in all his 7 fights just 1 got to decision. In the last 2 fights he shown his class, and we will see if he can do it again.

Matah has lost his first fight at MFN by TKO but still he’s a verry good fighter. He’s a sensational wrestler and a black belt in BJJ. He will surely look to take the fight to the ground as he already has 14 wins by submission. I am certantly he will try but I’m not sure that he can do it.

My prediction: As for prediction I can not give one since my org will be looking to award the winner.

Matthew Godbolt (14-8-1) vs Marcello Cobretti (12-8) --> at 185 lbs

Ahh what a fight awaits us ladies and gentleman, both fighters are very versatile , bot are exceptional boxers, wonderfull muay thai and elite wrestling. The only difference is in the BJJ department where Godbolt is a an black belt and Cobretti is a brown belt. Godbolt is making his debut in MFN while Cobretii won his first 2 fights here. Cobretii pleased his fans here at MFN in his last 2 fights and will be looking to do it again.

My prediction: Godbolt wins by submission.

Hector Linhares (13-4-1) vs Kyle Turris (16-11) --> at 135 lbs

Linhares is a veteran in MFN. He spent all his fights here and he is one of the elite fighters here at 135 lbs. He was even a champion of MFN. He won 2 champion fights and he also lost 2, both agains Rox Lemieux, who will fight tonight in the main event for the title again. Linhares is a great wresler, and he won most of his fights because of that.

Turris is on a 3 fight winning streak, and if he wins this fight, he comes very close to a title shot, maybe one more win if he takes it tonight. He is an exceptional boxer, muay thai and wrestler and he also is a brown belt in BJJ.

My prediction: Linhares wins by decision.

Tony Montana (16-3) vs Kaijin Kage (10-3-1) --> at 155 lbs

Montana is an exceptional boxer, proficient muay thai and wrestler and a black belt in BJJ. He has lost the last match for the title and I heard he trained very hard to come back after that. He only lost 2 fights and won 13 in his last 15 fights. He won MFN 155 lbs title in 29.01.2014 but he lost it next match. He surely is world class and will be top again sometime.

Kage on the other hand is an feeble boxer, wonderfull muay thai, exceptional wrestler and black belt in BJJ. He lost just 1 fight in his last 11 fights and he is looking good. He never lost in MFN and will be looking to ramain undefeated here.

My prediction: Montana wins by decision

Ron Lemieux (19-4) vs Anton Chekhov (14-4) --> at 135 lbs

This was the fight for the 135 lbs belt:

Another title this night. And surely this will be top noch. Lemieux has 4 fight of the night and 6 submisson of the night, while Chekhov has 7 fight of the night awards and another 4 ko of the night.

Lemiuex has 3 wins by TKO/KO 9 by submission and 7 by decision and only 4 losses. Since he’s in MFN he had 6 fights for the title and lost only one of them. On the other side Checkov had 2 fights for the for the title and a record on 1 and 1. He had never been KO’ed in his 18 fights.

Checkov seems to have the advantage on feet looking a bit better in the boxing and muay thai department. On the other side Lemieux has a very slite advantage in the wrestling department.

My prediction: Lemieux wins by decision.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1408379123MFN_131_poster.jpg

Hellow Hellow. I’m Assassin here from Belle Center and I will be reviewing the MFN 131. The total atendance today was 18.339. Today most of the fighters weren’t keen on looking for a finish. There was 1 submissions, 4 (T)KO’es and 5 decisions.

Now let’s start with the Undercard:

Felipe Calderon (19-4) vs Andre Jones (11-8) --> at 205 lbs

A bloody fight was displayed right from the begining. Right from the begining Jones closed the distance and went into clinch. He was more active in clinch but managed to get cut by a hook from Calderon that shook hes head. It was an up and forward round in which Calderon came up better and I think he won it in the judges eyes. Second round the fight got really bloody as Calderon landed a jab witch opened up the cut above the eye of Jones even more. Another few punches from Calderon in the same place and Jones was covered in so much blood that he couldn’t see with that eye any more and the doctor had to stop the fight.

Official decision: Calderon wins by TKO (Cut) at 4:57 in round 2.

Friedrich Bergfried (14-7) vs Mannix McGuines (11-11) --> at 135 lbs

Even thow I thought Bergfried will KO McGuiness it wasn’t that way as it was a very even contest. Both fighters landed shots but Bergfried clearly landed more and as result he won every round 10-9. Beside the second round where it was all about Bergfried, McGuines showed us that he is as rounded as his oponent as they went toe to toe.

Official decision: Bergfried wins by Unanimous Decision

JB Brubaker (9-5) vs Mahavir Ramanujam (11-4-1) --> at 145 lbs

As I sayed I bet on Ramanujam to win by submission but it wasn’t to be, not like he didn’t try to but his oponent defended well on the ground and managed to push the fght to a judge decision. Ramanujam takedown was spot on today getting 4 out of 4 takedowns. The round was spent most of the time on the ground where Ramanujam showed his class. It wasn’t that entertaining as most of the fans were expecting to see more. Brubaker came with the pan but he coudn’t execute it as he wanted and ended up lossing

Official decision: Ramanujam wins by Unanimous Decision.

Tommaso Baroni (6-3) vs Abed Nadir (14-10-1) --> at 205 lbs

An entertaining fight in witch each fighter gave his best. First round both fighters seemed to be interesting in an all stand up fight and Nadir come up a bit better as I thought he will do like this all 3 rounds and win by decision, but man I was wrong.

Second round just before the first minute mark Baroni clobbered Nadir with an overhand right that knockdown Nadir and he almost looked KO’ed, but he managed to get up. After 1 minute and 20 second Baroni connected with an devastating upercut that knockdown Nadir and rocked him. Nadir was yet to get KO as he rised again. In 1 minute Nadir was knockdown again, and again 3 more times, but each time he seemed to get up and fight. After 3 minute Baroni faked a body blow and with a left hook to the templed he switched the light on Nadir. Nadir had a great heard but after 5 Knockdown he was to battered to continue.

Official decision: Baroni wins by KO (Punch) at 3:10 in round 2.

Dusan Kikovic (14-7-1) vs Atonal Trujillo (15-7-1) --> at 135 lbs

I was right again about the fight as I betted on Trujillo to win the fight which he did. The first round was mostly Trujillo as he dominated Kikovic with his punces and kicks. Kikovic seemed to be on the urge more in the second round and with a takedown with 1min and 15 seconds to go it looked that he took with just a little that round. Trujillo didn’t want to leave anything unsattle so he emtyed his gas tank in the third round managing to win it confortably. The judges knowed what they had to do and they delivered.

Official decision: Trujillo wins by Unanimous Decision.

Main card:

Escobar De Vega (7-0) vs Hiruky Matah (15-10) --> at 265 lbs

This fight is for the 265 lbs belt of MFN:

Beside the belt the winning fighter also got a sponsorship with Darkness of 10k$ as I and the owner met and discuss that it’s almost necesary to reward the winner as this is the first time the 265 lbs belt was given at MFN, and we agreed also with the fighter.

First round started with De Vega clinching with his oponent just after a few seconds. After tooking some punches Matah pulled guard and managed to dragg De Vega to the ground. He imediatly gone to submission after submission but De Vega sub defense was too good to be stopped by this way.

Second round De Vega came up stronger stopping takedown after takedown and Matah didn’t know what to do anymore. To be fair he didn’t really try to attempt maybe to set the takedown a bit better. Even in the clinch all Matah was interested to do is either go for takedown or pull guard, but with no avail. With just 2 seconds before the 3 minute mark Matah took a hit right on the chin that rocked him. Matah was trying to recover, but De Vega didn’t give him a chance as he connected with an overhand right that send Matah eyes gazing into the distance. De Vega landed another strike before the referee managed to jump in and stop the fight

Official decision:De Vega wins by KO (Punch) at 3:14 in round 2. The new MFN champion is declared and he received his belt. He also received the card of 10k$ sponsorship from Darkness and he want to thank his fans for the support.

Matthew Godbolt (14-8-1) vs Marcello Cobretti (12-8) --> at 185 lbs

I was really on the spot with my prediction as I predicted that Godbolt will win by decision which he did. It wasn’t an easy fight for him as his oponent made his life very hard in this 3 round war. In first round Godbolt managed to take his oponent on the ground form beginning and managed to pull ahead just a bit. Second round went the other way as Cobretti showed his class getting the takedown in the beginning of the round and dominated the rest of the round. The third was almost the same as the first and Godbolt pushed ahead again in a closely contest .

Official decision: Godbolt wins by Unanimous Decision.

Hector Linhares (13-4-1) vs Kyle Turris (16-11) --> at 135 lbs

A very close fight. In first half Linhares got the takedown just after a few second and managed to keep the fight to the ground where he came up on top. Second round Turris was looking good on the feet getting ahead on the most of the exchanges and being more active. That was untill Linhares saw his oportunity and got the fight to the ground with 1 minute and a half to work. He tryed to impose his BJJ game and tryed 3 submission attempts but with no avail as his oponent blocked them all. The third round wasn’t that different from the second, and Linhares I think he knick it with his takedown and ground game.

Official decision: Linhares wins by split decision.

Co-main Event:

Tony Montana (16-3) vs Kaijin Kage (10-3-1) --> at 155 lbs

The fight started with Kage forcing Montana back against te cage and clinching. It wasn’t long till Kage dropped down and got the takedown. He managed some passing but Montana countered with the same stuff. Both tryed submission at a poin in the 2nd and 3rd minute of the first round but none of them managed to pull of the submission victory. After 3 minutes and a half referee not seeing any action stepped in and standed up the fighters. Montana wasn’t carefull and Kage got an easy takedown right away, very smooth I must say. Right away Kage moved in full mount and started to rain down with shots. After a couple of big stikes Montana got rocked and it didn’t pass too much time till the referee was forced to invervine to save him.

Official decision: Kage wins by TKO (Strikes) at 4:44 in round 1.

Main Event:

Fighting for the 135 lbs belt:

http://s18.postimg.org/3n7gc1s2x/image.png

I n the blue corner the challenger Anton Chekhov (14-4)

And in the red corner the champion Ron Lemieux (19-4)

Man what a great fight and what a great main event, the fans were extatic after the fight and they sayed all their money would have been well spent even if only this fight was displayed all night.

First round it was all Lemieux with his takedowns and his controll. He managed to keep his oponent almost all the round in dominant position and even thow Chekhov tryed to finish with a submission from his back he wasn’t in a real dangere.

Second round was pretty much the same as Lemieux takedown was spot on today, and as soon as the referee stand them up, he went and got the takedown again.

Third round was a standup round, as Lemieux wanted to see the challanger game and Chekhov didn’t disapoing showing his class. Both fighters gone for punches and kicks but Chekhov won the most of the exchanges.

4th round the champ was keen on winning it going for takedown and getting it right from the beginning. After the takedown only GOD knows what drove Chekhov to resist 6 sub attempts from a verry good BJJ practicant. After failing the sub, referee stand them up but after a few punches taken Lemieux got the fight to the ground till the end of the round.

5th round was another great one, as we seen stand up and great ground as well. After doing good on the feet Chekhov got slopy with a leg kick and Lemieux with a double leg takedown, took the fight to the ground. As the fighters were tired not much happened and the referee was force to stand them up. Seing the time is almost up Chekhov tried even the clinch but it wasn’t so good for him as Lemiuex managed to pull guard and imediatly gone for a armbar. The challanger tried to roll out but the sub was too tight, and had to tap.

Official decision: Lemieux wins by Submission (Armbar) at 4:56 in round 5.

We know who will win the submission of the night as Lemieux is the only one who won by submission and the KO and Fight of the Night will be anounce by the owner later this day.

Here from the Belle Center in Montreal I’m going to say good night and good weekend.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1408973634MFN_134_poster.jpg

MFN 134! As always a pleasure for me to be here. This event will take place at Montreal Sports Complex and is being sponsored by Fury Nutrition Inc as well as Vandal Fight Boutique & Laundry.

Undercard:

David Taylor (11-5-1) vs Walt Disney (6-5) --> at 170 lbs

Taylor is making his debut tonight. He’s an interesting fighter, has already 8 wins by KO/TKO. He’s a wonderfull boxer and an elite wrestler so he should be fine wherever the fight goes.

Disney is at his 5th fight here at MFN, and he did well till now, 3 wins and 1 loss. He relansated his career and he wants now to keep pailing the wins. He is a wonderfull muay thai, an exceptional boxer and a wonderfull wrestler. Althow he lacks a bit in the BJJ department he wasn’t submitted till now.

My prediction: Tayler wins by Ko in round 3.

Karl Boreling (13-7) vs Ultimate Revenge (9-9) --> at 205 lbs

It’s a match between a stand up and a wrestler. Boreling is making his debut while Revenge won his debut. Boreling is better on the ground, has a definite advantage in the wrestling and BJJ department even if he hasn’t won by submission till now. He has 11 KO/TKO wins and he is looking good on the ground.

Revenge on the other hand has the advantage in the muay thai and boxing department. He has 3 wins by submission even thow he is only a purple belt so I think people should watch out for him even on the ground. He won his last fight thanks to his wrestling but I say he has to think twice if he realy wants to get the fight to the ground.

My prediction: Boreling wins by KO/TKO in third round.

Gyawang Lhad (12-5) vs Freddy Lee (10-6) --> at 265 lbs

Stand up fighter versus a ground expert. Lhad has 9 wins by KO/TKO and he definently has an advantage in the boxing and muay thai department. Lee on the other hand has 9 wins by submission and 1 by KO/TKO. This fight is very interesting because Lhad is succeptible on submission while Lee has been Ko’ed 5 times. The only question is who can show up better with his gameplan.

My prediction: Lee wins by submission.

Vladimir Kunitskiy (9-4) vs Sanji Sanpun (9-5) --> at 145 lbs

Kunitskiy is a former RYSE champion and after 2 straight losses is looking to reset his career here at MFN. He is good on the feet as well on the ground and he will be looking to impress. He is exceptional in boxing and wrestling and elite in muay thai. He also is a brown belt in BJJ.

Sanpun has a record of 1 and 1 in MFN , he mostly won or lose by decision. He mixes up well every fight but he isn’t looking for the finish, he just lets the fight play. He’s exceptional in muay thai, boxing, senational in wrestling and brown belt in BJJ so he can compete anywhere.

My prediction: Kunitskiy wins by decision.

Nickolau Ketchum (18-13) vs Moses Ohchooto (13-5) --> at 145 lbs

Ketchum is a veteran, he’s 30 years old and has 31 fights till now. He is doing great under the guidance of his new manager having won 5 out of his last 6 fights. OhChooto is a young fighter, at 23 years old he already has 18 fights and most of them at a high level. He is currently running a 3 fight win streak and is looking to add to it. he should have the advantage in muay thai while Ketchum seems to be better on the ground. Ketchum has 15 wins by KO/TKO. He also is a bit overwheight and he will struggle a bit to make the weight.

Main card:

Madz Ladz (12-7) vs Ghiorghos Papadopoulos (16-20) --> at 265 lbs

We have a contest between 2 good finishers, Ladz having 10 wins by TKO/KO and Papadopoulos has all his wins by TKO/KO. Papadoupoulos is more of a boxer while Ladz is better in muay thai. In wrestling department they look the same but in BJJ Ladz has the advantage. This will be a contest between two good wrestlers. I would like to see a good stand up fight but I don’t think this is the case.

My prediction: Ladz wins by TKO in 3rd round.

Fedor Emelianenko (10-4) vs Johny Slicer (18-11) --> at 265 lbs

Emilianenko and Slicer look pretty much the same as the only difference is in the boxing department where Slicer has a slite advantage. Slicer just lost against De Vega and he lost a title shot in this division. He looked pretty mad about that but De Vega didn’t give him much ofa chance. He has been a bit careless in his last fights as well as he either finish them or lost them by KO or TKO. Emilianneko just got to MFN and won by TKO his first fight here. I can’t really predict who will win but should be a hell of a fight and I predict it won’t go to the judges.

Bong Ki Duk (21-12) vs Anderson Fontes (18-10) --> at 265 lbs

An very even fight, just some minor advantages in some aerias. Ki Duk has the advantage in boxing and wrestling, while Fontes has a slite advantage in muay thai. Both fighters have won their debut and they look good doing it. Both fighters won by TKO. They are both Ko artist so look for a quick KO in this fight. Fontes looks a bit more experienced since he fought for the title 5 times in others org but only won it once. I still think Fontes can win this but it can go either way, but I do not think it will go to the judges .

Co-Main event:

Rob Tracey (18-3) vs Rajesh Koothrappali (17-12) --> at 145 lbs

A fight between 2 veterans, Koothrappali is 30 years old while Tracey has 28.

Koothrappali is currently on a 2 win streak in MFN, winning both of his fights here, and he is given a adversary of his caliber. Koothrappali is a remarkable muay thai and wrestler, wonderfull boxer and as well he is a brown belt in BJJ. He is versatile having wins by either (T)KO or submission but he also went a few times to decision.

Ahh Tracey what is there to say any more about this man, he is an remarkable muay thai, a exceptional boxer and wrestler. He is only a purple belt in BJJ but his defense is top class. All his pro fights we’re spent in MFN and he has one of the biggest win streak, winning 8 consecutive title fights and he’s been the champ from 11.04.2013 till 04.01.2014. He has is on a 4 fight wining streak and he has 12 wins by TKO/KO so look for him to finish this fight before the last bell.

My prediction: Tracey wins by KO/TKO in 2nd round.

Main event:

Peter Taphorn (19-7-1) vs Jon Irenicus (13-2-1) --> at 155 lbs

This was the fight for the 185 lbs belt:

The challanger this night is Irenicus, he has a great fighter, he’s been on a tearing lately. He has 5 wins in 6 fights in MFN and is currently running a 4 fith win streak. He also has just 1 loss in his last 10 fights. He is an sensational boxer and wrestler, exceptional muay thai and brown belt in BJJ. He has bombs in his hands and almost all his wins came thrue KO so look for him to try a quick finish.

The champ, Taphorn hasn’t lost yet in MFN, he’s one of the best fighters in the world. He hasn’t lost till he joined MFN and he had some tought oponents. He has wonderfull boxing and muay thai, excelent wrestling and his main power is the BJJ, where he is a black belt. He’s way of victory is to get his oponent down and submit him. The only question is that if he can take him down and keep him there.

My prediction: Taphorn wins by decision

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Starting on October 4th and finishing up on November 8th, MFN will be hitting the road stopping in every city in the Tycoon Universe (except the Island for obvious reasons). I mention it for a couple of reasons... First off, your fighter will not be fighting in Montreal. For some of us, your fighter is always being flown into Montreal and my goal is to try and get every MFN fighter a matchup near their base city. Fighters who are based in Montreal will finally get to see the inside of one of our jets as I fly them to other locations :) Secondly, I want to keep things from getting stale. Montreal is great...don't get me wrong... but MFN is a global org with fighters from all over the world. It's time for MFN to generate some additional interest by hitting all the base cities with events. We will be back in Montreal in November...don't worry... but I mention the upcoming events to call your attention to them, so you can set sliders, etc. on time for the fights. Because the fights will be in different cities, that means our standard time for fights will change a bit depending on the location of the event... so I suggest paying a little more attention to that :) Let's have fun with this....

Thanks so much for being part of MFN!

• 2 weeks later...

As we get ready to take MFN on the road, I wanted to share the posters for each of the coming events. I am excited to bring our org to other cities!

Some of you may recognize images from these posters as I named each of the events a song from the region. I made all of these myself and don't claim to be an expert poster maker or anything like that, but I had fun researching songs from each city and making the posters.

And don't worry about flights to/from the fights. I will take care of those :) Enjoy the trip(s)... we'll be back in Montreal in mid-November.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1412005177MFN_145_poster.jpghttp://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1412009158MFN_146_poster.jpghttp://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1412010368MFN_147_poster.jpghttp://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1412017548MFN_148_poster.jpghttp://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1412019797MFN_149_poster.jpghttp://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1412020086MFN_150_poster.jpghttp://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1412020838MFN_151_poster.jpghttp://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1412084259MFN_152_poster.jpghttp://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1412084960MFN_153_poster.jpg

• Upvote 1

Here are the other 2 posters for our world tour... it wouldn't let me put them all in one post :

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1412091033MFN_154_poster.jpghttp://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1412091530MFN_155_poster.jpg

Nice touch with the posters but I have no idea why there is a weird Swedish song for Helsinki. Can't think of any connection to Finland... :)

Very good point. I found Ungmön på Kärringön on a list of Nordic songs, so the potential was there for it to be from Sweden. Sorry about that. I have since changed the name to a definite song from Finland. I was stuck between a Finntroll song and a Korpiklaani one and decided on Korpiklaani. I like this album cover of theirs best.

Here's the updated poster :

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1412094808MFN_147_poster2.jpg

And as an added bonus... here is the song the event name came from :