Impact (235k+ restricted) - The Official Smack Talk Thread.

Ladies and gentle breaking news throughout the Impact org!!!

Yes that's the headlines of the Texas Press

Ross Peerson has withdrawn from his title fight against Pale Monster due to a horrible torn acl (Ross went inactive)

Impact did what they knew from the start would happen, Texas Outlaw is fighting for gold!!!

Reporter: So Outlaw we heard your taking on #1 ranked Pale Monster in just a week what are your thoughts?

Outlaw: Well I'm excited as you can imagine, I'm fighting the biggest fight of my career against a guy that does not lose.

Yea he has 1 loss but I think it was a fluke.

Reporter: Any game plan that you can fill us in on?

Outlaw: It's no secret that I want to keep this fight standing at all cost. If it stays on the feet then expect another Tko/Ko, if goes to the ground then he wins by sub

I'm fully prepared for this fight and I won't settle for anything less than gold come next Saturday

Reporter: Good luck and any last words?

Outlaw: Thanks to all my fans and supporters. I won't let yall down. O and eat shit Jeffery Hughes, nothing but a wanna be champ that can't handle top fights.

Breaking news;

With the Title fights less than 7 days away, there have been rumours that Ross Peerson's manager has been kidnapped. He hasn't been seen for over 10 days. Ross Peerson is so distraught that I had to step in and remove him form his 155lbs Title shot (by asking Mike to remove him due to inactivity), as his uncontrollable sobbing was making him unable to train.

After speaking to Pale Monster's manager on the phone earlier on, he generously agreed with me that the next ranking fighter should be given the chance.

The 155lbs Title fight will now be Pale Monster vs Texas Outlaw and will still take place on the 1th April along with the other weight divisions Title fights.

P.S A huge thank you to Mike Tycoon for allowing the change so an inactive fighter couldn't be crowned

champion.

EDIT: Goon, you're a git for beating me to it on the smack talk lol

News just in;

With Goon having an inside scoop on the breaking news about Peerson's manager being kidnapped and now all of a sudden one of his fighters, Texas Outlaw, is in the title fight, the police will no doubt be questioning Goon about the disappearance of Peerson's manager.

Just entered my British cerebral assasin in to this org. http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=247276

Also, as requested:

I will go for 7 days befween fights as this is more of a newbie group so I don't have copious amounts of catching up to do and the raw stats of the fighters will likely decide a lot of the results as opposed to untrained vs trained fighters.

http://i61.tinypic.com/oadybq.jpg http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13961361916371.jpg

WANTED: Texas Outlaw

Officer J.Walker: We are looking for a certain person, supposedly an MMA fighter, who goes by the name of Texas Outlaw.

He's wanted in connection with kidnapping charges and conspiracy to pervert the course of good smack talk and also beating the org owner to publish breaking news.

As such, a $3k bounty will be placed on his head for any information leading up to his arrest....failing that $3k if you knock him out or sub him. Please get in touch to claim the bounty if you manage it.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13872324683526.jpg

I'll defeat Texas Outlaw and Pale Monster if the opportunity is given to me

I'll be seeing you soon enough I imagine Borg, settle down don't wanna get too excited for your chance to get tapped out.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/43/43w6.jpg

Ronaldo "The Submission" Souza

Reporter: We are here at CT Antiga União in Rio with Ronaldo Souza.

Ronaldo Souza: Its a pleasure to give you guys a interview.

Reporter: Ronaldo, you was signed with Barbarian Fight Club, but asked to be released from your contract to join Impact FC, can you explain this decision?

Ronaldo Souza: Barbarian Fight Club is a great org, like Impact FC, they are both top orgs in id restricted circuit, but when my friend Andrei Saintclair was announced for my division tournament it become clear that i should move to another competition, and Impact FC was an obvious choice.

Reporter: You're going to face Danny Brown in your first fight in Impact FC, what you expect from this fight?

Ronaldo Souza: Well, i expect great fights against Santa Claus, Lucas Pierce and Sokoloff.

Reporter: But what about Danny Brown?

Ronaldo Souza: Who?

Reporter: Danny Brown, the exceptional wrestler.

Ronaldo Souza: Never heard.

Reporter: But you're facing him at 27th.

Ronaldo Souza: Probably some April Fool joke from my manager, i have signed with Impact for challenges, not some Danny who.

Reporter: Well, lets do some quick questions then... Impact FC

Ronaldo Souza: Champion

Reporter: Stu

Ronaldo Souza: Genius

Reporter: Lucas Pierce

Ronaldo Souza: Target

Reporter: Danny Brown

Ronaldo Souza: Joke

Reporter: Thanks for your time, hope to see you in action soon, would you like to say something?

Ronaldo Souza: Santa Claus, Lucas Pierce, Sokoloff stop hiding! I've come from Rio to make you guys tasty a defeat for the first time! I'm calling you guys! Come and face a real challenge!

Jeffrey Hughes : you are pathetic texas outlaw, shame you are going to lose as I would have loved to see you collapse in the clinch,

Huh how many more lnp fights are you going to have?

Jeffrey Hughes : did i take down Lannister once? no i didn't, you are getting a title shot over einat thoresen who lost to tyrion who lost to me!!!! kidnapping managers to earn title shots it's a disgrace to our sport

Impact Super-Heavyweight Martin Foster (242772) explains why he is taking his time before booking his next fight:

"I feel like I haven't shown my best so far in Impact." Says Foster in an interview with Fighterstalkuk.com. "I got caught in my first fight and the submission took a bit out of me but I didn't want to admit it, so when Impact called me up and said they needed a fighter in 2 weeks I jumped straight in without even thinking about it. Like an idiot I took a fight with 2 weeks notice and I couldn't train for 10 days due to my injury."

"As I am sure you could tell, I looked and felt like crap in my last fight. That sack of bones you saw in the cage was not the real me. In fact, due to my own stupidity you have only really seen the real me for about the first 5 minutes of my first fight."

"Stu and the guys at Impact have been very understanding, they know the kind of fighter I am and they have given me the time I need to heal up and have a run at a proper camp. This has done me a world of good, physically and mentally and will allow me to compete at my best. I am now fully fit, back in camp and at 100% energy. "

"I'm a fighter, I love to fight and I am looking forward to getting back into the cage, hopefully you will see me back in maybe 2 or 3 weeks, fighting who? I have no idea, but I know I need to put on a show and pick up a W and there is only one way I know how to do that, and that is by knocking fools out. Hopefully it should be a great show."

Chan Sung Aoki:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13872324683526.jpg

I see all this talk, Jeffrey talking about title shots and bullcrap with Lannister and meanwhile Jakinek looks like a light pole with eyes.... I'd Love to smash any of your faces in, but you all have fights, Cabrera doesnt have a fight, maybe he is brave enough to be my first victim at Impact. In the meantime i will be waiting for anyone to call me out.

^^^^ so glad you're not 155lbs. Outlaw is getting tired of facing wrestlers good luck. This is a great org and a lot of fun

Thanks mate.

----------

Not sure what to look more forward to; the competition, or the opportunities to verbally destroy the competition. Either way, the cerebral assassin will systematically crush whomever he pleases by the whim of his fingers. In fact, there doesn't even need to be a fight for his opponents to lose. The sheer presence of this man cuts through the will of any man who dare call themselves a fighter, no matter if they're in his weight class or not.

Impact 10 review

155lbs Outlaw vs Thorensen

Thorensen came out swinging right from the bell, Outlaw seemed content to keep out of his way taking the opportunity to land some jabs when possibly. Thorensen then took Outlaw to the floor, this could have been disaster for Outlaw but luckily for him, Thorensen wasn't active enough and forced the ref to stand him up. This was really the beginning of the end for Thorensen, he decided to try and clinch, Outlaw backing away and landing heavy strikes and jabs. 3 stuffed takedown attempts by Thorensen must have taken some out of his gas tank, on his next failed clinch attempt Outlaw countered with a big combination and had Thorensen rocked. 1 big right hand later and Thorensen was on the floor with Outlaw raining down punches. It was all over inside the first round.

Winner: Outlaw by TKO (strikes) in round 1

170lbs Leon vs Jones

These two warriors were happy enough to just stand and trade punches. Both fighters seemed aggressive and both threw a lot of punches but they had quite different ideas of what they wanted to happen. Leon threw 34 punches with 16 finding their target but a massive 23 combo's with just 2 landing. Jones threw a 90 punches with 26 finding their target and just 8 combo's with 3 connecting. Jones took the first round although it was still a close fight, coming into the second round, although both fighters seemed to be missing a lot Jones seemed to finding his target with more accuracy and managed to land a few big punches. It was coming to the end of the second round, Jones looked like he might take the second round but Leon caught him with a big punch and had him rocked. Jones glances at the clock and Leon pounced and made him pay for the mistake.

Winner: Leon by TKO (strikes) in round 2

265+lbs Jones vs Hedger

Jones seemed the stronger, more aggressive fighter as the fight started. Jones rushed and took the fight to the clinch, an early knee cutting Hedger. Jones then went on to control the first round, keeping the fight in the clinch and using his weapon of choice, knees. The start of the second round was a repeat performance, Jones taking it to the clinch almost immediately and going to town with his knees. He opened the cut 2 more times before landing a huge knee to the head. Hedger went down and the ref had seen enough. A great fight by Jones and one which the crowd loved too.

Winner: Jones by TKO (knees) in the second round.

205lbs Lockwood vs Dixon

Another fight which mostly took place in the clinch. Lockwood seeming slightly stronger and able to hold the clinch although Dixon did show some good skill, managing to break the clinch and escaping on occasion. Dixon ended up being quite badly cut by the end of the first round and was rocked in the early part of the third round but to this fighter’s credit, he managed to keep standing and keep fighting right up until the final bell. Dixon seemed the better fighter at distance but unfortunately for him, Lockwood was able to keep most of the fight in the clinch and won on points. After being unable to contact Lockwood’s manager, Lockwood and his manager have since decided to move on from Impact to look for new competition. Lockwood’s record at Impact was 2-2-0.

Winner: Lockwood by unanimous decision.

265+lbs McClinch vs McKirk

After McKirk's last fight where he nearly caused an upset by beating former contender, Mike Goon, this looked like it would be a huge test for the youngster McClinch who has been steadily climbing the ranks of late. This 18 yr old showed true class by showing that he wasn't put off by lack of experience or worried about facing tough opponents. McClinch took it to the clinch and was total control for the whole fight. McKirk was badly cut and it was looking like it might get stopped by the ref when McClinch decided to take matters in to his own hands. ! big right knee was enough to leave McKirk rocked, McClinch stepped in and finished the fight with a flurry of punches. A great fight for McClinch, showing lots of potential.

Winner: McClinch by TKO (strikes) in round 1.

155lbs Karl vs Maskrey

This was a fight that had it all. Karl dropped Maskrey inside the opening seconds of the first round. Somehow Maskrey managed to sustain the barrage of punches being thrown at him and survive the first round. The second round saw Maskrey control most of the action, scoring a takedown but finding no joy, he stood up and moved in to the clinch. He still wasn't able to get much from there, Karl's defences proving to be too good for him. The third round saw Maskrey trying to go for the finish, he was able to take Karl down a couple of times but wasn't really able to gain much from it and it was left to the judges. After a very close fight, Karl's first round was enough to steal the victory and win 29:28

Winner: Karl by unanimous decision

205lbs Kurzhez vs Harper

Harper was t trying to make a good impression with the fans on his debut and was trying hard to take the fight to the floor. Kurzhez was primed and ready for the takedowns and was able to doge them and then counter with big punches. On Harpers 4th attempt, he was caught by a massive right hand that turned his lights out and put a stop to Harpers debut. If Harper had managed to get the takedown it could have been a completely different story. Kurzhez and his manager decided not to enter contract re-negotiations and have now moved on. Kuzhez is said to be working in a small road-side cafe, flipping burgers. His record at Impact was 2-2-0

Winner: Kurzhez by KO (punch)

170lbs Akhmedov vs Okami

Okami came out super aggressive and was looking for a takedown. After his first attempt was blocked, he changed tactics and took the fight to the clinch in order to pull guard and found success this time...and fell right into Akhemdov's trap. Akhmedov was waiting for this and within a couple of sub attempts had his victim, Okami, tapping out with a perfectly executed triangle. Nice moves by Akhmedov. After 2 losses on the trot, Okami's manager has fled to a different country and has never been seen since. Okami, distraught has had to leave Impact and look for other employment.

Winner: Akmedov by Submission (triangle) in round 1.

205lbs Dance vs Dune

Dune was doing quite well from the start of the round, landing quite a few punches and the fight looked like it might stay standing. Dance realised he wasn't going to win and had to change his strategy, taking the fight to the floor. Dune showed some great skill managing to push Dance off at one point and escape. Dance managed to get him to the floor again and made sure he didn't make any mistakes this time. Dance unloaded with strikes and Dune was forced to tap out.

Winner: Dance by Submission (strikes) in round 1.

265+lbs Estella vs Blane

Unfortunately this was a terrible fight. Estella in complete control, taking the fight to the ground and then immediately standing up. 2 rounds of clinch,takedown,stand-up...clinch, takedown,standup was enough to destroy Blanes will to live so he stood there with his hands by his side and Estella stopped his merry dance and kicked him in the head. I can't really blame Blane either, I would have done the same. These are not the kind of fights Impact fans want to see.

If Estella had decided on what he wanted to do, he would have showed his skill and possibly Blane would have wanted to fight and defend....14 takedowns, 1 improve position and 1 ground strike. Estella was lucky to leave the arena alive as the crowd were furious. Let's hope he comes mentally prepared with a game plan for his next fight otherwise he might not be so lucky.

Winner: Estella by KO (head kick) round 2

And that ends the review for Imapct 10. Coming soon, The Title fights preview.

SJ Mitchell (243040) on his next fight with Roger "Bam Bam" Burns (242593)

" I would definitely guarantee, that this fight is going to be an exciting one ... may be even the fight of the night. The event is mainly docused on the boys fighting for the title, but me and Roger will make sure the spot light will shine on us at the end of the night ... anyways I see myself finishing Roger in the first round, submission ... yeah .. that's right ... no disrespect to Roger .. he is a great fighter ... but the time has come for me to make a run for the title .... "

Impact Lightweight Nate Lamb (242955) predicts a spectacular finish at Impact Saturday Night Rumble 3:

"There is no way this fight is going the distance. I think Marcelo's and my records prove that regardless of the outcome, we finish fights. I personally am predicting a second round submission. I have got a lot of time for Taylor as a fighter, and he has performed well in previous fights, but with all due respect to him everyone who has fought in Impact knows it is quite a step up from the bush leagues. I hope he can cope with the added pressure, I really do. If he does we could have a real barnburner, a genuine fight for the ages, but if not, man it is not gonna go well for him."

"My camp has been awesome, you know sometimes people talk about it being hard to drag yourself to the gym everyday but I have genuinely loved it. I am truly embracing the grind and I honestly think I have become a better fighter through this camp and that can only be bad for the rest of Impacts lightweight division. This is a really exciting division in a really exciting company at the moment, and that is why I have just signed a new contract so hopefully you will be seeing a lot more of me in the Impact cage."

"I haven't given any thought to what next to be honest, I would be a fool to look past my current fight, but I do know there are certain fighters that my manager and coaches are keeping tabs on a few people in my division and we will talk about it after the fight I guess."

See Nate Lamb fight this Saturday at Impact Saturday Night Rumble 3 this weekend at the Underground in London.