Alright ladies and gents, here is my latest genius idea, which I hope isn't already in effect:

Your fighter's morale is tied to the gym in terms of the way they train and the cleanliness of the gym. This is a negative relationship. Why not consider a positive relationship as well, whereby the 'see gym champs' link now becomes worth something and give a relationship between champs in the gym and the morale of those training in the same gym. Or limit it to those who spar in the same session as them, whatever. Gyms currently promote themselves based off the pedigree of their trainers and top fighters, and you get to do the whole "Oh, Blah McBlah trains at my gym", so why not here too?

• Upvote 3

Good concept, needs work though.

Some Ideas

• +Hype/pop to fighters who are in the same gym as a champion? (or maybe only if they spar with them)
  • Small increase to skill for those who spar with champions? (very small)
  • Upvote 2

Good concept, needs work though.

Some Ideas

• +Hype/pop to fighters who are in the same gym as a champion? (or maybe only if they spar with them)
  • Small increase to skill for those who spar with champions? (very small)

I love the hype/pop bonus to this idea. It would make since as well. When guys are debuting in UFC you dont here about the companys he has fought for, but they say stuff like he works out at Greg Jacksons or he is a part of American Top Team.

Increase to skill would be a bad idea even if its small. I run my own private gym and If I won a title I could just rotate his sparing sessions with my project fighter giving them an advantage because of the one on one sparing with a champion of some org that doesn't matter.

I love the hype/pop bonus to this idea. It would make since as well. When guys are debuting in UFC you dont here about the companys he has fought for, but they say stuff like he works out at Greg Jacksons or he is a part of American Top Team.

Increase to skill would be a bad idea even if its small. I run my own private gym and If I won a title I could just rotate his sparing sessions with my project fighter giving them an advantage because of the one on one sparing with a champion of some org that doesn't matter.

It really depends on what he achieved at said org or how big the org is. For example look at ex WEC/ Strikeforce title holders, the commentators talk about that.

Gyms need to be improved, there should be hype for gyms like there is for every other business in MMA Tycoon.

Alright ladies and gents, here is my latest genius idea, which I hope isn't already in effect:

Your fighter's morale is tied to the gym in terms of the way they train and the cleanliness of the gym. This is a negative relationship. Why not consider a positive relationship as well, whereby the 'see gym champs' link now becomes worth something and give a relationship between champs in the gym and the morale of those training in the same gym. Or limit it to those who spar in the same session as them, whatever. Gyms currently promote themselves based off the pedigree of their trainers and top fighters, and you get to do the whole "Oh, Blah McBlah trains at my gym", so why not here too?

I've mentioned before that allowing gyms to hold a monthly "seminar" (in a similar way that orgs hold events) might be a good idea. I think that I suggested seconday skill themed seminars such as "takedowns" or "punches".

I think your idea of using gym champions as a gym asset is a good one and could be used in a similar way. Gyms could appoint an expert (champion) to be the focus of a monthly seminar.

I didn't recommend a skill increase because at any given the time the champ is only the best at that given time. Perhaps to tweak that slightly, each time a title fight is won there is a very small benefit given and it accumulates, so sparring with a 10 * title holder (not necessarily at same org or consecutively) gives a larger benefit than a 2 * title holder, and for every 5 * consecutive title defences there could be a small bonus multiplier?

I like the idea(as well as the hype/pop/skill boost idea mentioned), but what would it do for the champion(s) in that gym?

There is no logic behind the "hype/pop boost" if you are in the same gym as a champion...

Hype = rank. So are you saying that if you train with a champion, you should be ranked better than anyone else?

KRad, it's not a bad idea at all, only problem is it would be exploited like everything else :P (crappy orgs will give out title shots just to make champions, for example).

how about if the gym just made a little more money if they had champions there due to fame and sponsors? I'm sure Greg Jackson's gym makes a lot of money off of their name. either by magazines, TV commercials, you name it. video games...

I think this wont work well for new players though. i see the point behind this, however as it stands the super alliances already have serious advantages, this will only widen the advantages even more when it comes down to private gyms. I say we keep it more open field as it is now.