Pena Assaulted by Male Fighter. Out 2 Years.

Eveas

Michael Chiesa: Julianna Pena Was Not Attacked

“Pena was never “attacked” by some guy. She was training with a 135er that she trains with on a regular basis. He wasn’t talking shit to her for wearing a TUF shirt, and if he was, it was light-hearted gym humor. They were rolling and he went for a move that he’s hit on her a thousand times before and it just happened. Nobody is to blame, it was a training accident. Just like Dominick Cruz. Everyone knows how hard she is to train with cause she’s so damn tough. She only has one female partner that can somewhat challenge her. Even on the show, she was training with guys on her team and, correct me if I’m wrong, they made a point to say how tough she is. She’s Cyborg-esque, I guess you could say, minus the PEDs.

Michael Chiesa: Julianna Pena Was Not Attacked

“Pena was never “attacked” by some guy. She was training with a 135er that she trains with on a regular basis. He wasn’t talking shit to her for wearing a TUF shirt, and if he was, it was light-hearted gym humor. They were rolling and he went for a move that he’s hit on her a thousand times before and it just happened. Nobody is to blame, it was a training accident. Just like Dominick Cruz. Everyone knows how hard she is to train with cause she’s so damn tough. She only has one female partner that can somewhat challenge her. Even on the show, she was training with guys on her team and, correct me if I’m wrong, they made a point to say how tough she is. She’s Cyborg-esque, I guess you could say, minus the PEDs.

Dana White:

"That's so far from the story she told me right after she was completely hysterical and crying, completely opposite. Completely different story from what she told me. Somewhere in the middle lies the truth."

I dont know lads the this seems a little fishy.I have no idea how anyone can mess up ACL, MCL, LCL, meniscus and hamstring in her right leg all at the same time.Dot think this was a accident there more going on here then the coach is letting on and the news is letting on .Guy must have be over 250 pounds. one story send he jump on her back and cranked her neck .Her knee gaveout and he must have fell on her and she must have fell strange .I call bullshit.Even a really heavy guy jumping on your back(supposedly messing about) and falling on top of you wont do that must damage.He must have not be kidding around and really did go in to do damage.

Here how i think it with down.I think maybe penna had a swelled head and more then likely trash talking everybody in gym.More then likely saying how she could kick all there asses. Some 250 pound meat head on steroids got rode ranged.They got in a argument and the dude loss it. .I say he jump on here back crakced her neck.As soon as it hit the ground he must and really lock in a heel hock are leglock .No fucking way are you tearing all then ligaments from falling and messing about .No bloody way .

Obviously I have no idea what really happened but my gut feeling is that this is not entirely true. Why would a male team mate assault her? And if he did I am sure the rest of the fighters in the gym would have beaten the living shit out of him. Plus as Davy said Chiesa seems like the kinda guy who wouldn't talk bullshit and tell lies where as Pena, as much as I like her, was a little dramatic and bitchy on the show. Her side of the story doesn't add up nor does it give a motive for the team mate to do such a thing.

But maybe I am wrong, we shall see!

Obviously I have no idea what really happened but my gut feeling is that she is overreacting. Why would a male team mate assault her? And if he did I am sure the rest of the fighters in the gym would have beaten the living shit out of him. Plus as Davy said Chiesa seems like the kinda guy who wouldn't talk bullshit and tell lies where as Pena, as much as I like her, was a little dramatic and bitchy on the show. Her side of the story doesn't add up nor does it give a motive for the team mate to do such a thing.

But maybe I am wrong, we shall see!

i hope you are right otherwise it looks terrible on that gym and the fighters associated with it. Pena did come across as dramatic on the show so who knows?

Damn I have heard of some pretty messed of knee injuries but this is crazy. All her ligaments were torn; some guys in football who get hit in the knees don't get injuries like she did. I don't know who's telling the truth but I would bet that some guy did cause this injury. Chiesa is acting like it was just some simple sparring and from what Dana said Pena is acting like she did nothing wrong. Maybe she was talking smack and the guy lost his temper but I can't imagine how some sparring and improper warm up would do this to her knee. This really sucks though because she was one of the few fighters in WMMA(Outside of current top stars) that I was really excited to see. Hopefully when she comes back the knee won't set her back to much.

sucks pretty bad -- she had lots of potential but will probably never be the same or even close to it now -- honestly might even be done -- hope she can come back but don't look good

Yeah...the timing of it was pretty unfortunate too. Could've been her break-out moment.

I'd honestly not be surprised if she didn't come back at all, she pretty much completely wrecked her leg through and through.