Machida vs Mousasi Discussion & Eventually Spoilers

Deuce7

I wonder if the judges can even tell cageside? I noticed a fair amount of his blitz's weren't connecting and Mousasi was actually countering him pretty well during some of them. Mousasi might've taken that second round before the headkick landed imo. Not the best scrap around but pretty par for a Machida fight. Mousasi said it best Lyoto was just a step ahead all night. Couldn't match his speed and just wound up chasing him for 25 mins. It's funny how some people accuse other fighters of "running" but Machida gets mad respect for being elusive and exploding from time to time. You could almost argue his style should be causng him to dropmore decisions as his opponents are generally the ones seemingly looking to engage where Machida is backing away and circling a lot of the time. Machida vs Jacare should be the next #1 contender fight but I don't think they'll fight each other. Also props to Carmont for not tapping to the choke in the first I think it was, that was deep.

He has dropped some decisions because of his style. Rampage, Phil Davis...

Mous should have won on chin alone. Also, it's funny that mous actually out struck him. Though machida had the more significant shots.. on the other hand, mous had more ''control of the pace''.

I'd really have to go back and score it round by round to tell who I thought won. But at the time, I had machida winning.

I don't think that chin is part of the scoring criteria...

no, that's not octogon control. machida was going side to side the whole fight, it's not like gegard kept getting him against the cage.

Mousasi just kept following him like a dog...though, in his defense, it's hard to cut a guy off that has superior footwork and speed.

• Upvote 1

He has dropped some decisions because of his style. Rampage, Phil Davis...

I don't think that chin is part of the scoring criteria...

Mousasi just kept following him like a dog...though, in his defense, it's hard to cut a guy off that has superior footwork and speed.

Yup he has. That's why I said drop more decisions. He has 11 decision wins as opposed to those 2 losses.

I generally hate watching Machida when he fights like Machida (in other words counter fighting and running around). I also hate when he is consistently feinting and clowning around. I think he deserved the win, but i still do not like watching him. I also think that he could be a problem for Weidman because he hits and moves a lot and i am not sure Weidman can close the distance, we will see.

Clearly Mousasi won.

did you guys bother to click on Decision/TPR? ill leave this gem...clearly Mousasi won lol:

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s568/ParadigmMT/MachidavsMousasi_zps74478754.png

Guest VladTheImpaler

did you guys bother to click on Decision/TPR? ill leave this gem...clearly Mousasi won lol:

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s568/ParadigmMT/MachidavsMousasi_zps74478754.png

Did you check how Mousasi did land a lot more strikes than Lyoto in almost every round? Looking at these stats I even think Mousasi won round 3 so only round I would score for Lyoto was 5. This fight looked the same as Diaz vs Condid just that Mousasi landed more strikes then Lyoto. Look up the internet the aggressiveness and the octagon control is also a part of the judging criteria so if you put that in the picture you have to understand why did he win the fight.

If you don't know how the fight should be judged there is a good link for you.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/ufc-judging-criteria-nsac-640304/

• Downvote 3

Guest VladTheImpaler

Fight is already over with. It's almost been a week. Machida won, Mousasi lost........argument over.

I understand fight is over but I just wanted to explain how the judging is these days. Guys backs up for 25min lands 4 times less strikes and throws the same but he can win a fight because of 1 head kick where Mousasi didn't even notice that it landed.

• Downvote 2

Did you check how Mousasi did land a lot more strikes than Lyoto in almost every round? Looking at these stats I even think Mousasi won round 3 so only round I would score for Lyoto was 5. This fight looked the same as Diaz vs Condid just that Mousasi landed more strikes then Lyoto. Look up the internet the aggressiveness and the octagon control is also a part of the judging criteria so if you put that in the picture you have to understand why did he win the fight.

If you don't know how the fight should be judged there is a good link for you.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/ufc-judging-criteria-nsac-640304/

you should send that link to the judges, not me...

I see lyoto's oponent always control the octagon. Lyoto just keep backing and timing when he'll strike. That's why it always look like boring to watch; but the guy is one of the best and in my opinion, Lyoto won 3 rounds of this fight.

That's called fighting smart. If you always rush forward you'll eventually make a mistake and get KO'd.

Guest VladTheImpaler

Lol more were present for Bones Gustaffson though, cant wait to hear the rousey/mcmann argument

Gustafson lost that fight 2-3. Rousey/Macmann was a early stoppage but Ronda would won it anyway. Mousasi won 1 2 4.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lol more were present for Bones Gustaffson though, cant wait to hear the rousey/mcmann argument

It was a great fight up until that knee. Herb Dean jumped in way too fast. It would have been nice to see if she recovered or not, but he was jumping in before her knee hit the ground. Up to that point it was living up to the hype.

It was a great fight up until that knee. Herb Dean jumped in way too fast. It would have been nice to see if she recovered or not, but he was jumping in before her knee hit the ground. Up to that point it was living up to the hype.

true and his stoppage in the Pyle/Waldburger fight was criminal...

Guest VladTheImpaler

i think herb did good in that one. pyle even said he didn't think waldburger was done until he flattened him out when he had his back

If only the fight would been stopped when he was flattened out. He did landed few more strikes and elbows after that.