10th Planet Jiu Jitsu for life

Lockdown

Although I don't train at a 10th Planet moon any longer, don't use rubber guard even a 10th of what I used to and have absorbed the gi as a fundamental asset to my game... it is in my blood and was a part of my growth as a jiu jitsu player. I still use many facets of the system including twister side control, the truck and the omoplata game into baby arms and a plethora of amazing techniques and concepts that I learned from training with Eddie over the years

There are many haters on here who have given me shit over the years for being a 10th planet fanboy. Tonight I have never been more proud to be a Nibiru Warrior in my entire life. Eddie dominated Royler tonight using almost exclusively 10th planet techniques including the electric chair/electric chair sweep and the vaporizer calf slicer... a magnificent performance. Years ago when the rematch was first announced I had the most chilling goosebumps ever... it's surreal that the match even happened.

Most of the haters don't even know the 10th Planet System. They see people who have never done rubber guard fail miserably with it in the UFC and assume it's all just gimmicks. I believe there was some validity tonight - absolutely inspirational performance by master Eddie Bravo.

10thPjj4L

http://tandynasty.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/10th-planet-jiu-jitsu.jpg

• Upvote 3

Im trying to remember last time i saw someone celebrate a draw, but nothing comes to mind.

Did you even see the match man? So Royler didnt get finished which was actually really impressive but damn it was all Eddie from the start to the finish.

I love 10th planet JJ!

• Upvote 1

So if Real Madrid dominated Barcelona for an entire match, but ended up with a draw, they should still celebrate?

I have zero interest in Real Madrid and/or soccer so I can't really say, sorry. If you dont mind I'll get back to grappling now. :)

Why is it wrong to be happy about someones dominant performance even if that certain someone didnt score a win under the current rules? I mean everyone who watched that match knows that Eddie manhandled Royler and that's what this is all about I think.

Im trying to remember last time i saw someone celebrate a draw, but nothing comes to mind.

A bit douchey and unnecessary to just throw in dumb comments like this dont you think?

• Upvote 3

Just trying to find a sport where draws are common too.

But then compare it to this game, when was the last time someone dominated an opponent, got a draw, and was happy about it?

Im sorry if im offending anyone, i just dont get how a draw can be a good thing, unless you are fighting some sort of godly power where you are lucky just to be alive.

In this case Bravo was the favorite.

Hes the younger guy at a time in life where age really kicks in and he have already beaten the guy in decisive fashion, and did so back when he was in his prime.

The win back then sure has to make him more proud than the draw yesterday?

I respect Royce for what he has done for the sport but he comes off as an asshole a lot. Bravo was nothing but respectful after the match and before and Royce comes up to him while he is throwing up and starts talking shit. Lol at him saying Bravo was throwing up because Royler dominated him so much. The gracies really have a delusional view of self importance. When he was shit talking a lot of the gracies like Rolles and Roger for trying to learn stand up and wrestling instead of only focusing on BJJ, he comes off as just a dick

• Upvote 1

I respect Royce for what he has done for the sport but he comes off as an asshole a lot. Bravo was nothing but respectful after the match and before and Royce comes up to him while he is throwing up and starts talking shit. Lol at him saying Bravo was throwing up because Royler dominated him so much. The gracies really have a delusional view of self importance. When he was shit talking a lot of the gracies like Rolles and Roger for trying to learn stand up and wrestling instead of only focusing on BJJ, he comes off as just a dick

I can't +1 from my phone, but you are right.

• 3 weeks later...

Once I heal back up I'm going to really start working my Lockdown again. Years ago I used to play rubber guard on everyone despite guys just being too big/strong to justify it, now I don't play RG at all. The Lockdown is complete death when you get good with manipulating people with it, guys can't just simply slam/power out of it