Unretiring a fighter from Old Account.

GBK16

Unretiring my fighter  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be allowed to unretire a fighter that was on my old account?

• Yes
    • No

Because I would definitely cut a granite chin... :poster_stupid:

When was the last time you went looking for cut 5 day old creations by the way? I'll answer that for you, never...

Keeping Granites? Of course. Not too long before your roster is full again and problem solved.

I have looked at 18 yr old FAs and been tempted a few times by fighters cut by noobs.

EDIT: I had quick look through my discarded fighters and I can see three 18 yr olds I released that were picked up by somebody.

Personally I don't think it's a huge deal but I do think if it's a yes here then it opens some flood gates - think if he does get "unretired" it should be like waivers in Ice Hockey on one way contract. goes through a 24hr FA period and if anybody else bids then it's all fair and game to me

Maybe it's the hippy part of me talking, but rules are meant to be reviewed and exceptions made. Otherwise we're in prison.

I still don't want to vote yes but I love that quote. Haha.

Maybe it's the hippy part of me talking, but rules are meant to be reviewed and exceptions made. Otherwise we're in prison.

I work in education. I've learned the hard way that this idea seems nice, but is a recipe for chaotic disaster. Everyone has a different idea of when a review is in order and when an exception should be made. It creates unnecessary drama (like a seven page thread on a useless topic) that can be avoided by a black and white rule.

I work in education. I've learned the hard way that this idea seems nice, but is a recipe for chaotic disaster. Everyone has a different idea of when a review is in order and when an exception should be made. It creates unnecessary drama (like a seven page thread on a useless topic) that can be avoided by a black and white rule.

If you work in education, you should see my point more often than most. School lunch program, athletics fees, open enrollment, home based education, teacher pensions...

I could go on, but I think you get my point. All of these were "rules" that were reviewed and exceptions were made.

It doesn't have to be as black and white as people think. Mike is the voice of reason here. If does doesn't feel something improves the game, or puts the game at risk, he doesn't allow it.

• Upvote 1

Just in regard to the useless topic bit. If it is a useless topic, why get involved in it? Seems like you would rather put something down and enhance your own opinion rather than take any other opinions on board. Soyster is right in saying things will get reviewed all the time, and its up to the community to decide whether or not it is better, just like what we are doing now. If things were not reviewed at all, where do you think society would be as a whole? A lot further behind than it is now. I posted this because Mike said that it needed to be discussed by the community, which has gone far and above the reaction I expected in terms of people showing an interest in it. I think that alone makes this a useful topic

If you work in education, you should see my point more often than most. School lunch program, athletics fees, open enrollment, home based education, teacher pensions...

I could go on, but I think you get my point. All of these were "rules" that were reviewed and exceptions were made.

It doesn't have to be as black and white as people think. Mike is the voice of reason here. If does doesn't feel something improves the game, or puts the game at risk, he doesn't allow it.

I work in adult education supervising a language school. There are rules like "if you leave to answer a phone call, you can't come back in." I made the mistake of letting people back in who claimed to have had an emergency, but everyone thinks THEIR situation is an emergency, so I learned quickly that the black and white rule was best.

This is the same. If you let this one guy take a fighter who isn't even his fighter (he is playing on a different manager account than he played on before he went inactive), then eventually there will be all kinds of people coming up with stories about why they have exceptional stories as well.

It is true that Mike could act as the ultimate judge, ruling on all of these cases with his decision being final, but I would much rather know that my money is going towards Mike working to improve the game, not settling disputes over exceptions to rules.

• Downvote 1

I work in adult education supervising a language school. There are rules like "if you leave to answer a phone call, you can't come back in." I made the mistake of letting people back in who claimed to have had an emergency, but everyone thinks THEIR situation is an emergency, so I learned quickly that the black and white rule was best.

This is the same. If you let this one guy take a fighter who isn't even his fighter (he is playing on a different manager account than he played on before he went inactive), then eventually there will be all kinds of people coming up with stories about why they have exceptional stories as well.

It is true that Mike could act as the ultimate judge, ruling on all of these cases with his decision being final, but I would much rather know that my money is going towards Mike working to improve the game, not settling disputes over exceptions to rules.

This isnt a case of simply unretiring a fighter. Ive seen people unretire fighters before (This was when I thought you simply couldn't unretire fighters. and it comes up on their history as "Unretired and Released ___________ (_____)" in their Manager Events section.

This is more a case of could I do it so the fighter will transfer to my history so I could unretire him, while paying the VIP Time fee.

• Upvote 1

So what is the big deal if that happens again? Mike gets another way to make money from VIP days and managers get old washed up fighters. You are not coming close to convincing me that this will have some major negative effect on the game or community here.

The biggest issue you seem to have is not with him getting his (I don't think anyone really cares that you keep mentioning the fighter came from his original account) fighter back again but that others will want the same thing which will clearly result in a disaster of biblical proportions.... Fire and Brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... the dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

• Upvote 2

I just don't like sending the message that the rules are negotiable if you have a good enough story. There are plenty of people who will see an opportunity to try to abuse if that door is opened. However, you are right that the world is unlikely to end based on the result of this decision. I've spent too much time talking about something that isn't all that important, so I'm out of this thread.

I just don't like sending the message that the rules are negotiable if you have a good enough story. There are plenty of people who will see an opportunity to try to abuse if that door is opened. However, you are right that the world is unlikely to end based on the result of this decision. I've spent too much time talking about something that isn't all that important, so I'm out of this thread.

Seem to get pretty involved in something that isnt important. Thanks for giving your opinion anyway, I can see your point of view but I just dont believe it would go to that extreme of everyone wanting it. Perhaps a few cases would come up but no so many that it would become a problem.

Whenever Mike considers it done I suppose. He said he would leave it run a couple days more and that was yesterday.

While Yes outnumbers No, it is a close vote so he may decide there is too much opposition but if thats what he decides then that is the best course of action. He built this game from the ground up so I have to respect whatever he decides.