Men are smarter than women

Viking

34 members have voted

1. 1. Are men smarter than women?

• Yes
    • No

I wouldn't classify being brilliant at chess as smart. Yes it takes knowledge but there are many other ways to see if someone is smart.

In this case men are better than women at chess but there are many instances of women being smarter than a man in a particular subject

I wouldn't classify being brilliant at chess as smart. Yes it takes knowledge but there are many other ways to see if someone is smart.

In this case men are better than women at chess but there are many instances of women being smarter than a man in a particular subject

Give me some examples of this?

First could you classify what you mean by smart? Do you mean IQ or ???

You can give me examples of whatever you want.

Neither is smarter than the other, therefore the answer to your question is no.

I understand that you have to stay neutral to not enrage the Tycoon Feminists. :thumbup:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Men have had access to education far more than women have during the history of mankind. Religion has and still favours men over women, and that might be one of the reasons why many chess players or many prominent scientists have been male.

Nevertheless, with women being treated and considered as equals in the good parts of the 20th century, women will prove to be as smart as men in the following years.

Personally, gender has no significance in an individual's intelligence.

Yes, that is correct. Men are smarter than women. How come all the best Chessplayers are men for example?

Anyone that neg votes this post or votes "No" in the poll is a radical feminist.

Mainly because men have a higher participation rate. So there is a higher chance of outliers, with the outcome being that the best chess players are men. The ability to recognize patterns is the same with men and women from birth. I believe though that because of the gender roles that we've been assigned and some hormonal differences that men are generally more competitive and women more submissive, which ends with more outstanding achievements for men than women.

I would say that on average no, in fact the average woman could actually be more intelligent, however i voted yes because the cleverest people i know are men. I think women are more patient and determined on average which is something which overall influences their intelligence, but men do have more "potential" if they get around to actually using it (which they usually don't)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I dunno, Women seemed to have swung the whole legal system in their favour. Seems pretty intelligent to me.

Gonna go with No, seeing as since there have been more equality things brought in, you see more women in jobs which require intellect. The whole "Oh they get paid less, so they arent as smart" is wrong, its just perceived women are willing to settle for less in terms of salary, so that is why they are paid less.

Having said that, I know a lot of intellectual men also, so id say it is near enough 50-50

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn! That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of ours. It's science.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1