THE OFFICIAL MMA TYCOON OLYMPICS!!

Hmmm... What was that?? You just like Pikku have lost your neck..

Hopefully you have learnt your lesson.... ALWAYS BET ON ORANGE[/quote

Damn, sometimes i can't understand this game... Congrats Loompa.

Cheers... You go to ground against a fighter that has ground skills there is always a chance you will come off second best.. This time round you did, but it could have quite easily gone the other way

It wasn't lay and pray...I try to take Van Gundy out with something but what could I do with Your granite chin and being hard to submit :D Good counters and sweeps made it even harder :D Bad tactics for me but at least a "W" I wasn't suspected... Standing fight was more like "stay and pray" for me to don't get hit and for You to don't get taken down ;-) Groundgame was nice "rolling" but I was more offensive there.

It's still a honour to get a W against such experienced manager and win with my old decreasing Badolato against such a striker with such a defence on the ground.

Good luck in K1. Greetings.

It wasn't lay and pray...I try to take Van Gundy out with something but what could I do with Your granite chin and being hard to submit :D Good counters and sweeps made it even harder :D Bad tactics for me but at least a "W" I wasn't suspected... Standing fight was more like "stay and pray" for me to don't get hit and for You to don't get taken down ;-) Groundgame was nice "rolling" but I was more offensive there.

It's still a honour to get a W against such experienced manager and win with my old decreasing Badolato against such a striker with such a defence on the ground.

Opium http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14013416484610.jpg Opiate

"Aww why didn't you lay and pray, that's all I want to do right now maaaan, got that sour?"

These are the standings after the Syn event. Sinuhe represents Asc right? I was not 100% because he fought in many of the participating orgs so far. Anyway, i gave Asc the points.

1. SYN 38 points

2. ASC 35 points

3. AD 31 points

4. EVO 24 points

5. Gamma 20 points

6. CEC/CW 20 points

8. SISU 18 points

8. TTFC 17 points

I would say the org performing above expectations is AD for sure so far. Evo were the big favorites going into this, but they had quite a few high profile upset losses.

For me, GAMMA did not do what i had expected in certain divisions (155, 170, 265+), but they totally surprised me at 135, 185 where i think we pulled off upsets.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I wasnt really talking about you specifically, it was more a reflection of SVG's career. He's never lost a fight when he wasnt taken down and laid on. I would have done the same thing you did.

Comte hehe, yeah but in MMA I would like to tap or knockout opponents,not pray laying on him :D If I would be more praying more there wouldn't be probably so many sweeps for "worst on paper" grappler in this battle."But it's hard in how the game is built and most of strikers also...With such a slow learner skils and decreasing already is even harder :-) In K1 I would never compete with him against Your guy :) and I'm wondering what my guys are doing in Olympics cause I see almost only strikers and my both representants for Agg Dmg are grapplers at first ;-) Both surprised me winning QF fights and I see that made also little impact on this whole classification of orgs.

Fitting that Stan Van Gundy's final MMA fight was another lay n pray debacle. Time for him to end his career in KT. I'll be rooting for Egyptian the rest of the way.

I'm not gonna lie, I almost threw up when I read your fight lol. The fact that you can keep a 25 min fight down for over half the fight (the zone bare graph shows ground at around 55-60%) while only landing 3 GNP is just an absolute fucking joke to me. Strikers are really fighting an uphill battle when your defense can be good enough to have 3 strikes land in 13 minutes but you can't get back to your feet w/o time just disappearing. Then the fact that 6 TD's and only landing 3 GNP can out-weigh being out-struck and out-worked makes it even more difficult to overcome because you don't exactly get much time to work in a lot of rounds due to the time evaporating on the ground.

I'm honestly surprised that more guys who lack grappling haven't started moving to KT. I've never had a KT fight & it's not really something that interests me, so I'll probably continue to try overcoming it w/ my 1 dimensional guys (haha listen to me acting like my whole roster isn't wrestlers) but that fight was honestly pretty disgusting lol.

I'm not gonna lie, I almost threw up when I read your fight lol. The fact that you can keep a 25 min fight down for over half the fight (the zone bare graph shows ground at around 55-60%) while only landing 3 GNP is just an absolute fucking joke to me. Strikers are really fighting an uphill battle when your defense can be good enough to have 3 strikes land in 13 minutes but you can't get back to your feet w/o time just disappearing. Then the fact that 6 TD's and only landing 3 GNP can out-weigh being out-struck and out-worked makes it even more difficult to overcome because you don't exactly get much time to work in a lot of rounds due to the time evaporating on the ground.

I'm honestly surprised that more guys who lack grappling haven't started moving to KT. I've never had a KT fight & it's not really something that interests me, so I'll probably continue to try overcoming it w/ my 1 dimensional guys (haha listen to me acting like my whole roster isn't wrestlers) but that fight was honestly pretty disgusting lol.

We've seen the pendulum really swing back towards grapplers now. Other than the gassing divisions(205 and up), grapplers have taken over.

SVG has a good defensive ground game. I started to add in gnp and subs just for the defensive bonus they give, but I never really got either to the point where they could be effective weapons.

Ground n Pound Mediocre(17)++

Takedown Off Feeble(23)-

Takedown Def Sensational(23)++

Submissions Mediocre(17)-

Defensive Grap Sensational(45)--

Transitions Exceptional(1)++

Escapes Mediocre(5)++

In hindsight, I should have been less active off my back. The pasting SVG took on the ground in his previous fight made me a little gunshy in that aspect though. When he hit his cap and started degrading I decided to move him to KT. He should do really well there. He's never been knocked down or rocked. If he had slightly more power he would have won a few of those lay-n-pray losses.

We've seen the pendulum really swing back towards grapplers now. Other than the gassing divisions(205 and up), grapplers have taken over.

SVG has a good defensive ground game. I started to add in gnp and subs just for the defensive bonus they give, but I never really got either to the point where they could be effective weapons.

Ground n Pound Mediocre(17)++

Takedown Off Feeble(23)-

Takedown Def Sensational(23)++

Submissions Mediocre(17)-

Defensive Grap Sensational(45)--

Transitions Exceptional(1)++

Escapes Mediocre(5)++

In hindsight, I should have been less active off my back. The pasting SVG took on the ground in his previous fight made me a little gunshy in that aspect though. When he hit his cap and started degrading I decided to move him to KT. He should do really well there. He's never been knocked down or rocked. If he had slightly more power he would have won a few of those lay-n-pray losses.

Well, I honestly do think the game should favor grapplers. I think that would match how RL fights seem to be. I can't really think of too many top contenders who are purely strikers. Even some of the guys who are knock-out artists and I think of as a striker have great wrestling backgrounds and use it in fights that are tough, or if they get in trouble. I just can't understand how a fight can stay on the ground w/ nothing happening at all, like 3 strikes in 13 minutes. I try to imagine what that would look like IRL and I would be absolutely furious if I paid money to watch a fight like that. I just don't see that ever happening or being in anyway realistic at all. It's no wonder you have guys going so damn aggressive or throwing so much damage, it's the only chance you have of scoring points when the fight actually remains on the feet. Guys who lack KO power and are 1 dimensional pretty much don't have any chance.

I can't blame the guy for doing that to you though, it works and it's not his fault the whole thing is pretty retarded. It was definitely his best chance at victory, so kudos to him. I just find it sad that 1 landed ground strike every 4+ minutes is somehow even a remote possibility. I mean yeah there were stand-ups and all and then TD's again but I just don't understand where that 13 minutes goes

another option would be to allow for more flexibility in the rules (a question which came up recently). For example if not much happens, the fights would be stood up or if you run a more grappling based org, you could allow fights to run irrelevant of the action

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

This is Team Thomas Fight Club correspondent Todd Chandler, coming to you live from St. Petersburg, Russia where Evolution Superheavyweight Champion, Rinky “The Gangster” Spider is training for his upcoming round two matchup with Ghengis Congo in the Tycoon Olympics. Rinky has been kind enough to take some time out of his busy schedule to sit down and talk with us.

Rinky: "The Gangster is happy to take the time to speak with his fans. "

Todd: Rinky, you are coming off of a five round war with James Proudstar that saw you struggle mightily in the first three rounds, especially the second round where it looked like the fight was close to being stopped. You looked like a different fighter in rounds four and five, ending the fight in impressive fashion by TKO in the final round. How would you assess your performance in that matchup?

Rinky:"Proudstar is a beast, I took him lightly since I dominated him last fight and he made me pay for that. Growing up in the streets I learned resiliance and that's what won me that fight."

Todd: You are the number one ranked superheavyweight fighter in all of MMA and you sit and number six in the pound for pound rankings. Do you truly feel that you are the best superheavyweight in the world and can an argument be made that you are the best pound for pound fighter in the sport?

Rinky:"There's no doubt I'm the top SHW right now, but it's a one punch division and I've gotta keep my game tight. Once I win this tournament there are no questions left and I'll have proven I'm the best that's doin' it right now. My boy, Dustin Douglas, is number one and I'm happy for him, but I'm here to be the best."

Todd: Entering the Tycoon Olympics, you came in as the youngest fighter in the superheavyweight division. Do you feel that the experience that the other fighters have on you puts you at a disadvantage?

Rinky: "Being young means my bones are solid, my cardio is impeccable and my fire is burnin' for that number 1 p4p spot. I've been fighting the best for a long time, so there's no days off and I grow more fierce by the second."

Todd: In your matchup with Proudstar, you came out highly aggressive, leaning heavily on your boxing skills both from a distance and in the clinch. Do you anticipate having to adjust your game plan any for your upcoming fight against Congo or will you just stick with what has been working for you?

Rinky: "I can't say too much about my plans on that note, I have to keep him guessing."

Todd: What do you know about Congo as a fighter and what are your thoughts on your matchup with him?

Rinky:"All I know is that he must be a bad mofo to be squarin' off vs me, so I give him props, but he better keep his hands up."

Todd: What would it mean to you to win the Tycoon Olympics superheavyweight tournament?

Rinky:"I'd be on that Boss level and showing everyone who's the king pin around these parts."

Todd: Thank you for taking a few minutes out of your busy training schedule to speak with us Rinky. Best of luck in round two of the tournament. In closing is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?

Rinky:"Keep it real my people."

• Upvote 2

Really, do You read or "looked"? ;-)? There was many sweeps, from both sides, how can You stand them so quickly if they tried and rolled each other? When my guy was in side control, he worked and get to half, then full guard etc. GnP isn't everything on the ground for sure, submissions also :) I really wanted to end this but I didn't thought he will be so good in rolling my guy and he will duck so many punches from such a ground and pounder as mine guy is :) ? What could I have done more? More agression? At this level of it he sweeped me so easily, what would it be if I would be more agressive? ;-) more on finish? Maybe but I was more than with most of my grapplers...and I had previously fights won by GNP :) Well, this is Olympics. Probably I should more lay and pray....make him exhausted by trying to do something from bottom when I would control him and try at first, slowly get to some mount and maybe then punches would have more impact...I don't know. I was really surprising than my Kim and Badolato won these fights, decision or not :) I'm still learning this all...and I know that more experienced managers are "in game" more than me :) They more study it for sure. I'm only training and fighting, not much posts also as You see ;-)

Sorry for mistakes,it's night in here (03:25) and I'm waiting for Piotr Hallmann from my country against Yves Edwards on UFC in about an hour ;-)

Greetings everyone :)

In an effort to give you the absolute best coverage of the Tycoon Olympics superheavyweight tournament, we have journeyed all the way to Finland to catch up with semi-finalist “Granite Breaker” Emeka Shakur. I am Team Thomas Fight Club correspondent, Todd Chandler and we are excited to be joined by one of the most recognized and decorated superheavyweights in the history of our sport.

Emeka: Hey, what's up. Nice hair you got there.

Todd: Emeka, you turned in a dominant round one performance in your win over Nahka Vitonen, scoring a brutal knockout just before the first round came to a close. How would you assess your performance?

Emeka: It was okey, I guess. I did what was needed for the win, but I can do better.

Todd: At 39 years old, you are the oldest fighter in this tournament. There was talk around the end of 2013 and the beginning of 2014 that you were done after you suffered three straight losses. Many MMA analyst and fans had written you off, but you have rebounded with four straight wins. What do you attribute your resurgence to?

Emeka: Not getting hit so much.

Todd: Do you feel like your experience in the sport gives you and advantage over the other fighters in the tournament or do the younger fighters with less wear and tear on their bodies have the edge?

Emeka: I think those two attributes cancel each other out pretty well, so it levels the playing field.

Todd: Are you confident that you can win this tournament?

Emeka: For sure

Todd: Are you the best superheavyweight fighter in MMA? You are currently ranked third in the world, but are you truly the best?

Emeka: Superweight, heavyweight, openweight, whatever. I know I can knockout anyone they put in front of me.

Todd: Your opponent for round two of the tournament is Leighton Matias. Matias has an uncanny knack for cutting open his opponents and forcing stoppages due to cuts. You have suffered losses in your career due to cuts. How do you intend to combat Matias’ prowess in the clinch?

Emeka: I'll just have to headkick him to sleep before he tries to cuddle me to his clinch.

Todd: What are your thoughts on Matias as a fighter? What do you see as his strengths and weaknesses?

Emeka: Tell you the truth, I haven't seen any of his fights, so I wouldn't know.

Todd: What would it mean to you to win the Tycoon Olympics superheavyweight tournament?

Emeka: Mo' money.

Todd: Emaka, we greatly appreciate you setting time aside for us in the midst of an intense training camp. We wish you best of luck in the tournament and look forward to seeing you back in the cage.

Emeka: See ya.

• Upvote 2