THE OFFICIAL MMA TYCOON OLYMPICS!!

Syn do have the roster for it tho. Heroic have a great roster but not as good as dino wants maybe especially to enter this.

So o agree with his decision. Long term fix needed sorted before he could commit to anything.

It was more half filled cards that needed filling and a lot of contracts that needed to be sorted out. Too much hassle doing that and then trying to sort something out like this, it would just have been one big clusterfuck for me.

Eitherway it is fantastic to see the orgs come together for this. I look forward to Heroic taking part in the next one.

Either way, this is a top level org vs org competition. Heroic is the only one out among the top orgs and they have legit reasoning behind their absence.

It is the first time the top 8 orgs (or 7 if you want to put it that way) have participated in a joint epic event. I am pretty sure this will be the foundation event which will (in the future at least) be the place fighters want to participate in. I think these Olympics will be basically a feeling ground, but we will build upon this event in the future.

Orgs in general have their own egos, relationships ect, but players in general want to get the best matchups. People want to see the top level guys go at each other. A lot of top managers hide in little orgs or whatever, but nobody gives a poo about those guys. I think Mike will sort out the ranking system which properly ranks managers based upon level of competition.

It is kind of disappointing to see how bad the forums and activity has gotten. 2 years ago an event like this would have people pooping their pants.

how stupid is it that we already have weight classes but for this event we say the weight class is -5lbs? The minimum weight should be the weight. LW should be 155 and WW should be 170 and so on.

Agree 100% - I don't care if the 5 pounds gives .0002% advantage - why do weight division -5 pounds? Each of these Orgs have enough top fighters that the weight divisions are filled with fighters fighting at their correct weights..

Agree 100% - I don't care if the 5 pounds gives .0002% advantage - why do weight division -5 pounds? Each of these Orgs have enough top fighters that the weight divisions are filled with fighters fighting at their correct weights..

In my opinion you are right, but at this stage getting this event moving is our main priority. If someone want to compete, up of down 5lbs wont play a difference.

I dunno if I'll be able to get in here cause all of my guys been tanking it lately but I'll try getting my guys who qualify in.

Njewel at 135/145 (i dunno if there is a 135 & too lazy to go look)

Jacobs at 205

Badoyan at 265 or 265+

Bunn at 155lbs

I'm sure there will be more qualified guys from there orgs but I'd enter any of them. Njewel might still be in the new breed when this gets under way so if that's the case then Silvestre or Power can replace him.

What's the complaint about the +/- 5lbs on the weight class? I don't really get it? First of all cutting the max weight isn't good for your energy to begin w/. There has been a theory for a long time that cutting the max weight gives you a slight energy hit b4 the fight even gets underway really.

I understand people not wanting 155lbs guys fighting at 185lbs or such things but are people really crying over 5lbs? I mean if 5lbs makes such a huge difference then being a 210lbs HW compared to a 240lbs HW would be such a massive difference and I don't see how that's the case at all. Most if not all of the top HW's right now are 240+ lbs and you all know if there was an exploit to take advantage of, these lame ass ppl would use it

What's the complaint about the +/- 5lbs on the weight class? I don't really get it? First of all cutting the max weight isn't good for your energy to begin w/. There has been a theory for a long time that cutting the max weight gives you a slight energy hit b4 the fight even gets underway really.

I understand people not wanting 155lbs guys fighting at 185lbs or such things but are people really crying over 5lbs? I mean if 5lbs makes such a huge difference then being a 210lbs HW compared to a 240lbs HW would be such a massive difference and I don't see how that's the case at all. Most if not all of the top HW's right now are 240+ lbs and you all know if there was an exploit to take advantage of, these lame ass ppl would use it

I think the fact that we are running the Olympics, people expect to see certain level of regulation. I do not think the 5lbs thing is a big deal either

The weight classes are already well defined in-game and in RL. Any fighter in this game who is 5lbs under the limit can easily make weight at the next weight class. A 200lb fighter can make 185. A 180lb fighter can make 170 and so on. I dont get the point of fucking around with what weights are going to be in what weight class.

Its bad enough that so many managers do the cheap thing of fighting in a weight class that their fighter is underweight for in the regular game. Why do we want to encourage that garbage in something as sacred as the Tycoon Olympics?

• Upvote 1

The weight classes are already well defined in-game and in RL. Any fighter in this game who is 5lbs under the limit can easily make weight at the next weight class. A 200lb fighter can make 185. A 180lb fighter can make 170 and so on. I dont get the point of fucking around with what weights are going to be in what weight class.

Its bad enough that so many managers do the cheap thing of fighting in a weight class that their fighter is underweight for in the regular game. Why do we want to encourage that garbage in something as sacred as the Tycoon Olympics?

I thought the reason this was put in place was to stop people manipitaling the weight classes.

Or have I lost something on the way

I thought the reason this was put in place was to stop people manipitaling the weight classes.

Or have I lost something on the way

It does to a certain extent. It just seems a little asinine to have an arbitrarily set weight limit that is different than the weight limits every org in the game uses.

Now I guess I need to drop my MW fighter that I entered to 180 so i don't have to worry about someone getting an artificial speed advantage over me.

No entry list. Only furious styles will have that. He then decided based on P4p ranking who gets to choose the weight class they want etc

Gentlemen, please allow me to clarify. I was asked to write the article pertaining to the Olympics as well as obtain lists of fighters who will be involved. Beyond that, I have nothing to do with the process. Mega Jug and Mentor shall handle the intricacies of selecting the fighters if one manager sends more than one fighter for the same weight class, etc. My involvement is strictly subsidiary.

JLP are you talking b4 or after the cut? My point was if my guys fight @ 145lbs & cuts to 140lbs I can't fight at a lower weight. Are you saying I should cut to 145lbs? If I'm 140lbs b4 the cut then I'm really a 135er cause he'd cut to under 130 I'd imagine

Yes that's what he means the fighter should be at the maximum weight for the division prior to weight cutting.

ie if a fighters weight is 150lbs he should not be fighting at 155lbs he should be fighting at 145lbs.

• Upvote 2

JLP are you talking b4 or after the cut? My point was if my guys fight @ 145lbs & cuts to 140lbs I can't fight at a lower weight. Are you saying I should cut to 145lbs? If I'm 140lbs b4 the cut then I'm really a 135er cause he'd cut to under 130 I'd imagine

Before the cut. If your fighter weighs 155+ he can fight at LW. If he weighs 153 he should be fighting at 145 or putting on weight to be above 155.

• Upvote 1