Being able to remove skills with no use

RodrigoMachado

I think this really needs to be discussed. I'd like to eliminate some skills that have grown but have no use, yet are there, sitting there forever, just causing trouble to the fighter, and will remain there forever with the current system.

The high skill cap is reached, but only the higher skills deteriorate, while the low skills with no use (40-90 points that you have gave up training a long time ago, for example) remain there just occupying a precious space, and will remain occupying this space forever if there's nothing that will change so we can remove then,

And don't distort what I'm saying please, I'm not talking about skill relocation, just plain and simple removal.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

If not an option to remove skills, at least a mechanism that makes the small skills also degrade would be useful.

I proposed some time back (when this came up) that Sparring should not increase secondary skills, only maintain them. If this gets added, future generation of fighters will get built more on how you want them and now how the game decides.

Note: I think this is a solution most would support and will likely be easy to get added.

• Downvote 1

I proposed some time back (when this came up) that Sparring should not increase secondary skills, only maintain them. If this gets added, future generation of fighters will get built more on how you want them and now how the game decides.

Note: I think this is a solution most would support and will likely be easy to get added.

+1 would love if sparring didnt effect the secondires. You would be able to customize your fighter a lot more IMO.

• Upvote 1

Think this is the best solution. Would allow you to not focus on what secondaries might be boosted and will allow everyone to diversify the kind of fighters they have.

• Upvote 2

Hell, even if we could do focused sparring sessions. It's not unreasonable for a fighter to spar and avoid certain skills. You can spar Muay Thai and focus on clinch control and dirty boxing. You don't always have to train knees and elbows with them. I can spar wrestling and focus on takedown defense and not worry about getting the takedown. I can spar BJJ and focus on transitions without spamming submissions. Boxing, can spar striking defense without throwing punches... etc... the list goes on. But when it was brought up all of a sudden the realism argument everyone sticks to became micro management. This is a solution that's realistic and makes the game more enjoyable, but Mike doesn't like it.

• Upvote 1

What is the reason for low skills not deteriorating?

I think the reasoning is that it is that an elite boxer needs to practice A LOT or his skills will get rusty, but if you simply learn a few beginner techniques, you will remember them forever. You will never be a true beginner again.

I can understand the sentiment of wanting to be able to correct the errors that you made early in a fighter's development. I have some guys who I have wasted escapes on and I wish I could free up those skill points. However, I also understand (and prefer) the flip side. If you made mistakes, you should be at a disadvantage to fighters who developed their fighters better. If you don't like it, you can always release your fighter, start again, and make sure you don't make the same mistakes.

What is the reason for low skills not deteriorating?

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42507

Here we discussed some ideas... there will be a change in the longrun for sure, i expect Mike to go with the "improved decrease of non-trained skills" (that means also not just the high-end skills), but definitly a passive/organic system somehow... realistic but definitly slow, nothing liek you have in mind i guess. It isn't on Mike's agenda as for now (he posted his shedule lately), but everyone knows the current state where fighters, not even beastfarmed 7.35ers, are done with 25... well that just does not work. The usual suspects who see their harvest in danger will work against it like they did on 1-2 oither topics, but in the end, but we all know it does not make sense.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42507

Here we discussed some ideas... there will be a change in the longrun for sure, i expect Mike to go with the "improved decrease of non-trained skills" (that means also not just the high-end skills), but definitly a passive/organic system somehow... realistic but definitly slow, nothing liek you have in mind i guess. It isn't on Mike's agenda as for now (he posted his shedule lately), but everyone knows the current state where fighters, not even beastfarmed 7.35ers, are done with 25... well that just does not work. The usual suspects who see their harvest in danger will work against it like they did on 1-2 oither topics, but in the end, but we all know it does not make sense.

This sounds fine.