I do understand the predicament that NGF was in. GAMMA was in a very similar case back in the summer of 2013 with a large roster, poor wages and small profits. Very frustrating period to be in because the top end want bigger wages and unless you make the step from being a regional top level org to an International organization you end up losing money and talent.

Douglas doesn't hide, he waits. Just like Douglas doesn't get wet - water get's Douglas'd

Douglas has other obligations atm. Otherwise he could prob KO Hess in under a min

Hess trains with Don Marciano. Douglas would likely get knocked out by a flying knee.

I would love to fight Hess myself. Silva is down for Hess

Quote from Peel interview:

"We reached number 10 in the world and some of the top end guys are wanting better money, but with the roster 150+, my ethos contradicts the economics, and it only takes a handful of the top end guys to leave for more money and the others, motivated by the competition will leave because what they require, competition, disappears."

I love how some of the top guys wanted better money, those same top end guys are most likely wiping their arses with dollar bills as are there managers. Those managers are probably the same people that are complaining they need more things to spend their millions on in the game as well! Fucking mongs.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Quote from Peel interview:

"We reached number 10 in the world and some of the top end guys are wanting better money, but with the roster 150+, my ethos contradicts the economics, and it only takes a handful of the top end guys to leave for more money and the others, motivated by the competition will leave because what they require, competition, disappears."

I love how some of the top guys wanted better money, those same top end guys are most likely wiping their arses with dollar bills as are there managers. Those managers are probably the same people that are complaining they need more things to spend their millions on in the game as well! Fucking mongs.

That's not why people want more money sinks, though. The reason the economy is inflated is due to PPVs making ridiculous amounts once you get past a certain treshold, not some "fucking mongs" with their Scrooge MacDuck style money pits.

I was more sticking with the point that those in control of the top fighters peel was talking about do not need hundreds of thousands of dollars. My richest guy has about 40K i think and i dont have a fuckin clue what to do with that cash.

Besides I am sure peels contracts to the said top fighters were more than enough to pay for their supps, clothes and gym fees, which is all a fighter needs to pay for really.

edit: also my fucking mongs comment was meant to be taken tongue in cheek. I come in peace to an extent :yes:

I fight for relative peanuts and most of my active fighters are sitting on at least a cool 100k each. The game economy is inflated due to PPVs, not greed.

That's not why people want more money sinks, though. The reason the economy is inflated is due to PPVs making ridiculous amounts once you get past a certain treshold, not some "fucking mongs" with their Scrooge MacDuck style money pits.

The problem is not PPV though. PPV is the pinnacle point in the game and what all orgs fight for. It took us over 4 years to get there, so i think that is something which needs to be kept. We always end up tweaking or editing existing features (such as the scoring which came up), when we should be expanding into something new.

The biggest problem is why do we not have anywhere to spend the money? We have planes, gyms and basic other minor costs. We need a LOT more than that. It is about time some (ok i know this is old and off topic), new features get added in, specifically for spending the cash. There are masses of places we can expand into. Hell, whore houses would be a great place to start, lol

• Upvote 1

The problem is not PPV though. PPV is the pinnacle point in the game and what all orgs fight for. It took us over 4 years to get there, so i think that is something which needs to be kept. We always end up tweaking or editing existing features (such as the scoring which came up), when we should be expanding into something new.

The biggest problem is why do we not have anywhere to spend the money? We have planes, gyms and basic other minor costs. We need a LOT more than that. It is about time some (ok i know this is old and off topic), new features get added in, specifically for spending the cash. There are masses of places we can expand into. Hell, whore houses would be a great place to start, lol

It's a discussion on what came first, the chicken or the egg. Are finances overboard - yes, for sure. But they only got that way when orgs learned how to make money - LOTS of money. When that happened, they started paying higher salaries. To compete, others followed suit.

So while I do agree there are some money hungry managers who won't ever spend what they have now, org owners are a major reason for it.

It's a discussion on what came first, the chicken or the egg. Are finances overboard - yes, for sure. But they only got that way when orgs learned how to make money - LOTS of money. When that happened, they started paying higher salaries. To compete, others followed suit.

So while I do agree there are some money hungry managers who won't ever spend what they have now, org owners are a major reason for it.

Yeah but that is mirrored with real life, and sport in general. Obviously the game speeds is x20 what RL would be but look at football (in RL) as an example. Tom Finney was paid what was pretty much equivalent to just above basic salary a week when playing for PNE and now, as the leagues and teams make more, thus being able to pay players more, we have Wayne Rooney who earns millions a year.

I do agree with Mentor, their needs to be a way to spend the money. (although slight Off-topic) Has anybody played footstar - it's similar to this but for football/soccer, you control a player and he can buy houses, upgrade his house for moral and energy boost. Have a phone and items again for moral etc. The player had a whole social life to boot, which while I don't think MMA Tycoon needs, it does add a dimension Tycoon doesn't have. but maybe Mike could "borrow" some of the principles of the major items, such as Houses.

Or be able to drain the money being able to "purchase" some Premium items, even if non-vip, for $. Like $100k for 1 custom av or boost chances of getting a FA by chucking money at them. so Hype + bonus (bonus point = +1 per $1k) = total and person with the most points wins the FA? Just something to act as a drain and give people options to spend on without buying every item of clothing ever if they don't run a org/company. (obviously my second point reefer's to managers bank balance not fighters but it'd also help the issue).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is a Tycoon game. The whole point of a Tycoon game is to dominate (or try to dominate) your particular sphere be it nutrition, clothing, orgs or fighting. In the case of the org business it is a ladder. Some people start on the bottom and you will need to grind it out, gain a reputation and a trusting roster. Eventually you grow, earn more money, pay your guys more and if you play your cards right you could have a deep enough roster, in a FEW YEARS TIME, to get to PPV and the big show. Some orgs got there faster through support of their orgs or through their reputation, but in most cases it is a grind. PPV is the reward of hard work and it is not broken. If you lowered the profits, it wont seriously change anything. If you removed PPV it would, but that would mean all the legit orgs are at par with a bunch of nobodies. Communism died some time ago and this game is not suppose to be an equal field.

I agree with themould, there are plenty of things we can add to start spending the cash.

Damn, i have been saying it for years, and prior to you being able to run the 3 hour PPVs you felt the same because you didn't have the cash to compete with Ascension, Empire, NFC or IMMA. The whole fucking org system is fucked up beyond all recognition. Its easy for those who have the cash cows to say yeah its fine, i like it the way it is etc; the same way it is for those who don't to say they must be a change.

While i commend Mike for looking into the scoring, clinch issues etc the org system has been fucked for nearly two years now and nothing has been done about it. 1003 events constantly, orgs making 2mil plus profits etc are just ruining the fun that orgs used to be. They are really nothing to aim for at all in the org business anymore. I also agree they need to be more features in the game. They are nothing really new other than private jets been added as a cash sink, even then they seem to have caused more problems than they have fixed.

They need to be some sort of balance between the two. You could continue to run the 3 hour PPVs at the same price and bring in new shit. Problem with that is fighters will want more and more money, Orgs that run the PPVs will end up being the only orgs able to compete and they will be no room for new orgs to break through. While in real life that is a great fucking strategy take a step back and notice something; this is just a game. People play it for enjoyment and a majority of new users want to run an org. You think they will stick around when they find out they are a big fucking glass ceiling staring them in the face? I for one wouldn't. In the end it will be a few people dominating their dead game.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Damn, i have been saying it for years, and prior to you being able to run the 3 hour PPVs you felt the same because you didn't have the cash to compete with Ascension, Empire, NFC or IMMA. The whole fucking org system is fucked up beyond all recognition. Its easy for those who have the cash cows to say yeah its fine, i like it the way it is etc; the same way it is for those who don't to say they must be a change.

While i commend Mike for looking into the scoring, clinch issues etc the org system has been fucked for nearly two years now and nothing has been done about it. 1003 events constantly, orgs making 2mil plus profits etc are just ruining the fun that orgs used to be. They are really nothing to aim for at all in the org business anymore. I also agree they need to be more features in the game. They are nothing really new other than private jets been added as a cash sink, even then they seem to have caused more problems than they have fixed.

They need to be some sort of balance between the two. You could continue to run the 3 hour PPVs at the same price and bring in new shit. Problem with that is fighters will want more and more money, Orgs that run the PPVs will end up being the only orgs able to compete and they will be no room for new orgs to break through. While in real life that is a great fucking strategy take a step back and notice something; this is just a game. People play it for enjoyment and a majority of new users want to run an org. You think they will stick around when they find out they are a big fucking glass ceiling staring them in the face? I for one wouldn't. In the end it will be a few people dominating their dead game.

Remember how, for the past 4 years, org owners have been taking to the improvement section to slowly strip away all of the risk and pitfalls to running an org?

• Upvote 1