The World Cup 2014 Thread

GBK16

Who knows what WhinyPants is going to try.. in theory they can't but FIFA doesn't want the host nation to bow out so soon.

Bow out so soon? It is the semi finals, even if they lose they will still play for 3rd place, so it is not as if they get any less games out of the host nation.

• Downvote 2

Bow out so soon? It is the semi finals, even if they lose they will still play for 3rd place, so it is not as if they get any less games out of the host nation.

Anything less then the championship game will be too soon for FIFA.

I don't like the Dutch team in general. All this talk of "Costa Rica play anti-football" "They don't play to win", explain how the fuck Costa Rica will be able to just attack and beat the Dutch? They beat Uruguay and Italy using a solid defensive line to play through their quick attackers, allowing them to score. If they just went ultra-attacking (Football manager reference) then they would have been torn apart.

Also, people seem to be very happy with the Dutch, despite the fact that Robben openly admitted to diving against Mexico. I would prefer a team who use a strategy to win rather than a team win unfairly. (Not saying the Dutch won unfairly, but they could have if Robben had won fouls for his dives)

Costa Rica didn't play anti football, that was some bullshit Messi made up after playing Rangers because they couldn't get through the defence. When the difference in class is so much you do what is easier and it is always easier to defend than attack in football. Costa Rica almost beat Holland when they came out of their shell with 10 mins in extra time to go. Holland were put right under the cosh and almost lost it at the end.

Costa Rica didn't play anti football, that was some bullshit Messi made up after playing Rangers because they couldn't get through the defence. When the difference in class is so much you do what is easier and it is always easier to defend than attack in football. Costa Rica almost beat Holland when they came out of their shell with 10 mins in extra time to go. Holland were put right under the cosh and almost lost it at the end.

Exactly. Their only hope of winning was on the counter. Sort of reminds me of Jose Mourinho slagging off West Ham for "19th Century Defending" and then he does the same to Liverpool. Costa Rica showed great determination, but they would have been destroyed in an open attacking match.

And Brazil starts the patheticness with blatant dive, god I'd love to see a booking in the first 10 minutes again Brazil to get them to actually play soccer.

Germany will beat Brazil by two goals, 2-0 or 3-1. The Germans have such control.

Shame really, wish Germany would go after them and smash them....

edit: how the fck does Ozil get in this German team? He's looked utter shit against anybody decent. He started the season well for Arsenal but since xmas he's been shit.

4- Germany does have tradition. But Brazil has more, has a pragmatic coach, has 5 freaking WC titles and has the home field advantage (where Brazil hasn't lost since 2002). Now Germany is scoring 2/3 in the next match? Is Brazil really that much worse than Algeria, Gana and France? Odd...
OK. Let's see on tuesday. I do recognize Germany is the favorite (more experienced, more technical, more mature tactically) and a real threat to the 6th brazilian title run, but I'm going to be rooting hard for Brazil and I think Brazil has a real shot at winning. Let's see.

I was wrong i am sorry... this could be a cricket score.

Brazil just don't look a threat without their favoured No.10 and without Thiago Silva in the back. Don't know if it would be any different with them. Germany look completely dominant.

Brazil resorting to pathetic diving trying to get something