So you think the Wand-Chael travesty has hit its climax already?

He has spoken on it now http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2092641-chael-sonnen-fails-random-drug-test-fight-with-vitor-belfort-off

Sonnen was randomly tested by the Nevada State Athletic Commission when he was in Las Vegas in May, likely for Dan Henderson's fight against Daniel Cormier. The results of the test confirmed the presence of Anastrozole and Clomiphene, both of which are classified as anti-estrogenic, and are prohibited substances.

Okamoto points out that "Anastrozole is used to treat early stages of breast cancer. Clomiphene is used in cases of female infertility."

LOL

Time for the UFC to move away from both of these guys and TRT users in general. Neither Silva or Sonnen will ever be a contender again or even a gatekeeper. No sense in letting these guys make the sport look bad because they cheat to try and stay competitive.

• Upvote 1

Time for the UFC to move away from both of these guys and TRT users in general. Neither Silva or Sonnen will ever be a contender again or even a gatekeeper. No sense in letting these guys make the sport look bad because they cheat to try and stay competitive.

I concur with this.

the mma world is changing so it is either they adapt or leave the sport if they cannnot live without trt.

• Upvote 1

http://www.cagepotato.com/chael-sonnen-tries-to-explain-failed-drug-test-via-last-second-interview-with-jay-mohr-sports/

silly "fans" and their nonsense. if the NFL and MLB moved away from every player on steroids, more than half the league would be gone.

You like Jay Mohr? You keep becoming more of a cool dude man...

They both failed the test... why not just let them fight each other? Even better, throw Vitor in it and have a royal rumble

• Upvote 1

Ok, so I read more about that story...and doesn't look like Chael did anything wrong tbh. He prolly should've mention to the NSAC that he will do that to get of then-legal-now-banned TRT, but still he didn't use PEDs or something like that...

Ok, so I read more about that story...and doesn't look like Chael did anything wrong tbh. He prolly should've mention to the NSAC that he will do that to get of then-legal-now-banned TRT, but still he didn't use PEDs or something like that...

It's on the list of products athletes are not allowed to use, even when they are not the day before a fight.

He knew that for sure, and if not, he and his doctor should have checked that anyways, so it's his fault and he should take the consequences.

It's on the list of products athletes are not allowed to use, even when they are not the day before a fight.

He knew that for sure, and if not, he and his doctor should have checked that anyways, so it's his fault and he should take the consequences.

Ok, let me rephrase that then, becuase I wasn't clear with what I wanted to say. By any means I don't say he should get away with it just like that, but bashing him and saying he's hypocrite...first of all, he was bashing Wandarlei for running away from drug testing, which most likely means he was taking PEDs or something like it. Chael didn't run away when they wanted to test him, so I dont see how he's hypocrite here. Second of all - like I said he SHOULD'VE throw a notice to NSAC and talk with them about using them, exlpaining why he needs them so there is nothing hide there, but again - he wasn't trying really to cheat. He was during a process to adapt to new rules set by NSAC, which banned TRT so in order to compete within new rules, he had to get off TRT.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He's a hypocrite because he was taunting Wandy for never really being on board to fight, when presumably Chael knew he was still on TRT drugs back when the NSAC banned TRT back in February. He also never volunteered to tell the commission he was on those drugs, even if it was with the "Clomid for the kids" BS argument, despite now claiming that he has been the model of transparency

I like Chael, but I like him for his mouth. I didn't really want to see him tap out again. If his tiny balls prevent him from passing a drug test, just let him retire from fighting and just be an analyst or a PR guy for the UFC. The guy has proven he can talk his way in and out of anything

I agree, after reading the story I don't think he did anything wrong. It also sounds like treatment was scheduled to be done before fight time but the random drug tests caught trace amounts. Anybody who knows about how drug testing works knows that different lab methods can detect substances to different degrees. If the commission changed the rules and that rule change required him to take different drugs, it seems like he was pretty much fucked.

If you combine people's dislike of Chael with their "everything is a steroid and bad" mentality then you are going to get a lot of opinions like the ones above.

• Upvote 1

http://www.cagepotato.com/chael-sonnen-tries-to-explain-failed-drug-test-via-last-second-interview-with-jay-mohr-sports/

silly "fans" and their nonsense. if the NFL and MLB moved away from every player on steroids, more than half the league would be gone.

I doubt it. Players would have to simply stop cheating or find new ways to cheat. The MLB has really cleaned up steroids. The NFL has made efforts, but its hard to tell how successful they've been. Multiple players in both leagues have been banned each year. Sadly the leagues have to play catch-up with the cheaters and science, every year new drugs/procedures are invented and abused that force the leagues to play catch-up.

I think it's pretty general knowledge that TRT use is needed mostly by athletes that abused steroids and burnt out their bodies ability to produce testosterone. I cant think of any reason why these guy should get a pass on the situation. Any practice or drug an athlete can use to gain an illegal advantage over an opponent should be banned and dealt with harshly.

I'd argue the MLB is much less then half at this stage, but the NFL? We'd have a league full of kickers...and probably some of them would test positive as well.

I beg to differ about the MLB,most NFL players failing tests are failing substance abuse more than PEDs and the PED that they are taking is HGH which isnt a steroid. I think its best that athletes dont "cheat" and stay natural,but to be quite honest,anabolic steroids,HGH and TRT all require you to workout twice as hard and as much to see positive gains from it. Its harder to break those muscles down for them to recover stronger