Before Liddel retires

I was just wondering is there anyone you would like to see Liddel fight before he retires?

I personally would like to see Liddel/Silva II. I just recently watched the first one again and realized that although it was good, I was disappointed in the outcome of the fight, not because Liddel won but because it was won by a decision. I was hoping for a dramatic knockout or ref stoppage. I think another fight between the two could give just a good a fight as before, if not better, and the fight would sell anyways, just because the first one was so good. Plus it could give Liddel a memorable way to end his career.

chuck and tito, i think tito will take it now.

Interesting, but if Tito wins Dana will need a restraining order against Chuck."Gimme another contract, I want round 4" phone calls at all hours of the night.

Interesting, but if Tito wins Dana will need a restraining order against Chuck."Gimme another contract, I want round 4" phone calls at all hours of the night.

IF, key word.

And if they did that I'd just expect Chuck to punch Tito in the face when they raised Tito's hand, and (t)KO him like he would 9/10 times anyway.

9/10 might be a lil steep, at least 4/5. He's already up 2.

Chuck should retire without fighting anyone else. He's a shambling mess at this point, the only thing he can do is cast a dark shadow over his earlier fights. He'll just become the striker version of Kerr.

Chuck should retire without fighting anyone else. He's a shambling mess at this point, the only thing he can do is cast a dark shadow over his earlier fights. He'll just become the striker version of Kerr.

Wrong. Chuck's still got it in him. He just can't beat the top "elite" fighters anymore. He always has had a punchers chance.

Wrong. Chuck's still got it in him. He just can't beat the top "elite" fighters anymore. He always has had a punchers chance.

Well, let's see. He's 39 and plans to take a year off, which means he will be 40. Chuck's technique has always been based on his quick counter punching and reflexes are the first thing to go in old people. That's why someone like Randy can have a career into his 40s, because his fighting style is less based on reflex and more based on grinding his opponent's down. Randy's fellow old guy Coleman has a similar style.

Chuck has dropped four of his last five fights. Of those losses, he was brutally KO'd twice. His only non-finished loss was to Keith Jardine, who would have been destroyed by a younger, less coke addled, Chuck. It's a truism that getting KO'd, especially in a harsh fashion, makes it easier for a fighter to be KO'd again later. Chuck is now displaying this. Speaking of getting brutally KO'd, Chuck's one recent win was against Wanderlei Silva. Wandy is basically a gift to Chuck as his wild, super-aggressive style should feed right into Liddell's defensive minded unorthodox counterpunching. Wandy also has the aforementioned problem of having a history of being KO'd in a harsh fashion (Crocop practically took his head off) so he shouldn't have the chin to resist Liddell. But instead they went to a decision. Chuck didn't have the reflexes or power necessary to put down an opponent that should have been ideal for him.

I'm curious why you think Chuck still has it in him.

Well, let's see. He's 39 and plans to take a year off, which means he will be 40. Chuck's technique has always been based on his quick counter punching and reflexes are the first thing to go in old people. That's why someone like Randy can have a career into his 40s, because his fighting style is less based on reflex and more based on grinding his opponent's down. Randy's fellow old guy Coleman has a similar style.

Chuck has dropped four of his last five fights. Of those losses, he was brutally KO'd twice. His only non-finished loss was to Keith Jardine, who would have been destroyed by a younger, less coke addled, Chuck. It's a truism that getting KO'd, especially in a harsh fashion, makes it easier for a fighter to be KO'd again later. Chuck is now displaying this. Speaking of getting brutally KO'd, Chuck's one recent win was against Wanderlei Silva. Wandy is basically a gift to Chuck as his wild, super-aggressive style should feed right into Liddell's defensive minded unorthodox counterpunching. Wandy also has the aforementioned problem of having a history of being KO'd in a harsh fashion (Crocop practically took his head off) so he shouldn't have the chin to resist Liddell. But instead they went to a decision. Chuck didn't have the reflexes or power necessary to put down an opponent that should have been ideal for him.

I'm curious why you think Chuck still has it in him.

Randy came outta retirement and using his boxing to set up his wrestling. He pretty much outboxed Tim Sylvia. Chuck Liddell is a better fighter than Randy, if him and Randy fought again I still think Chuck would win. It's true when you get KO'd you're likely more prone to being knocked out again but I still think Chuck's very good, if I recall correctly he stunned Shogun once or twice. Look who Chuck's fought and got KO'd by.. Shogun, Rampage Jackson, Rashad Evans. All top 5 fighters in LHW division, Jardine may have been top 15 at the time, and Wandy was still top 10.

You fail to factor in a lot of things for the Wandy and Chuck fight. There's a lot of hype and expectations going into that octagon, this was a fight we've been waiting for since PRIDE when Chuck went over there to get pounded by Rampage. Hell this fight was suppose to happen a long time ago I'm sure that both fighters had a little bit extra to live up to, and possiblely played a role in how they fought. Coulda been nervous, who knows. Lotta things we don't think about so to say Chuck shoulda just KO'd him and he's less of a fighter because it went to a decision is pretty stupid.

I still believe Chuck at least has a punchers chance to beat almost anybody in their division. He would struggle with the top 5-10 but I think he'd take Renato Babalu with no problem and that's a guy people call top 10-15. All the punches that knocked him out were great punches, and if anybody got caught like that they woulda been put to sleep. Shogun beating Chuck isn't a reason to give up on him, now if he lost to Tito Ortiz, Stephan Bonner, Jardine (again so fight 2), or Mark Coleman I'd say Chuck is over and out. Hell, Ray Mercer came outta retirement and knocked Tim Sylvia out. Why you givin up on Chuck?

...and I'm 100% a Rampage Jackson fan. So I'm far from a Chuck Liddell fan boy or nuthugger. I'm just failing to see why people think Chuck can't win anymore?

chuck can fight again against tito would be nice i wanna see that fight and if he wins he might have the sense to go out with a banf but tito seems to want to squash all the beef and be a ufc good guy now soo dunno weather the fight would happen but i still wanna see BAS RUTTEN vs tito lol so i dunno mann gotta love bas

chuck can fight again against tito would be nice i wanna see that fight and if he wins he might have the sense to go out with a banf but tito seems to want to squash all the beef and be a ufc good guy now soo dunno weather the fight would happen but i still wanna see BAS RUTTEN vs tito lol so i dunno mann gotta love bas

Bas Rutten is my 2nd favorite person in MMA ( if we're not talking about ring girls ;) ) behind Rampage Jackson. I like Nick Diaz also and Krazy Horse is up there too.

Where do you get that Chuck even has a remote shot at taking Tito out, I mean I give him a punchers chance, thats it. The second fight Tito was doing good in certain areas and even in the first fight he caught him a few times, you act like Tito can't take a hit, it took like 8 punches for Liddell to drop him in the first fighter, that was Liddell in his prime, Tito is now working with Freddie Roach, training his Brazilian Ju Jitsu and still has a chin on him, since hes never been KO'ed and the only time he was TKO'd was by Chuck, I say don't let the fight happen to keep Chucks Legacy, those wins made his career. Tito would win this fight.

On a different note I do not like Chuck Liddell, but I have respect for any guy who can keep coming back after countless KO's, though now its just hard to watch, the Shogun fight I was cringing the whole time, severely outclassed, he will end up like Ken Shamrock if he doesn't give it up, Randy could pull off a comeback, Randy also had not been knocked out Four times in the last Two years (Give or take), Chuck's chin is done and his style isn't really the type that can take a glass chin. If he did come back I'd recommend actually using some of his wrestling to GnP. He has some of the best wrestling in the division, but nowadays his striking is not even top 5 anymore.

Where do you get that Chuck even has a remote shot at taking Tito out, I mean I give him a punchers chance, thats it. The second fight Tito was doing good in certain areas and even in the first fight he caught him a few times, you act like Tito can't take a hit, it took like 8 punches for Liddell to drop him in the first fighter, that was Liddell in his prime, Tito is now working with Freddie Roach, training his Brazilian Ju Jitsu and still has a chin on him, since hes never been KO'ed and the only time he was TKO'd was by Chuck, I say don't let the fight happen to keep Chucks Legacy, those wins made his career. Tito would win this fight.

On a different note I do not like Chuck Liddell, but I have respect for any guy who can keep coming back after countless KO's, though now its just hard to watch, the Shogun fight I was cringing the whole time, severely outclassed, he will end up like Ken Shamrock if he doesn't give it up, Randy could pull off a comeback, Randy also had not been knocked out Four times in the last Two years (Give or take), Chuck's chin is done and his style isn't really the type that can take a glass chin. If he did come back I'd recommend actually using some of his wrestling to GnP. He has some of the best wrestling in the division, but nowadays his striking is not even top 5 anymore.

"I don't believe in pleasure, only a release in pain." George St. Pierre

GSP quote lol... GSP might be a homo after that one.

Tito would think he has a chance to knock Chuck out, box with him, and get (t)ko'd. I don't need to explain it. Chuck got hit with great punches, people get knocked out from punches on the button like that when you get hit that hard. Give Chuck 6-8 months to train. I think he'll come in great shape. Unless he has just fallen on the bandwagon, went on a coke vinge, and well... fell off.

These questions will never be answered until Ortiz vs. Liddell 3 happens, no way UFC doesn't exploit this, a main event like that could easily break a record because of the huge draws those two are. Silva Vs. Liddell 2 because both are big punchers and both chins are not nearly what they use to be, mainly Silva's (Though who has taken more punishment then that poor bastard)

Or UFC could be real dicks and do Jackson Vs. Liddell 3...that'd be worse then the Shogun fight.