$1.5 million 32-man double elimination tourney

I'd like to see a review of this event.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14053581049693.png

Ivar "The Boneless" Lothbrokson

"I'll do my fight.

Edin wants to hump the Boneless, it doesn't work. They clinch up and Ivar fucks him up beyond measure. Ivar breaks the clinch and two punches later Edin is assuming the position to be humiliated. Face down, ass up. That's the way i like to fuck."

I'd like to see a review of this event.

I think Bruce Leroy is doing a review of this event and I'll be doing a short press conference soon.

I dont know what (double elimination) means lmao. Oh well i'll just knock e'rybody out

It means that you have to lose twice to be eliminated. You can see the entire tournament brackets here:

NEX Welterweight Warzone

NEX Light Heavyweight Havoc

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1404127501nexlogo.jpg

NEX WW Warzone 1

The Underground - Hilo (856)

Hilo

MMA

Aloha Hilo! I’m your event reviewer, Bruce Leroy, and I’m excited to bring the debut of the NEX Welterweight Warzone tournament to all you NEXunites! There is $1.5 Million on the line boys and girls! This is just one of TWO 16 man - double elimination - tournaments that will be taking place in 2014 for NEX and you will find it all in this thread. Every manager seems to be serious about this tournament; we will see who can capitalize on their early lead.

!!!! NEXunites! WW Warzone 1 went pau! pau! pau! pau! pau! Here in Hilo, we say pau! when something is finished! 8/10 fights, no judge needed.

Some guy named Tinkerbell used his wings to wrap his opponent up in a clinch from Never never land in which you do not escape, you only get cut up and elbowed…

A few of the other guys who didn’t have wings were able to 3D print some wings and sneak them into the cage to utilize against their first round opponent…

most noteable of whom, Lothbrokson, who not only death clinched his opponent, he released his bear hug of love, just to punch his foe into the pre-prepared death clinch grave...

The opposite approach from Stevens.. completely unrelated side note though.. Have you ever seen a umm.. let’s say, person slightly less as smart as you who is really strong? Then they grab umm.. let’s say their teacher’s hair or clothing, and the teacher just can’t break free because the person is so strong? You’ve seen that right? Again, unrelated to the fight, just curious.

Hamilton is apparently not a wrestler, he breaks faces…

Wareheim became the leading candidate for 1st fighter to be accused of PED use on MMA Tycoon..

And Tony Jaa & Jack Jericho decided to duke it out once again, on neutral ground because Jaa kind of escaped with some hometown judge luck!

Let’s get to the action!

Welterweight Warzone 1

PAU PAU PAU

The Shadow v. Bennet Benoit

Benoit wasted no time taking to fight to the mat. Shadow was clearly the better standup fighter as he was very accurate with the punches he was able to get off. Once Benoit got on top, Shadow had no answer. Benoit ground and pounded his way to a 2nd round TKO at the 4:48 mark. He will face Tinker Bell in the 2nd round of the tournament.

“The Transvestite Fairy” Tinker Bell v. Shawn Williams

This fight was contested entirely in the clinch. Bell was relentless with his clinch striking and opened up a cut early on in the 1st round. Once he smelled blood, he was more like a shark than a fairy, with the way he kept the pressure on Williams. This fight ended via doctor stoppage in the 2nd round as a result of the cut suffered by Shawn Williams. The first two matchups have been set for WW Warzone 2.

Round 2 - August 20th

Bennet Benoit v. Tinker Bell

Revenge Round 1 - August 20th

The Shadow v. Shawn Williams

De Bruyne “The Brain” v. “Whiskey Ginger” Conan Foley

Another clinched contested fight for you tonight folks. De Bruyne used his punching in the clinched to soften up Foley and eventually scored a 1st round TKO at the 2:25 mark.

Tony “Tatchakorn” Jaa v. Jack Jericho

These two fighters wanted to get the win so bad, the did everything they could to try and win. They traded shots on the feet and takedowns. There were sweeps and ground strikes. This fight had it all! Except a winner, Jericho and Jaa fight it out to a draw and will continue their squabble in Sydney at NEX Sydney 5 on August 9th. We must have a victor, so no poison berries will be allowed in the cage.

Round 2 - Aug 20th

De Bruyne v. Winner Jaa-Jericho

Revenge Round 1 - Aug 20th

Conan Foley v. Loser Jaa-Jericho

Harold “Heatseeker” Hamilton v. Sean Avery

Heatseeker really lived true to his name. He shocked everybody by scoring a KO in just 39 seconds to escape the contest injury free and ready to fight for round 2. Seven punches and it was all over. He’s probably already back in the gym.

Ivar “The Boneless” Lothbrokson v. James Edin

I feel like I haven’t said word clinch enough in this review. So for good measure, here is one more fight full of clinchy goodness because everybody loves a clinger. Edin went for a double leg at the beginning of the 1st round and found himself in Lothbrokson’s clinch of love. Except Lothbrokson wasn’t too loving. He punched Edin over and over again until his hand started to hurt then he decided it was time to break the clinch and deliver one final killing blow to Edin. It was not very nice of him. On to Round 2 he goes however.

Round 2 - Aug 20th

Harold Hamilton v. Ivar Lothbrokson

Sean Avery v. James Edin

Dark Conqueror v. Shank “Splatter” Stevens

Two and a half rounds contested in the clinch. Stevens initiated the clinch in both rounds, but missed with a lot of his shots. He was still able to pull of the 2nd round TKO and open up a cut on Conqueror’s face. Lot’s of cuts in the cage tonight. This is a long tournament, but some of these cuts might start playing a factor down the road. Splatter Stevens moves on to Round 2.

Eric Wareheim v. Cameron Dollar

Wareheim had an impressive showing to cap off the WW Warzone Tournament opening round. Dollar was no match for Wareheim on the feet and Wareheim took full advantage. It took him less than two minutes to pick Dollar apart and knock him out with a series of punches. His strength and confidence looked impressive. He may have stamped himself as the early favorite for this tournament.

Round 2 - Aug 20th

Shank Stevens v. Eric Warheim

Dark Conqueror v. Cameron Dollar

http://mmatycoon.com/images/1404546138Last%20Dragon%20MMA.jpg

This review brought to you by Last Dragon MMA - Hilo. Membership is growing and with that so will our coaching staff. Come train your young fighters!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company_banners/1400839214Last%20Dragon%20MMA%20Banner.jpg

Nicholas Nuke Em v. Fox Stanley

155 lbs.

Fox Stanley made his NEX debut here as he took on vet Nuke Em. Nuke Em didn’t seem like a vet in his fourth professional fight; he almost missed weight and looked sluggish in the cage. Stanley applied his wrestling nicely was determined with takedown attempts. He took Nuke Em down in all three rounds and maintained control enough to get the nod on the judges’ scorecards. This win puts Stanley is great position to make a title run because as a result of this decision win over Nuke Em, he is knocking on the door of the top five of an exciting lightweight division. We’ll see how he can come in and shake things up.

Main Event

Richard Grayson v. Colonel Angus

265 lbs.

We had a BJJ match in the cage for the main event, but it was a good one! These two heavyweights immediately hit the canvas after Angus hit the takedown in the opening seconds. Angus appeared to be able to control position decently well on top, but had to fight off submission attempts from Graysons active guard. However, once Angus was able to pass the guard of Grayson, he was able to put Grayson on the defensive and throw up some submissions of his own. You could tell this fight wouldn’t make it to the 2nd round. These two heavyweights battled for position and traded submission attempts until the final seconds! It was a thriller, but Angus must have relaxed towards the end because he allowed Grayson to throw up a triangle at the 4:55 mark of the 1st round, which Grayson turned into an armbar that made Angus tap before he could be saved by the bell. Grayson is now 4-1 under the NEX banner and has definitely earned a #1 contender matchup. The champ is tied up, but there is competition out there for Grayson.

• Upvote 3

ERIC http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14046662446702.jpg WAREHEIM

"I realized you didn't like my tweet, I'm offended :(. I'm sure I'll meet you in the finals my fair rainy weathered nordic friend, let's turn up at Sully's until then! AWOOO, TURNT UP! I want a HASISH!"

"AND CLICK MY PICTURE I NEED ATTENTION!"

Bradon Comte- that guy Eric is such a character, I wonder what Tim is doing these days, he hinted MMA a while back but... he's too busy with adult swim I guess. I literally mean he's an instructer for a mature woman swim team.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1404127501nexlogo.jpg

NEX Light Heavyweight Havoc 1

The Underground - Hilo (1,000)

Sydney

MMA

The long awaited 205er side of the brackets kicks off tonight! Sixteen warriors begin their journey for their share of the $1.5 million prize.

Heavyweight Special Attraction

Reginald Thornbury v Tenzei Wong

Thornbury will try to use his boxing and height advantage to outstrike Wong. Wong is no slouch on his feet, either, but might want to take it to the mat where his questionable chin won't be an issue.

Light Heavyweight Tournament Bouts

Rick Wall v Ren Hitogoroshi

In a clash of two wonderful boxers with white belts, I doubt we will see many takedown attempts. These two will likely stand and trade in what could produce the knockout of the night.

Timmy The Gun v Bismarck De Jager

De Jager is a Muay Thai fighter. However, he'll have to watch the counters on those kick attempts because Gun will almost surely want to take him down, seeing as his standup skills are rudimentary at best.

Darren McCarty v Boss Godfrey

My prediction for this one is that McCarty will want to throw kicks from a distance, while Godfrey will try to clinch up and do his damage from in close. The guy who dictates the position of this fight will probably win.

Tim Kennedy v Guns Malone

Kennedy will be best served going for a quick KO in this one because he is completely outmatched in the wrestling department. If Malone gets him down, it will be big trouble. Malone better not wait too long for that first takedown attempt or he could be sleeping.

Anta Gonista v Lance Bishop

This bout sets up pretty much the same as the last one. Gonista has great standup and should dominate on the feet, but must do so quickly because Bishop's wrestling can surely take him down at any moment.

Dark Infection v Tyler Tepper

Tepper continues the trend we have of fights featuring wonderful wrestlers. Dark Infection is no slouch in the wrestling department either, but will probably be using it to stay on the feet, where he has better boxing.

Mason Storm v Stannis Baratheon

Like many of our bouts today, we have a striker trying to score a knockout before the grappler can take him to the floor. That will definitely be the plan for Storm against the much better wrestler, Baratheon.

Reginald Spector v The Gun

It is boxing versus muay thai in this one. The fans will be on the edges of their seats to see the night conclude with a slugfest. Hopefully both men bite down on their mouth pieces and swing for the fences.

We'll schedule a rematch for as soon as both guys can get to 100% energy with no injuries to get the tournament back on track. There was one in the welterweight tournament as well. What's with all the draws happening in a fast-paced tournament :knifehead:

Pretty pissed off, set sliders pre fight to 100% follow orders and no takedowns and he went for 4 takedowns and a head kick in the space of about 2 minutes? Thank fuck it's double elimination cause I think I popped a retard

haha i would be so pissed

I thought I set my guy to 100% Takedowns while in the clinch for his fight, didn't attempt one but kept hitting useless elbows.

does this have to do with his intelligence or something?

maybe IQ of 10 and he well full potato?

You could always let us know your sliders GBK and I'm sure we can all HELP you out..... ;)

Sure, why don't I just post up his secondaries and physicals while I am at it ;)

But seriously, I messed up when setting his sliders. Meant to have him go for takedowns but for some reason, I put him to stay standing -_-

Would have been a different result with the amount of time it took him to KO my guy. Would probably have been able to secure a takedown.

In case anyone has noticed that there was no review of the last event, it is because we are holding a lot more events than we used to. Bruce Leroy is going to be doing a weekly review that will cover the 1-2 events that happen each week and will be written after Saturday events each week. We'll get it posted both here and in the NEX Smack Talk thread after the next event happens.

NEX LHW Havoc 1

The Underground - Sydney(556)

MMA

NEX Sydney 5

Hard Knocks - Sydney(1882)

MMA

Aloha NEXunites! We had two cards this week, both taking place in Sydney, Australia. Wednesday’s event was to kick off the NEX Light Heavyweight Havoc tournament which is the 2nd half of the $1.5 Million creation tournament across two divisions! Saturday’s event saw NEX Lightweight Champion put his belt on the line or for his first title defense. Let’s run down the tournament highlight.

Boss Godfrey thought he was going to win this fight in the clinch, but Darren McCarty demonstrated why you should not initiate a clinch if you ain’t about that life..

Guns Malone had the only knockout from ground and pound for the night..

Lance Bishop emerged as the most arrogant fighter in the tournament thus far..

The Gun made it quick and got out before the cops showed up..

And what you do you know? Two tournaments, two rounds done, and two draws…

Highlights from Sydney 5

Tony Jaa looked like something out of a Muay Thai movie as he literally punch his ticket to the NEX Welterweight Warzone tournament..

Caliph James made his opponent tap from strikes..

Takeshi Fujiwara landed over 100 strikes while only getting hit once..

Blake scored the fastest KO of the night in 50 seconds..

And Alexander Emelianenko had the fastest sub of the night in 109 seconds..

Let’s get to the action!

NEX Light Heavyweight Havoc 1

Undercard

Tenzei “The Ox” Wong v. Reginald “The Pig” Thornbury

265 lbs.

The Pig was unsuccessful in his NEX debut against The Ox. He lost by KO at the 29 second mark of the 1st round.

Main Card

Light Heavyweight Havoc Tournament

Rick “The Brick” Wall v. “The Reaper” Ren Hitogoroshi

The Reaper got the unanimous decision and moves on to the 2nd round.

Timmy “Robinson” The Gun v. Bismarck De Jager

This fight ended in a draw and will be contested again on 16.08.2014.

Boss “The Man With No Eyes” Godfrey v. Darren McCarty

McCarty took the fight into the clinch and Godfrey took the control from there. 1st round TKO.

Guns Malone v. Tim Kennedy

Guns Malone ground and pounded his way into the next round of the tournament with a 1st round TKO.

“Perfect” Anta Gonista v. Lance Bishop

Lance Bishop had the quickest finish and only submission of the tournament pulling off a kimura in 47 seconds.

Dark Infection v. Tyler “The Assassin” Tepper

Tepper took the unanimous decision to fend off the Dark Infection. At least for now.

Stanis “Mo******king” Baratheon v. “Detective” Mason Storm

Baratheon doesn’t always throw elbows, but when he does there is $1.5 Million on the line and he can’t land them. He drops his first round fight to Storm.

The Gun v. Reginal “The Closer” Spector

The Gun might actually be a criminal. He’s got the look, he ended his fight and left the building real fast. I saw some cops backstage asking questions about him. Hopefully he’s not locked up for round two of the tournament.

NEX Sydney 5

Undercard

Jack Jericho v. Tony “Tatchakorn” Jaa

170 lbs.

Tony Jaa get’s the knockout victory after letting the first fight go to a draw. He is ready to move on to the 2nd round of the Welterweight Warzone tournament.

Raymond Blake v. Kevin “The Coffin” Hordeen

185 lbs.

Blake won his NEX and professional debut with a 59 second TKO over Hordeen.

Andrew “The Nightmare” Morgan v. Caliph “Prince” James

185 lbs.

Prince managed to get The Nightmare to agree he’d had enough and tap out to avoid being hit in the face anymore. 46 second submission(strikes) for Prince James.

Tim “Rabid” Rabilla v. Eddie Bravo

265 lbs.

Rabilla controlled the action and won on the judges’ scorecards after three rounds.

Landon Barca v. Takeshi “Chopstix” Fujiwara

155 lbs.

Barca can really take a beating. That’s all he did for three rounds. Fujiwara get the decision.

Brandon “The American Dragon” Danielson v. Edward “Landslide” Foyalang

155 lbs.

Danielson pulled off the 1st round kimura to extend his professional record to 3-0.

Main Card

Alexander “Red Devil” Emelianenko v. “Bangin” Bobby Marshall

265 lbs.

Red Devil got his 7th submission victory in eight fights. He took the fight to the mat early and was relentless with submissions until he finally forced to tap from Marshall. Red Devil has an impressive 7-1 record and may be just one fight away from a title shot. We will have to see how things unfold in the heavyweight division.

Ricardo Smith v. Tommy “Toe” Hold

155 lbs.

Hold was able to get the 1st round from Smith, but Smith’s takedowns and ground work earned him the judges’ nod in the following rounds. Smith knocked off an NEX veteran and has positioned himself at the top of the lightweight division. He will meet the newly crowned champ later this month!

Patrick “The Shark” Marleau v. Lewis “Mad Dog” Rampage

185 lbs.

The Shark goes into his fights with a simple plan, make ‘em tap. Rampage reversed the initial takedown attempt of The Shark, giving Mad Dog top position. The Shark ended the round on top after executing a sweep and in the 2nd round, the Mad Dog threw his head right into the jaws of the shark and had to tap before being chewed up and spit out. Marleau, 2nd round triangle after being taken down. Marleau will have a number one contender match while the champion is defending his title later this month.

Eddie “The Barbarian” Barbaros v. Solomon “Grundy” Augustine

185 lbs.

You could say Barbaros is a dirty fighter. I say he’s just a fighter who uses the MMA rules to his advantage combined with his skills. This is the fourth fight he’s finished by opening up a cut and elbowing it until the referee says he can’t do it anymore. He’s only been defeated by the champion. He is the other half of the number one contender match. Will he be able to get a third shot at the champ? If he does, will he suffer the same fate as the last two fights? I’ll be watching out for sure.

• Upvote 1